[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It appears Hibike Euphonium S2 is the best anime of 2016 Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 16

File: lNy4mdp.jpg (89KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lNy4mdp.jpg
89KB, 800x1000px
It appears Hibike Euphonium S2 is the best anime of 2016

Thoughts?
>>
By process of elimination. maybe. Feel like this year hasn't had many spectacularly bad shows but also almost nothing 8/10 or better.

Flip Flappers would have been it had it gotten a second cour to flesh out the plot/explain more shit/improve pacing, but I doubt it had the money.
>>
After the first few episodes I doubted it could save itself enough to even consider that, but the rest of the season had moments both that rivaled and surpassed S1. It has its weak moments but it's my favorite of the year for sure.
>>
>>151742244
I agree
>>
>>151742296
It was a sad year
>>
>>151742244
S1 was better entirely. I like Asuka but, wasn't this about music once? Fucking Finals have no concert, but oboe and nozomi are relevant enough?

Excecution was top-notch as always, but the writing and story composition as well as direction was kinda off.

Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume for instance had a much tighter budget and did so many things right it hurts nobody even considers it.

I unironically rate both of the shows 9/10.
>>
>it wasn't yuri
Anime has never made me this angry before.
>>
I've literally only watched this and Flying Witch this year - if I had to choose, it'd be tough.

>>151746288
>wasn't this about music once?
It's about the worst kind of music. I for once could do w/o concert scenes altogether.
>>
>>151746288
S2 has literally more music than S1. I wouldn't call S2 worse, it's just different.

>S1
Sensei test
Marching band
Hazuki episode song
Last episode concert

>S2
Monaka piece
Kansai concert
School festival concert
Buchou concert and solo
Last episode 3rd year jazz song + part of the competition piece by second years
>>
>>151742244
It's up there. But I don't think it was the best.
Also, S1 was much better.
>>
I just started rewatching S1 and it's amazing how much S2 ruined Reina for me. I was mostly indifferent to her to begin with, but I liked how she'd been serious about improving from the beginning even with the rest of the club being all over the place. Now a lot of her actions just feel like attempts to get the Taki cock. That scene were she barges up to Shuu and gets mad because he was talking about him is borderline obsessive in hindsight. Even the first scene that started to bridge the gap between her and Kumiko is because she asked her about Taki.
If they'd even just made more of an attempt to show Reina's feelings coming from admiration and respect in S2 I doubt I'd think like this now.

On the other hand I have a lot more appreciation for the Asuka and Kumiko moments. Things like Asuka giving Kumiko her euphonium, and Kumiko awkwardly going along with her goofy persona, Their friendship sure came a long way.

Seeing how much Haruka has grown and all the flashbacks with Mamiko teaching Kumiko as a kid have been great too. Especially how they tend to pop up when she's helping Hazuki get the ropes.
>>
>>151746382
I bet you loved ep 5.
>>
>>151746740
>Now a lot of her actions just feel like attempts to get the Taki cock
She literally went to a HS with a shit-tier band just to be with him, even though she could have went to any other. Her entire life is chasing the Takicock.
>>
>>151742296
Damn, Flip Flappers had so much potential, don't know why it suddenly moved away from what made it so good
>>
c91 hibike fanbook scan when?
>>
>>151747922
it still was good overall
>>
>>151742244
>It appears Hibike Euphonium S2 is the best anime of 2016

For you.
>>
File: 1483320387790.jpg (157KB, 937x586px) Image search: [Google]
1483320387790.jpg
157KB, 937x586px
>>151748013
>>
>>151742244

True lesbians.
>>
File: 081825912939.gif (2MB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
081825912939.gif
2MB, 500x525px
I'm glad they killed Reina as a character. the side characters made S2 great, better than another season of "kuudere trumpet girl: the animation"
>>
Broken Reina.
>>
>>151746540
Being about music is more than just having scenes with music. Each of the S1 scenes was the climax of an arc or episode; other than the first competition, in S2 they just happen in with no build up or significance.
>>
>>151748080
We still had to suffer nearly a whole episode and multiple other scenes of her dick lust so I can't say ruining her made much difference.
>>
Asuka'a sendoff was nice but hte oboe bits definitely felt like filler.
Wish it focused on the characters that actually need some focus - teacher and Reina, though I suppose the author is keeping that arc for the eventual finale of the series, if it ever happens.
>>
>>151747922
Did you not hear about the writer change
>>
It was kind of a stale season compared to S1
Couldn't give a fuck about Asuka or the oboe girl at all
>>
>>151742244
It's the only 10/10 I saw this year so yeah
>>
>>151742244
Really?

