[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>longs for affection and love >steps on all her love letters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 78

File: Asuka 245.jpg (45KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka 245.jpg
45KB, 604x340px
>longs for affection and love
>steps on all her love letters at school
>ditches her date for being "boring"
>decides to go home and kiss Shinji

What was she thinking here?
>>
>longs for affection and love from Shinji
ftfy
>>
>>151741657
Wait, I thought she hated Shinji?
>>
>>151741703
This guy
>>
>>151741944
?
>>
>>151741703
Do you also think that Araragi "walked crab home" gently?
>>
>>151742061
Sorry, I don't get the analogy.
>>
>>151742100
Must be new here.
>>
>>151742100
Lurk more.
>>
She's antisocial and longs for it from certain people. Kaji and Shinji are those people and neither give her what she craves. Basically she wants what she can't have.
>>
>>151742183
>>151742236
Or maybe I didn't bother to watch that anime, perhaps? wew lad
>>
>>151742691
You haven't watched Monogatari?

>wew lad
gb2 where you came from.
>>
>>151741572
She wants to be validated. The boys at school neither have status nor age, so they can't validate her.
Kaji is the ultimate player and Asuka knew him for quite some time before NGE.
He is an adult and a womanizer, therefore her number one target for validation as an adult.
Shinji is the substitution if Kaji isn't around.
Shinji doesn't have age, but as pilot, he has status. He got relevant to her "interest" as soon as Misato established him as equal to her by letting both live with her.
>>
File: ararararagi.jpg (27KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
ararararagi.jpg
27KB, 225x350px
>>151742780
Pretty on point desu
>>151742691
Maybe you should. At least first season is interesting enough to not drop it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP69zYnelKs
>>
>>151742723
I'm very picky

>gb2 where you came from.

/pol/ and /v/ actually
>>
File: 1483143034149.png (164KB, 517x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483143034149.png
164KB, 517x480px
>>151742900
>/pol/ and /v/ actually
You need to go back, right now.
>>
>>151741572
She wanted the dick, but Shinji got no time for sluts, so she mad.
>>
File: Hope.jpg (336KB, 969x1172px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.jpg
336KB, 969x1172px
>>151742900
This is some quality bait.
>>
>>151742912
>redditor

maybe its you that has to go back
>>
>>151742780
To add onto this, she gets a huge complex when Shinji denies her later on because she feels as if she's not good enough for Shinji, despite not having a very high opinion of him herself.

She just wanted to be held during their kiss.
>>
File: 1474088249779 copy.png (214KB, 417x578px) Image search: [Google]
1474088249779 copy.png
214KB, 417x578px
>>151743051
Who're you even quoting, my dude?
>>
>>151743065
>she feels as if she's not good enough for Shinji
she's right too
>>
>>151743081
the only ones that get triggered by /pol/acks are normalfags, you have to go back
>>
>>151743102
/pol/fags are the most annoying shitposters around
>>>/containment/
>>
>>151743065
>>151743098
Is this why she has a huge attitude problem the following episodes after the failed kiss? She even gives the silent treatment when she realizes she's talking to him.

I don't get it too, she's acting like an angry ex girlfriend, when they never really dated. It was just a crush.
>>
>>151743142
How's the weather in Tel Aviv, rabbi?
>>
>>151743146
Asuka has all sorts of emotional issues, to the point of borderline mental illness.
>>
>>151743146
Pretty much. But from Asukas perspective she gave Shinji her first kiss, it was a big deal for her despite how she did it all casually. But he didn't even hold her, or show any sign of affection whatsoever.
>>
>>151743182
hush goyim
>>
>>151743276
>>151743212
And all of this was just to make herself feel good because Misato was spending the night with "her Kaji-san"

i guess she got what she deserved for emotionally manipulating people.
>>
>>151742900
>/pol/ and /v/
Jesus fucking christ get out. someone get a flame thrower on this parasite before it spreads.
>>
File: 1436410728826.jpg (63KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1436410728826.jpg
63KB, 768x768px
>>151743371
Well that's a really simplistic way to look at it, though it's not surprising that this is the conclusion you've come to considering the boards you browse.

Asukas childhood was nothing short of traumatic, and as such she has a whole lot self esteem issues that most people would need serious therapy to heal from. She is not being a jealous brat who's mad that someone stole her crush of the week away, Kaiji denying her over and over again was like being stabbed in the gut, and Misato "winning" Kaiji over only twisted the knife.

Her kiss with Shinji wasn't done out of emotional manipulation, but rather desperation. She hasn't felt like she was loved in the longest time, and yet Shinj acted pretty distant from her.

You're probably thinking "But how can she not feel loved if all those guys confessed to her?". That's because Asuka knows they only like her for surface level reasons such as her looks. Kaiji and Shinji actually know her as a person.

But in the end both Kaiji and Shinji distanced themselves from her, which was a a devastating blow to Asuka. It's not something to be applauded, it's tragic.
>>
>>151743601
>Well that's a really simplistic way to look at it, though it's not surprising that this is the conclusion you've come to considering the boards you browse.

Other than the fact that /v/ and /pol/ has a lust for shitposting and is quite cynical (with /v/ believing all vidya is shit for example). Not sure what that has to do with the post.

>Asukas childhood was nothing short of traumatic, and as such she has a whole lot self esteem issues that most people would need serious therapy to heal from. She is not being a jealous brat who's mad that someone stole her crush of the week away, Kaiji denying her over and over again was like being stabbed in the gut, and Misato "winning" Kaiji over only twisted the knife.

Well Asuka still treated Kaji the same way, despite him constantly friend-zoning her.

>Her kiss with Shinji wasn't done out of emotional manipulation, but rather desperation. She hasn't felt like she was loved in the longest time, and yet Shinj acted pretty distant from her.

Well she did mock him about the anniversary of the death of his mother, she forced him into doing it.

In any event, she's a very complex character.
>>
File: 1460335927398.jpg (72KB, 720x711px) Image search: [Google]
1460335927398.jpg
72KB, 720x711px
>>151743601
well said anon. This is why I just want to hold her and tell hey everything is going to be ok...
>>
>>151742780
here, >>151743065 is not me.
the first part is correct, the second part not really.
She does the kiss because it's what adults do, and what she thinks Misato and Kaji are doing right now.
The kiss, again, is about being validated as an adult. She does not seek true affection from Shinji, at least not in this scene.
>>
>>151745080
Well based on what Asuka herself stated during her mind rape, she was looking for something with Shinji.
>>
>>151743212
she has histrionic personality disorder
>>151743276
It wasn't and she doesn't care for his affection.
I'm referring you to this
>>151745080

>>151745120
Shinji barely appears in the mindrape scene, only once in relation to Kaji, what are you talking about specifically?
>>
>>151745120
She was definitely looking for affection, but not in the romantic sense. I don't think that >>151743601 meant it that way.
>>
>>151745205
>>151745178
So Asuka wasn't in love with Shinji? Alright that makes sense now.
>>
>>151743601
Pretty wrong overall. Shinji might know her as a person, but he is only sexually interested in her.
She turned all those guys down because they can not validate her as an adult.
She probably has a genuine teenage schoolgirl crush on Kaji but that's about it.

Watch the kiss scene again. She doesn't even look like she's mentally there when she asks Shinji if he wants to kiss. She doesn't seek his affection.
She only thinks about what Misato and Kaji are doing in that moment and how she can't have it.
Shinji is just there and can serve as substitute, and fails miserably.
>>
>>151745291
Of course not. What are you,stupid?
>>
>>151745406
Well Asuka does get jealous of Shinji's closeness with Rei.
>>
>>151745612
That's because it's the closeness she yearns to have with Kaji. She wants to be loved.
>>
>>151745612
Not really. If you're referring to the scene at the train station, that's just another instance where she thinks she has lost since Shinji prefers to talk to the first child instead to her.

She doesn't really give a shit at this point anyway because she's basically already broken.

>>151745698
She wants to be validated, not to be loved.
The affection she seeks is a one way street, she hates other human beings.
>>
It's really hard to understand, you can just say that she was attracted to Shinji for some strange reason and seeking connection through the kiss or you could say that she's a complete slut like Misato and wanted to feel needed through sex (kiss being a socially acceptable form of sex). Considering Shinji's presence in her mind rape sequence, I'd say that she wanted true affection from him, not the surface validation. She wants Shinji to act like a man, like Kaji, but he always miserably fails at this since he's a terrible human being (as everyone else is). Notice how warmly she reacts to Shinji being a true knight when he saves her from volcano, how she encourages him to act manly against Misato and all. This is so complex it can be answered only by person's perception. Personally the feel of them being that freaky couple haven't left me since the moment Asuka was introduced, but whatever. They can be very good if they manage to connect, however, remember episode 9.
>>
>>151745832
No, the point of that scene is a completely different one.
You're referring to Shinjis hell train scene during the beginning of instrumentality.
Watch it again, what she wanted to get across is that Shinji doesn't want the whole package because he can't handle her. He only wants her body. She doesn't want to be validated as a body, she wants to be validated as an individual.
That's also why your shot in question cuts off her head.
>>
>>151745748
Well she does state during pre-Instrumentality

"I know all about your little jerk-off fantasies about me. Go ahead, and do it like you always do... I'll even stand here and watch you. But... if I can't have you all to myself, then I don't want ANYTHING from you."
>>
>>151745922
Well, she wants him to love all over her, not just sexual thoughts.
>>
>>151745929
read
>>151745922

Watch the whole scene again.
She doesn't even give a shit about Shinji as validation tool at this point any more since she found her inner light and AT field at this point.
>>
>>151745948
No, she doesn't want him at all. She never did. She wants his respect though, and maybe his friendship after instrumentality since they finally understand each other.
>>
>>151745950
Then why did she say that his rejection of her was hurt her?

