[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 broly movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

File: 44185_s0.jpg (107KB, 400x498px) Image search: [Google]
44185_s0.jpg
107KB, 400x498px
WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING
>>
He was popular.
>>
They weren't.
>>
His power is maximum.
>>
>>151743468
lol its not even including bio broly
>>
>>151743468
money. and they made a lot of it
>>
>>151743468
For once, they were thinking.
>>
>>151743468

Broly should've been a woman
>>
The first Broly movie is actually quite good though.

It's the second and third that are shit.
The second at least has good choreography and Videl upskirt, but Bio Broly has literally nothing. It's literal garbage.
>>
>>151744301
18 was nice
>>
>>151743468
thinking about power that is maximum
>>
>>151744315
They didn't do anything worthwhile with her in Bio Broly so not even she could save that mess. Also not enough screentime for her.
Goten and Trunks were a mistake.
>>
>>151743556
This. He probably still is.
>>
>>151743468
Broly is popular because he is literally the generic stereotype that people think of when they think of DBZ. A big guy with glowing hair who thinks of nothing else but blowing shit up, and is obnoxiously powerful.
>>
Broly did nothing wrong
>>
File: 2017-01-02 06.14.46.jpg (434KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-02 06.14.46.jpg
434KB, 1024x576px
>>151743468
Broly saga was top tier son, they WERE thinking with this. The only one out of the 3 that was questionable was bio broly, which was really random.
>>
>>151746949
Broly had the least personality out of every villain but Hildegan. Broly didn't have a personality. They didn't need a movie to cover Broly, much less three of them. Dumbest character motivation too with Goku's crying. He's a perfect example of how people who consume shonen choose favorite characters based on power levels and physical appearances alone because that's all that Broly has.

No character drama meant that there was no reason to even get invested in the conflict, so the result was just lights on a screen.
>>
I liked the third one the best
>>
>>151748188
>physical

They're 2d anon
>>
Broly Second Coming is one of the worst movies ever made. Bio Broly is just bizarre.
>>
The only good Broly movie is the first one.
>>
Didn't the brolic slang world come from this motherfucker?
>>
>>151743468
The first Broly movie is fine. It's when you hit the second and third ones that shit starts getting weird

>>151746266
>Probably

There's no probably. People still want him to be considered canon and want him to show up in the upcoming tournament arc in super
>>
>>151743468
his power is maxi- fuck you!
>>
>>151743468
>>151750304

Broly's first movie was good.

The second and third were too fucking bad and weird.
At least I got a kick out of pretending movie 2 was about Uncle Broly visiting his saiyan relatives for a day of fun.
>>
>>151748188
>Broly had the least personality out of every villain but Hildegan. Broly didn't have a personality.
He had plenty of personality in movie 1 by dragonball villain standards, people who complain about it rarely seem to have watched or remember movie 1.

He was like Goku Black except not a twink and with less stupid motivations.
>>
Broly is a big guy
>>
What's your power level? Mine's pretty big.
>>
He was cool because he was the rawest form of a super saiyan. His motivation was trash yeah.
>>
>>151751905
His motivation wasn't so bad, when you consider on the day he heard Goku crying he was also stabbed, dumped for dead with his father, and then his planet exploded, and then his dad put him in a mind control slave crown for the rest of his life.

He had plenty reasons to be a little nettled.
>>
what the fuck was his problem? who was in the wrong here? was it rape?
>>
>>151751962
Vegeta was the real issue.
>>
>>151749762
Not him, but what a shitty reply.

I agree with him, plot is shit, literaly just for kids alone.
>>
>>151752020
My memory's fuzzy, what did vegeta do besides crying like a bitch?
>>
>>151743468
his power is maximum
>>
>>151752043
Please do tell about the mature plots of Dragon Ball.
>>
>>151752099
There isn't.
>>
File: 1426456838344.gif (904KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1426456838344.gif
904KB, 240x228px
>>151746949
>edited english version only
>>
One of the coolest DBz moments was in the second one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VdS6yKSRWYo
>>
>>151752057
I'm talking about his dad
>>
>>151752257
Goku's rival, his father or the planet?
>>
>>151748188
>They didn't need a movie to cover Broly
But Broly was created as a movie character.

Agreed on everything else though. The first movie was average at best and he was generic as fuck. Didn't deserve any other appearance imo.
>>
>>151752447
He is probably the least generic saiyan outside the main group, especially compared to shit like Cabba.
>>
>>151752147
They swapped out the score for INTENSE ROCK MUSIC.
>>
File: file.png (100KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
100KB, 272x185px
Broly should have come to earth after the destruction of Vegeta, and been taken in and reformed by Mr. Satan, like he did in that one game.
>>
>>151746949
>top tier
>his motivation is being mad at Goku for crying as a baby
>his dialogue generally consists of him saying "KAKAROT!!!!!11" over and over
>literally no character traits beyond that

Literally the only thing interesting about him is his fighting style and the fact that he's an evil Super Saiyan.
>>
>>151752699
>t. Didn't watch the movie

Every single time. Try getting your own opinions instead of parroting what you read on /a/.
>>
>>151752734
>Anyone who disagrees with my is uninformed
Anything you can pulls beyond that is incredibly contrived and entirely conjecture on your part.
>>
>>151751962
Probably make more sense to be mad at Vegeta (king vegeta is dead so his son is the next best thing)
>>
>>151751962
>He had plenty reasons to be a little nettled.
Not at Goku, which is the only thing he ever expresses.
>>
>>151743468
Broly was a pretty popular villain. The problem with Movie 2 and 3 were that they made Goten and Trunks the protagonists of both movies instead of someone sensible like Vegeta, Gohan, or even Piccolo.
>>
>>151752772
Anyone who says Brolly only says Kakarott literally didn't watch the movie. Your opinion is the same uninformed recycled shit you often see on /a/. Good job fitting in.

