[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, would you have made the sacrifice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12

Be honest, would you have made the sacrifice?
>>
>>151885472
Would have been killed long ago in my first battle

But yea I totally would have
>>
>>151885472
If i was as fucked as he, i think i would.

But before he puts himself in that deplorable state, i think i would give up the idea of the sacrifice.
>>
>>151885472
Anyone would if they were tortured like he was.
>>
>>151885472
No, but I would try to ask guts for a mercy kill.
>>
>>151885472
I would at least think about what the fuck I'm sacrificing. My maybe is close to a yes.
>>
>>151885472
I would've done it just for a normal body after all that torture, getting to become a God would just make me not question it.
>>
>>151885472
I would never have gotten into that situation in the first place. I have zero ambition so I wouldn't have been chosen by the behelit. I'm not strong or brave so I wouldn't have become a mercenary. I'm not a charismatic leaderly type so I wouldn't have a band of followers to sacrifice. I'm not obsessively controlling so I wouldn't sperg out and get myself tortured. If you changed me to the point that I could find myself in that situation then obviously I would, because I'd basically be Griffith and we already know what he did.
>>
>>151885472
No.

And for those answering yes, most of you on /a/ have 2d waifus.

Ask yourself if you could sacrifice your waifu for yourself. The sacrifices literally go to Hell.
>>
>>151885472
I would not have been in the right state of mind so it's hard to predict how I'd act in that situation. After all of my dreams fucked up, my body stripped any usefulness, forced to become a dependent vegetable my entire life after being tortureraped in a dungeon for two years by a sadist, isolated from everything and everyone, while overhearing people talk about how much they pity me and what a burden I am, I really cannot say how my brain would process a choice like that.
>>
>>151886200
>The sacrifices literally go to Hell.
when did it say that?
>>
>>151886373
Beginning of the manga.
>>
>>151886337
Griffith could technically qualify for insanity plea, or even a crime of passion in this instance. But I think the point is that he was out of his mind by then. It doesn't mean that everyone who would be in that position would do the same, but causality has it that Griffith's propensity for ambition made it that he'd be the perfect candidate to say yes. He didn't have much of a choice in the matter. Not only was he willing to whore himself off to old men for victory, but he had to justify it in his mind as it being a way of honoring all of those who died for his dream, like that little boy.

If he didn't truly give a shit, he wouldn't have even had to do that. He had to feel weak, useless, insane, hallucinating, suicidal, and desperate to rationalize.
>>
I don't know. It's still wrong though.
>>
No. Because Im not a cunt
>>
I'd kill myself long before that point, if possible.

Then again, I'm not ambitious enough for a behelit. I don't want to be a burden on others.
>>
>>151886200
If I put myself in Griffith's place, I think I'd probably say yes.

Life isn't looking too bright, not to mention I would also be coerced into agreeing by demon lords.

If it was me sitting at my computer right now however, I'd say no.
>>
>>151885472
If I were Griffith, I'd just murder myself, not to enable the behelit, but just to fucking end my potato life.
>>
>>151886427
>>151886200
I'm depressed now, they didn't deserve that
>>
>I just got tortured for 2 years straight.
>Instead of asking for a swift death, I'll instead damn the entire Band of Hawks, my loyal comrades in arms, to an eternity in actual hell, which probably makes my 2 years of torture look like fucking nothing because hey, I'm a selfish fuckboy.

If Griffith were an iota of a good person, which he wasn't even pre-Tower of Rebirth, he would've found a way to just die.
>>
>>151886660
The point is he feels that all those who have already fallen would have died for nothing if he didn't go the distance.

He also feels that those alive are already willing to die in order for him to achieve his dream, so what difference does it make for them to all die now.

Also he wasn't in the best state of mind after years of torture and demons chatting to him.
>>
The choice is actually fighting and dying for something or someone who believe in as opposed to having something or someone you believe in sacrificing your soul to Hell for eternity randomly.

