[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A harem anime about a cocky teenage protagonist and a dozen of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_8295.png (3MB, 2017x1394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8295.png
3MB, 2017x1394px
A harem anime about a cocky teenage protagonist and a dozen of waifu-baits is somehow the most popular anime of 2016.

Why are the most desperate and least original shows always the most popular ones?
>>
Self insert teenagers.

Thats all you need to know.
>>
>>151612187
Who's your favorite harem girl? Mine is Elsa because she's so hot. She wants what's inside of him so bad.
>>
>>151612187
Same reason why capeshit is so popular
>>
>>151612187
The clown girl and the red-haired tomboy in the back are the best.
>>
Looks like /a/ is also filled with plebeians. How sad.
>>
Pretty females are waifu-baits?

And Subaru doesn't have harem. He wants Emilia to love him and only Rem does.
>>
>>151613448
A show is waifu-bait if the majority of the main characters are attractive females with cookie-cutter personalities to appeal to the different 'tastes' of the weebs with ease, usually coupled with a lot of fanservice and bathing scenes because that's what makes figures and bodypillows sell.

Doesn't have to show all the characters being interested in the arrogant teenage MC's dick.
>>
>>151613448
>Pretty females are waifu-baits?

They weren't once, if you can believe that. They are now, though. You can't even see a thread on /a/ about older shit that wasn't about moe waifuism without some faggots claiming waifus as if it was.

It is the nature of the fandom right now. They're less interested in an anime being entertaining and telling a good story and more interested in finding the next thing to fap to.
>>
>>151613825
>usually coupled with a lot of fanservice and bathing scenes because that's what makes figures and bodypillows sell.
Man I love all those fanservice scenes, they were so boner inducing. Pic related is my favorite, what's yours?
>>
Because it advertises itself as being "different" to make its viewers feel intelligent, even though it's almost no different than the shows they usually scoff at, like SAO and NGNL
>>
>>151612187
>the most popular anime of 2016.
that's not yuri on ice though
>>
>>151613448
Serious discussion probably doesn't belong here.

Ignoring that, I think the LN has been changing scenes in preparation for a Season 2. As in, every scene which directly references a scene the anime cut has been altered. Many of those scenes are still present in the earlier volumes, but little things are changed to avoid direct reference in the later ones. For instance, Subaru doesn't finish his sentence when he's about to bring up the polygamy idea. He doesn't seem to tell anyone he loves Rem, Emilia doesn't seem to notice it, and she doesn't joke that he's a cheater either. Subaru never seems to get a chance for real alone time with Rem's body either.

So, that seems to be their solution to any possible confusion anime-onlys would have had in Season 2. They swept it under the rug for now. Maybe Subaru properly says it in a scene I've yet to see, or maybe the translation I'm looking at is just shit.
>>
>>151614191
The obvious ones like the one where Rem is brutally mutilated or Emilia is disemboweled by the bowel hunter.
>>
File: IMG_8296.jpg (212KB, 1400x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8296.jpg
212KB, 1400x749px
>>151614392
>>
How far along is the LN compared to the WN?
>>
>>151615647

LN is on Arc 4, WN is on Arc 6
>>
>>151615741
Happen to know where at in Arc 4 it's at?
>>
>>151615647
WN is at the beginning of Arc 6, LN is at the beginning of Arc 4. The LN seems to be cutting a lot out from Arc 4, which is the longest Arc in the WN, and not all of the cuts or changes seem to be very good.

Comparing the two, the "Summary" we have of Arc 4 in the WN actually seems more detailed than Arc 4 in the LN.
>>
>>151615816
It got to the point of Satella's rampage, or so I've heard.
>>
>>151615816
Volume 11 ended with Satella possessing Emilia.
>>
File: I've seen some shit.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I've seen some shit.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
The anime wasn't bad, but it did feel bipolar at times, as it seems to celebrate Subarus's boldness to take on issues way out of his league in its first half, but then ridicule and punish him for acting like this in the next arc.

