[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I watched this until the end of the yorkshin arc and I still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Hunter.x.Hunter.full.1840532.jpg (4MB, 2808x2840px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter.x.Hunter.full.1840532.jpg
4MB, 2808x2840px
So, I watched this until the end of the yorkshin arc and I still can't see what is so great about this to have received so much universal acclaim, there's still any hope that the rest of the series will change my mind or it's just more of the same?
>>
>>152081120
HxH is cool, better than Naruto.
>>
>>152081163
It's not, it's quite forgettable like other shonen
>>
>>152081204
I don't know, I've enjoyed it. But there are better shonen out there.
>>
>>152081288
Too bad that people talk about it like it is the fucking Citizen Kane of the shounen genre when there's nothing really exceptional about it
>>
Each story arc takes its own style.

York New just happens to appeal to alot of people because it feels like some kinda hitman story where the main characters go up against a gang.

The arcs that follow after are quite different in feeling (trying to beat a card game island inside of a video game cartridge, trying to stop mutant ants from taking over the planet, trying to elect a new president in the hunter association, etc.)
>>
>>152081163
Which shonen isn't better than Naruto?
>>
>>152082651
-Black Clover
-Fairy Tail
-Bleach
-Hitman Reborn
-Akame ga Kill
-Deadman Wonderland
-80% of ones that got cancelled early on
>>
>>152081120
>2011
This is what you get for being a dumbass.
>>
File: NLWOA8Y4.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
NLWOA8Y4.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>152081120
Every arc is so different I'm not sure what to tell you.

I think its one of the best shonen out there, but if your not feeling it, maybe try a couple of episode into the next arc to see how you feel m8.
>>
>>152081120
You let fan hype dictate your expectation instead thinking for yourself. HxH may be alot of people favorite series but it's not the best series out there.
>>
>>152081120
its ebcause its the only shonen show that doesnt rapidly devolve into:
>good guy group meets bad guy group
>split into 1 on 1 matches where the bad guy loses, or if he wins the good guy character lives
>rinse and repeat with some fanservice thrown in
>>
>>152081120
If /a/ teached me anything, it's that /a/'s universal opinion is sistematically wrong.
HxH is an exception though.
>>
>>152084666
But it's really weird that any other popular series has tons of haters but HxH doesn't, hell, even JoJo and FMAB has some haters. I think that the hiatuses are the only reason that people don't get tired of HxH like happens with other long running series.
>>
>>152085178
I've personally seen more HxH haters than FMAB haters.
>>
>>152081120
people like this shit for two reasons

>a single arc that is sort of a parody of shounen powerup cliches (chimera ants) that gets almost entirely negated right after in a manga that otherwise plays every single shounen cliche completely straight

>gay shotas
>>
>>152081120
it's mature for mature people like me, Naruto is for kids.
>>
I thought it was great but the ant arc absolutely destroyed it for me.

I couldn't fucking stand the Ants, no character, no redeeming features, even the most sensible was still a murderer and yet they loved to whine about how unfair any loss was. Then big-nig ant gets born and for no fucking reason at all he is god of the universe tier, characters we like die and then in the fucking end the ants get a happy ending?

Fuck no, screw that bullshit, the ants were fucking nonsense from the beginning, utterly remorseless and devoid of empathy, they deserve nothing less than utter destruction.

There wasn't a single ant that was a good character, a whole arc where every single enemy was "HURR ME RETARD STRENGHT, ME EAT ENTIRE VILLAGE OF PEOPLE LOL I LIKE HOW THEY SCREAM AS I CRUSH THEIR BONES, SOMETIMES I DON'T EVEN EAT THEM, JUST KILL THEM FOR FUN. OH NO DON'T ATTACK ME WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU? YOU HUMANS SURE ARE SAVAGES"

Fuck right off you stupid fucking cunts.
>>
>>152085093
It should be taught not teached just so you know
>>
>2011
>>
>>152086812
>>152083203
What is the difference other than the slower pacing in the original anime?
>>
>>152085093
>teached
>sistematically
You need to be taught by someone other than /a/.
>>
>>152085178
Most people under 25 watched it as a kid and loved it and it isn't relevant enough to be hated on now because the hiatus killed it
>>
File: iiii9999.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iiii9999.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
>>152081120
shota
>>
File: iojiojj.jpg (10KB, 325x259px) Image search: [Google]
iojiojj.jpg
10KB, 325x259px
>>152089375
>>
File: 01_01.jpg (217KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
01_01.jpg
217KB, 848x1200px
>>152089405
>>152089375
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.