[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

How do aliens know martial arts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1398727987_1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1398727987_1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
How do aliens know martial arts?
>>
Of all things in this series to question, why that specifically?
>>
to me it seemed like most the aliens - saiyans, namekians, and freeza's race at least - didn't really have 'martial arts'

they had raw power and some basic ki techniques, but no real study and formalization of it like the masters on earth had, and the kais had.

and this gave the weaker humans a pretty good advantage against stronger foes. you don't need to be the strongest when you can just solar-flare your opponent blind and stab him in the kidneys

i really hope super gets back to showcasing clever techniques that allow weaker characters to become more valuable. hit was a step in the right direction though he's kind of a one-note gimmick, but the zamasu arc was all brute force bullshit. there's a million ways to apply the instant transmission technique offensively, but goku is an idiot
>>
>>151758790
Frieza was manlet. He was destined to lose.
>>
how does goku keep his gi intact when he fights? it doesnt make sense
>>
>>151758790
Freeza doesn't know Martial Arts, he just punches and kicks and throws ki around.
Remember that he never trained a day in his life before Golden Freza.
>>
>>151759915
it always gets tattered, retard
>>
>>151759930
This. The only reason frieza was any good was because he was many times stronger than everyone.

His army probably just has some standardized close quarters training as would be needed for any military force but no normal martial arts. It was also notable that the characters we saw from his army all preferred beam moves over physical hits aside those that had weird powers like Ginyu or Guldo.
>>
UFFu
>>
>>151760052
>gets ki blasted
>not naked
this shit is rigged. thats not how materials work
>>
>>151758790
It's not like Frieza's using taekwondo. Even animals know how to fight one another. A sentient race can figure it out easily enough.
>>
They know alien martial arts, anon!
>>
>>151758790
What about martial arts is exclusive to humans?

>>151759422
>>151759930
>>151760147
Freeza most definitely knows how to fight. His battle with Goku is some of the most exciting fighting in the series.
>>
File: 1474558171751.png (506KB, 851x810px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1474558171751.png
506KB, 851x810px
>>151760280
>His battle with Goku is some of the most exciting fighting in the series.
is this really your argument
Freeza knows kung fu because the fight was cool to watch
>>
A plot hole?
In Dragonnall???

>:O
>>
>>151759930

>Trains to kill some random saiyan on a backwoods planet

>But doesn't train to kill his only rival when it came to ruling the universe
>>
Why do people even train to fight people face to face when it is canon that a literaly nobody can take down gods if he catch themm off guard?

If they trained their stealth instead maybe they could have defeated Zamasu
>>
>>151760143
protected by his aura. that's why they only start ripping once you're losing.
>>
>>151758790
"Martial arts" is a pretty broad term. Maybe the aliens just had their own fighting style
>>
>>151760417
Lurk more
>>
>>151760280
>Freeza most definitely knows how to fight.
I didn't say that he didn't? I said that sentient races could easily learn how to fight.
>>
>>151760665
>Cooler
>Frieza's rival
>so far below him that he had to make a fifth form just to keep up with Frieza's fourth
>also non-canon
>>
Why would only humans be the only ones allowed to know martial arts or how to fight?
If you go Super's, then they know through godtube. If Z route, then no alien knows martial arts except Piccolo.
Hell, even the majority of humans don't, nor they give a shit about that. When the tournaments happened, the audience would shit their pants when Goku, Krliin, Roshi or Nam just jumped high enough

Goku knows because he had masters. Vegeta just street fights everything and wastes ki like a retard. Freeza is just gifted as fuck. Cell was a hack of masters, warriors and aliens that had cameras to watch fights even in the tournaments. Buu is a monster that just rampages at will. Dabura swings the sword like a madman and spites on people.
Piccolo Jr is the only alien that trained alone and for some odd reason seemed like a martial artist in the 23rd Tournament.

>>151760280
He is naturally strong. He even said before that only his father gave a fight or some shit like that.

>>151761082
There were no gods before all this Super or BoG, so it never matter. But yeah, right now there is no point for humans to give a shit, if before was bad with the power gap, now it's even worse.
>>
>>151758790
>tfw had a crush on Freiza when I was a kid because I thought he was a girl
>>
>>151761816
>see Freeza's final form for the first time
>"holy shit, this is gay"
>>
>>151759915
So that you know when shit has gotten real once it (top half) gets wrecked.
>>
>>151758790
i don't know it's pretty universal the idea of fighting with your fist.
>>
>>151758790
They both have two arms, two legs and fight with no guns
How else are they suppose to fight?
>>
>>151763028
Use the tail!
>>
>>151758790
Because martial arts are originally ayy lmao
>>
>>151758790
Frieza was a great villain because he had clear cut goals, a simple but consistent power, and an entertaining and charisma personality. I hate this trend where antagonists have to have a sob story or be trying to do "the right thing" for them to be considered good as characters. Sometimes people are just bad dudes. Frieza was a real, powerful, intimidating, honest villain, and I like that. Even after watching hundreds of anime, he's one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>151764992
>consistent power
Not at all, he jumped by something like 30x in one powerup.

>>151758790
From what I remember of the fight Freiza would generally punch with his hands and feet and do basic fighting and grappling.
Didn't seem like he knew "Material arts" like Goku did. He was just raw power. Which became apparent when Goku transformed and evened the gap.
>>
>>151765149
By consistent I mean the kind of powers he used, the constantly increasing power scale was one of his best traits. Too many times in anime, a character will have radically different and random powers.
>>
>>151758790
He doesn't. That's just his normal movement. Monkeys are so primitive, they call normal movement an "art".
>>
>>151761768
>Buu is a monster that just rampages at will
Buu's moves were so fun in Budokai Tenkaichi because they're so different.
A fucking punch through the floor.
>>
>>151761816
Thanks god I watched the latino dub, where he sounds manly and spoopy
>>
>>151765149
I love when he punches with his feet
>>
>>151761768
>There were no gods before all this Super or BoG

>Kami, literally a god of the planet
>King Kai, literally a king of gods
>Kaiooshin, literally a god of gods
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.