I'm not arguing or anything - I'm p sure everyone can agree that Griffith is/was a sociopath before becoming Femto.

>The 2 years of torture probably didn't help either.
>Nor did constantly thinking about Guts beating him and leaving the Hawks.
>>
How the hell did Guts survive the eclipse? The anime just ends with Casca getting raped while Griffith makes Guts watch.

I'd read the manga but I'm dyslexic and the manga is really cluttered and difficult to read
>>
>>151885472
I'd ask Guts to kill me. I wouldn't want to kill all my friends.

Keep in mind despite any good in his heart Griffith had 1 friend. In his place I might actually have bonded with the rest of the band too.
>>
>>151887087
>How the hell did Guts survive the eclipse?

Skelly knight came in and saved Casca and Guts.

Shame he couldn't have come in before the demon rape.
>>
>>151887087
Skull Knight appears and saves him and Casca.

As an aside we can all agree that
Skull Knight = King Gaeseric = Pekoko or whoever that boy infused with elf magic from the legends was
>>
>>151887268
Blame that on Zodd (who Skully doesn't kill for whatever reason)
Zodd is like 2nd most responsible for all the bad shit, 3rd is Guts himself.
>>
>>151886936
>your best friend who you trusted everything with just whales on you and goes "smell ya later" without ever actually taking FIVE MINUTES to explain he wants to go on a soul-searching journey and expects you to magically understand his feelings like a damn woman
>not getting upset about that
>>
My roommate just recently showed me Berserk. I love Griffith's character and I'm glad he did what he did. That being said, I'd probably pussy out of sacrificing my current platoon (marinefag). The funny thing is, there's a native American girl in my platoon who looks just like Casca...if she smiled more. 8/10 would rape to retardation
>>
>>151887409
>friend leaves
>act like a little bitch and ruin everything for everyone
Aw, poor baby. Not to mention it's his own fault Guts left because of his tryhard philosophy about 'true' friendship. If you expect Guts to explain himself to Griffith, then Griffith should have explained his feelings instead of challenging Guts and getting his ass handed to him.
>>
>>151885472

He was pretty fucked.
He couldn't even kill himself or tell others to kill him.

Honestly I would've.
Wouldn't have raped Casca and I would've spent eternity to atone for it all, but I wouldve.
>>
>>151885472
No because I am not a narcissistic homosexual from an overrated series.
>>
You know a villain is great when people can sympathize with him/her and justify/defend/whitewash their actions. Evil isn't something alien or people just doing things they wouldn't normally do. Evil is very human. It can be very rational. It can feel right. But it's still evil.

What Griffith did was inhuman but any person is capable of it.
>>
>>151885472
No, I'm not a weakling like Griffith.
>>
>>151888272
>You know a villain is great when people can sympathize with him/her and justify/defend/whitewash their actions.
That has nothing to do with how well written of a villain he is. It's really just
>anyone who had the highest highs then went to their lowest would give up their humanity for power

You have a gross misunderstanding of evil.
>>
>>151889835
I disagree. But give me a non-gross understanding of evil.
>>
>>151889835
>>151890254
You also omitted the "sacrifice your companions" part as well, but it's worded like a typical apology so no surprises here. Griffith isn't Dio Brando.
>>
>>151887891
>overrated series
I still don't understand how people can think Berzerk is good.
Did they start reading as kids or something? Are they the same edgy fedoras who like the Preacher comic?
>>
>>151890717
>Are they the same edgy fedoras who like the Preacher comic?
Probably this.
>>
>>151890717
That's the old boring Berserk. New Berserk has cute mermaids and witches and stuff.
>>
Probably
>>
>>151890889
I like the new Berserk
>>
>>151885472

