[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do anime fans not mind special edition changes while Star

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: madoka-tv-vs-bd-002.jpg (457KB, 900x1920px) Image search: [Google]
madoka-tv-vs-bd-002.jpg
457KB, 900x1920px
Why do anime fans not mind special edition changes while Star Wars fans sperg out over them?
>>
because TV to BD changes are usually objective improvements
>>
As a hater of Star Wars, I can still understand them on this. Fucking hell how can CGI from 2011 look so bad?
>>
File: zUGDfi1.jpg (169KB, 880x1037px) Image search: [Google]
zUGDfi1.jpg
169KB, 880x1037px
>>151684973
>>
File: ZhEmTHN.jpg (88KB, 720x675px) Image search: [Google]
ZhEmTHN.jpg
88KB, 720x675px
>>151684973
This. Most changes done in anime blurays is remove censoring (beams, darker lights/colors, fumes, etc) and fix QUALITY/bad looking frames and sequances.

The average TV anime production is a clusterfuck where no one has time for anything.
>>
File: rXgvKl1.jpg (335KB, 1000x843px) Image search: [Google]
rXgvKl1.jpg
335KB, 1000x843px
>>
>>151685305
Not him but that's not a manga. That an effect blocked out the background in a shot does not suddenly deprive you of background detail during the whole scene.
>>
>>151684306
Because Star Wars edits is Fukuda/Seed Destiny remaster tier edits that fans neither wants nor cares.
>>
>>151684306
Because usually when people see disgusting animation or mistakes in anime they hope to god that they'll fix it in the BD
>>
>>151684306
Anime is typically produced with a limited animation budget, and frequently they have to draw shots in poor detail to save on costs. Once the anime is out, they can touch up those shots for the BD release.

Films rarely come up against issues like this, and Star Wars certainly never did. George is just a hack.
>>
SHAFT's "fixes" are because the original slideshow was skimped out on heavily.

Frankly I thought Mami living like a goddamn spartan warrior was pretty gud; it really drove home how empty Mami's life has been. And then SHAFT had to go and fill her apartment up with shit they were too cheap to draw the first time around.
>>
Long time star wars fan here. Allow me to explain.
Those are all minor changes. The changes made in the original trilogy are all terrible and unnecessary. Imagine if Madoka just randomly turned into an ugly cgi freak for absolutely no reason.
>>
File: anakin-return-of-the-jedi.png (3MB, 1900x816px) Image search: [Google]
anakin-return-of-the-jedi.png
3MB, 1900x816px
>To me, the special edition ones are the films I wanted to make. Anybody that makes films knows the film is never finished. It’s abandoned or it’s ripped out of your hands, and it’s thrown into the marketplace, never finished ... This is the movie I wanted it to be, and I’m sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it. But I want it to be the way I want it to be. I’m the one who has to take responsibility for it. I’m the one who has to have everybody throw rocks at me all the time, so at least if they’re going to throw rocks at me, they’re going to throw rocks at me for something I love rather than something I think is not very good, or at least something I think is not finished.
>>
>>151685686
>Anime is typically produced with a limited animation budget, and frequently they have to draw shots in poor detail to save on costs.
No, you've got it wrong. It has nothing to do with money, it has to do with time. Bad drawings are a result of sloppy work done in a rush. They'd normally ask for retakes, but you can't do those when you have to get the video into the broadcasting station the next day.

How would drawing poorly save money anyway? The animator doesn't get paid on a "per quality" basis, they get paid by the number of cuts they complete.
>>
>>151686727
Drawing poorly = less time per frame
More frames = more money
ergo
Drawing poorly = more money
>>
>>151684306
The biggest issue I have with the Special Editions are how unnatural the changes feel.

A New Hope was released in 1977, but the only legal way to view a Blu-Ray of it is with CG added in 1997.

It might have looked all fancy back then, but now it feels like a hack job from someone who didn't know when to leave well enough alone.

Anime BD edits are usually done months or even just weeks after a show airs, so it all mostly amounts to a consistent visual package.

Granted, just like some of the more erroneous changes in the Special Editions, BDs can also rarely make things look worse. At the same time though, with downloads for the broadcast version readily available, it's usually not that big of a problem.
>>
>>151685334
lmao what the fuck is that Eren.
>>
>>151688965
He meant for the studio. Not the animator
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.