"All you ever ever do is hurt me"
>>
Worst thread on /a/ all year.
>>
>>151745823
You didn't understand the characters.
Misato and Asuka are polar opposites.
Misato wants a two way street regarding affection and represents human unity.
Asuka only wants a one way street and represents the ultimate desire for isolation.
She doesn't react warmly to Shinji saving her either, it in fact bothers her so much that she has to get even with him no matter what later because she doesn't want to be number two.
She encourages Shinji to speak up because she hates his faggoty passive attitude.

>>151745988
because >>151745922
>>
Everybody's so wrong ITT it's painful
>>151746033
this
>>
Reminder that this happened

Both men she gave a fuck about laying in front of her.
She doesn't need them any more.
>>
>>151746070
>the ultimate desire for isolation
>"I don't wanna be alone!"
>"This isn't real me!"
Haven's seen anyone who misunderstood the character this much in years
>>
>>151746103
Her mother left her alone. Her father left her alone. Her stepmother left her alone.
She literally says she wants to grow up fast so she doesn't need anyone. She complains multiple times how she has no privacy. She hates living with Misato and Shinji in that tiny flat.
What you mean is her inner desire that she hates, but not how she behaves. Watch the mindrape scene again, it's explained there.

That's her inner struggle. She doesn't want to need anyone but in truth she does.
That's also why the scene in EoE is the ultimate revelation to her. With the AT field, she can shut everyone out when she needs to, but with her mother as her guiding light, she doesn't need to ever be alone.
>>
>>151746169
>What you mean is her inner desire that she hates, but not how she behaves
Main struggle of Eva characters is that they subconsciously want to feel connected to others but are afraid of rejection and abandonment, as they were rejected and abandoned previously by the most important people in their lives and know what kind of pain it is. The ability to accept this pain and start to form connections/open up to people is the ultimate goal of Eva's hedgehogs
Asuka's struggle was to accept her inner self, not her surface that she built to push people away. Watch the mind rape sequence again, the doll tells her that she's lying, and she still isn't ready to accept it.
>with her mother as her guiding light
Literally what
>That's also why the scene in EoE is the ultimate revelation to her. With the AT field, she can shut everyone out when she needs to
She was able to do it before and literally did only this. Her "ultimate revelation" is her ability to "lower" her AT field and accept others when she needs to, like normal human being, who accepts the pain of close relationship
>>
>>151746169
lmao i thought it was bait but >>151746103 was right about you
>>
Pretty good thread, wasn't expecting quality posting from the OP.
>>
>>151746323
I fully agree with the first part, I didn't mean it any other way. Maybe I'm just terrible at writing, English isn't my native language.
>Literally what
to quote from that scene:
"Mama, I understand what the AT field is! You're protecting me!"

Here, she discovers two things: first, that her mother is always watching over her and protecting her and consequently will act as a constant “source of light” for the attention that she requires so desperately, and second, that the A.T. Field is in fact what separates the walls of human hearts. But instead of replying in a negative manner in the way that Kaworu did in episode twenty-four or in the way that Shinji did at first, Asuka is overjoyed at the news.
She has her A.T. Field. She has no need of anyone else, because she, her inner self, will always be protected by an impenetrable barrier. To Asuka, who represents the true extreme of human isolation, the A.T. Field is more than a blessing. Instrumentality, by contrast, would be the greatest curse that Asuka could experience.
>>
>>151745823
Are you saying what I suspect you're saying? That she was the only person who saw potential in him and wanted his to grow as a human being?
>>
>>151746423
well that would be a super stupid thing to say
>>
>>151746423
>>151745823
In a way, it's normal for women to get bothered by men having insecure and emasculated behavior, I can't blame Asuka for this.
>>
>>151746514
She is literally just pissed at him because he behaves like a beta bitch.
That's literally it.
>>
>>151746071
Agreed. Nobody has even mentioned the facts that he is the closest thing to her equal, performed a near-suicidal act to save her life in the volcano, has always been there, if distantly, for her, and at times has given the impression that he really does care for her deeply.

Each of them is really the only one, aside from their mothers, who could heal the other. Their failure to understand each other, or to find the courage to tell each other how they feel, is part of the tragedy that is Eva.
>>
>>151746530
That's literally what I said though
>>
>>151746548
And I literally agree with you anon :3

>>151746539
You didn't get the point of NGE at all.
They can't heal each other, they can only heal themselves.
“How can you love others if you never even learned to love yourself?”

And once they managed to do that they can start maaaybeeee loving each other.
Which is why EoE is such a happy ending. Shinji and Asuka could finally get along.
>>
>>151746412
Now that makes a bit more sense, but what you're saying is that Asuka now decides to be alone forever? Her mother guiding her and watching over her is some magic fairy tale, the metaphor of Evangelions is that their abandonment by children means rejection of the "return to the womb" and acceptance of the real life, being independent from their mothers and ready to accept the "significant other" to their heart. She always rejected others because she was afraid, a child who wanted to be loved, but was scared of love. Her further following of isolation completely opposes Eva's message. But I guess everyone finds something for themselves in Eva, it's not a bad theory, despite the fact that it also opposes Asuka's analysis in mind rape and episode 25
>>
>>151746539
>Each of them is really the only one, aside from their mothers, who could heal the other.
hhhhot
>>
>>151746539
>Their failure to understand each other, or to find the courage to tell each other how they feel, is part of the tragedy that is Eva
this, but not everything previous, we're demonstrated through them the tragedy of hedgehogs
>>151746599
>They can't heal each other, they can only heal themselves. And once they managed to do that they can start maaaybeeee loving each other. Which is why EoE is such a happy ending. Shinji and Asuka could finally get along.
this
>>
>>151746638
>Now that makes a bit more sense, but what you're saying is that Asuka now decides to be alone forever?
Noooooooo
I must be terrible at expressing myself.
> the metaphor of Evangelions is that their abandonment by children means rejection of the "return to the womb" and acceptance of the real life
Yes this is also right, which is why she promptly got punished for having her revelation in her EVA, i.e. getting killed right after.

Where I want to go with my theory is that she indeed is now able to accept other human beings.
At the end of EoE she even understands Shinji and they might be finally able to get along.

What her inner AT field means imo is that she doesn't need to "act" any more. She doesn't need to literally isolate herself like she did during the entirety of NGE. She can now open up to others because her most private feelings are protected anyway.

TL;DR: She doesn't need to isolate herself any more because her most private things are protected by her AT field.

Anon I think we arrive at the same conclusion with entirely different explanations.
>>
>>151746747
Yes, now I understand you, you needed to get straight to the point, good job
>>
>>151746806
We did it!
おめでとう!
>>
File: katsura omedetou.png (815KB, 1015x764px) Image search: [Google]
katsura omedetou.png
815KB, 1015x764px
>>151746848
>>
>>151746412
>Mama, I understand what the AT field is! You're protecting me!
in addition to completely misunderstanding asuka's character, you've completely misunderstood what she meant in this scene as well
she's literally talking about how her mother's soul is powering the eva
>>
>>151747002
Nope, you're just wrong on that one. She also realised this yes, but that's completely besides the point in that scene and is confirmed by all instrumentality scenes involving her after.
>>
>>151747022
no you're definitely wrong with your whole theory. and i'm pretty sure nobody realizes what the AT fields actually are until instrumentality. shinji was the only person who heard kaworu and he didn't even understand at the time
>confirmed by all instrumentality scenes involving her after
not even close
>>
File: Eva-01_berserk_howl.png (155KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Eva-01_berserk_howl.png
155KB, 720x480px
I'm not saying that Eva fans are like the characters, but fuck me Eva fans are like the characters.
>>
>>151747178
If you would be right, she would have another mental breakdown because her mother just fucking died, but she was determined and confident throughout all the scenes during instrumentality.
>i'm pretty sure
You're wrong m8.
She directly states that she understands what her AT field is before the fight, what are you even on about? It isn't even revisited during instrumentality because SHE FUCKING KNOWS now.
>>
>>151741572
not the love she wanted
>>
>>151747207
Yeah no shit, you can't really enjoy NGE if you can't relate to the characters on some level.
The anime is made for those people after all, they are the target audience.
>>
>>151747250
>You're wrong m8
>She directly states that she understands what her AT field is before the fight
like i've already said, she's literally talking about how her mother's soul is powering the EVA unit. in this context, she means the AT field her EVA produces for combat
>>
>>151747328
Explain to me why it's never mentioned again after that then.
Let's humour your version for a moment. She perceives this moment to be her revelation, her salvation. Her EVA is destroyed 10 minutes after or something, now she lost this moment and all her hope.
Why doesn't she give a fuck about that in instrumentality?

