[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it nominated as an Oscar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: yourname-1280x600.jpg (132KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
yourname-1280x600.jpg
132KB, 1280x600px
Was it nominated as an Oscar?
>>
>>152062240
for a*
>>
>>152062240
Pretty sure the noms are announced on the 24th, don't get your hopes up though
>>
Who cares, even if it gets nominated it won't win shit
>>
>>152062451
It'd still be cool to see it up there.
>>
>>152062240
Please remember that 99% of Oscar voters consider all animated movies to be kiddy shit and vote for Pixar by default, and Disney if there isn't a Pixar movie.

Remember that in 2014 The Lego Movie didn't even get nominated and the Oscar went to Big Hero 6.
>>
>>152062611
Spirited away won that one time
>>
File: the animation oscar.jpg (64KB, 580x927px) Image search: [Google]
the animation oscar.jpg
64KB, 580x927px
>>152062611
Anyone who pays attention to that garbage award is a masochist.
>>
>>152062638
That's because there wasn't much else going that year and Disney shilled the shit out of it to the Academy
>>
>>152062240
why do weebs give a single fuck about western awards
>>
>>152062827
We don't, we just want to see how far the meme train can go.
>>
Forget it. Zootopia has already won.

>>152062638
It was backed by Disney.
>>
>>152062827
If it gets a nomination, there's a much higher possibility for it to get a wider theatrical release in the west. That's the real reason I want it to happen.
>>
>>152062638

Wallace and Grommit also won once. But remember each was backed by a major American Studio.
>>
>>152062678
SOME
CHINESE
FUCKIN
THING
>>
>>152063907
Jesus, is it competing with Zootopia AND Moana. That's not even fair.

Winning isn't really the point, though. The winners are always jokes, but the fact that it's nominated (if it does get nominated) is what really gets prestige.
>>
>>152062678
>Frozen is intelligent, empowering and inspiring
Wat
>>
>>152062240
We don't know yet. Wait until January 24th for the nominees to be announced.

It's not gonna win an Oscar, but if it at least gets nominated, I'll be satisfied.
>>
>>152063907
I really hope Zootopia doesn't win.
It's such an overrated movie that barely even scratches the surface of tackling racism, yet all these PC idiots are sucking its dick like it's the second coming of Christ for animation.
And on a technical standpoint it doesn't do anything innovative for animation either.
If Moana wins, then I would be OK with it.
>>
this shit looks pretentios ass fuck, i heard good things from it but thats probably the only people that ever voice their opinions
>>
>>152065503
Movie about racism vs a perceived chick flick
Seriously, it is a no contest, not even /a/ can meme keitai mk2 to win
>>
>>152065038
For those who don't know what this anon is referencing:
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

>Voter #5: I only watch the ones that my kid wants to see, so I didn’t see [The] Boxtrolls but I saw Big Hero 6 and I saw [How to Train Your] Dragon [2]. We both connected to Big Hero 6 — I just found it to be more satisfying. The biggest snub for me was Chris Miller and Phil Lord not getting in for [The] Lego [Movie]. When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw [an apparent reference to the Japanese film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, as well as the Irish film Song of the Sea]? That is my biggest bitch. Most people didn’t even know what they were! How does that happen? That, to me, is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.
>MY VOTE: Big Hero 6

