[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is so great about re:zero? I don't get why it is/was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: image00.jpg (45KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
image00.jpg
45KB, 500x360px
What is so great about re:zero?
I don't get why it is/was so popular. I mean Emilia is a supporting character. Mc is this annoying ass genki boy. And then theres that raging faggot clown dude. Explain pls
>>
>>151803754
It has a realistic mc who actually acts like a person would when exposed to severe trama and great waifus. The plot is really entertaining as well.
>>
>>151803754
The overall plot is interesting, the problem is, the anime only worked around the first 3 arcs, in arc 4 we'd get to see more world building and the mysteries explored further.

The anime also skipped on a bunch of foreshadowing, skipped scenes and cut out the real ending of arc 3 short.
>>
>>151803918
Curious is there only going to be one season of the anime?
>>
>>151803841
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>151803754
>>151803754
DUDE HE DIES LMAO
>>
>>151804159
>>151804183
Oh this is a "OP shitposts and samefags to keep his shit thread Alice by sparking arguments thread". I'm out
>>
>>151804146
For the time being. The anime is pretty much caught up with the LN.
>>
Everybody who likes this show is a normalfag poser, there I said it, You're looking at the next Sword Art Online
>>
>>151803754
>What is so great about re:zero?
Its "good" not great. I feel the bulk of its praise coming from retards who think its a subversion of the Isekai genre despite the fact that everything after episode 17 is played straight forward in terms of genre expectations which is a shame because episodes 13 to 17 do a great job of breaking down Subaru's character then episode 18 fucks it all up and he becomes less interesting as a result. it also doesn't help that Subaru's development is the only worthwhile aspect of this anime and its merely just fine, the rest of the cast aren't nearly as well-defined or interesting . 2016 was a pretty shitty year so its no surprise this stood out among the dung heap but you could do so much better.
>>
>>151803754
The ED is really good.
>>
>I DON'T REALLY LIKE ANIME BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT
>>
I mean this show... The guy readily accepts he's been magically transported to another world. He then proceeds to get killed in that mansion and learns he goes back in time when he dies. What does he do after coming back to life? Getting the fuck away from that mansion? Oh hell no he stays right there so he can die some more. Then he acts like an entitled little shit in the second half. Man i hate this series with a passion
>>
> its good because he dies all the time
> Thats why this series is so mature
So much edge
>>
>>151804435
>Guys thinks he's a destined hero or some shit
>Sticks around for that very reason and also because he was desperate for friends
>Acts like an entitled fuck shit because he still has that mentality
>Gets fucked for it

What is wrong with that? Can't handle seeing an idiotic character get their just deserves? The idea is that he learned from it, even if it to a level that he didn't really deserve.
>>
File: 1471326940981.jpg (48KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1471326940981.jpg
48KB, 680x680px
>What's so great about Re: Zero
The mansion arc.
>What's so shit about Re: Zero
Episode 13
I don't even know how to describe what I started feeling. "Cringe" is a word that reddit likes, but it goes beyond that. It's watching the MC kind of develop and build something beautiful out of the suffering he's endured, before he stomps it all into the ground for no good reason other than "muh dick, nigga." It doesn't suit him in the slightest and absolutely demolished my desire to watch it.
>I have a superpower that makes me the ultimate sleuth from the moment someone decides to kill me. Let me just puff my chest out and duel one of that crazy ginger cunt's friends.
>>
>>151804288
This. Episode 18 is such a turn off. When he finally understands that he is not hot shit, Rem comes and fuck everything calling him her hero. It destroy everything that those 4 incredible episodes try to build.
>>
>>151804642
Yeah, I had to drop it somewhere after that. His attitude, man. And this from a guy who is completely foreign to the world and doesn't how stuff works there. Also picking a fight with a knight?! Why the fuck?
>>
>watching the anime
It's shit. It ruined Rem's character. It skipped heavy foreshadowing. And most importantly, we'll never get to see Minerva animated.
>>
>>151804435
Your complaint about the second part is valid.
Why the fuck shouldn't he use his power though, if he has it? He tried to run off, like you suggested, but he felt guilty about leaving the girls to die, and he realized that he'd be a lot happier in this new world, if he used his power to alter events around him and gather friends.
"That" would have been cool. Him posing as Emilia's butler and trying to witness whatever murder he could before using Return by Death to prevent it.
>>
>>151804251
wrong
>>
>>151803754
How is MC genki?
>>
>>151804642
>>151804861
I mean, if he was acting against his entire character i'd understand. But he wasn't, he was always a cringelord in relation to Emilia because he probably felt he had something to prove, and is always acting out on his emotions a little too much.