You can't explain this because you're wrong, but please try anyway.
>>
>>151747280
Nothing wrong, never meant to imply it was.
>>
File: 1482850650229.jpg (30KB, 520x395px) Image search: [Google]
1482850650229.jpg
30KB, 520x395px
>>151742900
>/pol/ and /v/
>>
File: 1480397048021.png (84KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480397048021.png
84KB, 300x300px
Why didn't he bang Asuka instead?
>>
>>151747761
She wouldn't let him and he's a beta anyway.
>>
>>151742723
Watched one episode and didn't have any interest in seeing anymore. Seemed weird and like it wouldn't have widespread appeal, but fans of the show on /a/ act like its Dragon Ball or Fate. One anon on here said its more popular than Fate; not even in 2006.
>>
>>151747820
Well it is like DB and Fate in the sense that it's overrated shit.
>>
File: asuka_trash.jpg (231KB, 680x697px) Image search: [Google]
asuka_trash.jpg
231KB, 680x697px
>>
>>151747867
Ye, Shikinami definitely belongs there.

I'm going to marry Asuka Langley Soryu though!
>>
File: 1481819430033.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481819430033.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>151747867
And we were having such a good thread, until this faggot showed up.
>>151747820
I just found that show uncanny after 2 episodes, can't exactly point out why, might be something on a subconscious level.
>>
>>151747381
>Explain to me why it's never mentioned again after that then
what the hell are you even talking about?
>Let's humour your version for a moment. She perceives this moment to be her revelation, her salvation
that's not my delusional version, that's yours?
>Why doesn't she give a fuck about that in instrumentality?
again what are you even talking about? you realize we see instrumentality from mainly shinji's perspective right? the bits we do see that may actually involve asuka are where she's telling shinji off (ironically, where she's projecting and possibly the foundation of any instrumentality epiphanies she may have)

your theory that she figures overcomes all her personal issues and somehow figures out the truth behind AT fields BEFORE instrumentality is ridiculous
>>
>>151747949
>your theory that she figures overcomes all her personal issues and somehow figures out the truth behind AT fields BEFORE instrumentality is ridiculous
No it isn't, it's exactly what's shown and told on screen and how it is perceived during instrumentality.
Get your denial out of here or make an effort to prove otherwise.
But you can't anyway so telling you to do so is entirely redundant.
>>
>>151747997
>No it isn't, it's exactly what's shown
i've already explained why you're wrong
>get your denial out of here
>but you can't anyway
embarrassing post
>>
>>151748047
No you haven't, you're just throwing a tantrum saying waa waa no way waa waa.

This is even worse than fanwank, instead of just extending stuff that happened on screen, you're downright denying it.
>>
>>151747945
>a good thread
>this thread
>>
>>151748086
>no red vs blue war
>no rebuild shitposting
>people actually discussing the character outside of how they want to fuck her
For an NGE thread, it's pretty amazing actually.
>>
>>151748069
>ignoring everything i say in favor of your delusion
unbelievable. is this some new elaborate bait?
you do realize you're just the one doing what you're accusing me of doing right?
>>
>>151747280
>you can't really enjoy NGE if you can't relate to the characters on some level.
Wrong. It would be more accurate to say that you can't really enjoy NGE if you can't UNDERSTAND the characters on some level.
>>
>>151748184
Go up the reply chain, you have yet to post a single evidence to support anything you said.
Stop baiting.
>>
>>151748086
>It's a bad thread because I don't agree with the view points posted
It's a good thread because people are actually discussing the show and putting effort in their posts.
>>
>>151748218
see >>151748184
i'm all out of (You)'s at this point
>>
>>151748255
You did NOTHING to support anything of what you have said. You just said there is no way she could have known which is REFUTED by the show itself.
(you) accused my post that wasn't even directed at (you) with a claim that you still fail to support in anyway way.
>>
>>151748326
alright i lied i had this one last (You) just in case
>You just said there is no way she could have known which is REFUTED by the show itself
no it is definitely not REFUTED by the show. despite what you delusionally claim, asuka DOES NOT come out and say
>oh i've had an epiphany! the A.T. Field is in fact what separates the walls of human hearts
she says
>Mama, I understand what the AT field is! You're protecting me!
which, AGAIN, is literally her talking about how her mother's soul is powering the EVA unit. in this context, she means the AT field her EVA produces for combat

but you seem to be ignoring that and throwing your bait tantrum. these posts should cover any more of your circular arguments
>>151747178
>>151747328
>>151747949
>>151748184
enjoy
>>
>>151748475
So basically all you have is claiming that what the show shows us is ridiculous instead of going with what we actually see.
Your version denies Asuka a proper conclusion, which from a viewers perspective and especially from a writers perspective makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
It makes no sense in relation to what we get to see in instrumentality whatsoever either.
Everything you said has the same problem as fanwanks, you don't work with the source material and just base it on speculations.
You say that we mainly see instrumentality from Shinjis perspective which is correct, but hell kitchen is mainly Asukas perspective. It's her hell. Nothing you say supports your argument at all.
>>
File: 1453397636033.jpg (13KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
1453397636033.jpg
13KB, 247x204px
>>151741703
>>151742100
Lurk more faggot
>>
>>151748602
>basically all you have is claiming that what the show shows us is ridiculous instead of going with what we actually see
no, again, this is what you're doing
>Your version denies Asuka a proper conclusion
no it doesn't, because at the end you can see that asuka ultimately rejects instrumentality. what we don't see is why (despite your claims). but we are given hints that may indicate she's come to terms with herself in a similar manner to shinji during instrumentality
>You say that we mainly see instrumentality from Shinjis perspective which is correct, but hell kitchen is mainly Asukas perspective
and you had the nerve to say i don't work with source material and base things on speculation?
my point is that the things asuka says to shinji apply to her as much as they do him (perhaps even more so)

anyways if all this was bait i'll give it a 10/10
>>
File: 1449265603141-a.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449265603141-a.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>151742691
>haven't watched eva
>haven't watched monogatari
>not being well versed in /a/ etiquette
It's like you are new or something
>>
>>151748602
>but hell kitchen is mainly Asukas perspective. It's her hell.
This.
>>
>>151748834
>no, again, this is what you're doing
right back at you
>no it doesn't, because at the end you can see that asuka ultimately rejects instrumentality. what we don't see is why (despite your claims). but we are given hints that may indicate she's come to terms with herself in a similar manner to shinji during instrumentality
there is this thing again what you like to do, assuming things.
If you go with Asuka actually meaning her AT field, it's all downright explained instead of something vague as "we're given hints"
>and you had the nerve to say i don't work with source material and base things on speculation?
What, hell kitchen?
Asuka hating to share a home with Shinji and Misato? Asuka hating to be a woman because she doesn't want to have kids anyway? The kitchen being an obvious symbol for domestic life and dare I say, sharing your life with another human being?

Of course they aplly to Asuka as well you idiot, because she realised that shit herself already!

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about mate, maybe you should read some of the analyses out there to get a clue.
>>
>>151748926
>there is this thing again what you like to do, assuming things
where is the assumption? what exactly did i assume? if it's the fact that she ultimately rejected instrumentality, then you're retarded
it's because she ends up materialized with shinji
>If you go with Asuka actually meaning her AT field, it's all downright explained instead of something vague as "we're given hints"
i feel like i've been over this with you already
oh wait i have here's my reply, AGAIN >>151748475

>Of course they aplly to Asuka as well you idiot, because she realised that shit herself already!
that is either her figuring it out at that very moment, or it's not her at all and it's shinji figuring it out at that very moment

you are in a fascinating tier of self-delusion and stupidity
>>
>>151741572
Adolescence goes hand in hand with ambivalence.
>>
>>151749076
>where is the assumption? what exactly did i assume?
>but we are given hints that may indicate she's come to terms with herself in a similar manner to shinji during instrumentality

Your reply is still shit and you interpretation of that moment still makes way less sense than mine, aka the one of basically everyone else.

>that is either her figuring it out at that very moment, or it's not her at all and it's shinji figuring it out at that very moment
Add that to the assumptions pile that you're neatly stacking up.
Good job at ignoring the hell kitchen part because you completely lost that argument.

She realized it right before her fight, everything we get to see in instrumentality makes way more sense that way. Hell kitchen is still Asukas hell, this widely accepted and it just shows that you have no clue what you're talking about that you do not think so.

Your interpretation has no hold whatsoever, get over it.
>>
>>151749153
>Your reply is still shit and you interpretation of that moment still makes way less sense than mine, aka the one of basically everyone else
let's be clear, NOBODY else but you has that interpretation. the massive irony that you just can't seem to realize is that your entire theory is a massive assumption.
first, it's explained that eva2 is powered by her mother's soul.
second, it's NOT explained that she just magically figured out that AT fields are the walls between human hearts
>good job ignoring the hell kitchen part
i didn't? but by the way all you did was make a bunch of assumptions

you seem to think your theories are widely accepted but news flash, they're not
>>
>>151749281
My version is supported by one of the most elaborate and popular analysis out there lmao.
>>
>>151749400
>my theory is supported by one of several thousand fan theories, i swear!
embarrassing
>>
>Two people repeating the same thing over and over
What a tiresome discussion
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mpy2q4cQiW1qz4rgp.gif (189KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mpy2q4cQiW1qz4rgp.gif
189KB, 500x333px
He's just baiting you and manipulating your emotions. Why the fuck are you even indulging this ass clown?
>>
>>151749538
http://archive.is/i0dwC

Knock yourself out. If you did your research you should know this one already anyway though.

