[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

this will go down in history as the worst gundam series of all time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 443
Thread images: 90

File: MUCH EASIER.png (317KB, 525x820px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MUCH EASIER.png
317KB, 525x820px
this will go down in history as the worst gundam series of all time
>>
>>151609580
got lost on your way to the /m/ circlejerk?
>>
That still belongs to Seed Destiny.
>>
>>151609635
Destiny was entertaining, IBO is borefest incarnate, I'd sooner watch a new SEED series before one more episode of this atrocity.
>>
>>151609703
Season 1 of IBO was boring yeah, but season 2 has actually been pretty consistent with keeping the action moving so I can't call it boring.
>>
>>151609865
>season 2 has actually been pretty consistent with keeping the action moving
at a snail's pace
>>
File: fitting.jpg (35KB, 384x277px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fitting.jpg
35KB, 384x277px
Japan is comparing Orga to Ezalcant, hilarious because at least the audience knew Ezal was the villain
>>
>>151609865
S1 IBO wasn't just boring, its literal dogshit and that's not even going into its handicap of QUALITY and terrible fight choreography. The show makes AGE look good. Hell it makes GBF Try look fucking good.
>>
>>151611172
that would imply people actually watched age
>>
I dropped this shit at episode 12, it doesn't look like I missed anything.
>>
>>151610460
That image is old as hell.
>>
>>151611497
People did.
>>151611767
S2''s first arc is one of the MCs being too stupid to realize they have a traitor preventing him from using a phone for like 8 episodes.
>>
>>151609580
That's not G.
>>
>>151609635
I'd ather rewatch Destiny honestly, I actually had fun watching the first part when Shen was the MC because he reminded me of a sexier Kamille and Kamille is my favorite MC
>>
>>151611767
episode 38 and the show finally gave up and started going into full retard. The ride's only beginning. The ship has started sailing into ironic masterpiece territory, but it doesn't have much time left.
>>
>>151609580
No. I rate it 7/10 so far.
>>
>>151613025
IBO is a legit 2/10 at best.
>>
>>151612441
g-savior?
>>
>>151609580
But that's not G-Reco
>>
>>151613208
I'd rather rewatch G-Saviour, at least that ended
>>151613267
G-Reco was watchable though
>>
File: uso 2.jpg (322KB, 1439x1076px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
uso 2.jpg
322KB, 1439x1076px
>>151616356
>I'd rather rewatch G-Saviour
You know what, you're right. We've now passed this point.

I can't believe we're actually there but we are.
>>
>>151613267
G-Reco was fine and even if you don't think so, not looking like total shit and having engaging visual battles is something it massively has on IBO.
>>
So when are they finally just going to end Gundam

AGE was the beginning of the end there hasn't been anything even above a 5/10 since
>>
>>151616356
>>151616917
G-reco was dogshit sorry. Battles were way worse than IBO and the characters were all unlikeable cunts.
>>
>>151616958
When it stops making money, so hopefully never.

Thunderbolt was at least a 7/10.
>>
File: 015.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
015.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>You could be watching Gurren Lagann
>You could be watching GaoGaiGar
>You could be watching Evangelion
>You could be watching Shin Mazinger
>You could be watching the Original Gundam
>You could be watching Majestic Prince
>You could be watching GunXSword
>You could be watching Code Geass
>You could be watching Fafner in the Azure

But instead, you watch this shitshow.

