[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Kishi REALLY going to kill Neji, Kiba, Shikamaru, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: ShikaTeam.jpg (103KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ShikaTeam.jpg
103KB, 800x600px
Was Kishi REALLY going to kill Neji, Kiba, Shikamaru, and Choji originally?
>>
Given that only Neji had adequate development at that point I don't see why anyone would believe that to be a good idea.
>>
>>151863626
>Shikamaru
Not a chance.
I would have liked to see Naruto constantly trying to justify Sasuke to the rest of genin had any of those actually died when he ran away though.
>>
>>151863689
>>151863861
Yeah Neji and Shikamaru were a bit of a stretch but Kiba and Choji DEFINITELY died before plot armor kicked in
>>
>>151863689
well I mean, he did die after all, so...
>>
>>151863626
No, the whole point of that mission is that everyone is sad that it failed but they have the siler lining of everyone making it out of it alive.

Though they might as well have killed Neji since he did nothing at all between surviving the mission and his actual death.
>>
>>151863626

Killing off characters for the sake of it doesn't make a manga any better, so I'm glad it didn't happen.
>>
>>151864402
I don't think a series having a high kill count automatically makes it good, but I'm not a fan of having countless fake-out deaths either.
>>
>>151863861
>He's my friend!
>People died Naruto
>No argument
You're right, Kishi probably read that out in his head and decided against it
>>
been a while since I read it
I remember shikamaru's battles being pretty hype
did he get more fights in shippuden?
>>
I remember reading somewhere that he was planning to kill Choji and Neji during the first rescue arc but either his brother, his wife or most likely redactor asked him not to.
>>
>>151863626
First time watching shonenshit? "MC's ally takes out one villain but seemingly fucks his own shit up in the process, only to be saved at the end of the arc when the cavalry arrives" is a stapple of this kind of arc.
>>
Wasn't Choji in the sequel story? Who cares if they die if they get revived.
>>
>>151864764
He had arguably one of the best parts of Shippuden before it became near unreadable
>>
>>151864764
Yeah, he beat Hidan
>>
>>151864818
Was Shikamaru the only one of the Leaf kids to be relevant after the timeskip? I always liked Shino.
>>
>>151864937
Yes
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
I would have been pretty fine with Chouji dying there. Not because I dislike Chouji, it's just that that fight was so good, it could be a "cost of the battle" kind of thing
>>
>>151863980
choji and neji were the ones that appeared to be dead though. Kiba was dying and about to be finished off and Shikamaru was out of power and about to get fucked up.
>>
File: sarada chouchou.gif (369KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
sarada chouchou.gif
369KB, 500x240px
>>151865185
He did get to have a pretty cool moment against zombie Asuma later and he made Salad's BFF
>>
>>151863626
I wish, Shikamaru is the only one who do something after that mission.
>>
>>151865352
He even got his own novel which the anime version of is going ot start next week.
>>
File: Tayuya.full.1836222.jpg (3MB, 5002x2983px) Image search: [Google]
Tayuya.full.1836222.jpg
3MB, 5002x2983px
>>151865267
I miss Tayuya
>>
>>151865352
Neji died, is that considered doing something?
>>
>>151863626
Neji and Choji probably, it would've been better if he killed them too.
>>
>>151865339
This. Between Zombie Asuma and the development his team received during the Asuma death arc most of Chouji's development occurred after the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. Killing him would have been a waste.
>>
>>151865861
>the development his team received during the Asuma death arc
Let's be real, Shikamaru hogs 99% of that development.

Chouji and Ino don't even do anything in the fight against Hidan and Kakuzu except nearly get themselves killed. They at least get to do stuff against zombie Asuma.
>>
File: neji.jpg (87KB, 652x868px) Image search: [Google]
neji.jpg
87KB, 652x868px
It's such a shame what happened to Neji in Part II. He deserved better.
>>
>>151866041
>enough not to lose to anyone
>loses to a rain of toothpicks
>>
>>151866041
>Does considerable damage to Nardo
>Gets OHKO by an uppercut punch

What a fucking jobber.
>>
>>151865185
His Butterfly transformation still doesn't really make sense but it looks pretty cool.
>>
>>151863626
Why do shonen suck at getting to the point?
Assassin's creed does it, too: Start with the fucking awesome overarching godwork mcfuckyeah plot and then devolve into stupid character politics

Is it to appease fans?

Seinen always starts with just enough character to go around, and then the fucking plot happens. Trigun, Kill la Kill, Ergo Proxy; everything goes fucking nuts and is actually interesting

For naruto and bleach, it's never anything bigger than the main character and his stupid fucking friends

Even FLCL went the right direction
>>
>>151866363
>Trigun
Trigun was a shonen first.
>>
>>151866520
Not for long.
>>
>>151866363
>huge fictional universe with multiple clans, unique abilities, and nations filled with magic, ripe for their involvement in a sweeping war story
>story instead focuses on a teenager and his edgy butt buddy, with sakura's fake crush confession being treated as the most important thing in the world

Naruto's setting was such a waste.
>>
>>151865861
I'll be honest. When I first watched that arc when it was brand new. I originally felt Chouji was legit going to be killed off. I was sad when it looked like he died, but to kick the baddies ass for his friends, for the mission. At that moment I saw he was going be be okay. It kind of ruined the impact of that encounter for me.

