[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys consider to be drama that isn't forced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1479265316674.jpg (379KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479265316674.jpg
379KB, 1280x720px
What do you guys consider to be drama that isn't forced
>>
Nonexistent.
>>
When it's believable, because you can on some level understand the thoughts going through the characters' heads to cause whatever tension is going on.

Which makes it pretty subjective. Like if you're too autistic to understand the thoughts and feelings of others, all drama looks like forced drama.
>>
Are you asking this because of Girlish Number? The drama in that show is forced in the sense that it didn't try to be one for 6 episodes. It shifted moods mid-season and didn't really know what it wanted to be at the end.
>>
>>151739673
No, it's usually pretty easy to detect forced drama regardless of whether it's enjoyable or believable. It's much more objective than most think.

If the author's interests, advancement of the plot, or catering to a demographic conveniently line up with the events of a story then it's most likely forced.
>>
>>151739936
There were plenty of obvious hints of incoming drama in the first 6 episodes though, at least in case of Momoka and Kazuha
>>
>>151740348
There were more than hints. There was drama.

The LN author getting overruled and ignored, the seiyuu slamming, and the project failing in general happened then.

Don't know what that anon is talking about.
>>
>>151739673
Nah, it's not really about that. What should be believable, preferably, is the source of the drama and the way it's introduced into the story and the way the characters react to it. Whenever a story forces the pathos down your throat to make you feel things without proper characterization or convincing story telling, it's usually forced drama. When a character's personality has not been depicted artfully (through their attitudes on certain events or backstory) and the tension is overblown and never explained why that's forced drama, more so if the whole thing is discarded shortly after. In general, it's whenever the author's hand is too noticeable.
But as you said, it's mostly subjective. The structure of drama allows for lots of free room to try different things and it all comes down to planning and execution. I don't care if it's forced or not, though.

Also, there's nothing necessarily wrong about a shift like this (>>151739936), because storytelling always relies on exposition->buildup->climax->build-down->resolution. Around mid season, that's when your climax happens (in a non episodic approach). In Girlish Number, the issue of having no work was always there. But just how real or how fucking awful is it? We don't really know, because it's just that the exposition and the tone of the show were such that it never fully permeated to the viewer nor to some of its characters (think Chitose), so when shit does happen, it feels as if it came out of the blue.
>>
File: i-am-biggest-on-the-galaxy.jpg (57KB, 392x495px) Image search: [Google]
i-am-biggest-on-the-galaxy.jpg
57KB, 392x495px
>>151739673
tfw I'm too autistic, don't even watch anime. Just How It's Made all day.
>>
>>151739055
When the entire logic of the show is bent and twisted in favor of shallow conflict for the sake of conflict.
>>
>>151739128
This. All drama is forced, the only difference is the degree and how it fits into the series.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.