Is it worth watching if you weren't all that impressed with the first series? The DRAMA and yuri-baiting put me off S1.
>>
>>151749577
It's not. The drama is worse and they keep baiting when clearly this show isn't about romance
>>
>>151749577
It's definitely not worth it if you didn't like the first season. Nearly all of its strong points and payoff come from how it continues threads from S1.
>>
It was a pretty generic drama compared to the first season.

>>151749577
I wouldn't say its worth watching even if you did like the first season.
>>
>>151749608
>this show isn't about romance
So nothing happens with that boy either? I vaguely remember someone saying that in the books, there is a romance subplot with a trombone guy or something?

>>151749635
Yeah, doesn't sound like I will like it. Pity, the characters like >>151748080 do look cute.
>>
>>151746740
Back in S1 it was possible to put yourself in Kumiko's shoes and be swept away by Reina, but now it all seems so childish, which of course it was all along. It's very interesting writing
>>
>>151749685
Nothing with the boy either. MC starts dating him at the every end of the books, but in the show he may as well be a wall.

Although MC does "confess her love" to a girl who isn't the yuribait girl in the last ep. It's obviously not romantic but it is hilarious since none of the annoying shipfags got what they want.
>>
>>151749827
Thanks, you saved me the bother of watching it just to answer that question.
>>
>romance bait everywhere but nothing happens
EVEN IN CHUU2 there's at least the main characters dating, even if no kiss.
Most situations did nothing to the plot, and the fan service was just in your face (heard you liked Ribbon-Natsuki so here's a festival that had no fucking importance just because lol)

The drama in the first 4 episodes was absolute shit and I stopped after episode 6 because seriously, what the fuck was the scene with Kumiko going out in the storm for?

Nothing made sense and when it did, it was a fucking mess.
>>
How does this show compare to K-on? Is it as good?
>>
>>151749699
I liked that aspect of it and got fonder of Reina at the start of S2 when she and Kumiko started feeling like natural friends on the same level. Still there should have been a better way to disillusion her to Kumiko and us without making such a large part of her character muh sensei.
>>
File: 1469889087714.jpg (19KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1469889087714.jpg
19KB, 256x256px
>>151749968
K-On! is better, but I speak from a position of bias since its my favorite anime.
Hibike is good, but the characters (aside from maybe Kumiko) and visuals just can't compete with K-On!!

I'd say its more on the level of Tamako Market.
>>
>>151749968
Way better in my opinion, but it's a completely different genre for people with completely different taste
>>
>>151749968
It's different things. Hibike focuses more on drama while K-on focused more on comedy. But frankly, K-On is better because S2's Hibike is not as good as S1.
>>
File: Yoko.png (390KB, 747x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko.png
390KB, 747x1068px
girls with the only purpose of getting/wanting a specific non-MC dick are the worst
>>
>>151750476
Shut up self insert
>>
File: 1482334420869.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482334420869.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>151746740
>If they'd even just made more of an attempt to show Reina's feelings coming from admiration and respect in S2 I doubt I'd think like this now.
What I don't understand is that they changed Reina's flashback in a way that made the origins of her crush seem more shallow.

In the book (volume 4) loli Reina comes home gloomy after being chided by her schoolmate, like in the show, but when she gets home her father is there meeting Taki, and they see that she's sad, so he and Taki play a tune to cheer her up. It directly correlates her attraction to him with her love of music from the outset. In the anime she just saw him through the door and got wet from his looks as he smiled at her.

This change goes hand in hand with how, through most of her scenes in S2, she's just creaming herself over Taki and her musical ambitions barely get a mention.

I did like the second flashback though, which was anime original and did have more to do with music.

It's really annoying. Her musical ambitions and desire to be different were such a big aspect of her character in S1. I'm not convinced by excuse of the difference in S2 being because Kumiko is more used to her and less entranced by her as she goes on to be distracted by other dramas. It's not a matter of Kumiko's perception of her, Reina was DOING those things before, and suddenly she stopped.
>>
>>151750669
I feel like at least with the directing in the show, part of it is supposed to be Kumiko losing her shoujo vision of Reina and seeing she's being a silly girl in love. It's visible in both the difference between the S1/S2 mountain scenes and Kumiko's reactions to Reina around Taki in general. Like that scene where Reina wets herself from him touching her hand.

