[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people prefer Jojo Over pic related? It's much less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: fotns.jpg (216KB, 749x755px) Image search: [Google]
fotns.jpg
216KB, 749x755px
Why do people prefer Jojo Over pic related?
It's much less autistic and decent plot, outside of the extra arc with Roah/Ken-oh's kid.
>>
>>151678447
No good scans in english
>>
>>151678447
because people like different things
>>
>>151678705
Fair enough I suppose.
>>
File: jonathan joe.jpg (119KB, 1200x865px) Image search: [Google]
jonathan joe.jpg
119KB, 1200x865px
>>151678562
I think most of the main arc is available on print in English and in color. And if not the main arc is online for sure. Now the other spin off are admittedly hard to find.
>>
>>151678447
They are nothing alike though.

FOTNS is like kung-fu movies + Mad Max. Jojo is crazy shit + special powers.
>>
File: muro.jpg (659KB, 1000x1541px) Image search: [Google]
muro.jpg
659KB, 1000x1541px
>>151679468
Crazy shit and special powers like how Kenshiro can become essentially intangible with his Muso Tensei? As well as blowing up people with a touch? I mean it's not stands but they're both over the top.
>>
>>151678447

Do you see JoJo fans posting old scans, or talking about the old OVA? Do you see them talking about the old game? No, they only talk about the remake from the 2010's and the newest chapters of the manga.

If Hokuto no Ken got a modern remake that spanned multiple seasons, it would be really popular here.
>>
>>151679722
The old game is talked about extensively. Especially after support from Fightcade. Though I believe it was recently down.
>>
>>151678447
I admittedly haven't been exposed to much of FotNS but what I've seen does look interesting.

I have stuck with JoJo because stands are a cool concept that can constantly be reinvented. Also there is no one main character; Araki is always changing up the status quo with a new cast every part so it feels fresh every time.
>>
Fist of the North Star is honestly one of the best stories out there. It's a love story about not just romantic love but the love born between warriors through battle. I cried no fewer than 3 times.

>>151679722
I think you might be on to something.
>>
It's kind of old. JoJo has a modern adaptation and a manga that's still being updated monthly, while the original HnK ended decades ago. There's only so much you can talk about. Spinoffs aside, there's nothing much left.
>>
>>151678447
>decent plot
lol
>>
>>151679688
Kenshiro's powers are much more similar to Hamon in early JoJo

then stands rolled in and JoJo surpassed HnK
>>
>>151678447
because people like homo rip-offs.
>>
>>151682289
Wrong, jojo was better with hamon
>>
>>151684851
Hamon is plot device dog shit though. The quality of the fights improved tremendously when hamon was removed. Nothing in parts 1 or 2 touch half the fights in part 5.
>>
>>151684983
>muh fights
Stands are used as plot devices far more than hamon, as soon as they were introduced jotaro had to go kill dio because holly's stand was acting up. Hamon is a result of intense training, meditation and willpower and is obtained and improved through personal struggle. Stands are innate and suddenly unworthy mooks have the power of god without any effort at all.
>>
I really doubt FotNS is similar at all outside of Jonathan's final form being inspired by Ken.
>>
>>151685309
It's easy call any fictional mechanic a plot device, how does that make it bad? Stands are psychic powers that manifest in strong willed people with the potential for them and they become a major feature of the story for the rest of the series there's not a damn thing wrong with that compared to vampires and perfect superbeings. Everyone who has one either clearly has a lot of experience using them or progressively becomes much better at it so its not like idiots just stand still as ghosts punch each other for several pages. They were just a mechanic evolved from the bullshit Joesph was already doing with his hamon who already dried the well with its potential. What the fuck else did you want from it.
>>
>>151685309
Are you mad because you think hamon required more effort and the results of traning it paid off?
>Lisa Lisa, a hamon master who trained her whole life jobed to Kars
>Ceaser who had more training then Joshep did less damage to the pillar men then Joshep
>Joshep, who had no formal hamon training took out a vampire and a piller man, and with the only training he had took out 3 pillar men via tricks and asspulls
>>
>>151687892

lisa lisa had to job by trickery though, she was too OP
>>
>>151687892
It's all fine because Hamon got thrown out the window
>>
>>151684851
no

jojo was better when joseph was the main hero
>>
>>151685309
This does sound cooler, gives some meaning to a character's strength.
>>
>>151685309
Part 4 have tons of focus on Koichi, and how he learn and progress to use his stand better, this is even reflected by the evolution of the stand itself.
Most stand user are good with them because they have used them for a long time already. Koichi is what happen when you're a new stand user.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.