[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soup /a/, newfag here Just finished end of evangelion. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: skelebbq.jpg (50KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
skelebbq.jpg
50KB, 500x449px
Soup /a/, newfag here
Just finished end of evangelion. I don't understand why shinji was choking asuka at the end. Can someone explain? Thanks
>>
Because the bitch deserved it.
>>
>>151919707
Only '90 kids will know where this pic is from.
>>
>>151919930
I googled it, never even knew that had a tv show even though I had read several of the books
>>
>>151919707
>that image

Holy fuck I'm getting nostalgia flashbacks.
Never noticed how the burgers were burnt, either.
>>
Nobody knows.
>>
>>151919707
lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
Was I the only one that thought the movie was about a sexually frustrated kid ruining it for everyone?
>>
>>151922219
Anon, Gendo isn't a kid.
>>
>>151920645
How can a skeleton know what the burgers are done if they have no nose
>>
>>151922279
/a/ is a place full of manchildren, so anime characters that are physically adults but mentally still kids isn't implausible.
>>
>>151919707
This is from goosebumps right? I was such a pussy when I was a kid. I remember the cover scared the shit out of me
>>
>>151924472
Same. I used to get spooked by them but looking back they are quite funny.
>>
>>151919930
It was one of those bird books by ML Stone, right?
>>
Hey guys can we stop talking about the image and just focus on the question? Thanks
>>
>>151919707
Are the burgers made out of their own former flesh?
>>
File: asuka134.jpg (28KB, 531x300px) Image search: [Google]
asuka134.jpg
28KB, 531x300px
>>151927837
you fucking autists make me sick. not every fucking thing has to be fully explained. that literally goes against what art is supposed to represent. you are the kind of people that will look at a picasso and think "that looks nothing like a person, fuck this shit this dont make sense".

what's more important is that the emotions, themes, etc. is expressed through visual medium (in this instance). in that regard, even though i have no idea what is ACTUALLY happening within the fictional canon, i do "get it".

and to me the scene, the red ocean, the dark sky, represent the bleakness of reality which shinji has come to terms with. when he sees asuka he basically loses it. all the real world pain and suffering he went through comes back all at once and he looks for a "release" (echoing the FIRST scene of the movie where he is looking for some kind of "release").

when asuka touches his face, he realizes in this bleak real world that there still is hope for happiness. he starts to cry and asuka says her famous last words. in another callback to the first scene, you could say this is her "response" to it. it also encapsulates the feeling of rejection shinji and subsequently anno feel. those final words tell us that even though shinji might find moments of happiness (represented by asukas touch), he still has to deal with the pain, guilt and shame that he creates and that others place on him.

this is my interpretation of the last scene. i didnt need to spam a board or watch some kids "analysis" on youtube to "get it".

it is a powerful movie.
>>
>>151919707
How do they have hair if they're meant to be skeletons? Would it not fall out or decompose?
>>
>>151927837
She spoiled the twist ending of The Girl Who Cried Monster.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.