Disillusionment to one's inspiration feels like a common thing in Eupho. Kumiko idolized her sister and felt betrayed when she quit. Kumiko lost some of the awe she looked at Reina with when they got closer. Haruka was reliant on Asuka and wanted her to remain the image of perfection in her eyes, but had to get past that to come into her own. Then conversely you have Kumiko seeing the real Asuka and actually becoming more inspired because of it.
Or maybe it's just a natural result of multiple characters being humanized and I'm pulling this out my ass. Anyway.

That said I agree that's not all that's going on. The changes from the books are plain bad and confusing, the fact that this part was drawn out alone is bad, a lot of what made up Reina beforehand is gone and she doesn't reach any satisfying conclusion from the whole situation. It sucks.
>>
>>151742244
Honestly both S1 and S2 left me with the feeling that only having 13 episodes each kind of made the show feel rushed, or at least made certain arcs feel rushed. I have no idea if having 24-26 episodes would've made it drag on too much or what the source is like since I only watched the anime, but the "drama" that appears to have the goal of driving character growth is spun up and then back down so quickly that it feels almost episodic and worthless, all but a few characters end up looking like background filler to me. For instance in S2, what real relevance did the oboe part have to the rest? The beginning of S2 could've been pretty much anything else as far as I can tell without changing the ending, it didn't really build off of that, it was just sort of there and then the show moved on to something else.

I'm not saying an episodic format is necessarily bad or anything, but with a show like this which is in essence character-driven (since the plot is so extremely straightforward it's just an excuse) making arcs extremely short doesn't actually flesh out most characters all too well, not to mention just dropping them after the minimal development they receive and then jumping straight to another characters makes it feel like filler. Kumiko is the only one who gets some legit growth and development, which makes sense of course, but I don't know if almost every other character is actually supposed to be a prop she just bounces off of or if it's a consequence of having very short seasons.
>>
File: 1469833783440.jpg (426KB, 1280x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1469833783440.jpg
426KB, 1280x3600px
>>151750669
>>151751394
At this point I'm just deluding myself into believing this scene is meta-foreshadowing a movie or S3 about Reina
>>
>>151751631
Eh, maybe, what with Kumiko deciding she didn't want to end up having regrets, the show itself ends with her saying that she kinda does. Maybe they're just leaving themselves an opening basically, just in case they ever decide to make something else.
>>
>>151751631
>>151751910
I got the impression that just was about Asuka. She mentions the third years leaving right before that and then spends the whole ep depressed about her.
>>
>>151746288
No, it was never about music.
>>
>>151752096
That's what it's about from Kumiko's perspective, but I just keep thinking about the final shot of Reina's blank face
>>
>>151752242
Oh I see. Kumiko's face being illuminated while Reina's isn't adds to that feeling too.
>>
>>151751394
I think what you're saying is right, especially with disillusionment being a theme of Hibike. It's just if they really wanted to drive that point, then they would have Kumiko reflect on how her view of those aspects of Reina has changed, or they would at least show us Reina more starkly, objectively, rather than that whole aspect of her character just disappearing from the show almost entirely.

Maybe if they had more time they would have handled it better. S1 was the first volume expanded quite a lot. Kumiko's scenes with and perception of Reina were made even more extreme, (ie yuribaiting) her attempts to make up with her in the first few episodes were an original addition. So obviously season 2 adapting 2 volumes in 1 cour was a hindrance. 2 cours might have been too much for season 2 though, it sort of needs to be 1.5 cour, if that was ever a thing.

S2 is likely also hindered by not only the sequel novels not allowing a smooth transition from the changes KyoAni had made for S1, (full disclosure, I've not read the books, just descriptions of them), but it also seems that whatever impression vol 1 leaves, S1 leaves the impression that at its core, Hibike Euphonium is about Kumiko and Reina, so when vol 2 is about Kumiko's attention being almost entirely taken up by other characters, it feels weird when S2 follows suit. It's the reason so many tumblrites and yurifags and even us are so thrown out of joint by it.
>>
>>151742244
OP pic made my dick hard. Thanks OP.
>>
File: 1476200534750.png (932KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476200534750.png
932KB, 1200x960px
>>151752686
>>
>>151752790
Now the tension is ruined.
>>
>>151752848
No
>>
>>151742244
So does the LN end where the anime ended too or does it go past it?
>>
File: 1482871778618.png (2MB, 1367x897px) Image search: [Google]
1482871778618.png
2MB, 1367x897px
>>151752890
>>
File: mob a cute.jpg (65KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mob a cute.jpg
65KB, 800x1000px
>>151742244
only if you're a moefag . i fucking hate moeshit and mob psycho 100 was the best anime for this year ! mob a cute! A CUTE!!!! tho
>>
>>151751631