I don't know, being tortured like that would really suck. Maybe at that point I'd rather just have my comrades kill me.
>>
yes, wouldn't have hated guts or raped Cosca either
>>
>>151887409
The real reason why Griffith fucked up is because he got his ideals and confidence shattered, exposed, and he couldn't handle that. (Man, I remember when Berserk was good.)
>>
>>151887299
peekaf? i could see it
>>
>>151885472
No because I wouldn't have raped a princess.
>>
File: 1481819430033.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481819430033.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>151885472
Nooope. That's an opportunity to both kill myself without guilt and make a service to mankind and the planet.
Evil can just go eat an entire dick and fuck off to the vibration it came from.
>>
>>151885472
I'd have sacrificed the whole world to rid them of the suffering of life.
>>
File: happy limmy.jpg (20KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
happy limmy.jpg
20KB, 350x262px
AYE BUT WHAT COST
>>
Would I not be in the current of causality too if everything was the same leading up to that moment anyways
>>
So why the FUCK did berserk spoil itself by revealing Griffith as a villain, THEN flash back to the golden age and spend forever showing him off like a good guy who eventually betrays them when we already know that'll happen? What kind of idiotic idea is that.
>>
>>151887087
watch the movies it shows how man
>>
>>151885472
After a year of torture and being mentally fucked? Probably. Either that or suicide. But I don't see myself ever raping Casca.

>>151887268
It was primarily Skull Knight, but Griffith also lets them leave, you can see him lowering his hand instead of using another gravity attack. Griffith spares Guts and Casca again later on the HIll of Swords. He still has a boner for Guts imo.

>>151894567
So why the FUCK did Star Wars spoil itself by revealing Vader as a villain, THEN flash back to the Republic and spend forever showing him off like a good guy who eventually betrays them when we already know that'll happen?
>>
>>151894682
because the prequels were a mistake
>>
Fuck you, I love the original anime.
>>
>>151894682
You picked probably the worst possible example for arguing in favor of prequel stories.
>>
>>151894682
You know it's funny, I actually was thinking about including an example of an existing work with a spoiler using berserks stupid "reveal villain first, tell dramatic story of their betrayal later" and star wars darth vader was the exact example I thought of.

But I ultimately didn't type it out because I got distracted by something else. And in this case, I'm not quite sure if you're being serious about star wars because the prequels didn't come out until before the originals, and shouldn't be watched before them (or even at all)
>>
>>151885590
And the pain he was in, don't blame him at all
>>
>>151887326
Zodd is immortal
>>
>>151894567
In media res. We knew diddly shit about neither Guts nor Griffith at the beginning. We got this big guy with a bigger sword who wants to kill this evil bird looking guy. But why is that? Welllllll
>>
File: 1483587668471.jpg (1MB, 10000x6825px) Image search: [Google]
1483587668471.jpg
1MB, 10000x6825px
What sacrifice?
>>
>>151886567
That's the point.
Also, is there even "heaven" in berserk?
>>
>>151894982
Yeah I know what it is. That doesn't make it less stupid and a waste of what could have been a massive impactful shock to the reader.

Like he may as well have written it like
>I've finally found you Griffith you bastard!
>Haha fuck you Guts.
>*record scratch*
>Yep, that's me. Bet you're wondering how I wound up in this crazy mess. Well it all started a few years ago...
>>
File: berserk_1555385.jpg (179KB, 756x1100px) Image search: [Google]
berserk_1555385.jpg
179KB, 756x1100px
>>151885472
Humans cling to life with all they have. Even Guts knows this, wonder if he thought about it in regards to Griffith.
>>
>>151895279
What do you mean "could have been"? It WAS a massively impactful shock. It's one of the main things the series is famous for. This very thread is one of the countless threads made concerning what happened. Knowing early that Griffith is the antagonist didn't dampen anything.
>>
>>151895588
Well it could have been massivelyer and impactfuler if the very first thing we knew when we saw Griffith wasn't "oh he becomes an evil reality warping god and Guts will eventually fucking hate him".
>>
>>151895038
There's no "heaven" or "hell". They could be said to be the same thing, as its merely a description of a reality created by these cosmic entities.
>>
>>151895279
All we knew at the start was that Griffith did something to Guts and it made him extremely mad. It was still a shock seeing just how far Griffith went to send Guts that far over the edge in anger though. Besides, by the time you're halfway through Golden Age you've probably forgotten all about it as you're too engrossed in Mercenary Wars: Thirty Years War Fantasy Edition.