I love how Academy voters aren't even trying to be subtle about their racism.
>>
How did Mitsuha and Taki not notice the date?
>>
>>152065547
How is Zootopia seen as such an intelligent commentary on racism when it does so in such a hamfisted way?
It's not even the first Disney movie to tackle racism.
The Hunchback of Notre Damme was about racism and religious extremism, and it tackled its themes in a much more powerful way, had a much better story, and had better animation, music, etc.
Zootopia does not impress me in the slightest.
>>
>>152065621
Because you didn't notice either. Taki and Mitsuha were more caught up in the fact that they were switching bodies. In the scene where they were checking the diaries on their smartphones, if you look closely it shows the exact date with the three year time difference, but Taki and Mitsuha are going through the diaries too quickly to notice. Plus like dreams, they lose certain memories of their experiences when they return to their normal bodies.
>>
>>152065631
You can't talk sense to liberal movie people. I bet they dont even judge them by their animation quality. Kaguya should have BTFO the other nominees with its technical merit alone.
>>
>>152065631
I think it's more about the universe presented instead of the moral of the story.
I don't even know why I'm replying, this shit is subjective af
>>
File: frod.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
frod.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>152065681
But they were doing school. They had to write down the date.
>>
>>152065713
Read my post again faggot:
>Plus like dreams, they lose certain memories of their experiences when they return to their normal bodies.
>>
>>152065702
>I think it's more about the universe presented instead of the moral of the story.
Oh wow, a metropolis of talking animals. Big fucking whoop.
>>
>>152065729
But wouldn't they freak out when they figure out they are in a different time?
>>
>>152065175
Empowering and inspiring means feel-good. Intelligent means making meta jokes while sticking to the formula and not challenging the status quo.
>>
>>152065558
Its the one night of the year the jews can just chill out and revel in their own machinations, of course they're gonna let the casual racism slide
>>
>>152065768
Like I said, they didn't realize that since they were too fixated on the body swapping phenomenon, and even if they noticed the years were out of sync, they would've lost that memory when they returned to their original bodies anyway. Jesus fucking Christ, how many more times must I explain this?
>>
>>152065631
>Hunchback
>Not fox and the hound
Nigga, please.
>>
>>152065827
How is Fox and the Hound about racism? Genuinely curious. Haven't seen that movie since I was a preschooler so I can't remember a thing about it.
>>
>>152065768
Mitsuha was too busy visiting cafe and eating cake
Taki was too busy fondling his own body and bullying the country bumpkins
>>
File: Hide Keit-Ai threads.png (769KB, 680x517px) Image search: [Google]
Hide Keit-Ai threads.png
769KB, 680x517px
>>152065849
Go away....
>>
>>152065849
Stop shilling your shitty fanfic. That's advertising. I hope a trigger happy mod shits on you.
>>
>>152065849
woud you fuck off with this shit. It's not the same damn thing.
>>
>>152065864
Little fox cub and bloodhound pup grow up best friends, but they are torn apart by the roles society has decided for them. It's not explicitly about racism so much as any societal divide, but it's a poignant tale and much less ham-fisted than zootopia.
>>
>>152065994
Wouldn't that be more classism then? Not trying to take the jam outta your donut, just trying to help you for accuracy's sake.
>>
>>152066054
>It's not explicitly about racism so much as any societal divide
It's not about classism or racism because higher classes and different races don't have a hunter/prey relationship like a hound dog and a fox do. Or like literal predator/prey animals do in zootopia. Neither make a perfect parallel, but Fox and the Hound didn't try to make one, it just told a simple tale about the tragedy of hating/hurting others on the basis of them being different, or because you're told that you should.
>>
>>152062240
Oscar nominations are announced in two weeks.
>>
can anime movies get in as best foreign film or are they stuck in best animation? I think I remember reading about some american animators complaining that the animation category only existed to feed disney oscars.
>>
>>152062240
Frankly, it would be better if it didn't. And I say this as someone who loved the movie
>>
>>152065736
Getting rustled for some awards?
What a whiny bitch

Go waste time on elsewhere, instead of getting salty because Disney won yet again on the category that no member gives a shit about
>>
>>152066368
I think it be cool if it gets nominated from a normie award, if not, its still ok.
>>
Not to start shit but did Madoka Rebellion get nominated? I vaguely remember it being considered for the Oscars as well, which makes absolutely no sense
>>
>>152066839
You can submit anything if it runs in an LA theater. That generates hundreds of submissions. Only five or so get nominated.
>>
>>152062240
Not Disney enough.
>>
>>152062678
at least the ones who have a dismissive attitude toward animation either directly or through not bothering to watch them all the nominees have the decency to abstain
>>
>>152065791
>being a retard and nearly killing your country and family is feel-good and inspiring
>dropping all your responsibilities to do exactly the same self-destructive shit you've been doing for years anyway is feel-good and inspiring
I will never understand the moralistic praise for Frozen.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.