[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened? Few years back it was considered the next big

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: durarara2.jpg (2MB, 4552x3043px) Image search: [Google]
durarara2.jpg
2MB, 4552x3043px
What happened? Few years back it was considered the next big thing and now when we finally got new anime episodes people barely care anymore. There obviously were threads when the show was airing but now it seems forgotten.

>inb4 it was just a poor man's Baccano
>>
>>151713348
I don't know. I went in expecting some kind of modern Baccano, but it just felt boring. I ended up only getting through two episodes before dropping it.
>>
>Few years back it was considered the next big thing

For real?
>>
>>151713430
Yeah it was really popular at the time
>>
>>151713348
Mikado is shit.
>>
>>151713613
I think you mean best boy.
>>
>>151713430
It was mainly fujoshi who obsessed over Izaya and Shizuo
>>
>>151713348
The stupid arcs focusing on he three annoying kids with the not!2chan thing. It was awful and all 3 of them were completely unlikeable.
>>
File: 1295269602609.png (279KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1295269602609.png
279KB, 800x600px
It was okay at first but Japanese just can't do thugs.

In the end all you have a is just a tiny little chink pretending to be tough.
>>
>>151713613
MIkado's development and conflict was great, stupid.
>>
I liked it, however I didn't watch the end season. Like an anon above said, the children were not very likable protagonists.

I wanted more Varona....
>>
>>151713430
not on /a/
never was
>>
>>151713770
Varona x Shizuo best couple
>>
>>151713770
If you really won't watch the second season Mikado goes full edge mode in the last season because Izaya and not izaya kept fucking with his head.
>>
>No Shizuo and Celty just hanging out episodes

Underexplored friebdship desu
>>
>>151713762
>bland guy turns into an edgelord
>>
>>151713837
But why it happened was interesting.
>>
>>151713348
I only really started watching it because I liked the character designer from the Devil Survivor games. I need to get around to watching x2 one of these days though.
>>
>>151713808
Yeah I was watching up until the season end, then I just didn't start the new one. I think its due for a good watch soon. Its not like it was downright horrible or anything. If I remember right; Mikado did start getting pissed, ex gang leader kun finally got off his girlfriends lap, and boobsword is still monotone boring boobsword.

Honestly I wish they would of aimed this show towards the seinen demographic.
>>
I think the biggest problem with season 2 was probably the gaps between cours. The cast exponentially grew from the first season and the breaks between cours made it harder to remember what was actually happening.
>>
Time does that.
>>151713430
It was popular enough here to spawn its own little community, who made a replica of the dollars website.
>>
>>151713348
It was really fun when the theme was just introducing individuals who had a story in the big city. The actual character interactions were lackluster after that, but the first season was really well done
>>
File: isaac and miria.jpg (39KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
isaac and miria.jpg
39KB, 500x563px
>>151713348
It just kind of fell off and I lost interest in it. By time it ended, I just didn't care anymore. Mikado, who I guess is sort of the main character was unlikable from beginning to end.

The only part I actually remember is Isaac and Miria's cameo. Baccano was much better and it's a shame it never got a second season.
>>
If Baccano was inspired by Tarantino and Ritchie, what inspired Durarara?
>>
>>151713348
Too many characters, factions and plot points to remember. By the time X2 airs, most people already forgot what happened during season 1. The gaps between cours during X2 isn't helping either.
>>
>>151713348
>it was just a poor man's Baccano
DRRR: poor man's Baccano
Mekaku City Actors: poor man's DRRR
>>
>>151716013
yeah
>>
>>151713729
Damn
>>
>>151713348
The last two cours were fucking awful and boring.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.