In answer to your question though, it's because Miura was making it up as he went along and didn't initially create Femto with the thought that he was gonna be Guts' bestie who stabs him in the back and Casca in the vagina.
>>
File: 1342510893077.jpg (32KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1342510893077.jpg
32KB, 184x184px
>>151894924
That's just a nickname he got because of his infinite lifespan. He won't die of old age but I'm sure someone could stab him through the heart and have him die.
>>
>>151885472
Yeah but I'm a sociopath. I won't pretend like it's for any higher good or that I dindu nuffin.
>>
>>151895810
Yeah you can still enjoy and be shocked by something like this, all I'm saying is that it COULD have been even better.

And I'm not the kind of person to just forget a spoiler because I'm engrossed in the story.
>>
>>151895772
>reality created by Idea of Evil or God Hand
Yup, there is only hell
>>
>>151895734
I don't see what difference it would have made. I didn't even think like that; just sounds like the impact of the event has worn off on you now that you're able to look back at the story.

Also structured the way it is, we started right in the middle of some action. Where should it have started, Guts' birth?
>>
File: 1475161519415.png (340KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1475161519415.png
340KB, 1400x1050px
>>151894777
The lucky trips don't lie
>>
>>151896029
It could have started at the start of the golden age.

But really you don't even need to really start at a different point, just don't show Femto or reveal anything about Griffith. Or hell, he could have shown Femto, but then not made Griffith still have the exact same helmet so we didn't know Griffith would eventually become him (or at the very least not know for certain).
>>
>>151896153
No, Golden Age has more impact when you already know what it's going towards.
>>
>>151896227
You can still know everythings going to get dark and fucked up just based on the difference in Guts appearance and attitude before and after the golden age flashback starts even without Griffith being the villain being preemptively revealed.
>>
>>151896294
That's too vague to impart the same anticipation. The knowledge of Griffith's future, and the uncertainty of EXACTLY what happened, gives the entire Golden Age a lowkey sense of dread that's worth far more than a cheap WOW MIND=BLOWN surprise.
>>
>>151896341
I guess you like to look up character deaths before starting series too because the sense of dread and wondering "EXACTLY" how they die is more exciting than being shocked, which you characterize anyone who values as stupid with all caps insults.
>>
>>151896392
Having thin skin should be banned.
>>
>>151896432
I think resorting to petty insults when you're no longer able to argue legitimately should be banned.

I actually don't think that should result in bans because I actually believe in freedom of speech and discussion, but I just parodied you for the joke. But as you have ironically missed, wanting other people banned just because they say something you don't like only shows you're actually the thin skinned one.
>>
>>151886200
My waifu is dead anyways ;_;
>>
>>151896392
>all caps insults.
wot?
>>
>>151887891
yes, you are just an autistic, childish shitposter wasting your life in a shithole
>>
I bet
>>151896392
is at least 5 years less experienced than
>>151896341

Reading for 'twists' is like watching horror for the 'thing jumps at camera and screeches' jump scares.
>>
>>151896392
What are you blistered about? The first arc was an introduction. We're introduced the the main characters and conflict of the story. It didn't ruin anything.
>>
>>151896581
His implication that anyone who values surprises in stories must just be an idiot who types mainstream memes like "WOW MIND = BLOWN".

>>151896614
And now he's fellating himself acting like "yeah my opinion makes me older and also automatically correct I win this" mentality.