Also give me something to read if yours is the widely accepted theory.

>>151749559
it really is
>>
File: char manly tears.png (269KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
char manly tears.png
269KB, 640x481px
>>151749559
Almost like Eva itself, right?
>>
>>151749606
Finished zeta gundam yesterday, the ending was not climactic at all.
Char a best though.
>>
>>151749631
I'm at e15.
I can't see the fascination with him, but I can't stop using his images. He hates himself even more so than Asuka. I got the impression that he is always on the verge of sneaking off into a private space and blowing his brains out, or arranging to go out in an "accident" Little Prince style. I may be reading too much between the lines here, and Tomino might be a hack after all.
>>
>>151749281
Not the guy you're replying to, but Asuka saying 'Mama, I understand what the AT field is! You're protecting me!' can be interpreted in either way just because eva tends to leave a lot of things subtle and ambiguous.
But considering that it is near the climax of the movie that are the last episodes of the show, where the climax is mainly focused on Shinji and the cast as a whole(Misato, Gendo, Fuyutsuko, etc all reaches their conclusion), it is fitting that Asuka found her salvation and her own climax at that point.

And as far as whether she knew the hidden details of eva and exact source of AT field, I wouldn't be surprised if she just synchronized on a deeper level to her eva during that scene and connected with her mother.
Now this is just an assumption, but considering that Anno was writing the script knowing and fully conscious about Asuka's mother being in 02, what the true source of AT field is, and Asuka getting her biggest spotlight in the show in one of the most memorable scene in the whole franchise. It makes sense that her lines literally means what it sounds like under the context of background settings we know now.

Besides, just because Shinji and viewers finds out about them later doesn't mean that Asuka couldn't have figured it out earlier. It's still within the same movie
>>
>>151749737
I never got that feeling desu.
He gives me a wise old man vibe more than anything.
The characters are kinda all over the place and sometimes lose themselves in mood swings.

>>151749795
This. It makes more sense from both a viewer and a writer perspective.
>>
>>151749839
I just think that Asuka should be able to reach that understanding because of of her character development. Also considering her personality and past causing a discrepancy between her actions and the human desire for others, she has to be more aware of her own AT field than other characters.

Of course, I'm a huge Asukafag and am pretty biased.
She's a smart and hard working girl who can't honestly show her good intentions due to events that changed her perception of the world. I relate to her pain and suffering more than any of the cast in eva, even more than Shinji.

I'm not super caught up with eva theories, but I'll try to read that archived blogpost on Asuka. Just don't have the time for 12k words at the moment.
>>
>>151750185
It's really good, but yeah it takes quite a while.
The person wrote a few more about the other characters too.
I know it might be a turn-off that the writer is a turbotumblrina, but all the points are elaborate and make sense.
>>
Each shoud recognize in the other the oppressed truth of himself.
>>
File: 1457922712398.jpg (94KB, 735x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457922712398.jpg
94KB, 735x960px
>>151741572
>watch ur mom get sucked off by a giant cyborg core
>watch the empty shell of ur mum commit sudokucide and try to take you with her
>dad doesn't give a flying fuck about you or her and remarries immediately
>ingrain in yourself you'll never rely on other people
>simultaneously develop an admiration and hatred for adulthood
>make the connection that children are retarded and adults tend to be more logical
>forget you're a child who hates adults
>you now have contrasting core beliefs
>refuse to interact with children because they're unreliable and undeveloped
>refuse to interact with adults because they're the ones you got you into this shit
>finally find a kid your age who's been through the same shit as you
>can't accept him because he has the body of a child and mind of an adult, both of which you hate
>but you have the body of a child and mind of an adult, too
>realize you hated yourself all along
>mom wakes up out of her cybernetic sleep
>realize you loved yourself all along
>get killed by bipedal whales that eat your mom
asuka had a hard life
>>
>>151750275
I've had people on MAL with cancerous name and taste giving pretty good opinion and analysis on shows so I don't mind the whole trigger warning shit. Eva is attracts the super autists whether its 4chan or tumbler anyways.

I'm currently downloading the eva BDs(wasn't sure if I should get the 'correctly' colored version) and maybe I'll get into the theories while rewatching the franchise.
The only theories I know are
>Mari=Shinji x Asuka (EOE)
>Kaworu is time looping mahou shounen who could also just be Shinji
>some quantum rei stuff
>>
>>151750383
you forgot
>can't even die in piece, get thrown together with millions of losers and get forced to reveal your most inner feelings to every single one of them
>the only escape is going into a hell like world of destruction
>wake up
>get choked
>remember how that fag masturbated to you
kimochi warui

>>151750465
I really REALLY hate the rebuilds with a burning passion so I won't ever touch that shit.
Soryu is the only Asuka to me.
>>
>>151750465
>I'm currently downloading the eva BDs(wasn't sure if I should get the 'correctly' colored version) and maybe I'll get into the theories while rewatching the franchise.
You should be downloading the Sephirotic release. It's the "definitive" version and has much more polished translations in addition to color correction.
>>
Is this the Asuka is best girl ever thread?
>>
>>151750551
No go away
All NGE girls are equal
And stop posting disgusting 3DPD, Asuka Langley Soryu only!
>>
>>151750581

>All NGE girls are equal

Are you stupid or something?

Rei is literally a wall
>>
>>151750509
I actually liked the rebuilds. Their atmosphere and style is completely different from what the originals felt like, but its a big improvement in some parts which I presume people complained the most about the original series, ep25&26, and EoE.

Fight scenes are great looking, and story gets to its points pretty fast. Not a lot of slow and subtle character development but it's not missing either. The end of 2.0 was hype and I really liked 3.0 and I don't exactly understand the hate for it.

>>151750529
Huh, I saw some guy(probably the maker) rant about it in his own thread and I kinda dismissed it as shitposting. I'll check it out but the translation changes doesn't matter too much since I speak niplango
>>
File: 1480535419295.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1480535419295.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>>151750672
Red vs Blue fags are the worst people.
You're a terrible person and you should feel terrible
>>
>>151750706
>I'll check it out but the translation changes doesn't matter too much since I speak niplango
If you do on a decent level then I guess it doesn't matter as much. The maker is pedantic about the release because he really, REALLY cares about Eva and wanted to make sure the BDs got the fansubbed release they deserved. He pored over every scene to make sure it was as perfect as he could get it.
>>
>>151750706
>Not a lot of slow and subtle character development but it's not missing either
Yes it is, it is devoid of any kind of meaningful character development and it butchers every character besides Shinji.
At least they renamed mai waifu to spare her a direct association.

You'll hopefully get a better understanding of that after reading the Asuka analysis, and also appreciate her even more.
>>
>>151750762
Isn't that kind of a contradiction? Isn't a good translation a creative work in its own light, which isn't devalued if it drifts away from the original here and there.
>>
>>151750772
Shinji's development stays the same as the TV series all the way through 3.0 (which is why the intro to 3.0 might seem hamfisted, they had to force that his development stay the same), and Rei even gets NEW development. But yeah, every other character basically gets shafted except those two and a few of the Nerv personnel.
>>
>>151750275
Do you have links for the character analysis by that author? My searching skills have failed me so I was only able to find a general theme analysis and first part of Rei analysis.
>>
>>151741572
So beta cucks can be assured she only likes their self insert Shinji
>>
>>151748602
>which from a viewers perspective and especially from a writers perspective makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
And now you finally realized the key of Evangelion's weird narrative style.

Trying to make sense out of it with conventional writting methods is the first mistake.
>>
>>151750863
They took her eye and turned her into a waifubot. She even talks to a doll now. Anno treats his characters in the same way Gendo treats his son and daughter, except Gendo at least shows some self-awareness near the end.
>>
>>151750832
It's not necessarily a literal translation. By perfect, he wanted to make sure all of the subtle meaning in the original script got across to the viewer. Previous fansubs and ADV had muddled up a few lines here and there that weren't critical but deviated from the script and could change the way a viewer understood something.
>>
File: Ayanami Rei.jpg (689KB, 1040x2627px) Image search: [Google]
Ayanami Rei.jpg
689KB, 1040x2627px
>>151750672
>Rei is literally a wall

Are you stupid or something ?
>>
>>151750918
http://archive.is/fiendswithbenefits.tumblr.com
the original tumblr got lost some time recently which deeply saddens me.
a big chunk of the Rei analysis didn't get archived for some reason which sucks, it was really fucking good.
At least the first part is still there.

>>151750923
Only if you fail to pay attention. The writers spoonfeed you all the time throughout the series to get their message across.
The main message is repeated and even directly called out multiple times and gets a huge recap at the end of the series.
>>
File: 1469053726289.jpg (805KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469053726289.jpg
805KB, 1536x2048px
>>151750762
That gets me even more interested in it. I'm in the fan translating scene, and I really do appreciate the respect towards the original work when translating, even if it means for the localization to become more literal and stiff.

>>151750772
Yeah, my point was that Shinji gets his development and I think that's pretty well done.
Rei and Asuka aren't even themselves and Kaworu is a plot device where most of his actual character will be reveal along with the tweeeest.