So Ambiguousâ„¢
>>
>>151749577
It is better than first season.
>>
>>151751508
The storylines are very hit or miss, but I wouldn't put it all down to not enough time. Some didn't give any sign they were being handled well regardless of time.

No one par Kumiko gives the feeling they came full circle by the end of their story, but you at least come to understand them better and see them move in a better direction. Their growth isn't complete or perfect, but I think that adds to the realism of the characters and situations, and that you're seeing things via Kumiko. If anything part of the reason oboe arc sucked so much was because it was too clean cut and solved "perfectly". She got her friend back and plays not robotically now. Wow.

And you're calling them short and episodic, but a lot of them are spread through both seasons and only get an "arc" as climax. Not to mention a lot of support characters, who while not having proper drama, still have enough screentime to get across what kind of person they are and what they care about. The way I saw it it's a story about Kumiko, and the club, and the atmosphere of the club. While the focus on individual characters is short, a lot is told with the use of the whole group
>>
>>151753213
What did you mean by this?
>>
File: 1478789609385.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478789609385.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>151746288
>wasn't this about music once
that's like saying keijo is about sport.

the setting is a highschool music band but it's a drama show. cmon anon you could have thought about this by yourself
>>
>>151752136
I was an orchestra and string ensemble kid, and I can confirm that it was totally about music.
>>
>>151753694
Music is the source of the drama, and it's the impetus for the drama to get resolved. There's loads of scenes and dialogue that are straight up exactly what it's like to be in a musical ensemble.
>>
>>151751394
>>151752458
The last "shoujo vision" scene that Kumiko has is the fireworks scene, where she has the monologue explicitly saying "this time can't last", so there's definitely something there
>>
So this is the end right? I'm not familiar with the source material.
>>
>reaching this hard

God you guys are pathetic. The lack of your yuribait ship really left you so unsatisfied. Maybe Kyoani will throw you a bone and bait you for one last time.
>>
>>151753337
I said the show could've used more time, not that it was utter shit, so I'm not saying the characterization is so poor that you don't get to know what the characters are like at all across 2 seasons, but a lot of them end up feeling quite one-dimensional. That's not that great in a show which is almost entirely character-driven. There's good stuff there too, which is why I said it felt rushed, rather than saying it was bad straight-up. Even what I'd consider an important point in S2, which was also pretty clearly foreshadowed earlier in the season, like Reina's anger towards Kumiko is all handled in a single episode and the actual resolution scene is a few minutes of that episode. Reina was so angry that she avoided Kumiko, her best fried who she declared her "love" to, for days, but all she actually wanted was to exchange a few phrases with her? That looked rushed to me, it was an important plot point for both Kumiko and Reina, but it was handled very quickly and not in a way that seemed to make a lot of sense considering how their friendship was portrayed before.
>>
>>151742244
>tfw you'll never hug a girl like Hibike or Reina and play with their soft bodies
>>
>>151742244
>Kyoani wins AOTY in 2015 and 2016

Why is this allowed
>>
>>151754276
>people actually analyzing the show
>randomly start yelling about yuribait
every time
>>
>>151754437

Yeah bruh, keep grasping them straws. ASfags and MALfags practically run these threads anyway.
>>
>>151754276
>main bulk of the depiction of their relationship isn't justified by the way it concludes
How is that pathetic reaching? Anyone who wants a show they've enjoyed to make sense and come to a satisfying conclusion would be left dissatisfied by it regardless of being baited by yuri