Speaking of punishment, the one he had to endure was ridiculously out of proportion. Sure he had some flaws to his character, but he didn't need to go on a ride at the BAD END rollercoaster to understand that.

And most of the times it seemed like the show was actually chastising Subaru for being an ordinary human in a world of snowflakes, rather than for his brain problems.
>>
>>151612187
Dumb ass teenagers. Re zero is complete fucking garbage and can't be unironically watched by someone over 18.
>>
>>151616181
My favorite anime of 2016.
>>
>>151613825
>'tastes' of the weebs
>implying Japan gives one shit about non-nips

lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
>>151616379
He's just a shitposter and most likely a crossboarder, just like the other guy on this board who likened the otaku to "the migrants to which you give everything".and who were responsible for "ruining anime".
>>
File: 1405029214135.png (40KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
1405029214135.png
40KB, 324x246px
>>151616181
You can't stop me
>>
>>151615485
Flipland is gay as fuck
>>
>>151616484
There are many fujos there and the ironic fb shitposters likes it too
>>
>>151616465
bingo
>>
>>151616469
>you can't stop me i'll eat out of dumpsters any way
Sure, whatever. Too bad that because of people like you, there will be much more of this garbage in years to come and everyone will be eating out of dumpsters.
>>
Echidona is best girl.
>>
>>151616723
>Minerva is best girl
Fix'd
>>
>>151616710
>there will be much more of this garbage in years to come
You make it sound like that's a negative thing.
>>
>>151616181
I actually don't disagree, but the WN seems a little better.
>>
>>151616800
t. dumpster diver
>>
>>151612187
It's not a harem anime though. Can /a/ at least know the show they're bitching about before shitposting?
>>
>>151616776
Also acceptable.
>>
>>151612187
>the most popular anime of 2016
It's not.
>>
>>151612187
Why is SAO so popular? Why is GC have an insanely loyal following? OP-kun, it's all about pleb taste.
>>
>>151612187
You are right, because Jojo is the most popular anime of 2016.
>>
>>151616181
Of course, it's not without faults and I can see how some of Subaru's less than stellar decisions might be annoying to watch, but I still think it's far from being garbage. Personally, I found it enjoyable to watch.
>>
File: 5645645645367365.png (399KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
5645645645367365.png
399KB, 532x582px
WN/LNfags, does Subaru actually get stronger later on or does he remain a bitch?
>>
File: GEASS.png (433KB, 900x617px) Image search: [Google]
GEASS.png
433KB, 900x617px
>>151612187
wasn't it the same of 2006?
>>
File: 1482877972410.png (2MB, 1280x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1482877972410.png
2MB, 1280x1632px
>self-incerting
>re:zero
My sides. /a/ was so buttmad about inability to self-incert into Subaru so they shitpost about "reddit:zero" even today un every AOTY thread. This is alone makes Re:zero good.
>>
>>151618482
Both. He's definitely stronger, but still well below everyone else for the most part. I hear he's about as skilled as Regulus in a fight, and Regulus is an amateur who relies on having godmode permanently on.
>>
File: 1337240649541.gif (2MB, 403x234px) Image search: [Google]
1337240649541.gif
2MB, 403x234px
>>151619204
>Literally anytime a MC with serious and distinct character issues is call a self-insert
Re:Zero aint the first and it wont be the last.
>>
>>151619440
Name some characters that so disgusting and pathetic as Subaru. Don't mention Shinji.
>>
>>151618482
Not by much. He does have the interesting part of acquiring the powers of the bishops he kills.

So far he got Sloth's and Greed. Greed being a power to stop time around the user making anything they touch break apart since it's like touching something moving a insane speeds i'd guess, or simply touching outside time.

