[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and the Devil Blues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Me_and_the_Devil_Blues_manga.jpg (23KB, 220x292px) Image search: [Google]
Me_and_the_Devil_Blues_manga.jpg
23KB, 220x292px
Just found out this began to pick up again.
Old news but good news. Anyone else happy about this? Also just give you're opinion on the work I guess.
>>
Does no one want to talk about it?
Bump.
>>
>>151628196
Reading it now. Always interesting to see manga about black people. Though, the ones I've read, ( two including this one) are never in modern times.
>>
>>151628196
It's a great manga. Wish he still kept up with this instead of Prison school.
>>
>>151629243
a nigga needs money
>>
>>151629183
What would be interesting about them in modern times?
>>
File: 1479970858479.png (228KB, 400x514px) Image search: [Google]
1479970858479.png
228KB, 400x514px
>>151629598
>What would be interesting about them in modern times?
>>
>>151629598
What do you mean? What's interesting about your average Japanese kid? Whatever you make interesting about them, right?
>>
>>151629842
Then what difference does it make if they're black?
>>
>>151628196

I always like manga with faust like stories?
>>
>>151629895
Because you don't see black main characters very often. It would be novel.
>>
Art is amazing, story isn't that good. I know there isn't a lot on Robert Johnson's history but to me the plot feels off for being something I was expecting to be historical. But fuck it's manga so I am probably just being autistic.
>>
Love this series. I love the art and direction behind it; it's fucking gorgeous. Could be written better but it's super good. Super glad I own it.
>>
>>151629895
How often do you see a black person in a manga? Its just interesting especially when they're actually the main character.
>>
Is this about the guy who supposedly sold his soul to the devil? sounds like an interesting read
>>
I read it five or six years ago, and loved it.

Noticed on MAL that it was listed as Ongoing, and looked back into it. I tried Prison School last week (after not reading a single manga for three years) and was shocked at how shit it was compared to the fond memories I had of I read it five or six years ago, and loved it.

Noticed on MAL that it was listed as Ongoing, and looked back into it. I tried Prison School last week (after not reading a single manga for three years) and was shocked at how shit it was compared to the fond memories I had of MatDB.
>>
>>151631278
It is, although the beginning can be a bit confusing to read. It was made as the same guy who mad prison school.
>>
I wish there were more black protagonists in my chink cartoons. Why must they be so racist?
>>
>>151631602
>It was made as the same guy who mad prison school.
That should never be the order in which someone is introduced to the author
>>
>>151632013
Don't worry, anon. I'm just as disappointed in myself because of how that turned out.
>>
>same author as prison school
>>
File: Free_Soul_000c.png (1MB, 1953x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Free_Soul_000c.png
1MB, 1953x1400px
Loved it, shit show of an ending, but its supposed continuation will hopefully make up for that.

>>151629183
The few I've read that are either black or draw from black culture have all been really good. Not that I go actively looking for it mind you, so I'm sure there's shit out there too.
>>
>>151628196
Shit, someone picked this back up? I need to catch up on this.
>>
>>151629895
What difference does it make if they're Japanese?
>>
>>151634088
Don't worry, it's Illuminati; you'll have 15 years before you need to worry about "catching up".
>>
>>151628196
I'm happy about this and wish chapters come out faster.

I like prison school and all and comedy is probably where Hiramoto's heart is, but Devil Blues is a very compelling read.
>>
Nigger trigger
>>
>>151628196
Gotta wonder is Akira under some contract that states for every 50 chapters of PS he gets to release one chapter of this.
>>
>>151628196

I thought it was cancelled?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.