[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's garbage. In the middle I thought it finally managed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

It's garbage. In the middle I thought it finally managed to stabilize but then it turned to shit again at incredible speed.
I've never in my life seen an anime with more terrible plot devices than this one.
It's like they took Death Note as base, Got their intern to do the pacing and a 15 year old in his rebellious edgy phase to do the writing.
Seriously, the writing was about as subtle and nuanced as a sledgehammer and the pacing during the climax fell back to the lightning speed of the first two episodes.
They managed to do multiple scenes so edgy, even Elfen Lied would be proud.
I can't for the love of god grasp how anyone could praise or let alone enjoy this mess.
Zero fucking redeeming qualities.
>>
>>151962788
>It's garbage. In the middle I thought it finally managed to stabilize but then it turned to shit again at incredible speed.
>I've never in my life seen an anime with more terrible plot devices than this one.
>It's like they took Death Note as base, Got their intern to do the pacing and a 15 year old in his rebellious edgy phase to do the writing.
>Seriously, the writing was about as subtle and nuanced as a sledgehammer and the pacing during the climax fell back to the lightning speed of the first two episodes.
>They managed to do multiple scenes so edgy, even Elfen Lied would be proud.
>I can't for the love of god grasp how anyone could praise or let alone enjoy this mess.
>Zero fucking redeeming qualities.
We are enjoying it ironically and like CC but so it is okay.
>>
>>151962788
>I can't for the love of god grasp how anyone could praise or let alone enjoy this mess.
That is because you have shit taste :)
>>
>>151962788
Newfag.
>>
>>151962788
Yeah, a lot of people who enjoy it have shit taste, so what?
>>
>>151963482
Enlighten me. Tell me what's good about this piece of shit aside from being an over the top meme.
>>151963569
well done sherlock
>>151963585
It has incredibly high ratings and I wonder why.
>>
>>151962788
>I've never in my life seen an anime with more terrible plot devices than this one.
Watch Jojo, One Punch Man, Mahouka, Erased, Dragon Ball Super, etc.

>It's like they took Death Note as base
Doesn't really have anything in common with DN other than the same archetype that's been in fiction for centuries.
>Seriously, the writing was about as subtle and nuanced as a sledgehammer
Who said it wanted to be subtle? Your beloved Death Note isn't either.

>and the pacing during the climax fell back to the lightning speed of the first two episodes.
Actually, those three episodes had good pacing.

>They managed to do multiple scenes so edgy, even Elfen Lied would be proud.
Is this your first anime?

>Zero fucking redeeming qualities.
Simple. Because you're wrong and we are not as retarded as you.
>>
>>151962788
not an argument
>>
Totally agree, can't stand the 2nd season, first season was okay but holy fuck is the girl with the glasses annoying
>>
>>151962788
Show was always the same. No need to stabilized what's already stable.
>>
Like most anime, it was made for children and teenagers.
>>
>>151963707
>Watch Jojo, One Punch Man, Mahouka, Erased, Dragon Ball Super, etc.
All of these have some terrible plot devices or in the case of DBS are just 100% terrible, but all of them added together don't compare to the number Code Geass did.
>Who said it wanted to be subtle? Your beloved Death Note isn't either.
I didn't like death note. Subtlety would have helped code geass a lot.
>Actually, those three episodes had good pacing.
Throwing shit at a wall as fast as possible is not good pacing. Introducing a new character within the last three episodes (who was just another terrible plot device) is not good pacing.
>Simple. Because you're wrong and we are not as retarded as you.
Even even most people in this thread right here agree.
>>
>>151962788
>wants a mecha soap opera to be subtle and nuanced

UNIVERSE
>>
>>151962788
Why do they always add flying to everything? It ruins everything
>>
>>151963929
>All of these have some terrible plot devices or in the case of DBS are just 100% terrible, but all of them added together don't compare to the number Code Geass did.
But they do.
>I didn't like death note. Subtlety would have helped code geass a lot.
Don't think so. It was going for over-the-topness. Take that away and it'd just be a dry Gundam.
>Throwing shit at a wall as fast as possible is not good pacing.
There are other episodes with bad pacing but neither of those count.

>Introducing a new character within the last three episodes (who was just another terrible plot device) is not good pacing.
Who do you mean?

