[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you fuck up a second season this badly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

how do you fuck up a second season this badly?
>>
Like that
>>
>>152030933
with effort and passion
>>
>>152030933
The first and second half worked with one another to make the show amazing. You just have shit taste.
>>
>>152030933
When the director put too much believe in himself
>>
>>152031029
first season:
>funny
>fast paced
>fleshed out characters
>fleshed out enemies
>coherent plot

second season:
>boring as fuck politics, wannabe lotgh garbage
>half the episodes are filler
>shitty humor
>literally who characters
>enemies are voiceless minecraft characters for half the season
>doesnt pick up until ep24
>shit soundtrack
>le ebin boota saves the day and then turns into sonic the hedgehog
>>
>>152030933

The 4 last episodes redeem it.

But yeah, space cubes were not as interesting as Ganmen and the City/Prison setting weren't as interesting as escaping from the underground into a deserted outback with giant robots.
>>
>>152031293
xDDD
>>
>>152031301
>shit soundtrack
Kys
>>
>>152031301
I have never seen someone miss the point of a show this fucking hard.
>>
>>152031664
>kys

>>>/v/
>>
>>152031807
>wanting a satirical show about robot fighting to have a "point"

LMAO
>>
>>152031301
>boring as fuck politics, wannabe lotgh garbage
The whole point was that politics were boring for a crew who would much rather be fighting.
>half the episodes are filler
Which? You can argue Yoko's was but it gave her additional motivation and showed what she did until the point at which she rescued Simon.
>shitty humor
Examples?
>literally who characters
No
>enemies are voiceless minecraft characters for half the season
Kill yourself
>doesnt pick up until ep24
I'll give you this one
>shit soundtrack
No
>le ebin boota saves the day and then turns into sonic the hedgehog
That was in the first half's OP.

>>152031029
This, they complement each other. Either you're a shitstirring retard or just a retard.
>>
>mecha
Theres your answer
>>
File: 1450930262952.jpg (47KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450930262952.jpg
47KB, 333x500px
>the entire population of Earth wanted Simon's head for bringing them to the surface to the point they were rioting in the streets
>they were totally fine with Rossiu leaving them for dead and say nothing of it

I know I'm not supposed to take this show seriously but that still annoyed the shit out of me.
>>
>>152032842
They didn't know they'd die
>>
>>152032894
He fucking left them to die when those floating extra-dimensional things were destroying the city. That's way worse than being brought to the surface without even realizing they were going to die.
>>
>>152030933
Except the show only got good once Kamina died.
>>
>>152032907
>left them to die
In the eyes of the population he simply teamed up with Simon again after digging a giant mega spaceship and went into orbit to kick the anti-spiral's ass
No wonder he's a hero to them
>>
>>152030933
You gave me quite a scare there, OP. I thought that they greenlit Gurren Lagann season 2.
>>
>>152031301
First half wasn't particularly funny.
Episodes 4-7 could be considered filler if they didn't introduce some characters.
Plot is pretty basic.

Politics in part 2 aren't as bad as everyone pretends. Russiu was a great character, considering how he grew up, even if he's unlikable.
The "filler" is setup. Sure it's not as good but it serves it purpose and expands on the setting and characters more than episodes 4-7 did.
The literally who's were also literally who's in the first half.
The fact that the Anti-Spirals only appear later makes them way more interesting. They did the same thing with Lord Genom, sending the boring 4 Aminoacids first.
It picks up when they go to destroy the moon.
That soundtrack part is fucking stupid.
>>
The only thing good about the second movie was the final fight. The series was better in every other sense.
>>
>>152030933
How many times are you going to make this fucking thread? No one cares about your inability to grasp the point of the series.
>>
>>152030933
Gurren Lagann had a second season? Where the fuck was I when this happened?!
>>
File: ZzaZ_S-LDpM.jpg (149KB, 710x960px) Image search: [Google]
ZzaZ_S-LDpM.jpg
149KB, 710x960px
>>152030933
Fok u. This whole show is so inspiring that i passed nearly all my exams on A mark. and got sacked out of university soon later because my motivation burned up
>>
>>152030933
>season
>>
ITT: more people that completely missed the point

you people are the reason why TTGL is considered normie garbage
>>
>>152034441
The climax is a defining moment for the series
And the anti-spiral deciding that space exploration is what triggers the extinction makes more sense
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.