It would be nice to get all the small bits of well done development and interaction with every single character in the cast, but its a movie with a lot to cram in, and a lot to show.
I think Anno knows what he's doing and will try to go somewhere with how Shinji is developing, perhaps something worth sacrificing rest of the cast for. At least I hope

Not sure if I can appreciate Asuka even more since I have self inserted into Asuka since when I first watched it as a kid, and knowing more about her will just make myself cringe as I mimicked and adapted Asuka's personality and defense mechanism while growing up.
>>
>>151750918
>>151750973
forgot part two
http://archive.is/ritsumaya.tumblr.com
the Misato analysis is here
>>
>>151750672
>Rei is literally a wall
Stop trying to incite waifu wars. Both Asuka and Rei are precious for different reasons. They need proper uprbringings, not nerds on the internet fighting over them.
>>
>>151742723
Monogatari is trash
>>
>>151751102

>Stop trying to incite waifu wars.

Is not a war when Asuka has already won
>>
Women are shit thats all
>>
>>151751014
How objective can someone be if their blog title is literally Talk trans eva to me?
I am NOT trying to start a political disussion here. I am just wondering if someone who considers their own self-image and sexual orientation a political question can see such a complex, intriguing character in an unbiased way.
>>
>>151751275
I have read everything the writer has ever written and while there is a trigger warning at the start, he doesn't inject any of that into the actual analysis. It's very genuine, really. I think the worst thing he did was that he explicitly mentions that he condemns that Shinji choked Asuka.
>>
>>151751275
Read a lot of it and it's pretty much spot on analysis of the characters supported by evidence with no hints of even light Evageek crack theories.

Some tumblr bloggers are just ironic or want to present themselves as open-minded even if they don't fit into the "die cis scum" sjw archetype. The site doesn't nearly have as bad of a userbase as /pol/ or /v/ make them out, and just like the majority of 4chan users they're readily willing to make fun of themselves.
>>
>>151751339
I'm willing to give the analysis a shot, then. I'm really trying to suppress my disgust for a specific kind of person here. The kind of person that has a need to turn their fetish into a political question or a way to get pity points and (you)s by imposing it on others. I also do not believe that a man can ever truly understand a woman. Hell, we don't even understand ourselves.
>>
>>151751623
Lies
>>
>>151751623
Just because an ideology has ironic distance doesn't meat it stops being ideology. In fact, ironic distance is mandatory for people to accept it. Eva itself has an almost perfect example of this in Rei, who follows orders and expectations without question for most of the series in a mechanical way. It is exactly because of this she gets to become the neutral judge and arbiter when it all comes tumbling down. Contrary to this, Shinji and Asuka are constantly either openly rebelling or using irony and sarcasm to justify what is going on and create distance. They are the subscribers to NERV's ideology, and incidentally the ones who are willing to destroy themselves and each-other for NERV's goals they know nothing about.
I hope this post makes sense.
>>
>>151751730
>I also do not believe that a man can ever truly understand a woman. Hell, we don't even understand ourselves.
t. Kaji

I like you
>>
>>151751623
Nah, while I love the author of the analysis and all of his content and respect him for distancing himself from his ideology while writing it, he is still 100% tumblrina.
He wrote fucking trans inclusive subtitles for NGE.

But you know what, as long as he can keep it out of things when it matters, more power to him.
>>
>>151752450
First time in my life I got compared to the character. Thanks.
I get compared to Shinji on an almost weekly basis.
>>
>>151752582
O

I feel sorry for you

I hope you don't get bullied too much
>>
>>151752614
Not really, I only let the field down for very special people.
>>
>>151752208
It makes perfect sense. Ironically furthering an agenda still furthers an agenda.

Tumblr stuff just doesn't bother me that much, probably because I'm a disgusting liberal. Plus I don't think they have any real influence on society since the hardcore sjw ideals still make the vast majority of people very uncomfortable and would be considered extremists by anyone with common sense.

And like >>151752500 says, I think that people can believe whatever they want as long as they keep it behind closed doors or out of serious matters. If an (ironic) SJW is able to make a fair and rational analysis of Eva characters and keep their beliefs out of it, then more power to them.
>>
File: 1419414290044.jpg (209KB, 651x465px) Image search: [Google]
1419414290044.jpg
209KB, 651x465px
>>151752582
>tfw Shinji is LITERALLY ME
My mom didn't die, but both of my parents were awful at parenting and essentially absent for my entire life. I'm not autistic, but sometimes I feel like I might as well be considering how socially inept I am. Nobody ever had any expectations of me and I got so depressed that it felt like I stopped being a person halfway through high school.

Rewatching Eva really helped with my self-confidence, though. I've come to the same realizations that Shinji did and now the challenge is just implementing them into my daily life.
>>
>>151746100
>this happened
No it didn't
>>
>>151750952
most of these photos show her in pain, reacting to scary shit, blank face or "hit so angry but with a blank face".

nice
>>
>>151752885
I consider myself the last person to give advice to anyone. That would be like asking Žižek for a therapy session if not even worse. However. One thing you can do, is you can get rid of that denial you still seem to hold on to. The times where I've used denial thinking it was some sort of useful tool were exactly the times where I ended up in one of the situations described in the show.
>>
>>151753130
My social worker is helping me through that kind of negative thinking and doing things without worrying about the expectations of others. I always thought I was acting on my own but I've really only done things because I thought it was expected, when in reality either nobody had those expectations or they wanted me to do what I wanted.

That lesbian webmanga that got tled recently really spoke to me because the author had the same problem of being stuck in a loop of trying to appease her parents with what she thought they wanted when she really should have just done what she wanted to do.
>>
>>151753300
Okay, I won't greentext this just so it is easier to follow. He or she is helping you get past unrealistic expectations and demands. And is doing that by imposing a new set of expectations that are completely and utterly impossible for you to meet in your current situation.

Don't autopilot through life expecting someone to watch over you and make decisions about yourself for you. You don't need a social worker. You need a woman.
>>
>>151750863
You're so full of shit. They are NOTHING alike.
>>
I'm halfway through the article, what the fuck is an allosexual? Is that like mlp but with a dinosaur?
>>
>>151750933
Anno treats his characters all depending on how much he likes them.

Asuka actually gets super-good treatment in the Rebuilds, and that's a fact.
>>
>>151754932
Almost everyone gets a better treatment in the Rebuilds
>>
>>151754977
Shut the fuck up, you're either being retarded on purpose or you're completely fucking blind.

One name: Kaworu. That's all it takes to make you look fucking retarded. Get the fuck out of EVA threads if you're not going to be real or serious.
>>
>>151755028
>Get the fuck out of EVA threads if you're not going to be real or serious.
Anon. If there is a point in Eva, it is that people are never real or serious, especially not when they are struggling to appear they are.
>>
>>151755028
The one who is making a fool out of himself is you that tries to rebut my claim with a single counterexample, apparently missing the "almost"

And iven the counterexample itself doesn't amount to much depending on what you mean as "treatment", as his presence in the Rebuilds is significantly expanded compared to the series and what happens to him isn't really worse.
>>
File: 1483079824731.gif (500KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
1483079824731.gif
500KB, 250x186px
>>151741572
Honestly, is there a single anime out there that can EVEN COMPETE with this masterpiece?
>>
>>151743212
>borderline
Asuka and Shinji are both quite obviously mentally ill.
>>
>>151743830
What is up with the fucking spacing on this post? Go back to where you came from you filthy fucking /v/ermin.
>>
File: 1375841868746.jpg (216KB, 400x567px) Image search: [Google]
1375841868746.jpg
216KB, 400x567px
I don't understand people who claim to be Eva fans but also despise major characters like Asuka or Rei at the same time.
>>
>>151754806
There are only 3 sexualities or you're just a virgin forever.
>>
>>151755804
There is a very good Žižek on this subject. All hatred is self-hatred.
>>
>>151755206
Don't even try to act coy, moron. You know very well you're full of shit, and guess what? Burden of proof is on you, actually - did you forget that? Nevertheless, my one example in Kaworu who gets far better treatment than anyone else is enough to shut you up for good.

Now either fuck off, or get real.
>>
>>151755804
People hate Asuka because she's a bitch.

People hate Rei because she looks Asuka look bad.
>>
>>151756154
she makes Asuka look bad*
>>
>>151756154
Why would people hate Asuka for such a shallow reason? She's not even real.
She's like that for a reason in the show, you're supposed to appreciate what she brings through her role and character. Otherwise you can't appreciate Evangelion itself.
>>
File: 1376510617918.png (155KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1376510617918.png
155KB, 480x360px
>>151754977
The only characters that get "better" treatment in the Rebuilds are Asuka and Kaworu, which is because they're Anno's favorite characters. Asuka gets remodeled to be an attractive idol type girl with no flaws, whilst Kaworu gets around five times more screentime and goes from being more or less irrelevant in the grand scheme to almost being a cornerstone of not just the plot, but the narrative and the way to interpret it.
>>
>>151756305
Misato got the shortest end of the stick
>>
>>151756290
>Why would people hate Asuka for such a shallow reason? She's not even real.

Nonsense. In fact, if you don't hate Asuka and what she stands for, you are probably a lousy person who can't get Evangelion.

She's a dumbass who shits over everyone else and ruins everything for herself and everyone. She is a filthy cunt whose tendencies towards escapism is the very thing the anime itself criticizes. It shows you that in glorious detail by crushing Asuka, and thus showing the viewer why both she and her whole being, her mentality is garbage.

