[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

File: 224312.jpg (244KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
224312.jpg
244KB, 1024x768px
What am I in for?
>>
One of my favorite series.
>>
OXYGEN DAMASHII
>>
Main character and love interest teased for 1000+ chapters
>>
>>151851852
Jet engine punches
>>
File: 1473810123432.png (855KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1473810123432.png
855KB, 1500x1500px
A bunch of the same shit constantly. Ippo's have countless title fights but still does shit ass matches that mean jack shit and are filled with the same formula every match
>>
File: 399598-6595073-037ippo.jpg (96KB, 498x380px) Image search: [Google]
399598-6595073-037ippo.jpg
96KB, 498x380px
>>151851852
You're here to have eyebrows like those ones
>>
>>151852540
How do those lines imply he has damage to the brain?
Is it like a test or something?
>>
File: 1473811657394.png (1MB, 1432x2958px) Image search: [Google]
1473811657394.png
1MB, 1432x2958px
To be fair though the anime original run is worth watching, it has good animation, fun characters, and a great OST.

Everything after it is the same
>Ah shit I forgot how to punch even though I am a boxer
>Gee I feel mom for my moms business!
>I wonder if this girl I see all the time and roots for me likes me? Nah...
>I STILL HAVE OXYGEN LEFT! GLAD COACH LET ME GOT BEAT TO A PULP AGAIN
>>
>>151852599
Basically damaged motor skills test to see ih he could keep them under control, he was also forgetting to say common phrases and such
>>
>>151851852

A great series, for what it is. An excellent series as far as sports manga go. Read the manga and form your own opinion. If you enjoy said manga, watch the first anime series.

The rest of the anime adaptations had to cut corners and censor stuff, with this even being the case with the first series.

As for discussion Hajime no Ippo on /a/? Don't even bother. All you're going to get is meme-spouting secondaries, especially since the group that translates the manga tends to release chapters in bunches/whenever the fuck they feel like it, so actual discussion is always going to be scarce; especially when there isn't an actual match going on in the series and Mangastream just chooses not to release shit for weeks/months on end.

Lastly, if you enjoy Ippo, after reading/watching it, go discuss it on Dynamite Glove's forums.

http://westbound3.proboards.com/
>>
>>151852949
>As for discussion Hajime no Ippo on /a/? Don't even bother. All you're going to get is meme-spouting secondaries

You know there is some truth behind those meme's right?
>>
an unjustifiable amount of time spent angry at yourself for reading the manga, as it takes an inordinate amount of time to read through its insubstantial story up until the presently-released chapters

the manga moves impossibly slowly, and Ippo's newest fighting move - which is just a *move*, mind you - has been in development in the story for slightly short of 10 years
>>
>>151853124
Is his new move ducking? he never seemed to figure out the "not get his face beat out" part that I saw
>>
File: Q8Hkh4z.png (820KB, 1610x848px) Image search: [Google]
Q8Hkh4z.png
820KB, 1610x848px
I hope they make another season, I want to see more Takamura shenanigans animated.
>>
>>151852949
>As for discussion Hajime no Ippo on /a/? Don't even bother. All you're going to get is meme-spouting secondaries, especially since the group that translates the manga tends to release chapters in bunches/whenever the fuck they feel like it, so actual discussion is always going to be scarce; especially when there isn't an actual match going on in the series and Mangastream just chooses not to release shit for weeks/months on end.

Ippo threads have been since RAW-posting stopped being a thing. The oxygenmuscle meme is pure cancer, since it just invites people who can't even put the effort into reading/watching Ippo without being 'sold' on it first.

After the shitshow that was Rising, I hope they never animate any new Ippo. The Post-War Arc should have just been an OVA like it was originally planned to be, the same with Aoki vs Imae.

Alternately, the manga has been on a roll since the A-Class tournament.
>>
I WANT TO DIVE ROSUTO MIND
>>
Dick jokes.
>>
File: 1380577504362.png (726KB, 1000x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1380577504362.png
726KB, 1000x1650px
>>151853541
>Ippo threads have been since RAW-posting stopped being a thing

*Ippo threads have been trash since RAW-posting stopped being a thing.

Even at the series' lowest (during the weekly grind of the Woli match) the actual threads on /a/ were still amazing. The last time we really had a series of entertaining threads was during the Itagaki vs Imai.

Even if it was just /a/ collectively having an orgasm at Manabu getting his shit pushed in.

Even as a Itagaki fan I found this match both hilarious and satisfying.
>>
>want to watch Ippo
>shit is long as fuck and still ongoing
this is why this shit is on the end of my "To watch anime sports" list next to Free! and Ro-Kyu-Bu
>>
Alternating between
>YES!
and
>MORIKAWA YOU FUCK!
for about 1100 chapters.
>>
>>151853339
He literally never figures out ducking. But, part of his new move involves ducking in rhythm, so I guess you could say that he's got a 25% chance of dodging.
>>
>>151852159
This. They're what, 30 years old and still virgins? That's pathetic! I think, right? Is it?
>>
>>151853703
I don't know why this is an excuse.
You are on /a/ it's not like you have anything better to do.
>>
I'm enjoying the first series. Are the later ones worth watching? I've heard mixed things about them.
>>
File: Guy sitting on a chair.jpg (533KB, 1000x743px) Image search: [Google]
Guy sitting on a chair.jpg
533KB, 1000x743px
>>
File: 1240429189359.gif (731KB, 266x199px) Image search: [Google]
1240429189359.gif
731KB, 266x199px
>>
honestly i like everyone but ippo because his matches are always the same and he hasnt learn shit till now
>>
>>151854172
that being said its a great series that i dont regret reading
>>
>>151854014
Ippo's like 25 or something.
>>
>>151854076
>I'm enjoying the first series. Are the later ones worth watching? I've heard mixed things about them.

No. Read the manga. While the second series s faithful to the source material like the first, there's a noticeable dip in quality. By the third series they not only but the exposition, build for the matches and the matches themselves, they even omit entire characters. The later series really do not do this series justice and I feel sorry for anyone who got into the series through that abortion of an adaption that was Hajime no Ippo: Rising. Supporting characters in series, like these, rarely get a chance to shine, so the shitty job they did for matches of several of these characters, in Rising, truly dicked them over.
>>
>>151854668
I can't read manga together with my friends though
>>
>>151854668
I prefer Rising to 75+ episodes of fucking whatever, what with the overall series' various menialities and valueless fights like Miyata vs Randy Boy Jr.

Rising has what it needs to be good; the other seasons have too much
>>
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
File: 144gtuCXjDjkuQ.gif (715KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
144gtuCXjDjkuQ.gif
715KB, 400x300px
>>151851852
A hell of a ride plus manly tears and some great humor here and there.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.