[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm probably thinking more about it than Araki did at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I'm probably thinking more about it than Araki did at the time.

But a reason Dio might've ended up with such an awesome, completely broken stand is because with his vampiric body he could afford the abuse of several arrow shots, and shed off weaker Stands like snakeskins.

Basically just rerolling his character sheet over and over until he got the best combo.

Although I'm sure I'm forgetting some scenes that directly contradict this.
>>
File: kq pose.png (42KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
kq pose.png
42KB, 600x800px
we already have a thread, we don't need to keep creating new ones.
>>151629461
>>
>>151636427
Nah fuck generals.

How did I know there would be an issue with even making this thread?

I haven't been to /a/ in years. You guys still have bugs up your ass about nothing.
>>
nope

while I think stopping time is overall the most useful ability even though dio and jotaro have to trade 150 iq points to get it, there are plenty of stronger stands that had nothing to do with vampire users
>>
I just like the idea that The World is actually Jonathon's stand. It justifies why two people have what is basically the same OP stand with the fact the owner's of each stand are blood related. Dio's natural stand is Scary Monster.

>>151637459
OP's theory still works. Its possible to win the Stand lottery through purely luck, but being able to play mutliple times, through vampiric regen, is going to increase your chance of winning based on the numbers game alone.
>>
I prefer to think stand ability has more to do with the user's personality than anything. Its why Jotaro and DIO have really powerful stands while someone like Hol Horse has a weak stand (even though it should technically be powerful).
>>
>>151638334
I saw a theory that the world is Jonathan's stand and hermit purple 2.0 is dios stand. I think in one of the novels/side-mangas, duo mentions that Jonathan's stand would have been the world
>>
>>151636291
I prefer the theory that DIO can use the stands of the Joestar bloodline, and that's why he can use a rip-off of Hermit Purple and Star Platinum and why The World had almost the same design as Crazy Diamond
>>
>>151638334
>Dio's natural stand is Scary Monster.
You couldn't be more wrong.That stand belonged to Dr. Ferdinand.
Besides the alt DIO at the end of part 7 HAD The world and he wasn't even a vampire
>>
File: jojo dio face.png (53KB, 165x377px) Image search: [Google]
jojo dio face.png
53KB, 165x377px
But Stands are just manifestations of peoples life-force.
What does it matter if Dio has vampire regen?
Even if he "dies" as a vampire and comes back, it's still the same Dio.
Why should it reroll his Stand?

Just finished Part 3 a week ago so ignore me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>151641700
you probably don't understand how the arrow works considering you just finished part 3
>>
>>151638724
That theory has been debased considering that Araki himself has said that DIO has The World and then Hermit Purple II is Jonathan's stand.

>>151641700
>>151641781
Piercing yourself repeatedly doesn't "reroll" your stand. After awakening your base stand it can unlock new powers if you pierce yourself in desperation and it considers you worthy. You can also pierce your STAND itself with the arrow, which develops it into a Requiem stand but only works, again, when the user is in desperate circumstances.
>>
>>151641942
Like when Polnareff dropped the arrow behind the dresser?
>>
>>151638402
Hol Horse could've killed Kira at the tailor's shop without worrying about muh 2m range. His stand isn't weak at all.
>>
>>151638402
I wouldn't call Hol Horse's stand weak. A stand that can fire bullets that can change direction on a dime isn't really a bad stand. It falls back on Hol Horse himself.
>>
>>151643980
>It falls back on Hol Horse himself.
Isn't this the case for just about every stand?

Star Platinum, despite being admittedly incredibly powerful, almost went down to Anubis and Jotaro admitted that it was about the toughest fight he'd yet had.

Or the Tower stand, I think it was, that was almost impossible to hit.

Meanwhile, Hermit Purple could have potentially wrecked Dio with the right combination of it and Hamon (though Dio was smart enough to not fall for the gambit), and can certainly obliterate most vampires en masse just by infusing it with Ripple and then using it like a whip.

In part it really does come down to your creativity and knowledge of what the stand can do.
>>
>>151642457
The writing is way too convenient.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.