It is cringy, but you're not supposed to side with him, you're supposed to dislike him for his actions. Don't think anyone truly was in favor of what he was doing while watching.
>>
>>151805293
>>>151803754 (OP) (You)
>How is MC genki?
He did those gym exercises with the townspeople... That was ridiculous
>>
Why does China like this anime so much?
>>
>>151805327
It absolutely was against his entire character.
>Always a cringelord.
No, he was always fucking sociable. He got giggles out of people, and it's probably the most believable time period of the show for him, because everyone in the story had a reason for why they fucking like him. The kids in the town flock to him every time he goes, the twins warm up to him in every cycle where he interacts with them, and even not-Kefka finds his bantz less offensive than he finds them warming.
We know that he didn't feel like he had anything to "prove" up to that point. He was going to run away twice, and one of those times was from someone he genuinely despised as a villain and murderer.
We also know that he at least kind of has the inclination to address authority figures with due respect, because of the first time he meets Reinhard, so this is just a boatload of stupid sailing in out of nowhere.
>>
>>151804995
Because he still feels pain and all that jazz, he remembers dying. No way in hell would I go through all that shit to try and save some random people i just met. Especially since they might have been the people to kill you in the first place (as is the case).
>>
>>151803754
Worldbuilding is great, cast is memorable, and there are genuine moments of tension.

Especially about the part with the memorable cast, there aren't many series that have gotten me to give a fuck about so many characters.
>>
>Why does the MC become irrationally upset about defending his waifu's honor who's the only reason why he could move on
And people call Mitsubishi autistic.
>>
All of the complaints about the show in this thread aren't even valid complaints Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1435.png (623KB, 1358x815px) Image search: [Google]
1435.png
623KB, 1358x815px
>>151803754
Didn't you get banned from shitposting yesterday?

>>151612187
>>151582614
>>151637567
>>151640121
>>151639866
>>151639510
>>
>>151805604
Again, under normal circumstances you'd be right, but when it comes to Emilia, it's like he goes full retard. He always acts like a memester to her way too much.

So basically all the happenings on the court lead him to believe they'd accept his bullshit if he came up with the idea that he was her knight, possibly also thinking Emilia would be ok with it due to month they spend together after he saved the children and many other interactions. Them he felt the need to prove himself, you know, some people are really thick headed about losing, you see it everywhere, they can be in the wrong but they'll try to up their game against the other person and kinda lose sight of themselves, which is why he sperged out against the knights, and Julius interfere in order to simply give him a beatdown so the other knights wouldn't think of killing him for his badmouthing.

He is sociable and can respect authority, but because he's a buffoon in relation to Emilia, he fucked up. The anime also cut out some things in the first place, Emilia was supposed to stutter, Roswaal was supposed to imply that he took Emilia in simply to fuffil the requirement of 5 candidates from the prophecy, which would prompt Subaru to rush him in anger, only to be meet with a fireball that Puck blocks, and it was all Roswaal's plan to get Subaru riled up so he could introduce Puck, the equivalent of a nuclear bomb in full control of Emilia to the court.

