[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain idols to me. What is the appeal to them outside of singing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Explain idols to me. What is the appeal to them outside of singing girls in cute dresses?

Is it because they come in groups and you can pick and choose? Are their personalities realistic and endearing? Is it the design? Are the songs actually good? The story good? Or the games actually fun? Tell me why it's so popular when other anime have done the same?
>>
They're cute little virgins you want to waifu

Except for Honoka who is a JAV slut
>>
>>152114495
So if they didn't sing and dance would they still be just as popular? It has to be more than that.
>>
2D are a gateway to 3D real life idols which is way more addicting and destructive.
>>
>>152114539
>So if they didn't sing and dance would they still be just as popular?

Are you aware that harem shows and moe shows do exist too? The fact that they can sing and dance is just a plus.
>>
File: 1482164549287.png (1MB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1482164549287.png
1MB, 1275x1650px
>>152114594
How so?
>>
>>152114674
Idols appear to be more popular than they are, so the singing and dancing part of it must be the factor that tips it, right?
>>
it's cute girls doing cute things

with the added bonus of dressing up in cute costumes and dancing on stage
also yeah some of the songs are good
>>
>>152114698
Becuase real Idols have real lives and social media so you can follow them. They show up in multiple magazines and TV shows and radio. Plus its fun to talk shit to fans of the girls who get caught craving the D.

2D idols dont have much going on other than fan made stuff which is ussually shit.
>>
PriPara is the only idol show I like. It's funny and very clever for a kids' show (or by the standards of most anime, really).
>>
>>152114476
I got into this just so I can shit talk other people's idols for fun. It's a tribal thing, I guess. Now I'm far too deep in. It's called idol hell for a reason.
>>
>>152114750
It's fair to think like that I guess. Maybe there's marketing too. Most moe shows don't have the exposure Idol shows have.
>>
>>152114476
>What is the appeal to them outside of singing girls in cute dresses?
That's like 80% of the appeal, you've gotta like the characters enough to enjoy seeing them singing and dancing in cute dresses to enjoy an idol series.
>Is it because they come in groups and you can pick and choose?
I think that could be said about most anime series, but it is so.
>Are their personalities realistic and endearing?
Not realistic at all, it's all idealized so they don't claw at each other all day every day. I find them endearing though.
>Is it the design?
As in character design? Yeah, that's probably more important in character driven series like idol ones.
>Are the songs actually good?
I like lots of them.
>The story good?
I only know iM@S, LL! and PriPara, some iM@S (games) stories are fine but nothing to write home about.
>Or the games actually fun?
Yes
>Tell me why it's so popular when other anime have done the same?
There's a fuckton of material after you are done with the source one, be it singles, magazine short stories, character interviews, seiyuu stuff, games and more, so you always have something to look forward to and the franchise never gets stale. That's all official, if you consider fanmade material then it's even more.
>>
>>152115389
Thanks for this post.
>>
File: hj45h4h.jpg (283KB, 1284x1074px) Image search: [Google]
hj45h4h.jpg
283KB, 1284x1074px
>>152114476

The biggest thing is that there is something for everybody. You can always find an idol (5 or 6 if iM@S CG) that you will like. You might find their looks to be what you want, their VA might be your favorite, their archetype might be your thing, and so on.

The music is another big reason for idols. Idol groups will always have lots of music because of the combinations they can make from the idols. 765 iM@S had 13 members but had songs that were sung using those members alone, in pairs, in trios, in quintets, and in the full group. You can pick and choose which song you like and who will sing it.

Idol groups also come in many forms, some groups like Love Live idols are amateurs in high school who compete against other schools. iM@S girls are pros and are already well established. Wake Up Girls go from nobody to pros. There are many others.

Groups of idols is much different from the token idol character that every anime seems to have.
>>
>>152114476
Not really

Realism is horrible

Designs are usually great

Sometimes

Only the good ones (your pic not related)

>games
>/a/

otaku will spend money on anything.
>>
>>152114476
2D? or 3D?
>>
>>152114909
2.5D idols are the best.
I mean, idol seiyuu
>>
>>152116327
I'm starting to understand now. The appeal is like "shopping". You're given a variety of girls to pick from a single location (series) and you can latch onto her, or trade her out for another without having to go else where. If it gets stale, you can always add more girls. I can see the customer loyalty in this. All they need is a blog for each girl for fans to follow.
>>
>>152117948
2D of course
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.