I finally felt what it must had been like for Dragon Ball fans back in the day. Plot armor is a bitch.
>>
>>151866738
>war story
you're not even on the right track
>creation story with characters involved in the original creation of the entire plot are involved in a doomsday scenario caused by someone taking an alternative philosophy, which has been hinted at the entire time in the series

i agree it was a waste, but cmon
>>
>>151863626
Why did Kishi establish Naruto as a no-friends loser and then immediately introduce a group of friends that he's been hanging out with for years right after that with Chouji, Kiba & Shikamaru? It's not even bad writing, it's just straight up not giving a shit
>>
File: Naruto39-05.jpg (135KB, 615x996px) Image search: [Google]
Naruto39-05.jpg
135KB, 615x996px
>>151867154
They were only sort of friends with him in not canon anime fillers.

Just look at how Naruto describes them in their first introduction.
>>
>>151867154
Naruto himself is a terrible character, the story itself was fun up to a point. /a/ is tsundere as hell about the character, with all the hate just being shitposts and people getting triggered when anyone actually hates on him for some reason (nostalgia too strong or something, I dunno)
>>
>>151867275
Later on it's established that they were buds since before the series' starting point, not right at their introduction though.
>>
>>151867384
They weren't buds, they were just the class retards but the other three still considered Naruto to be a worse retard than them.
>>
>>151863626
he should have killed chouji. fucking useless fatso who couldnt do anything during war..
>>
File: 1483639355093.jpg (52KB, 714x534px) Image search: [Google]
1483639355093.jpg
52KB, 714x534px
>>151866905
Sure I am. The Zabuza Arc, Hunter Nin. Just from the mission we saw in Ibiki's flashback, after the reveal of the drill holes he was hiding beneath his headband, elite ninja who had managed to pass the Chunin Exam just seemed so fucking cool and as if their occupation was filled with danger; then it turns out that full blown ninja are little more the DBZ martial artist.

And the politics within that arc were interesting, as well, particularly with the idea that the entire reason the Chunin Exam was being held was to provide a show of power to investors in mercenary work.
>>
>>151864703
Alternatively, killing off characters would have made it easier to slough off the redemption angle Naruto was after and turn him into a full blown villain protagonist to play off Naruto's heroic protagonist. Just speculation but that could have been a fairly interesting approach to it all.
>>
>>151867444
But he was the only one outside of team 7 that did anything in the war.
>>
>>151867154
Well, at the start they were introduced as acquaintances. It was mostly in the anime that establish them as friends who slacked off in the academy together.
>>
>>151867449
However, was the depth a result of writing intention and careful storytelling, or was it an experiment used on a well-trusted series?
>>
File: 1461273498819.gif (3MB, 783x419px) Image search: [Google]
1461273498819.gif
3MB, 783x419px
>>151865339
I really like ChouChou and Salad's antics, they are cute

I can't wait for Sarada to murder ChouChou to awaken her Mangekyo, because Uchiha
>>
>>151869189
Being friends with an Uchiha is dangerous, I wonder who's going to be the sacrifice this time.
>>
>>151870134
>Being friends with an Uchiha is dangerous
They always end up with devoted bffs that love them no matter what

>Madara had Hashirama
>Itachi had Kisame
>Obito had Kakashi
>Sasuke has Naruto
>>
>>151870406
you mean their hard core gaymate
>>
>>151870406
Someone else always has to die to provide enough DARKNESS for their eyes to evolve though

>Madara had his brothers
>Itachi had Shisui
>Obito (and Kakashi) had Rin
>Sauce had Itachi

For Sarada the choices are: her best friend ChouChou, her parents, her idol the Seventh, and maybe Bort if the shippers/eugenicsfags are correct

>Bort is the main character and can't die
>No way in hell can Sarada kill any member of the "Sannin 2.0"

Face it ChouChou is fucked
>>
>>151870731
>>151870134

She screams will of fire.
>>
>>151870731
she doesn't need to kill them directly just watching them died is good enough, so it could be naruto, or sakura
remember the key is extreme emotion, usually be suffering
>>
>>151870731
So would we have to put with "Muh Chouchou!" for the reminder of her character?
>>
>4 naruto threads up right now
>>
>>151863626
Now Im going have to rewatch this ark again,why was Naruto so good?
>>
>>151870846
Yeah, considering her eyehax is based off love and excitement (love for her father to be exact) I think the biggest danger her eyehax will have for her is that it will make her experience manic (as in the psychological disorder)
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.