[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can anyone say this Ginger Shit isn't a self insert?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

How can anyone say this Ginger Shit isn't a self insert?
>>
>>151920316

What's there to self-insert about Shirou? Shirou doesn't behave anything like an /a/non. He's focused, hardworking, highly moral and literally dedicated to an ideal.

He's the kind of guy who goes overseas to war-torn areas to be a resistance fighter. More, Shirou doesn't actually enjoy any of this: He's racked with the equivalent of Catholic guilt for the original sin of being alive.

Exactly what about Shirou's life is so enviable?
>>
>>151921148
>Waifus
>Over Powered
>Extra Over Powered Future Self with a cool edgy design
>Dad was a former MC
>Alterante Version of himself based off a famous Japanese Person
>Gets to Fuck Saber Alter
>>
>>151921265
>>Over Powered
He is not
>>Extra Over Powered Future Self with a cool edgy design
Archer is below average in term of power
>>Dad was a former MC
That was not the case when F/SN was released
>>Alterante Version of himself based off a famous Japanese Person
What ?
>>Gets to Fuck Saber Alter
So you are just shitposting
>>
>>151921265

The problem is that it all sucks.

It all sucks, forever. No-one wants to be Archer, not even Archer. Does Archer take any pleasure in his eternal, doomed crusade? No, he goes "Wow, this is fucking shit. This is so bad, I wish I could literally stop existing and I don't care if I take the world with me."

I mean, being able to fuck the heroine is a decent compensation, but he doesn't get to stay with Saber in her route. In Unlimited Blade Works, he's eventually doomed. In Heaven's Feel, his nipples are put through the wringer.

Basically, nothing comes easily to Shirou or even enjoyably. Contrast someone like Kirito, who doesn't have to exert much effort or make notable amounts of sacrifice for what he gets.
>>
>>151920316
Because if he was my self insert, he wouldn't be a ginger.
>>
>>151920316
Are you retarded? Who wants to go experience the pain and suffering if shiro?
I don't get how anyone would be envious when he suffered both mentally and physically to the point that having alternate timelines doesnt save him from anything tbqh.
>>
File: A sword and its wife.jpg (2MB, 1780x2311px) Image search: [Google]
A sword and its wife.jpg
2MB, 1780x2311px
>>151921421
>In Unlimited Blade Works, he's eventually doomed.
I'm really glad Nasu finally decided Shirou and Rin get a happy ending too.
>>
I'd rather self-insert as Rin. You'd get a whole harem to call your own of pretty girls and a few nice guys.
>>
>>151920316
Far too much of an autist.

If you try to play him as (You) and step outside of Emiya Shirou's clearly defined character and plot arcs, chances are, you're going to fuck up and land right in the Tiger Dojo.
>>
>>151923061
>>151921148
>>151921421
>muh no one wants to be a superhero who fucks hot women while being amazing
>muh autists and has personality
NASU HIMSELF SAID the character is a fucking insert.
>>
>>151921265
>>Dad was a former MC

If anything, it's Kiritsugu who's trading on the link of being Shirou's dad, not the other way around. Half of the time spent in Rin's lessons at the beginning of Fate is her slowly realizing he got absolutely jack shit from him.
>>
>>151921421
>I mean, being able to fuck the heroine is a decent compensation, but he doesn't get to stay with Saber in her route. In Unlimited Blade Works, he's eventually doomed. In Heaven's Feel, his nipples are put through the wringer.

Meh.

In Fate he gets to spend an eternity with his waifu after he fulfills his dream.

In UBW he gets a waifu that will be an equal to him and will help him out on his dream while also doing hers. Its noted that he is not doomed here.

In HF he gets revived with the third magic, and gets the most peaceful life he could ever get as a contrast to the other two routes. For once he is actually is doing WHAT HE WANTS, and gets a waifu with a fantastic body who is eternally loyal to his D.

Doesn't matter how you spin it he gets a good end in all. I don't agree he is a self insert though.
>>
File: Shirou archer 2.jpg (35KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Shirou archer 2.jpg
35KB, 500x281px
>>151920316

He is a deconstruction of the shounen MC archetype. Just like Gon from HXH they are autist and broken as a person but at the outisde they are just normal goody-good shoe protagonist.
>>
>>151923795
>hating your entire existence is ok because you get to fuck a girl as compensation
>>
>>151924440
>deconstruction
Post disregarded.
>>
>>151921510
>Are you retarded? Who wants to go experience the pain and suffering if shiro?
How would that stop anyone from self-inserting? Protagonists tend to go through pain and suffering. It's part of the experience for a chuuni work like Fate anyway.
>>
>>151924440
Fate is truly one of the best Japanese written literature.
>>
>>151923795
Of course, he's the protagonist of a chuuni eroge told from the first-person perspective. TMfags are just being pretentious about shit in the same category as SAO.
>H-he suffers!
So does Subaru from Re:Zero and people point out that shit for what it is.
>>
>>151921265
Wanna add mire buzzwords, son?
>>
>>151925494
>buzzwords
>>
>>151925413
It's way too late and i need to sleep so i won't give you a proper answer but i wanted to give you a (you) because this post actually made me madder than anything i've read on /a/ for the past month
>>
>>151925413
A good anime?
>>
>>151920316
His personality and ideals are far too distinct. And Shirou believes so strongly in his personal ideals, regardless of what the reader may or may not think, that once you call Shirou a self-insert any character slightly less zealous than him becomes one as well.

>>151921265
Even if you actually wanted to live Shirou's life that's not what a self-insert is. No, much like "Mary Sue", it's not, "a character I don't like," either.
>>
>>151923795
Well, do I have to listen to everything he says?

I play the game the way I want.
>>
File: I love swords so much.jpg (904KB, 1812x1308px) Image search: [Google]
I love swords so much.jpg
904KB, 1812x1308px
>>151920316
He has his own traumas, ideals, and habits, which all push him in a direction distinctly unique to his character. I suppose you could still self-insert as him, but the same could be said of literally any other character, and at that point I'd be questioning your definition of a self insert character. Another anon used the example of Kirito as a self insert character, which works because he has basically no personality making it easy to project your own personality onto him, you can't really do that with Shirou, unless you happen to have intense survivor's guilt causing you to constantly act selflessly to your own detriment.
>>
>>151927975
People are stupid. What most people are doing is not self inserting but admiring Shirou and wanting to be him. Self inserts are characters with no character at all.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.