[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post the worst anime you watched in 2016. It was like Serial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Post the worst anime you watched in 2016.

It was like Serial Experiments Lain was instead attempted as a shoujo romance. I started reading the original book, Disqualified as a Human, and it was alright but the move to anime exaggerated all the worst aspects so it was like something an upper class liberal arts chick would write. Muh feels and all, but I couldn't identify with them at all. I hope the rest of the book doesn't become like that.
>>
File: mayoigawtf.jpg (81KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mayoigawtf.jpg
81KB, 1920x1080px
>>151707007
Quite obvious.
>>
>>151707007
>Disqualified from human
What the fuck God awful translation did you read? You know nothing of No Longer Human or Aoi Bungaku.
>>
>>151707007
So speaking of the book, I was just about to start reading Ningen Shikkaku since lit recommended it to me, how is it compared to other depressing literature in general?
>>
>>151707007
>I couldn't identify with them at all.
why do people think it's necessary for a story to accommodate their ego to be considered "good"?
>>
Youre favourite anime.
>>
>>151707272
It's Osamu Dasai, it's supposed to be depressing. The Setting Sun is my favorite though.
>>
>>151707007
Gundam Seed destiny
>>
File: vix1z65kqge5bxi7yvie.jpg (247KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
vix1z65kqge5bxi7yvie.jpg
247KB, 800x450px
>>151707007
>>
>>151707007
Look, the main issue with ningen shikkaku is that you can't show most of it on japanese tv
>>
>>151707007
>No Longer Human
>Lain
>Shoujo romance
What the fuck am I reading?

>>151707232
This line is literally present in the English version of the book:
>Disqualified as a human being.
"No longer human" has a little more impact. It sounds as the ultimate degree of human degradation, but I've read worse.

>>151707272
It's okay. A little mellow if you will. As I said before, the title makes it something that it's not. It's slightly more acid than dark imo, so not exactly the best or most depressive thing I've ever read and I must have read almost the entirety of that depressing / exit core charts from /lit/ (except for Gass' The Tunnel).

Check out Will'o the Wisp if you want something similar. Akutagawa's memoir (I think it was titled A fool's life), Buddenbrooks, The Emigrants, Jude the Obscure, Kokoro, Memoirs from the House of The Dead, The Plague, 2666, Journey to the End of the Night. These books have certainly tainted my soul. The Maimed is the most harrowing book I know of.

Btw, I put together this file with properly formatted ebooks years ago
>http tinyurl slash japaneselit
Check it out if you're into books.
>>
Agreed OP, Death Note was fucking shit.
>>
>>151707917
Fuck, how could I forget Emile Zola. That guy wrote only of drunkards, whores and failures in general and I can't recall a single happy ending. He is the first face that comes to mind when I think of the color gray.
>>
>>151707917
Okay, thanks for the reccomendations anon, I appreciate the work you put into the list.
>>
>>151707917
>The Maimed is the most harrowing book I know of.

Do you happen to have a download link? I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>Aoi Bungaku
>"worst anime"
>Lain
>"Disqualified as a Human"
>he doesn't even read classic
Jesus Christ. Is this bait thread or OP is underage?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.