[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to watch Dragon Ball for the first time, should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

I'm about to watch Dragon Ball for the first time, should I watch the dub or the sub? And when I get to Z should I watch Kai or the original?
>>
watch the manga
>>
read the anime
>>
>>151972848
original Z

kai is no fun and has stupid music.
>>
The dub for the original Dragon Ball series is tolerable but I don't think the script is entirely faithful to the Japanese dialogue. If you've never seen it before, it may be better to go with sub just so you won't have the altered script.

Between DBZ and Kai, both are essentially the same show with Kai having filler sequences which the original was plagued with. The original series is nearly 300 episodes while Kai cuts that in half. Some of the filler in the original is good though a lot of it either drags out the episodes or is completely pointless. If you do decide to watch dubbed, then you'll want to watch Kai.

Dragon Ball GT is not canon so watching that series is optional. You can go from Z/Kai to Super and not miss anything.
>>
Watch Kai. It is the remastered version of Z. New voice acting, new HD drawings, and new music.
>>
stick to Z dub

>better music
>better bulma voice
>much better kid gohan voice
the only issue is filler but some filler is great like the other world tournament.
>>
>>151974809
see
>>151975261

kai has major flaws despite what it does better.
>>
File: 123.jpg (243KB, 2339x946px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
243KB, 2339x946px
usually id say "read the manga," but DB is the exception as there has literally never been a good scanlation thanks to Viz jewery

You want to watch the Dragon Boxes with subtitles. You want the Japanese voices and OST, especially because the japanese voices are in use today via Super.

You can try the original Funimation dub, which covers all of Dragonball and also adds a different OST when you get to Z. Some people prefer it, I like them both.

But I would say japanese subbed is the way to go.

DO NOT WATCH KAI IT IS AWFUL. They used random digital coloring in random sections that looks fucking bad. It looks worse in every way, you can just skip the filler on your own with the original dragon boxes. Heres a comparison pic i made in 5 seconds with youtube videos.
>>
>>151974809
kai is fucking awful and has terrible digital redraws, get the fuck off /a/
>>
>>151975638
sub goku is awful and the dub OST is much much better. plus you dont want to tell someone to watch it sub when their is hundreds of episodes. thats just too much especially when the dub is great.
>>
>>151972848
Watch it in spanish subbed to english.
>>
>>151972848
Don't do the dub for the love of god. Just do a favor to yourself and watch the sub.
>>
>>151976283
What the hell does the number of episodes have to do with watching Funimation's terrible dub?
>>
>>151979073

I completely ignored DBS, because I'd rather watch when the dub finally debuts.
>>
>>151972848
Start from og Dragon Ball, not Z. Also sub
>>
>>151972848
DONT WATCH KAI
>>
>>151972848
watch
>db
>db movies
>dbz
>dbz movies
>dbgt
>dbs
>>
Kai is the best
>>
>>151972848
All these retards...
muh wapanese voice acting
muh music

Op watch DB subbed
When you get to Z watch Kai

Trust me it is a condensed more straightforward version of Z
No more stupid drawn out fights and idiotic unnecesary filler, it's the closest you can get to the manga.
>>
>>151972848
Watch it dubbed of course. Unless you wanna hear high pitched old lady voices coming out of male characters.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.