Problem is, using it causes him pain, extreme pain, and the powers seem to be generally weak, but in a way improved, like the fact that Subaru's unseen hand can't be destroyed, and phases through things, but he can only summon one and it's short range.
>>
I'll give it this: it's one of the better isekei shows in quite a while. The teenage protag actually has a personality, is weak ability wise, and at times makes so many cringy and odd decisions that he's impossible to self insert on, which is a positive. In terms of the female cast, yeah, they are your typical "choose a waifu, any waifu" female cast of a isekai LN adaption, but there's no typical fanservice for any of them (panty shots, bathing scenes, etc). Well, unless girls dying, getting tortured, or getting their hearts broken is a turn on or something.

It's not perfect, but considering all the isekai manga/LN out there, this was probably one of the more intersting ones to adapt because it does something interesting with its plot due to the time resets. It's just not generic fantasy with slight video game elements.
>>
>>151613448
>>151616882
>>151619009

In the past decade we had haremshit where multiple girls loved the mc and non/1/multiple girls won,
haremshit where the main girl became the girlfriend early on and more heroines were added constantly,
haremshit where no girl fell in love with the mc but they became loyal female friends/servants/comrades,
haremshit where the mc was the villain and the girls tried to stop him,
haremshit where the mc was the hero and the girls where the villains,
haremshit where the mc wanted to actually have a harem of girls at his disposal,
haremshit filled with ntr cheating and complex relationships between the mc and the girls,
haremshit where the mc helped individual girls in individual arcs ,
haremshit where the mc raised a family filled with female characters,
haremshit where the mc just lived his daily life in a school/work setting with multiple girls,
haremshit where the mc was transformed into a girl/dog/monster/object/android, etc putting him in crazy comical situations with multiple girls,
haremshit with older characters who lost their wives for different reasons (death, divorce) and find themselves being helped by multiple girls without any romantic development,
and so many more variations like that.

We had so many types of haremshit series, and people still can't learn that bitches falling in love for the mc is irrelevant, the haremshit genre is defined by a male protagonist interacting with multiple heroines for whatever reason the author seek convenient, that interaction and the development of the story being done thanks to that interaction is what defines the harem genre, this aspect can consume a fraction time of the story or the majority of it , the author will decide,if bitches fall in love is something the Romance genre have to deal with.
When you look the structure of re zero, the mc always trying to help the heroines, failing and being saved by them, making the story move forward, yeah, re zero is haremshit.
>>
>>151620560

I thought haremshit was when there were like 5 girls lusting after mc's dick.
>>
>>151620560
>haremshit where the mc was the villain and the girls tried to stop him,
>haremshit where the mc was the hero and the girls where the villains

Which ones were these? These actually sound slightly interesting.
>>
>>151612187
It's the mix of gore, action and drama, kids think these elements make anime mature, deep and complex, kids always want to make people think they are mature, so they consume products they see as "mature" so they can look mature, this is a silly way of thinking but if you have a child or a little brother you know that's how they act and think. In the other hand the otaku will always consume their haremshit and moeshit regardless of how generic it is.

>>151620560
It's nice to see /a/ still have some people who can explain and see a haremshit as haremshit without a blindfold.

>>151620835
I don't know what he is referencing, but Umineko kinda have a mc fighting with different girls to prove magic doesn't exist to prevent the death of the people involved in the story. Shakugan no Shana had the mc turn in the final boss to fight almost everybody, but he is probably talking about something different.
>>
>>151612187
Isn't one of the harem a guy? Never watched it.
>>
>>151620560
Talk about stretching the meaning of a term so you can use to for anything you dislike.
>>
>>151622811
>It's the mix of gore, action and drama, kids think these elements make anime mature, deep and complex, kids always want to make people think they are mature, so they consume products they see as "mature" so they can look mature, this is a silly way of thinking but if you have a child or a little brother you know that's how they act and think.

