[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished 0079, zeta and ZZ. I enjoyed them a lot, can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: Mobile.Suit.Gundam.full.426065.jpg (1MB, 3143x4073px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile.Suit.Gundam.full.426065.jpg
1MB, 3143x4073px
I just finished 0079, zeta and ZZ.
I enjoyed them a lot, can we talk about it for a bit?
>>
>>151916887
You'll have better luck on /m/

I watched some of Zeta yesterday, and I think Kamile very well may be autistic, if not retarded. When he shoots at Jerid and kills Mouar and Jerid goes crazy, Kamille asks "why's he so angry?"
>>
File: 1479522940788.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479522940788.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>151917102
Yeah of all of them I have to say enjoyed Zeta the least of the 3 shows, by the end of the show almost all of the characters were really wearing thin on me, the only characters I liked were the characters that returned from 009 except for Katz.

>I think Kamile very well may be autistic, if not retarded.
Wel he did say so in the first few episodes.
>>
Now watch CCA.
>>
>>151917613
I already did, I forgot to mention that, I thought it probably would have worked better as an OVA or series to show how we got to that point, because Char was a pretty cool mentor as Quattro so I was kinda suprised that he dropped a giant asteroid on earth, despite the fact he criticized the titans for doing the same kind of shit.
Also I am kinda salty that they killed off Astonaige like that.
>>
>>151916887
Zeta was the best, kamiru is the best pilot. the end sucks
>>
>>151917803
Well, now you get to watch 0083 and F91, so have fun.
>>
>>151916887
I loved ZZ's first half.
>>
>>151917812
>the end sucks
No kidding the characters were dropping like flies for no reason at all.
Katz crashed into a rock, because he was too busy being a smug little shit to watch where he was flying.
Henken pretty much sacrificed and his crew to protect Emma, but then Emma dies anyway because she got outside of her MS for no reason at all just to get hit by some space debris and then die.
Then kamille channels the power of his dead friends with newtype magic somehow and kills scirocco, but then Scirocco uses his newtype magic to make Kamille literally retarded.
long story short it felt like they were just killing off characters for the sake of killing them off.
>>151917913
I thought it was okay I liked marshmellow, but I really couldn't stand Beecha and Mondo at the begining, I also didn't like what they did with Yazan, but all in all I thought it was kinda meh untill after moonmoon where everyone was kinda starting to get their shit together.
I liked the second half of ZZ better than Zeta with some exceptions like Puru 90% of the time.
>>
>>151918151
>Henken pretty much sacrificed and his crew to protect Emma
To go into this for a bit, I know the crew was in on it too and even said it was okay to Henken, but I thought that the fact that they sacrificed themselves to protect Emma who then proceeds to die anyway by being dumb cheapend their deaths and sacrifice.
>>
>>151917880
I can't wait I did hear that the characters in stardust memory were kinda shit, but I'll see for myself.
>>
Watched 0079 and Zeta for the first time recently; haven't seen ZZ.

Liked 0079 the most; it feels like an actual war story / adventure.
>>
>>151917803
>I already did, I forgot to mention that, I thought it probably would have worked better as an OVA or series to show how we got to that point
One of the Gundam games has a small mini-video that shows the progression from Zeta to CCA Char.
>>
>>151918947
I liked it the most too, especially post Jaburo.
If I had to rank the series it would be
Post jaburo 079> post moonmoon ZZ>pre Jaburo 0079>Zeta> pre moonmoon ZZ.

>>151919142
Small is that video and is it considered canon since Char turning point seems like a huge development?
>>
>>151919200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMz7YHPIiI
>>
I grew to love 079 over time, but on the flip side slowly felt more critical to zeta over time. ZZ and CCA was always garbage with occasional glimmers of hope buried in abysmal execution.
>>
Is it normal to find Zeta boring after watching 0079 or am I just stupid?
>>
>>151919264
So what turned him was Kamille's fate during the end of zeta?
That is actually kinda sweet/touching(?), too bad kamille would have never wanted this, but I am sure that Kamille wasn't the only reason for his turn.