>>151752815
He's PTSD triggered, anon. Goku let him sperg out of the mind control crown, everything past that was just 30 years of repressed saiyan wage.
>>
>>151748188
>muh personality

hate faggots like this, it's dbz for christs sake
>>
>>151752916
You didn't explain at all why he should be angry to Goku at all.

>>151752963
>hate faggots that don't want straight mindless nothing
Dragon Ball is no high art, but it's because of it being mindless that it's not. There's no reason it couldn't have been.
>>
>>151752501
Least generic among empty shells.
Doesn't make it any good, and especially not to focus two other movies on him.
>>
>>151752963
Broly had a personality in the 1st movie. He was even smart enough to figure out his dad was trying to escape the planet before the comet came and crushed the pod.

The later Movies and games tend to ignore this and go for the "KaKarot!" yelling monster.
>>
>they bring broly back
>he truly is the super saiyan god beerus was looking for
>whips up on everyone
>all hope is lost
>gets defeated by mirai no trunks
>>
>>151753023
>You didn't explain at all why he should be angry to Goku at all.
You act like Broly is a stable individual. He's associating Goku with everything bad that happened to him, that's it. Which, let's face it, is surprisingly deep for a Dragonball villain.

>>151753041
He's not generic though, especially compared to the other saiyans. Sure, he has practically no character development because he only appeared in 1 movie and was mind controlled most of it, but he had a cool costime, good character design, and was menacing and talkative during the battle.
>>
>>151743468
Broly was the epitome of a good shonen character during the first movie. He was strong as fuck, walked over everyone without giving a shit except for his one motive and, most importantly, died at the peak of his threat taking the combined efforts of everyone and exploiting a minimal flaw to barely getting to take him down.

I was pleasantly surprised he was still a threat in the second movie considering the timeskip even if the movie itself was kinda lame.

3rd movie barely counts. It was a cocktease with a New Broly inside a tube but we got The Incredible Melting-Man instead.

Point is that he's Avery cool concept as a character. I'm currently tired of believing in characters or picking favorites since I now anime has that tendency of suddenly making them suck at fighting just for the sake of shilling the skills of a newcomer but there's the rare satisfaction of having someone like Broly who never dissapoints and is always a dreaded presence everytime he appears unlike losers like Cell or Frieza who became a laughing stock after (or even during) their defeat.
>>
>>151753138
Goku and Vegeta in Super are stronger than Broly. But I can still see them losing because of the wonky writing. Getting killed by Trunks makes sense since he was more pragmatic.
>>
Bio Broly would have been okay if it hasn't been for broly who was present in name only, as he was instantly replaced by some zombie blob.

Satan and C18 were good, but I hated how the latter was useless while fucking Trunks and Goten did all the job, it made no sense powerlevel wise.
>>
>>151753138
>gets defeated by super friendship god third grade mirai trunks
>>
>>151753189
>>151753244
Blame nips for having shit taste and the directors forcing Goten and Trunks into a Broly movie.
>>
>>151753200
>Goku and Vegeta in Super are stronger than Broly

they should have been stronger than Black but you saw what happened there
>>
>>151746266
he's super OP in dokkan battle so yeah, but they're mostly just pandering to fans
>>
>>151753413
That's mostly due to poor writing and the anime not having the manga to use as reference on how to compose the battles.
>>
I think Bio Broly, while garbage, is the only movie that doesn't have Goku or Gohan save the day at the end so it has that going for it I guess.
>>
>>151753164
>Muh super fighter wants to fight first to protect his dad then to show he's the strongest.

He was DBZ tier, nothing better.
>>
>>151753570
Broly's better than Android 13 and Meta Cooler, but worse than Garlic Jr, Wheelo, Cooler, Turles, and even Lord Slug in terms of Movie quality.
>>
>>151752335
Yes
>>
>>151743468
he's a big guy
>>
Why does he glow green?
>>
>>151754504
He's like an unripe banana.
>>
>>151752963
>muh personality
>it's dbz for christ sake

And yet every villain except for Broly managed to have one. Guys like Frieza and Black are memorable due to the way they act and Broly acts like a screaming retard. Shit like Goku going Super Saiyan or crying, for the only time, over Krillin's death, Future Trunks doing the same over Gohan's, and Piccolo sacrificing himself for Gohan have an effect because the narrative made the audience care about the characters as people. With Broly that doesn't exist; he's a fighting machine who spends his entire first movie fighting, to say nothing of the later ones, and has no memorable lines. When he died, permanently even, it was difficult to give a shit.
>>
>>151754974
>And yet every villain except for Broly managed to have one.
Broly had one. Why do you keep talking about movies you didn't watch?
>>
>>151755376
Describe Broly's (non-existent) personality.
>>
>>151755691
Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor
>>
>>151754974
I don't understand why Black is popular when Evil Goku already existed in the form of Turles.
>>
Reminder Broly is alive and well on planet Salad and he will be the focus after the tournament arc.
>>
Ok I didn't watch Brolly second coming.

How does he make it back exactly? Or maybe it was the original that I didn't watch.. I can't remember.

What's the 3rd movie called?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.