Contrast with Rei, whose humble but strong tendencies towards accepting reality as it is and working with it eventually nets her the humiliation of her would-be "enemy", the reclaiming of her stolen powers and eventually, godhood.

This is not debatable because it is fact. The only reason to actually like Asuka, is because you're a shallow person, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: 37913103.png (609KB, 970x728px) Image search: [Google]
37913103.png
609KB, 970x728px
>>151756334
>misato
>getting the short end of the stick

Really? She got a shorter end of the stick, but you'd best not be implyin' anything here.
>>
File: Rei a shitt.png (150KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shitt.png
150KB, 360x274px
>>151756383
>>151756421
Oh, it's just that retarded Reifag again. I thought it was someone actually important for a second. Carry on, everyone.
>>
>>151741572
you do know she was suicidal right? she's basically a bipolar attention seeking suicidal train wreck that people called "tsundere" to make it seem like she was some sort of MOE icon.
>>
>>151742691
You dont even need to have watched it. It gets posted about all the time
>>
File: 4603479.png (83KB, 235x221px) Image search: [Google]
4603479.png
83KB, 235x221px
>>151756383
>you are probably a lousy person who can't get Evangelion
So Anno doesn't get Evangelion? But you somehow do?
Okay senpai.

Rei a shit.
>>
File: asuka a doll.jpg (507KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
asuka a doll.jpg
507KB, 2448x3264px
>>151756485
>>151756761
>Mad Asukafag
>>
File: misatocar.jpg (55KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
misatocar.jpg
55KB, 720x480px
Roll out. It's time to post the gore.
>>
File: Kensuke_in_opening.png (155KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Kensuke_in_opening.png
155KB, 360x274px
>>151756761
Since he's been rehashing it and milking it, then you can safely say that he's definitely betraying the message of the original.

You can't complain about Rebuilds and commercializing EVA and then protect Anno at the same time.
>>
File: th03967.jpg (83KB, 530x389px) Image search: [Google]
th03967.jpg
83KB, 530x389px
>>151756826
>he's definitely betraying the message of the original
How so? Eva was made to be milked from the start.
He's not betraying shit, you're just a salty waifufag.
>>
File: Ihatemyself.jpg (735KB, 1360x2612px) Image search: [Google]
Ihatemyself.jpg
735KB, 1360x2612px
>>151741572
>tfw you're trying to help your friend through a tough time but then you realize she might be suicidal and you're wondering if she's gonna take you down with her for shits and giggles cause she's fucking insane now
>>
File: 1391296763616.jpg (996KB, 1206x793px) Image search: [Google]
1391296763616.jpg
996KB, 1206x793px
>>151756900
>Make series criticizing otaku
>Keep rehashing it for the otaku waifufags in an eternal escapist setup

Pick one. Anno even admits he's given up trying.
>>
>>151757001
He's making too much money to care.
>>
>>151748202
I agree with this.

You can relate to Shinji, or Asuka but if you don't understand them then you might not enjoy the series.

When people say big fans of Eva are like the characters it makes me laugh because its true.

Those of us who deeply enjoy the series are fucked up in one way or another.
>>
>>151756900
Not really. Eva models couldn't be produced at the time the show was made. The toy company even made written complaints how the Evangelions were hard to engineer and how they had to develop new tech.
>>
>>151757033
I don't disagree there. I just want to point out that it's hypocritical to claim Anno is full on anti-escapism when he's been consistently doing the precisely opposite for 15-20 years.
>>
man i remember we were having a good time in this thread

then the red vs blue fags came along
>>
>>151757222
That was just escapism.
>>
>>151756979
I don't want to go though that again, and I don't mean the show.
>>
>>151757001
Damn, Rei is such best girl here.
>>
It's been a long time since I have watched Eva.

And I understand the characters but I'd like to read some other in depth opinions on them.

Anyone have a good link to in depth analysis' of the characters?
>>
>>151757498
Opinions was the wrong word to use.

I want something that is correct of course.
>>
File: kaji fgsfds.jpg (43KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
kaji fgsfds.jpg
43KB, 446x400px
You can't really love if you hate. Unless, of course you are an Eva pilot.
>>
>>151757001
He didn't criticize otaku in the series, the series was very pro-otaku right from the beginning.
>>
File: what.gif (277KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
what.gif
277KB, 500x331px
>>151756124
>"asuka got a batter treatment in the Rebuilds"
>"almost everyone got a better treatment"
>"kaworu got a better treatment and this proves you wrong"
>>
Tbh I preferred the thread when that one faggot and I argued over Asukas climax in EoE instead of another waifu wars going on.

>>151757498
There was a very good analysis posted ITT, and links to multiple characters.
>>
File: c57.png (358KB, 600x736px) Image search: [Google]
c57.png
358KB, 600x736px
>>151755360
There are none. I've watched countless other anime and none can compare to Evangelion.
>>
>>151756900
They literally made the mech designs complicated on purpose so making toys off of it would be damn near impossible,
>>
File: RbBMhkD[1].jpg (101KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
RbBMhkD[1].jpg
101KB, 680x680px
>>151755360
>>151757832
>>
She's projecting her insecurities.
>>
>>151750551
>>151750672
>>151751182
>>151756154
>>151756290
>>151756383
>>151756485
>>151756761
>>151756780
Delete yourselves permanently please.
Red vs blue fags are living trash.
>>
>>151757790
I think the anon assumed you weren't going to feign idiocy.
>>
File: 1449713480911.png (765KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449713480911.png
765KB, 960x720px
You guys, I just broke my knee, holy fuck there's blood everywhere
wHAT DO I DO I'M SCARED I DON'T WANT TO DIE
>>
Oh and everyone defending the rebuilds, off yourself please, thank you.
>>
>>151757498
>>151757533
Shinji is an insecure child with abandonment issues, with no real friendships or connections to speak about. His arc is about learning to love and accept himself, so that he may become able to connect with others. He wants acceptance without being accepting of others.

Misato is an insecure womanchild with daddy issues and concerns about her own sexuality. She's driven by revenge, booze and the fine feminine trait of having concern for others. Her arc is about accepting herself and letting go of her relentless self-criticism. She is also a seeker of truth, so she can put everything and everyone responsible for 2I to justice.

Rei is a child raised among wolves with severe existential issues whose plain appearance hides a dark secret she isn't quite aware of herself. Her arc is about understanding and finally accepting herself, even the parts she fears and neglects.

Asuka is a brainwashed 14 year old traumatized by the death of her mother. She is driven by the illusion that only the EVA can give her worth, and her arc is about demonstrating what befalls to a person who cannot accept herself but only dig herself deeper into a lie to survive.

They're all similar in subtle and obvious ways - despite their differences.
>>
>>151757969
Well at least two of my posts are there. Care to tell me what is so "redvsblue" about giving an accurate analysis of the characters?

>>151756154
>>151756383
>>
>>151758080
Because you apparently didn't even watch the ending. That, or you're too normie to even get NGE, meaning you don't belong to the target audience and should get out.
>>
File: bait kronk.jpg (23KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
bait kronk.jpg
23KB, 500x294px
>>151757993
>low quality attempt at extorting consesus
>>
>>151758175
>Because you apparently didn't even watch the ending. That, or you're too normie to even get NGE, meaning you don't belong to the target audience and should get out.

So I don't really see an argument here. Basically you're a butthurt retard that's a redvsblue fag yourself.
>>
File: IMG_1256.jpg (226KB, 850x1204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1256.jpg
226KB, 850x1204px
>>151743142
>Jews are the most annoying parasites around
>>>/oven/
>>
>>151758322
If you can't see why all three children deserve love and affection and at the end of EoE even praise, you didn't understand NGE.
>>
>>151741572
Cease the meme threads.
>>
File: 123141412411.jpg (63KB, 1351x724px) Image search: [Google]
123141412411.jpg
63KB, 1351x724px
>NGE is a lot like a cosmic horror story
>the antagonistic force represents natural progression of life and is overwhelmingly out of human understanding
>even though they have giant robots, alien technology and cutting edge technology powered by god-knows-what the characters are hamstrung by their reliance on technology and their own human nature
>all of them die, go insane or are swept by the transmogrification of all life on the planet
>there is no magic bullshit

>...
>pic related happens
>shinji "history's most useless beta" ikari pulls magic powers out of his. because he's angry.
>uses magical power of friendship to pull rei out of a core
this is where the series died for me.
>>
>>151741572
The writing was shit and if it weren't for the surrealism and giant robots nobody would remember Evangelion.
>>
File: 1457307529149.jpg (45KB, 498x412px) Image search: [Google]
1457307529149.jpg
45KB, 498x412px
>>151758350
>>151743142

Go back to /pol/, faggots
>>
>>151757790
>Asuka
In 2.0, we see her presented as a good girl who's capable of 100% more positive development than Asuka in NGE. In addition, her flaws are cut away and any violence is made out to be pure slapstick.

In 3.0, there are no flaws presented that are punished or made out to be problems by the narrative, and she's given eternal youth, super strength, and is completely unharmed while being given tons of important action scenes.

>Kaworu
Kaworu has been present in every single movie, which is 100% of the story so far, as opposed to just 1/26 (less than 4%). Not only has his screentime increased massively, he's also made out to be far more important. In the original, he was a "monster of the week", an Angel who made his appearance and then went away. In Rebuild he's now a cornerstone of the plot, and is able to explain or act far more freely than before. His scenes are all without exception made to please his fans.