Even disregarding Kumiko and Reina's yuribaiting, the complete lack of reflection from Reina in the finale over her enduring crush on Taki, the difficulties brought from the knowledge of his dead wife, and the fact she even confessed twice at the nationals was unsatisfying too
>>
>>151742244
No, that would be Sakamoto.
>>
>>151754374
>a girl like Hibike
>>
>>151746347
Stay butthurt yuricuck.
Your tears and anguish make everyone with taste happier.
>>
>>151754729
If it makes you happier, then why complain about it being discussed?
Or are you saying you actually don't have taste...
>>
>>151754622
Reina's reflection came in episode 11 retard. Watch the show again.
>>
>>151742244
It's close, if only there was a kiss between Kumiko and Shuuichi, and Reina and Taki-sensei.
Then it would be AOTY.
We got pretty close to that so I'll give it that, plus it literally caused massive amounts of yuriscum to kill themselves.
>>
>>151754809
She reflected on something she hadn't even done yet? Wow I guess I should watch it again, I completely missed that Reina had time travel powers, I thought this show was about music
>>
>>151754882
You are honestly very stupid.
>>
>>151754954
You honestly just sound like an angry shipper
>>
Reina is so sexy in that picture
>>
>>151753090
Who's the girl with the big wavy hair at the bottom of the sequel novel?
>>
>>151742244
It would be if it wasnt S2, so title goes to Yuri on Ice
>>
>>151753337
>The way I saw it it's a story about Kumiko, and the club, and the atmosphere of the club.
That's how I see it too. Think of the sax girl who dropped out in season 1. Why was she in the story at all? It was for Kumiko's sake, to present the possibility of giving up.
Almost all the arcs were really not about the characters but about building up some type of theme, like how Kumiko's sister and Asuka's stories were linked even though their only connection was being people Kumiko knows. The theme of both was pursuing your dreams even when reality gets in the way, or something like that. It wasn't about giving them characterization. This isn't a waifu show, that isn't needed.
That might be why the oboe arc felt like filler. I'm not sure what the point of it was or how it related to Kumiko's personal concerns.
>>
>>151752890
LN author confirmed to write more for Kumiko`s 2nd and 3rd year of school. So more anime possible, but not soon.
>>
>>151742244
>this is what kyoanifags believe
Konosuba and flip flap were better by far.
>>
>>151755824
Konosuba maybe, but flip flap jumped the shark
>>
>>151754332
And I'm saying I don't think the lack of time was an issue. Most of the storylines I considered bad in the show(oboe and Reina in particular)were simply poorly handled. It's different from characters like Haruka, who while they didn't get much time and may have benefited from it, still had good development.
Something being character driven also doesn't mean every character has to be well developed. How they're used in relation to the story, themes and other characters is a big part of it too. Even someone like Kaori who was small in the scale of things had her moments of payoff. Personally I think Eupho had a cast that suit it with a good blend of memorable and unmemorable characters that worked well together, even if individually they may not be remarkable. Sadly some of the ones with more screentime(and advertising)didn't exactly turn out better, but the good and bad balanced out well enough.

The Reina thing could have been a big issue and taken up more time if they wanted it to, but there's no guarantee it would have been better for it. Considering how the conflict was just Kumiko not telling her about Taki's wife and it was a misunderstanding that was easy to clear up, it got more than enough time. Even here I thought it was a matter of the time it was given not being used in the best way. Had they decided to treat it as a crack in the trust of their relationship then yeah, it would have needed more focus, but they didn't. Cutting it altogether might even have been better.
>>
>>151755686
>That might be why the oboe arc felt like filler. I'm not sure what the point of it was or how it related to Kumiko's personal concerns.
Its biggest contribution was that it laid ground for Asuka's analysis of Kumiko later in the show about her observing and being interested in the various dramas but being too spineless to really interfere.
>>
>>151755824
Its so boring when there is no contester to KyoAni dominance for proper studio war and show contest. KyoAni this season dominated so strongly there is simply no chance for others. Shaft cries in the corner and is generally forgotten. The only other contester had big production issues. Thus the only trolls comming to try to bait KyoAni are apathetic and not believing their own cause, weakly trying to bait with the likes of Flip Floppers or Deenosuba.

Next season seems to be like that as well, with KyoAni dominating. Trigger is there as a challenger, but LWA will die in few episodes when novelty is gone and it exposes itself as boring when made into full length TV show.
>>
>>151756089
Maid Dragon feels like another of KyoAni's fluff projects like Amagi Brilliant Park and Musaigen no Phantom World, fun enough but fairly light, not meaty like Hibike Euphonium.