You know there's a reason most stories have followed this basic structure of not starting in the middle with all the important points pre-revealed and then being explained later for thousands of years.
>>
>>151896743
nah, you do sound like an idiot. that wasn't an insult in any shape or form
>mainstream memes
don't talk to me if your least dank meme is under at least 6 layers of irony, amirite?
>>
>>151896743
That's not me, no. I didn't see a point in continuing when you were seeing attacks on you that weren't there but other people just had to bite.
As far as the actual topic, someone already pointed out in media res to you and that's where the conversation should've ended.
>>
Rather than forced being sacrifice, I rather do it by myself.
>>
>>151896900
Insult, meme, call it whatever you want it's still a childish way of trying to de-legitimize a viewpoint by trying to characterize it being said by a stupid person just because it's a viewpoint different from your own.

But in the end I can't deny this was a very interesting experience. I never would have thought there were actually people out there who think all well written surprises, twists and reveals in stories are the same as cheap jumpscares in bad horror movies and anyone who enjoys either of them is stupid, yet here I see it before me. Hell I guess Miura should just tweet how berserk ends and we can spend the next 30 years just wondering how Guts gets there (assuming he doesn't reveal Guts will actually die, not like anyone would care though since as we all know because only stupid people who like jump scares would be care about a major twist like the main character dying).
>>
>>151896743
>You know there's a reason most stories have followed this basic structure of not starting in the middle with all the important points pre-revealed and then being explained later for thousands of years.
If you can't handle a common writing convention then why do you read anything at all?
>>
>>151897124
>your own.
>all who disagree with me are one person
>>
>>151897124
Miura's already said he doesn't want to give Berserk a bad ending considering how much time he's put into it.
>>
>>151886660
>to an eternity in actual hell
I always assumed that it wasn't Christian hell though, its simply a place where all souls merge and lose consciousness
>>
File: 1471827567247.jpg (2MB, 2518x2647px) Image search: [Google]
1471827567247.jpg
2MB, 2518x2647px
>>151894777
People can shitpost all they want but anime stills with 3frame battle scenes are far better than the disgusting CGI we've got now. I still can't believe they're making a 2nd season
>>
>>151898559
Sounds a lot worse than Christian Hell.
>>
>>151899000
You mean better. How is a loss of individual conciousness worse than a place which has a lake of burning sulfur and which is described with "weeping and gnashing of teeth"?
>>
>>151899094
You still exist in the lake of burning sulfur.
>>
>>151899236
You go in hell all the same in the Berserkverse though, as long as you're human
>>
>>151899236
What good is existence if at that point it's literally nothing but the rest of eternity in extreme pain and suffering?
>>
>>151899450
Your continued sovereign self. But more tangibly, since we're already talking on somewhat spiritual stuff, pain and suffering are a choice and you're not obliged to react to external events. That's already a line of thought in spiritual paradigms that see our world as a hell.
>>
>>151898700
anyone got that gif where casca slices the throat of one of her wannabe rapists. it was when guts was fighting the 100
>>
File: 1466971486523.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466971486523.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>151899703
Have something better
>>
- assuming i was in exactly Griffiths circumstance as i am now, yes. i have no personal care for the characters he sacrificed and the power is irresistible

-sacrificing my friends for the power
>implying i have friends
no, as i care for those people and would not want to condemn them to literal hell. but as im a weak willed shit dont know what i would do if put through his torture
-sacrifice waifu
NO
>>
>>151899777
tiddies are nice, battle is better
>>
File: 1448409652432.jpg (3MB, 3000x2194px) Image search: [Google]
1448409652432.jpg
3MB, 3000x2194px
>>151899801
>not becoming a demon god and travel to the 2D plane and finding you're waifu again
>>
>>151899883
i assumed that part of the demon god transformation was sacrificing the person for proper

and even if its only temporary i still wouldnt send hr to hell for my own gains
>>
>>151899932
But your waifu isn't real so it isn't a real thing that you could sacrifice
>>
>>151899985
then fuck it, sure
>>
File: 1334324502617.jpg (15KB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
1334324502617.jpg
15KB, 336x229px
>try to use egg
>no suitable sacrifice found
>>
>>151886432
>out of his mind.

He isn't though.

We hear his inner rationalizations. We know exactly what he’s thinking, and he is fully conscious of his decision.

Casca is out of her mind. Griffith is fully aware.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.