This proves you wrong because even compared to Asuka, Kaworu's treatment is ridiculously good.
>>
>>151758390
If you can't acknowledge the difference between them and why they are different, then you didn't understand NGE. No, you can't just go "oh but they all deserve luuv" as if that was some sort of insightful opinion or argument.
>>
>>151758392
he didn't accomplish shit anyway and made everything worse
>>
>>151758392
You're simply projecting into the story. It wasn't "magical power of friendship" or anything that resulted in Rei being saved or rather "saved", it was a function of the EVA.

Precisely like the second and third impact was magic in the original, so was the one in the second.

Face it, you're a dumb poser who had better fuck off back to your evageeks safespace.
>>
>>151758052
Underrated post
>>
>>151741572

She's an insecure high school girl, she isn't "thinking" at all
>>
>>151758486
Eh, I said that a lot of character got a "better treatment" in the Rebuilds, so the fact that Asuka and Kaworu indeed got it doesen't really go against my claim
>>
>>151758619
>this is what manchildren think of high school girls
>>
>>151758635
Two characters doesn't constitute "a lot". Two isn't even enough to say "many".

Then you're even so fucking dishonest you lied even now, and here's what you said:
>>151754977
>Almost everyone gets a better treatment in the Rebuilds

"Almost everyone" is not "a lot", and even if you were, you'd be wrong. Basically, go fuck yourself and don't ever post an opinion again related to EVA. You disgust me.
>>
>>151758486
Her flaws are exactly what makes her mysterious and attractive.
>>
File: 1468029429887.png (116KB, 816x587px) Image search: [Google]
1468029429887.png
116KB, 816x587px
>>151741703
>>151742100
>>
>>151758722
If you were talking about Rei, you'd have a point. But you're not, you're talking about Asuka who doesn't have a single flaw which makes her either mysterious or attractive. The attraction to Asuka is 100% based on pretending there's no flaws at all, which is why the new Asuka is more popular than the previous iteration.
>>
>>151758722
>show a flaw from the original to an Asuka fan
>they freak out and cry murder

Eh, I don't think so.
>>
>>151758392
>magical power of friendship ends up killing off most of the world population and causing the person he tried to save to cease existing
>everyone cheering him on now hates him with a passion

Cmon man rebuild 3 was great
>>
>>151758803
Rebuild 3 was shit. Only idiots like it, and that's a fact.
>>
>>151758832
perhaps it was simply
deep
u
>>
>>151758942
Nah. It's 2deep4u actually, and that's why you think it's good.
>>
File: i came here.jpg (218KB, 989x386px) Image search: [Google]
i came here.jpg
218KB, 989x386px
>>151758759
>>151758794
>>
>>151758958
I'm on several layers of deep as I write this, I very much doubt that that's the case.
>>
>>151758711
whatever

you might have a point by saying that my claim is insubstantiated, but bringing up kaworu as a counterargument is where you are wrong
>>
>>151758832
>>151758803
>>151758942
>>151758958
The original eva will always exist, nothing can change that.

I can sit back and enjoy the spectacle that is the Rebuilds for a different reason than I enjoy NGE

NGE will always be king but there is nothing wrong with liking the Rebuilds or the Manga
>>
>>151759506
Your claim is more than insubstantiated, it's downright dismissed and proven wrong.

>>151759523
Yes, there is. You're bad. Deal with it.
>>
>>151741572
>female
>logical thinking
Pick one and only one.
>>
File: ulong pervy.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ulong pervy.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
>>151759788
*tips
>>
>>151741703
Yes. The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
File: hedgehog.jpg (134KB, 700x462px) Image search: [Google]
hedgehog.jpg
134KB, 700x462px
>>151741572
She didn't 'love' any of them? Please tell me this wasn't an actual question.
>>
>>151756979
I never understood Hikari's reaction; is there a Japanese subtext that makes more sense, or is she--an apparent Christian (You're living in SIIIIIIN!)--encouraging Asuka to an hero?
>>
>>151742723
Fuck -monogatari. Fuck its garbage Shaft art style, fuck its ridiculous, circular dialogue, fuck its insubstantial characters, fuck its tasteless fanservice, fuck its moronic fanbase, fuck its pandering creative staff, and fuck its influence on the anime that succeeded it.

Only good thing about it are the OP/EDs.
>>
>>151760025
Weren't you ever at least semi-speechless, anon? Like I was when you tried to shoehorn everything from your trailer park into the thread?
>>
>>151760179
Well I don't have a flaming hatred for it like you do, but there's something about loli service that just makes me avoid the show.
>>
File: 1353215130480_original.jpg (287KB, 580x820px) Image search: [Google]
1353215130480_original.jpg
287KB, 580x820px
Post Rei
>>
>>151759736
>proven wrong

nowhere you did so yet you keep pretending
>>
File: bitchslap.gif (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
bitchslap.gif
3MB, 800x448px
>>151760413
>>
>>151758486
Asuka in rebuild is just tsundere, and her whole character now is about how her crush left her.
>>
>>151760555
Figures Reifags would hate good complex characters like Shinji
>>
>why is a leading character in a show about mentally disturbed individuals not acting logically

We have this thread every day.
>>
File: 34.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>151760413
>>
>>151741572
>shinji wanna sum fuk?
>tfw if they banged like 90% of their issues would resolve themselves
>>
>>151760823
it's the same psychotic dude who has to turn every conversation into "muh female i want to put penis in > your female you want to put penis in" waifushit
>>
>>151761169
You're really sure there's just one of those?
>>
>actually fucking good evangelion thread ruined by Reifags because it was about Asuka

I don't know what I expected.
>>
>>151758678
Asuka is an exception. Otherwise the anon would be generally right
>>
>>151754606
He's almost exactly in the same position at the end of 3.0 that he was right before EoE. All of his friends are gone except Asuka and Rei. Asuka has alienated him and Rei is a fresh clone that doesn't have her memories of their time together. Shinji is nearly comatose because Kaworu died, but this time it was out of sacrifice instead of betrayal so the only difference is that he's more sad than conflicted with anger.

>>151758759
Anyone who was legitimately attracted to Soryu should have been so in a manner that they saw her as a daughter-like figure who needed someone to help her open up to others. Everyone else is a cancerous waifufag and it should make no difference whether it's Soryu or Shikinami because they just like her for being a redheaded tsundere with a domineering personality, which both versions share.
>>
>>151761906
Take it from an Asukafag, this thread wasn't special. Lurk more. Tired of seeing newfags laudibg threads like this.
>>
File: Asuka Walls of Jericho 2.jpg (65KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka Walls of Jericho 2.jpg
65KB, 720x547px
>>151747801
Actually she wanted sex
>>
>>151762116
You sound like you want me to put a bullet in your head.
>>
>>151762090
It wasn't RvB, dumb waifu posting or people explaining what Evangelion is about by linking Evageeks or Rebuild shitposting so it was a fucking god-tier thread.
>>
>>151762081
>unless she's your daughteru u dun liek her
Zzzzz
>>
>>151762222
Everything in this thread has been discussed before. Lurk the fuck more, kid.
>>
>>151762222
Can you stop using /v/ rhetoric? Thanks bud.
>>
File: 68a.jpg (29KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
68a.jpg
29KB, 400x366px
>>151762146
Edgy
>>
>>151762116
Correction: She THOUGHT she wanted sex because that was what she needed to become a REAL adult. What she really wanted and needed was a confidante that she could expose her vulnerable side to and trust. But she was so dead set on being an adult that she couldn't even realize why she was actually attracted to Shinji.
>>
File: 19c5685nrrbvijpg[1].jpg (54KB, 800x339px) Image search: [Google]
19c5685nrrbvijpg[1].jpg
54KB, 800x339px
>>151762081
Surelly you can draw a parallel in him being almost catatonic after kaworu's death and thus being dragged around by a 28 year old woman
>>
>>151762432
Observation: Excellent display of deductive skill, master. Your way of thinking is very un meatbag like.
>>
>>151762432
> But she was so dead set on being an adult that she couldn't even realize why she was actually attracted to Shinji.

Which really pissed her off and sent her over the edge.
>>
>>151762563
Huh, I didn't even notice that point because I forgot about the timeskip. So that's another piece of evidence for my "theory" that Shinji's development is supposed to stay roughly the same for undisclosed reasons.
>>
>>151742269
Christ reminds me of a certain someone
>>
>>151763537
Same. This is my tang. I am here forever.
Except when I get called a newfag ofc.
>>
>>151762081
>He's almost exactly in the same position at the end of 3.0 that he was right before EoE.

Gross simplification, and that doesn't mean he had the same development that led to that process. He's not in the same position, because now he's traumatized by having the guilt of allegedly having destroyed the world, and none of the teenage insecurities apply.

By your faulty logic, Shinji is the same as Winston from 1984 just because he's crushed psychologically.