When you put it that way... we had as big hits the last years attack on titan and tokyo ghoul, with people dying, blood gore and shit, I think you are into something. I didn't like reeee because the mc was too retarded and unlikable.
>>
>>151623371
That's the backbone of the /a/ community.
>>
>>151623486
Oh I know. I've still been complaining about it for several years and I'll keep doing it.
>>
>>151622811
>>151620560
>I hate everything you like
>>
>>151620560
>everything with females is "haremshit"
I bet if it had no females you'd complain about "fujoshit" instead.
>>
>>151623687
Reminds me of that:
>if it's X, it's Y
copypasta.
>>
>>151613825
>cookie-cutter personalities

>Rem
>Not an extremely developed character

yeah, okay
>>
>>151624356
You wouldn't get that from just the anime though unless you're really paying attention. 9 volumes in 25 episodes fucked every character to some extent.
>>
i like it for the groundhog day effect
>>
So when is that trail that Subaru kills himself and freaks everyone out? Doesn't seem like it's part of the translated text so far.
>>
>>151624425
Yep. Worst part is that it seems the anime is fucking with the LN now. They haven't directly referenced any of the scenes that were cut. The "INTENSE FRIENDSHIP" memes are coming true, as it seems they've been butchering all of the Rem coma scenes by using much vaguer words and not letting Subaru finish his sentence when he was trying to tell Emilia about the polygamy idea.

At this rate, the Witch of Lust scene might end up being the first time in LN Arc 4 that Subaru directly states he's in love with Rem, if that scene isn't also butchered.
>>
>>151625688
The second one? Its translated, its chapter 70-something.
>>
>>151623371
This is why I barely spend time on /a/ nowadays and I think most of the oldest people barely come anymore... he may sound harsh but he is not trash talking , here we use terms like haremshit, moeshit, fujoshit, shonenshit as slang language, the same way we use the term fag.

He is explaining and clarifying something that people who doesn't have enough experience don't understand about harem series, he is trying to say that not all harem series are about love, or the mc being loved, harem series are actually categorized as such when a male mc is constantly dealing with a lot of main girls, we have watched these series for long enough to know a lot of alternatives the genre have to offer and he enumerated a bunch of them, but on the internet and among plebs the harem genre have a bad reputation because it is badly defined as "a lot of girls loving the mc" when we know that's a wrong definition.

Unless you have a biased bad opinion about harems, or you are using the wrong definition of harems which we classify as -multilateral romantic harem for it's distinction-, there is nothing wrong with calling re:rezo or any other show a harem because the show follows the main structure which defines and it is present in all harem series.

Remember genres are accumulative, each show have multiple genres, fantasy setting and elements? fantasy genre, plus, fights battles challenges? action genre, plus, a male lead with multiple heroines put in his way? harem genre, it's easy to see once you had watched this type of shows a lot of times.

Just like the guy said, you can have harem series with no romance at all, harem series with a individual romance, harem series with a love triangle, and a harem series with a multilateral romance -this is the only type of harem series that plebs know as I said before-, because once again, the harem genre is about the male lead dealing with a lot of main girls.
>>
>>151626068
It's not part of that chickentranslation, is it?
>>
>>151612187
Why is Fate Stay Night so popular?
>>
>>151626203
No, its the 'summary'

Chicken is going for accuracy and is way, way slower. That said, the accuracy of the 'summary' isn't particularly bad, and its a mostly complete translation, the translator just doesn't feel confident about commiting it as a translation..
>>
>>151626149
That's literally not what the word 'harem' means or implies, and you're dumb for even typing all that shit out.
>>
>>151626297
Why is the order for the summary so jumbled? Can't find where to start.
>>
>>151616181
Dumb ass teenagers. Anime is complete fucking garbage and can't be unironically watched by someone over 18.
>>
>>151626149
>because once again, the harem genre is about the male lead dealing with a lot of main girls.
There are actually plenty of men who are part of the main cast in this series. The gender ratio is actually fairly even.
>>
>>151626349
If the current level of /a/ is so low that we even have to explain that the -harem genre-, the word -harem-, the expression -having a harem-, and the conclusion of having a -harem end- are 4 different things...

