[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimi no na wa / Your Name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: yourname.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yourname.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
What made this movie so popular worldwide? Cinemas around me are showing it but I only discovered it here in 4chan. What gives?
Is it a bold move to release this worldwide or was it already 'tested' in other countries?

Is it still showing in your area? What's your opinion on it?

I liked it, by the way. That crater scene broke my heart. I.. I didn't cry though.
>>
everyone secretly has a fetish of swapping bodies with someone of the opposite sex
>>
>this thread again
Stop trying to turn people against this movie before a good quality version is even out yet, Nagi
>>
>>151892479
>Stop trying to turn people against this movie
I am not, though.
>>
>>151892383
Because it's popular in Japan and touted as the next Miyazaki. The rest of the world, being curious, jumped ship.Even my normalfag friends who don't watch anime saw it.
>>
>>151892456
Well, Taki!Mitsuha is a cute tomboy.
>>
>>151894219

I wonder if all the cute tomboys I like are actually bodyswapped boys.
>>
Daily reminder that Shinkai doesn't want you to watch his movie.
>>
>>151894332
Is Shinkai a pretentious faggot? Why would he say that?
>>
>>151894219
>vlcsnap
where is this clip from? trailer? mv?
>>
>>151894843
The trailer, probably
>>
>>151894562

No one, not Shinkai, not anyone on the production team, nor anyone at Toho (the distributor) had any idea that Kimi no Na wa would be such a massive hit. The poor guy is almost certainly freaking out at the expectations that people have of him now.
>>
>>151895340
So back to OP's question. What made it a worldwide hit? Surely they can't just release it worldwide without any plans.
>>
>>151892383
>Is it a bold move to release this worldwide or was it already 'tested' in other countries?
It was "tested" in Singapore, Australia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, China, and Korea. I'd say that's enough.
>>
>>151895425
>more than half of the asian viewers
i'm not sure i would call that a 'test'
>>
>>151895410
>What made it a worldwide hit?
Anime news websites kept reporting on how it was a smash hit in Japan, weebs flock to it and spread it by word of mouth.

In the UK a well respected film critic affiliated with the BBC really liked it and started shilling it on his radio show and on the Internet, the BBC culture department kept reporting on it every time it broke some new milestone, and they put it on their Top 10 films of 2016 list.

In Southeast Asia it spread mostly by word of mouth on social media and the like, and the Southeast Asians especially those with high Chinese population like Singapore have long been pretty weeb.
>>
File: 6xzXcgsWZv6IBmiVsLP_lw_r.jpg (108KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
6xzXcgsWZv6IBmiVsLP_lw_r.jpg
108KB, 750x537px
>#1 in the Japanese box office for 12 weeks, 11 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Now beyond 20 billion yen (US$288 million).
>Nominated for an Oscar
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>On the cusp of going beyond the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million)

So this is meme magic. Not bad.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 618x195px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 618x195px
>>
>It's a gender swap movie

I don't mean to get weird on you guys, but I'm suspicious as fuck about this movie being promoted for the same reasons a video game called Gone Home was promoted.
>>
I'm living in Japan right now.
This FUCKING movie is still in theaters.
After nearly five FUCKING months.
>>
>>151896425
The difference is this one is Japanese and features straight romance.
>>
>>151892383
>>151895410
Because it had a 'safe' plot and features themes that appeal to a mainstream audience. Also, people marketing it as the next Miyazaki. It's 'different' enough in that it's anime so it seem somewhat exotic, but the core concepts are still random standard. The visuals are indeed great too. While I personally thought it was just decent (like a 7.5/10 at most, and there are certainly better anime movies out there), I can also certainly see that it hit all the right spots to garnering high popularity. Basically, it took a rather normal thing but packaged it differently (the visuals) and gave the audience a somewhat different experience.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.