>>151919397
Nah I had the exact same thing, you might like ZZ better just like me and lots of other people who didn't like Zeta.
I heard that there is this thing that if you like Zeta you will dislike ZZ and if you dislike Zeta you will like ZZ.
>>
>>151919397
I thought the last twenty or so episodes of 0079 were 10/10 perfect and I dropped Zeta ten episodes in
>>
File: roux.jpg (33KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
roux.jpg
33KB, 225x350px
The best thing about ZZ is Jewdough punching Wong in his fucking chink face and pic related.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-02-04h15m32s940.png (755KB, 960x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-02-04h15m32s940.png
755KB, 960x738px
>>151919739
>Jewdough punching Wong in his fucking chink face
Eventhough I liked 0079 better than ZZ, I think Judau was my favorite protagonist during the series, he had a lot of spunk and felt less sulky than the others.
Though I think zeta/CCA Amuro were a great follow up to his 0079 character.
>>
so did char and amuro really send into black hole following their fight?
>>
>>151919946
I love Judau too. Unfortunately, teenagers with parental issues is a Gundam staple.
>>
>>151920086
I really like him too, I am kinda dissapointed to hear that we don't really see him anywhere outside ZZ and that there aren't more MC's like him.
>>
zeta has kamille.
zz is disliked even by mal.

turn A thread when?
>>
>>151920369
When I get there, during my gundam watch through.
I am actually kinda hyped since I have heard lots good stuff about it.
>>
Fuck you guys ZZ was fun, why do you hate fun? Also I'm in the same boat OP, though I'm currently going through the Unicorn OVAS which I recommend they're very very good.
>>
>>151920518
I am going through the entire franchise in release order, so I will get there eventually, but I was thinking of watching Unicorn earlier since it is a sequel to the 3 early UC main series and CCA.
>>
>>151920641
I watched it in the same order but haven't seen the side stuff yet, I'll do that after Unicorn. I really want to start seed just to see why everyone hates it so much but I honestly won't judge if its not my own opinion.
>>
>>151920759
Oh I am watching everything in release order including the OVA's I just finished up war in the pocket today and I just started stardust memory and the animation in stardust looks great from what I saw.
War in the pocket was a nice self contained story, but in the grand scheme of things didn't really matter.
>>
File: bergur.gif (141KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
bergur.gif
141KB, 500x400px
>>151916887
i watched the first movie month ago . can any one explain to me why can't this dude ride the gundam? and where were they heading to ? why did they go to earth in the first place? should i watch the original series instead of the movies?
>>
>>151921172
He is basically the guy who leads the people if he dies who is going to lead the whitebase, also Amuro has experience with the suit and he has his newtype hacks.
I haven't watched the movies so I can't comment on them, but I would recommend watching the show since I think it still holds up pretty well and I heard that they cut out some really good episodes.
>>
>>151921172
>Why can't this dude ride the gundam?
He's the ship captain.
>and where were they heading to ?
As far from side 7 (and the Zeons) as possible
Why did they go to earth in the first place?
Because that's where the Earth Federation HQ is located, and they wanted to deliver the Gundam.

>Should i watch the original series instead of the movies?
Yes. The series is fantastic.
>>
I enjoyed 79 way better than zeta for some reason
Kamille never really felt as a protag for me.
>>
>>151919649
Kamille was supposed to be in CA but he was replaced with Gyunei.
>>
>>151921479
>Kamille was supposed to be in CA but he was replaced with Gyunei.
Is there a source on that since, Kamille doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be cool with dropping asteroids on earth especially after ZZ where he witnessed a colony drop and it's terrible destruction first hand.
>>
I think Zeta is where Gundam as a whole starts going wrong. 0079 is a war tale depicting soldiers. Zeta is a slapfight over philosophy between a bunch of immature dudes using giant robots. The focus on newtypes exacerbates the problem (and I'm not saying that you can't have a war tale with superpowers).
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.