The anime just made it seem like Roswaal was expecting Subaru's overreaction. The councilman did see it as him showing that Emilia could be trusted since he put so much faith in her, but clearly he could have done so much better, and without sperging out against the knights, but again, he's way too emotional.
>>
>>151805736
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>151805647
>saving a bit of pain is worth more than human life
Come on, man. No one likes getting their teeth pulled, but you can't really be that much of a pussy, can you?
You just kinda go still and let it happen.
>>
>>151805797
>>151805797
Nah, thats not me. I really wanted some opinions from people about the show because i saw it praised everywhere when it was airing and i just didnt like it at all.

>>151805842
Thanks for this, that explains some stuff. I dropped it before some of this stuff came up i think.
>>
File: 1482689249335.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1482689249335.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
>>151805797
>All those threads

That's just sad
>>
>>151805959
Dude, this is no visit to the dentist, its getting smashed to bits with a spiked iron ball, getting thrown off a cliff, all that other stuff, for people he barely knows anything about
>>
>>151806039
Exactly! So it's a little better. It's over in like 30 seconds (or in the cliff's case, immediately, you're pretty much gone before you even hit the ground) instead of 45 minutes, and you at least get to satisfy any depraved femdom kinks you may or may not have.
Hell, he went in his fucking sleep the first time.
>>
>>151804805
Rem knows that he's complete shit but she also knows that he can do it better like he did in arc 2 for her. She didn't say "you're the hero" but only that he's her hero. Subaru just needed one person who believed in him to stop being a useless piece of shit.
>>
File: Al is from Earth.jpg (1MB, 686x4136px) Image search: [Google]
Al is from Earth.jpg
1MB, 686x4136px
>>151805993
It doesn't really come up in the anime though, again they cut out a lot of shit.

Speeches were supposed to be more involved and we'd learn why each candidate was fit for the position instead of a single line for each, and also a lot of foreshadowing that would show that Subaru is not exactly that special.

Al, the helmet dude is from earth like Subaru, and he came to that world 18 years ago, but hasn't been pursuing the reason as to why, he simply tries to survive, later arcs also imply that many other humans from earth came into that world, but the reason as to how, and why has yet to be explained, even the sage from 400 years ago that sealed the witch Satella is apparently from earth.

If you see japanese stuff, it's because someone from earth influenced it. The country to the west is entirely japanese themed, and the onis from Rem and Ram's village all live in old jap style possibly because they either lived in that region, or they took influence from it.
>>
File: 1420387074919.jpg (27KB, 460x503px) Image search: [Google]
1420387074919.jpg
27KB, 460x503px
>>151803754
The mc was entertaining
Watching him suffer the consequences of some of his stupid decisions, and get his mind broken by the intense torture that a crazy anime plot would actually inflict on you made him very relatable. The "Return by Death" plot-device, while nothing new Steins:Gate, made for very entertaining situations.

Aside from that the anime was actually pretty shallow. Emilia and Rem were very well voiced and animated, but once you saw through the dazzle you realized how boring their characters are, and as the show went on you started realizing that the world isn't actually very well fleshed out and only really seems to exist wherever the mc turns up, there's not much going on in it outside of what we get to see.

It was a fun watch when it was still airing, but I don't see this standing the test of time.
>>
>>151803754
Its one of those worthwhile shows that comes along every few years

Great ride
>>
File: emi.gif (388KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
emi.gif
388KB, 500x230px
Post better Emilia
>>
File: 1481131455335.png (2MB, 1200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1481131455335.png
2MB, 1200x2400px
>>151803754
Rem
>>
>>151804642
Fuck off, /v/.
>>
File: 1373871286358.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1373871286358.gif
428KB, 200x183px
Kids are easily impressed by shonen stuff.
>>
File: 15457.png (324KB, 409x551px) Image search: [Google]
15457.png
324KB, 409x551px
>>151806538
>People still spamming the shounen meme

If you think this series is about fighting shit you looked for the wrong series. If anything the anime could have used less episodes SUbaru fighting shit but instead giving more minutes on how Subaru manages to plan everything out as well as his and other character's internal thought and monologues.
>>
>>151806781
>Comedy
>Not tragedy

Everytime
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.