[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angel's Egg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: angels-egg-1.jpg (75KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
angels-egg-1.jpg
75KB, 600x338px
What was your interpretation?
>>
That the guy is a bully.
>>
>>151628850
Is he though? Or was what he did not completely wrong?
>>
>>151628867
Everything is fucked up anyways, why not let the little girl have it?
>>
>>151628891
Some suggest that the egg was representing faith, which was shown to be false faith as the truth was that it was empty. Maybe he was "helping" her escape from that?
>>
>>151628595
On a literal level it's a cynical re-telling of Noah's ark where the waters never receded - the man tells a version of the story and the last slowly-panning out shot slowly reveals they're not just on a landmass but actually on the overturned arc floating in a never-ending sea.
>>
>>151629087
I could never tell what that island was at the end. I can totally see the shape of an overturned boat now that you point that out.
>>
Didn't really bother trying to know what was going on, but fuck was it a visual masterpiece
>>
File: I like where this is going.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I like where this is going.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>151628850
He's a hundred times better than a lot of us would have been in his position, I imagine. If it were me some truly shameful things would have been done.
>>
File: 1482596366177.jpg (78KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482596366177.jpg
78KB, 853x480px
>>151629964
He also looks cool.
>>
File: 1423981587973.jpg (34KB, 424x292px) Image search: [Google]
1423981587973.jpg
34KB, 424x292px
>>151629087
Haunting scene. That god-tier music gets me every time.
>>
Its about the loss of Religion.
Dude was going through some phases when he made it (Christianity)
>>
>>151630033
Yeah he does, never got to see what that menacing cross thing could do though. The fishermen were pretty badass too, loved that sequence.
>>
>>151629087
I got the overturned arc and most references in the movie, but what the hell was the flying eye with statues at the end all about?
I guess it's about ascendance after death and the floating eye is god, Oshii probably meant the scene to be as empty as I perceived it: the girl kept her blind faith to the end and she was taken into god's "garden", but everyone there was just an empty husk of their former self, yet raised on a pedestal like a saint (hence the statues).
>>
>>151628595
spoilers warning

god wants to reset the world to update to windows 10 (ad brought you by...)
create arc of souls
kill everyone with the flood
wait a minute there is one missing
damn jesus go and look for it
girl is the only survivor because satan give her the egg that represent her fear to death making her immortal to troll god.
she saw the cruelty of the world in the shadows of the fisher men and the remains of war everywhere
she is afraid, jesus dont have time to bullshit and destroy the egg making her mortal again. she dies drowned like anyone else fuck yeah, no privileges for you bitch.
she goes to the arc of souls, god leaves the planet ready to blow the shit out of it and make a hard reset.
jesus is like wait... what?

end.
jesus dies for our sins... again the revengeance.
>>
>>151630033
That's certainly true.
>>
Heard a lot of theories about the egg. It was her purity (not only sexual) that the guy stole, it was false hope that the guy crushed, it was her individuality in the end she becomes just another statue among many, it was a representation of the passing to the afterlife, so on and so froth

Despite all that I just go as >>151629950 goes and just enjoy the visuals
>>
>>151630818
Have you seen Cat Soup? I felt that one was about God disappointed with his created world and deciding to reset it.
>>
>>151628957
Was it empty because it was empty, or was it empty because he broke it?
>>
>>151632105
cat soup is cute as fuck
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.