[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Given the new, more tolerant atmosphere of /a/, I thought I could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Ramiel_(NGE).png (1021KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ramiel_(NGE).png
1021KB, 1440x1080px
Given the new, more tolerant atmosphere of /a/, I thought I could discuss a series that /a/ traditionally hates.

I personally love Elfen Lied. It's my favorite series and I don't think any other anime series went as in-depth into human psychology and morality as EL did. Plus, a great OP. What do you think /a/?
>>
It's shit and you shouldn't like it let alone defend it
>>
>>151757016
Bait needs to be more subtle.
>>
Is Elfen Lied even popular with underage normies anymore?
>>
>>151757459
No. Tokyo Ghoul and SnK is what popular now.
>>
>>151757016
I've never really cared or not cared for gore and I liked this series. I think a lot of the hate it gets is based on the idea that a fascination with gore and "edginess" is a trait typical of teenagers and most of the older /a/nons had spent a lot of their lives trying to explain that cartoons aren't just for kids anymore. So when a bunch of teens started to like EL for its gore aspects the natural response of older anime fans was to get defensive and say that EL is shit and doesn't represent good anime because it's a show for teens. I think that's why most shows that are popular among teens (Naruto, SNK, EL, SAO) are regarded as such shit around here. Not that SAO isn't shit.
>>
File: Friendly suggestion.jpg (97KB, 930x720px) Image search: [Google]
Friendly suggestion.jpg
97KB, 930x720px
>>151757016
>new, more tolerant atmosphere
>love Elfen Lied
>>
>>151757016
Baited me with best angel.
>>
>>151757016
forced edgy shit
>>
>>151757016
is this post a joke?
btw ramiel is still best girl
>>
Take out the shock value and Elfen Lied becomes the very definition of mediocrity. It's also funny because for an anime that tries so much to be edgy, it actually plays really safe in many of its tropes and cliches.

The few people who do give praise to Elfen Lied only do so because they watched it in their teens and because of that can't get past their nostalgia or are unable to judge it properly because their standards were lower at the time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.