>Even even most people in this thread right here agree.
Ya think?
>>
>>151962788
>It's like they took Death Note as base, Got their intern to do the pacing and a 15 year old in his rebellious edgy phase to do the writing

You do realize that's exactly why it got so popular right?
>>
>>151964088
Nah, it got popular even among people who didn't care for Death Note or were not edgy. It's not that edgy most of the time.
>>
>>151963939
>mecha soap opera
more like mecha train wreck
>>151964038
>But they do.
code geass managed to do multiple in single episodes sometimes.
>Don't think so. It was going for over-the-topness. Take that away and it'd just be a dry Gundam.
I think that would have been more bearable but fair enough
>Who do you mean?
the little witch girl, V V or something
>Ya think?
I read
>>151964088
that's what I fear
>>
>>151963870
>a show made for underage and edgy idiots is full of dumb shit

People like to complain about the wring things.
>>
>>151964160
Subtlety and nuance have never been part of the mecha genre. Dr. Hell is not a subtle villain, for heaven's sake, and Tomino's works are full of sledgehammers being thrown around, so much that he got his Kill 'Em All nickname.
>>
>>151962788
>Death Note
>Elfen Lied
Watch more anime.
>>
OP, stop being such a troll.
>>
>>151964160
VV is a guy. He was also a device character.
>>
>people actually defending code shitass

You now realize that Code Geass was no better than Guilty Crown.
>>
>>151964256
Mobile Suit Gundam had subtlety.
Zeta as well even though it was kind of a headless chicken in the last third.
>>
Code Geass is a pretty good anime. Always will be.
>>
>>151964368
One big difference, CG has Lelouch, who makes up for 90% of the appeal of the show. GC has shoe.
>>
>>151964160
If you literally added up all the plot devices in those shows, you'd easily get more than those in code geass even with just all of jojo
>>
>>151964368
Funny, someone just told me that guilty crown managed to be somehow even worse.
>>
>>151964368
Code Geass is in fact a lot better than Guilty Crown. That's not under dispute.
>>
>>151964485
It is. I like Code Geass and think you're either trolling or just shitposting, thus not worth arguing with, but my feelings about Guilty Crown are closer to yours. So you'd probably hate that even more.
>>
>>151962788
It was entertaining turn your brain off OP
>>
>>151964516
Because Lelouch.
>>
>>151964558
It's okay to like shit desu
>>
>>151962788
People tend to like melodramatic and theatrical shows so the unsubtle parts are a positive rather than a negative.

Lelouch was a charismatic character with a lot more humanity and personal flaws than Light Yagami rather than being just another cold-hearted young genius. That's also why the dynamics between him and Suzaku were interesting. The only time he was edgy in S1 was when he killed a friend's dad.
>>
>>151964485
In terms of retardedness:
Guilty Crown >>> Valvrave >>>>>>>>> Code Geass
>>
>>151964593
Given this was literally a show about him, from top to bottom, that's a saying a lot.
>>
>>151964673
Well I didn't say that Lelouch was edgy, not even when the dad died since he didn't want that, the dad was just a war casualty.
>>
>>151964397
>Mobile Suit Gundam had subtlety.
Name-dropping Hitler isn't subtle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlJ5j-hSUmQ

>Zeta as well
They could have fooled me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_StZDxiUIWE
>>
>>151964817
>One scene wasn't subtle therefore nothing was
good call Einstein

And yeah the overall character motivations in Zeta were all over the place and sometimes changed for seemingly no reason.
Nonetheless did they have good writing most of the time and especially Char was multi faceted and interesting, although he lacked a proper ending in zeta.
>>
>>151964961

There's more where that came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8zUqP8yu4
>>
>>151964160
V.V. is a guy and he wasn't a 'new' character at that time. C.C. has been talking to him throughout the series.
>>
>>151965870
that makes it even more retarded desu
if C C knew about him she either completely failed to see him as threat or it was a whole new layer of retarded plot twists
>>
>>151966521
>if C C knew about him she either completely failed to see him as threat
Yes, she openly admits this. Did you even pay attention to the fucking show?
>>
>>151966598
I spent the last episodes with heavy drinking because I couldn't get myself to finish it otherwise
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.