[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Digimon Adventure 02 get so much hate? I mean sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 02.png (627KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
627KB, 640x480px
Why does Digimon Adventure 02 get so much hate?

I mean sure the epilogue was retarded and made no sense whatsoever, but the entire rest of the series was fine.
>>
I just liked the world tour arc
>>
>>151944309
Butthurt shippers
The AMERICAN dub is especially shitty, and most US fans only saw the dub
>>
>>151944309
I didn't like the world tour. It made the digidestined less special.
And it was stupid to bring in Myotismon as the final boss again.
If you actually pay more attention, which I didn't do, you can also see many dropped plots and plotholes, golden digieggs, and poor characters. That's also something people dislike.

It's okay to watch from episode to episode if you, like me, just watch it and forget the plot, but even then it ruins everything from the world tour arc and until the end.
>>
Pissy taiora fans
>>
>>151944309
Cucking apparently.
>>
>>151944309
new cast are lame besides ken

old cast is around enough that they aren't just cameos but not enough that they actually do anything really, probably the worst way to do a cast change up like this

loses out on the "seriousness" that made the first show such a hit because for 90% of the series they can just leave the digital world and there's no actual threat to them personally

there's also no interesting villians after ken becomes a good guy like 1/3rd through the series

>>151944956
>europoor pretending their dub is any better when it's just the japanese but worse

at least the US dub has things that make it distinct (even if those are usually pretty bad changes), all your shitty europoor dubs do is take the original jp and add your retarded language nobody else cares to use
>>
>>151944309
Japanese insert song is the only thing that save 02 unfortunately most US fan never heard them.
>>
>>151944956
The american dubs were shitty up until Savers/Data Squad, from what I saw.

Saban was hellbent on turning the series into a cheesy saturday morning cartoon.
>>
>>151944309
Everything after Digimon Adventure 01 is shit
>>
>>151945279
>they never did anything with Cthulhumon in the Dark Ocean
>>
>>151944309

It didn't confirmed Hikari x Takeru at the end because they didn't wanna offend the autistic little kids who liked Daisuke.

/thread
>>
>>151947623
>at least the US dub has things that make it distinct (even if those are usually pretty bad changes), all your shitty europoor dubs do is take the original jp and add your retarded language nobody else cares to use

The French dub is based on the English dubs and both are garbages.
>>
Are you fuckers serious? Shipping is the least of this pile of shits problems.
>>
>>151948047
yep

the French dub is just as shitty as the English

Kind of obnoxious that literally every other dub got all the original music, no scene cuts, no dumb edits, but English/French are stuck with shitty 4Kids/Saban garbage
>>
>>151947937
Go back to bed grandpa.
>>
The entire show falls apart after the Digimon Kaiser arc ends.

It's like they didn't know what to do after Ken was beaten and had his backstory shown.
>>
>>151944309
Let's see, it pretty much ignored Taichi's group including Takeru and Hikari dispite them being in the main cast of 02 in favor of 3 shitty new characters. No one outside of Ken got any character development. Adventure cast Digimon got nerffed hard. Imperialdramon is shit. The World tour arc was poorly handled. The introduction of more kids with Digimon could have been handled better. Dropped plot points, and Kakudoh forcing his OTP and not wanting Daisuke to develop into an actual character instead of a catalyst for Ken's. 02 was an atrocity and should not exist. I'm glad Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori are MIA in Tri because they are piss poor excuses for characters.
>>
Takeru was the cutest.

You can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>151944309
02 just had a huge act to follow, mainly. Adventure was so solid all the way through, it tried to be similar but not.

The Kaiser arc was incredible but afterwards, it lost its vision entirely.
>>
Is Hurricane Touchdown worth a watch? I only saw the fragment that was in the dub movie
>>
>>151944309
It created a lot of interesting plot points but never followed up on them. Daemon shows up for no reason and the Sovereign digimon get mentioned but never do anything.
>>
File: 39993549_p0.png (1MB, 1000x726px) Image search: [Google]
39993549_p0.png
1MB, 1000x726px
>>151948695
It was but it was never going to happened.

I shipped their mons more.

>>151948919
No. Nothing 02 related is worth watching. If your just curious to see how terrible 02 and it's movies save for Diaboromon Strikes Back which in itself still bad but better than the previous then go ahead take a look. It is non-canon but Holydramon is Hikari's Tailmon final form not Ophanimon like the PSP game has.
>>
>>151948919
It's fun. Also it was adapted so poorly in the dub movie that it's worth a watch just to erase the dub from your mind.
>>
Have you accepted Karen Eri-sama into your heart yet?
>>
>>151948647
>and Kakudoh forcing his OTP
what was that?
>>
File: TakuyaSpiritEvolve.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TakuyaSpiritEvolve.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>151948695
Nah best digidestined was
>>
>>151949974
Implying anyone continued to watch digimon after Savers.
>>
>>151949974
Yes, even the anime knows she is the only thing that keeps the show float.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afb12Cqwyfk
>>
>>151950538
Kouji was better than him.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.