Harem genre, in anime, manga, ln, vn, is a genre used to describe something specific, the genre tells you that the series will have a male main character and that it will have multiple main heroines which will interact with him, this interaction will either bond the characters with -friendship-love-hatred-etc- moving the story forward, or the interaction will be most of what the series is all about -mostly used in sol/comedies/romance-, or the interaction will be a side element on a grand story, this structure and how the mc always finds himself being conveniently involved with new heroines or constantly involved with the same group of heroines for x reasons, it may give the illusion of the mc "having a harem" when that may not be the case, this is why the harem genre is called harem, even if in a lot of cases the mc actually have a harem it is not a requirement.

The harem word is normally used as a group of girls in love of the same individual. A lot of people confuse the word with the genre and

Having a harem, depending of the intention it can mean that somebody have many females in love with him, or that somebody is always surrounded by girls.

Harem end, we use the term to differentiate harem series which end with the male lead being romantically paired with a lot of the heroines at the same time.

>>151626531
And harem series like horizon in the middle of nowhere, log horizon, shana,etc, also have a big cast of male and female characters, the harem part -the interaction between mc and the heroines- is only a part of the story, the most ambitious writers do this because they like focus in a grand story, while re zero is a harem following the structure of hero "saves" heroines it tries to make a big story but it doesn't reach their level.
>>
>>151612187
Weren't yuri on ice and that sports anime the biggest selling anime this season? more like gay shit is the most popular.
>>
The show is good because he's a failure, all the best episodes support this claim.
>>
>>151629770
And he's not the enjoyable kind of narcissistic
>>
File: 1400929136400.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1400929136400.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>that one poster who types unnecessarily elaborate posts to justify obviously bad aspects of the show, often replying to several posts at a time.
>>
File: 1482855855034.png (30KB, 703x463px) Image search: [Google]
1482855855034.png
30KB, 703x463px
>>151612187
>Most popular
JoJo was voted the most popular anime of 2016 on Niconico.
>>
Where can I start reading the summaries of the story that's not been translated yet?
>>
>>151615485
>tfw africa has better taste than the rest of the world.
>>
>>151634873
>Nigerian Princes watching Anime all day because they have no access to their money to distract them from NEETing

It explains everything
>>
>>151626223
babby's first VN and waifus.
>>
>>151626494
http://pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ
>>
>>151624356
>Rem
>developed character
What are you, 8?
>>
File: 1468790085202.png (239KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
1468790085202.png
239KB, 534x401px
Because /a/ thought that this would turn into SUPREMEM GENT tier show but it didnt. It would become a masterpiece when in went on that road tho.
>>
File: Mushitko.png (514KB, 1448x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mushitko.png
514KB, 1448x1024px
>>151626149
>Just like the guy said, you can have harem series with no romance at all
I know what you mean but in that case that series is not a harem. Especially when considering some of the current isekai harem trends where we finally have true harems appearing.

True harem as in it's literally a harem. Pic related for example where he's married with all 3 of the heroines, they live together and have kids/grandkids etc.
>>
>>151615485
Africa is patrician.
>>
>>151612187
It's the worst anime you've ever jeard of. but you have heard of it.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity" - some faggot I forget
>>
File: DWCc8C6.png (2MB, 1918x1198px) Image search: [Google]
DWCc8C6.png
2MB, 1918x1198px
Because it had potential to be good
A masterpiece even

Imagine if it ended at 15
>>
>>151615485
>91 Days

What the fuck
>>
>>151636774
>it had potential
No.
>>
>>151636774
But it's already a masterpiece. Only those who lament their shit taste and suffer in the sea of mediocrity can't appreciate its greatness.
>>
>>151633819
And rightfully so.
>>
Betelgeuse best villain.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.