I'm looking forward to LWA, but my interested is more fuelled by seeing if they can pull it off, you're right that there's a risk it'll expose itself as boring, I've long contended that while LWA was competently cute, it's main appeal was in the animation, which a TV series won't be able to match. But I'm really hoping they manage to prove me wrong, both in terms of the animation holding its own and the stories and characters being compelling and engaging. The second film was a bit of a misfire and I'm hoping they've learned from it.
>>
>>151756436
People just loved the idea of "Harry Potter with cute anime girls"more than what it actually was, which wasn't much. Of course the TV series will have more time to make the characters actually likeable and have some real stories, but we'll see
>>
>>151755927
I guess that's true. It sets up for when Kumiko has that shouting confrontation with Asuka near the end. So it served some purpose. It just took so many episodes.
>>
>>151756709
It further cements Asuka's characterisation as a cynic too, what with how she deals with the drama. The real issue is that all the other story arcs are keeping many more balls in the air.
>>
>>151742244
This Show was not the best one
>>
>>151757469
Nani
>>
>>151753109
You're either a fujo or a literal faggot, good to know
Shit taste btw, ONEshit's ugly garbage
>>
>>151757497
>Nani
Whats up with Nani? I know hes a good Football Player but he cant win aganist Barca or Madrid
>>
>>151755901
The issue is that KyoAni decided book 2 was only worth 5 episodes and they were in a hurry to get to book 3 where the spent 2/3 of the show with.
>>
>>151754332
Iy wasnt rushed because its exactly as the novel portrayed. They just talked it out. The b part of episode 11 is anime original.
>>
>>151756709
That was entire book by the way. Nozomi and Mizore and Kansai are the plot of book 2. Asuka is the focus of book 3 with Mamiko thrown in for parallelism and Kumiko development.
>>
>>151742244
>Hibike Euphonium S2 is the best anime of 2016
Correct.
>>

Maybe in a world where Yuri on Ice didn't come out in 2016.
>>
>>151746288
Well I mean if you're willing to hear the same piece over and over again through multiple competitions and practice scenes. I guess they just thought that they could spare us some repetitiveness and leave it to the awards to grab our attention. Personally I was just as nervous as I was for the other competitions without the music at nationals.
>>
File: a'sOfficialAndObjectiveAOTY's.jpg (978KB, 3431x982px) Image search: [Google]
a'sOfficialAndObjectiveAOTY's.jpg
978KB, 3431x982px
>>151742244
Officially and objectively true.
>>
>>151758265
Homos/fujos pls go kill and stay.
>>
A Year without Hibike is a good Year because /u/ will stay in their Board
>>
>>151758265
Didn't Yuri on Ice have a disappointing ending? I noticed its MAL score plummeted after it finished
>>
>>151758519
It looks like the yurifag vs. hetfag war is now continuing in LWA threads.
>>
>>151755901
>And I'm saying I don't think the lack of time was an issue.
I guess that's possible, since I haven't read the source and I'm just talking about the anime it could very well be the case.

I don't see how the Reina issue could be handled as a "misunderstanding" since Kumiko definitely acted deliberately and definitely was aware Reina would've liked to know. I guess that's not necessarily such a big deal, if Kumiko weren't Reina's only close enough friend to actually know the truth. I was surprised to see Reina almost not give a shit about Kumiko reciprocating with dishonesty, basically. She got the most stale platitude in the book ("Sorry, I didn't want to hurt you") and that was apparently more than sufficient for her. It seemed to me that Reina wasn't even actually angry, she cared more about having somebody to vent at about Taki, which in turn kind of trivialized all the focus their friendship got, especially in S1. If this wasn't rushed and was instead presented accurately I guess it must not have been done very well in the source either.

One thing the show got right though was the tense atmosphere and the jitters before a competition or while waiting for results. It really reminded me of competitions I took part in. I don't know why, but it really got the feeling through very well.
>>
File: 1482916560303.jpg (165KB, 1761x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1482916560303.jpg
165KB, 1761x1253px
Full image when?
>>
>>151742244
I think Koe no Katachi or Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni will blow it out of the water.
>>
>>151759627
What is this from?
>>
>>151749942
>what the fuck was the scene with Kumiko going out in the storm for?
There was DRAMA going on in her house and she wanted to get away from it for awhile?
>>
I give it 8/10 when the bait is just a bait
>>
File: sweaty ribbons.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty ribbons.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
It was ok. S2 was a little unfocused.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.