As for Rei and Asuka, they are either not the same character, or have no development at all.
>>
>>151762116
>You will never penetrate her walls of Jericho
I'd say there's no reason to live but Asuka being a thing, even if she's not real, is reason to live.
>>
File: 40631872.jpg (74KB, 450x637px) Image search: [Google]
40631872.jpg
74KB, 450x637px
>>151764110
Asuka is garbage.
>>
>>151742061
I mean that is what they said. Why would anime lie to me?
>>
>>151763792
I know it's a simplification, but you're exaggerating. It's more than just a vague comparison, the figurative pieces are in very similar positions compared to where they were in the original series. Up through 2.0 he develops almost identically to NGE except he's motivated more by Rei and Mari than by Misato and Kaji.

And it's definitely no coincidence that 3.0 puts Shinji through similar events as occured in the episodes around 22.

Shinji is alone with no friends
Misato alienates Shinji (by establishing her authority as WILLE's commander and appeasing the staff rather than making him uncomfortable by trying to get intimate with him)
Ritsuko alienates Shinji (for the same reasons as Misato instead of revealing and killing the Ayanami series)
Asuka doesn't want anything to do with him
Rei Q is a doll like Rei III (who later warms up to Shinji and goes to his side, just like Rei III)
Shinji meets Kaworu and becomes hopeful
Kaworu dies (as a martyr rather than as an anti-hero)
Shinji is devestated by the loss of Kaworu because he now has nobody he can trust
And we even go a little into EoE with Shinji learning the true nature of Eva and Rei from Fuyutsuki

Also I didn't say Rei and Asuka are the same like Shinji, just that they're in similar positions relative to Shinji that they were before EoE. Asuka's development is definitely weird or plain nonexistant. Rei Q gets plenty of development, especially when she directly disobeys orders in order to preserve her life and then goes along with Shinji and Asuka despite them supposedly being her enemies. Everyone else like Misato and Ritsuko are arguably in BETTER positions as individuals than they were at this point in the original series.
>>
File: 41279231.jpg (860KB, 875x1000px) Image search: [Google]
41279231.jpg
860KB, 875x1000px
>>151764352
>I know it's a simplification, but you're exaggerating. It's more than just a vague comparison, the figurative pieces are in very similar positions compared to where they were in the original series.

Look, even if you didn't completely ruin your argument in the first sentence by admitting it's a simplification and then contradicting yourself in the next, you'd still be completely wrong by saying that the figurative pieces are in similar positions. Let's review:

>Asuka
Strange how short your bit here, wasn't it? In the original she was hundred percent comatose, and had become a broken doll. In the Rebuilds, she's still active with zero development, zero anything. In the series, there wasn't a "Asuka doesn't want anything to do with Shinji" angle AT ALL.

>Shinji
Like mentioned earlier, broken down is too vague.

>Misato
Misato in the series still openly cares for Shinji and never tries to threaten or harm him, it is only Shinji who needs time alone here.

>Ritsuko
Ritsuko never cared or alienated Shinji. They were never close.

>Rei Q
Rei Q isn't Rei, and Rei III wasn't a doll. Separate characters, nothing alike. Zero development.

>Kaworu
Kaworu "dying" now is part of a timeloop and like you said, cuts away the entire essence of the original. Their relationship is different again.

They are not in similar positions, and you can only say that if you grossly misinterpret the original.
>>
File: not diso shitto again.jpg (33KB, 505x291px) Image search: [Google]
not diso shitto again.jpg
33KB, 505x291px
>>151764352
>>
>>151741572
She was angry Misato was late and fucking Kaji. She used Shinji as comfort.
>>
>>151764553
'tis life
>>
>>151763659
>ofc
Fuck off newfag shit.
>>
>>151764532
I read strangle instead of strange, kill me.
>>
>>151764590
No one cares.
>>
>>151745291
No, she wasn't. Anno and Gainax even laughed when anyone brought them up as a serious couple. She was a horny teenager, looking for comfort and validation. This isn't love. Shinji was using her as an outlet of sexual desires and objectives her, this wasn't love either.

They are both fuck up.
>>
>>151745823
Misato was a parallel for SHINJI, not Asuka.

And Kaworu was created to be Shinji's Kaji. Same mannerisms to boot. So in losing him, Shinji could understand how shitty Misato felt for losing Kaji.
>>
>>151764590
>>
File: lhV8mJX[1].jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lhV8mJX[1].jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>151764646
>when anyone brought them up as a serious couple
>>
>>151764723
>that filename
Really, faggot?
>>
>>151764646
They aren't fit to love anyone period, they only have themselves.
>>
>>151765043
And each other after EoE when they realized they were basically two faces of the same person.
>>
>>151765043
>>151765090
Can you faggots fuck off back to Evageeks already?
>>
>>151760179
>fuck its tasteless fanservice
>fuck its moronic fanbase
these are your only somewhat valid criticisms, and even then the fan service is usually tied into some character development
>>
>>151764706
First, Shinji didn't show any signs of understanding Misato at this point
Second, Misato wasn't bothered that much by Kaji's death (unlike Shinji by Kaworu's death)
Also I think that we speak about completely different parallels. Stop reading blogs and think for yourself, dumb shipper
>>
>>151765233
This
Nearly all fanservice is either symbolism or projection, a few exceptions
>>
>>151765235
I'm pretty sure Misato cried for alike a whole night after Kaji died.
>>
>>151765323
And? She didn't become a crying corpse like Shinji. She continued her work.
>>
>>151765399
Actually, when Misato was Shinji's age, she became catatonic for two whole years.
>>
File: all reactions at once.jpg (134KB, 580x276px) Image search: [Google]
all reactions at once.jpg
134KB, 580x276px
>>151765235
>Second, Misato wasn't bothered that much by Kaji's death
>>
>>151764532
>>151764352
>no response

As expected by someone clearly fucking bullshitting.
>>
i always thought misato represented the broken adult that the society of EVA (stand-in for Japanese society) produced; has a sense of responsibility, can somewhat do her job when shit gets going but is laden with internal issues to the point it's unbearable

i'm pretty sure anno said something to this extent in an old interview
>>
>>151765399
Well Misato is 29 years old and Shinji is just a teen.
>>
File: 1480869934761.jpg (70KB, 500x568px) Image search: [Google]
1480869934761.jpg
70KB, 500x568px
>>151741703
rewatch it
>>
>>151765897
I agree, but 20 years later we're modern enough that it can apply to just about any place. Except Wales. Fuck Wales.
>>
>>151745823
dont talk bad about misato you bitch
>>
>>151765534
Shinji and Asuka are both already ahead of the curve, too. He started a craft project and she's already talking.
>>
File: 1460682667457.jpg (62KB, 405x664px) Image search: [Google]
1460682667457.jpg
62KB, 405x664px
>>151741703
Include me in the screencap!
>>
File: 15-wont_hold.jpg (9KB, 314x237px) Image search: [Google]
15-wont_hold.jpg
9KB, 314x237px
>>151741703
there's more to it
>>
>>151766898
>>151766458
You may stop replying now, you loser faggot.
>>
File: Cattura.png (66KB, 466x433px) Image search: [Google]
Cattura.png
66KB, 466x433px
>>151767206
okay
>>
File: (you).jpg (53KB, 480x264px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
53KB, 480x264px
>>151767206
One (you) coming up.
>>
File: 1391418118541.gif (2MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1391418118541.gif
2MB, 160x120px
>>151764352
Congratulations on making the worst post in this thread.
>>
File: Asuka 3.33 twinkle eyes.gif (999KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka 3.33 twinkle eyes.gif
999KB, 500x280px
>>151764352
For some one that wants nothing to do with Shinji, she accidently calls out his name when she's in trouble and almost is in tears at thought of Shinji saving her.
>>
File: 1482324418025.jpg (29KB, 376x387px) Image search: [Google]
1482324418025.jpg
29KB, 376x387px
I cum from the future.

Ritsuko shoots Gendo.
Kaworu appears twice, once in a dream sequence and once during instrumentality.
There is a provisional eva again.
There is a synchroo dance sequence (won't tell you which 2 characters it's supposed to be a secret)
There is a jojo reference.
There is a giant Mari.
The wunder will have an aerial battle against another ship.
MP Evas are a thing but not as good as the originals.
No one finds love in the end.
It is an open ending.
>>
>>151767853
kill me pls
>no one finds love at the end
kill Anno pls
>>
>>151767853
>>151767961
I could have sworn that Anno said that 4.0 would be a happy ending.
>>
>>151767323
shopped
>>
File: tang.jpg (24KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
tang.jpg
24KB, 474x474px
4.44 POST CREDIT SCENE:
>Shinji wakes up back in his room at Misato's apartment
>same cell-shaded 90s animation style as the original series
>stares at the unfamiliar ceiling and thinks about what a crazy dream he just had
>Mari pulls herself out from under the covers and demands that Shinji fuck her
>FIN
>>
>>151768613
>>151767853
Do you get off on being this shitty?
>>
>>151767365
I thought there were no more (you)s.
>>
>>151768817
>*tips fedora*
>>
>>151741572
She was obviously attracted to him. But remember that she also idolised Kaji, and just watched as Misato took him away, maybe she was trying to get back at Misato by "taking" Shinjii from her. Because she was so immature, a kiss was her only idea for emotional intimacy other than sex. She gets a slap in the face when Shinji doesn't respond as enthusiastically to her as she imagines Kaji does to Misato. The whole thing was just Asuka grappling and struggling with the concept of intimacy .
>>
File: 1479592492571.jpg (25KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1479592492571.jpg
25KB, 500x412px
>>151766458
include me too>>151767323
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.