How do you live with such shittaste
>>
>>151609580
I like it. Gundam 00 was enjoyable but about the same. Also the cluster fuck known as G-reco exists so yeah and if you didn't bother with G-reco, IBO is a hell of a lot more coherent and more competent no question.
>>
File: 1430815307156.gif (1MB, 300x191px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430815307156.gif
1MB, 300x191px
>>151617375
You could and probably should be on reddit right now but instead you are here spreading cancer.
>>
>people think G-Reco is bad
fucking okada and nagai fags
terrible taste
>>
File: 1425034066693.gif (1MB, 172x162px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425034066693.gif
1MB, 172x162px
>>151616958
>end
>to gundam
This thread is hilarious. I love you guys and your shit posting today.
>>
>>151617478
G-reco did suck. But it was a fun kind of suck for long time fans. I just feel bad for people who thought it would be great for babies' first gundam. Pretty hilarious though in hindsight.
>>
File: 104073603.jpg (61KB, 507x528px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
104073603.jpg
61KB, 507x528px
>>151609580
>tfw I knew better and stopped at season 1
Watching season 2 of any gundam is a mistake.
>>
>>151612623
Destiny was good up until like episode 34. Looking back, being good for about seventy five percent of your run isn't too bad.
>>
>>151617478
>"fucking bad taste"
>universally considered utter shit if /m/ and Tomino retards didn't pretend to like it
IBO's awful, but that doesn't make G-Reco any better
>>
>>151617704
IBO is probably the only Gundam where the second season is better than the first. Not exactly an achievement, but still.
>>
>>151609580
no, as long Age and Destiny exist
>>
>>151617704
>not liking 00 S2
fuck off to your tryhard edgy series, half-elf slut.
>>
>>151609580
The only way that IBO is the worst Gundam is if you somehow manage to rewrite history and delete Seed, Destiny and Age from it.
>>
>>151617704
Second season for IBO has actually been far better than the first. Still nowhere near great but the show is actually watchable now.
>>
>>151617788
>>151617954
You fags won't make me lose my time with this shit.
>>
>>151617522
>People bitch and moan about latest gundam
>"Gundam is dying"
>Bandai hobby and Sunrise laugh as they roll around in a Scrooge McDuck pool of profits and start planning the next 3 series.
>Rinse and repeat with every gundam series
>>
>>151617375
Movie BD + subs fucking when.
>>
File: 1479488403226.png (245KB, 365x765px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1479488403226.png
245KB, 365x765px
>>151617704
Thats a really stupid philosophy. The second season almost right out of the gate has more action then the first ten episodes of season one. You are missing out retard.
>>
>>151618027
You already lost time with the first season, may as well watch the better second season.
>>
File: no faces.png (576KB, 814x436px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
no faces.png
576KB, 814x436px
>>151617782
at least G-Reco has good production values and I say this as someone that doesn't care about it, even it's QUALITY moments are competent compared to many examples like pic related
>>151617946
Seconding because 00 improved over time
>>
File: 1475457984433.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1475457984433.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>151617375
I notice you didn't add Argevollen and Valvrave to your list of mediocrity (except for MSG and MJP, obviously, those were based). Is that an implication that you find IBO superior in every respect to Valvrave and Argevollen?
>>
>>151609580
This is pathetic, IBO is fantastic.
>>
>>151619455
>fantastic
Couldn't be more wrong if you tried
>>
File: 1449308512640.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449308512640.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>151619616
And yet it takes absolutely no effort to be right, amazing!
>>
>>151618065
IBO's gunpla is doing as bad as AGE's is as well as terrible ratings.

>>151617788
>>151617954
Not saying much considering how terrible season 1 is and season 2 is still pretty bad itself.
>>
>>151619616
It's a complete deconstruction of everything Gundam has been up until this point.

I can understand how some fans wouldn't care for that, but my favorite Gundam until now has been 08th MS Team, so I appreciate the grittier tone.
>>
>>151619989
>favorite gundam up till now
>08th MS Team
Garbage
>IBO
>'desconstruction of everything Gundam'
Nope. Also complete trash from writing, overuse of exposition, long stretches of nothing happening, Kudelia's uselessness, MIkazuki being a less emotive and blander Setsuna/Heero/Chirico clone, terrible fights, terrible animation, etc...

IBO is really really showing how Sunrise is turning into the new Toei.
>>
>>151609580
Soryy pal but G-Reco already earned that honor 2 years ago.
>>
>>151620076
That's okay, we can't all be winners Anon.

You can have your magical space robots, and I'll have a more grounded show about people. I think a 15/1 ratio is fair.
>>
File: you.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
you.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>151617104
G-Rager is back
>>
>>151619836
>IBO's gunpla is doing as bad as AGE's
Let's mock him. And laugh at him. And point fingers at him and laugh some more.
>>
File: G-Reco.gif (985KB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
G-Reco.gif
985KB, 500x281px
>>151620251
>G-Rektards are so deep down in their shit that they genuinely believe that only one person hates their universally hated show
>>
>>151617782
>universally
You mean just MAL and ANN?
>>
File: SPLAT.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SPLAT.webm
1MB, 800x450px
I wish I saved that anons explination from a few weeks ago about how IBO is the biggest letdown not because it's bad, but because it had so much potential that was just soiled by Okada. I thought it was a pretty good approximation of the series.

I like IBO though, but that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge it's flaws.
>>
>>151620305
Add /a/, 2ch, Youtube and literally any internet community other than /m/.
>>
>>151617664
>G-reco did suck
Only if you're retarded. Which is proven true!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/gundam-reconguista-in-g/sub.blu-ray/.106910
>>
>>151619419
>List of mediocrity
All those shows are better

>Valvrave
It's actual shit. IBO's just mediocre.

>Argevollen
Equally mediocre. No reason to compare a C to a C
>>
>>151620341
>mooooom, an Internet website doesn't like my favorite show!!
>>
File: RauLaugh.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RauLaugh.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>151609703
>Destiny was entertaining

No. SEED was, Destiny was slow suicide with recap episodes, recycled animation and the worst ending in the entire franchise.
>>
File: 089.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
089.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>When you wish with all your heart to pilot the giant robot for your friends

LOOK AT THAT DREAM COME TRUE
>>
File: Sasuga Sunrise.jpg (66KB, 643x355px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sasuga Sunrise.jpg
66KB, 643x355px
TSUKAME PRAIDO, TSUKAME SUCCESS.
>>
>>151620369
Fuck off Lauren
>>
>>151620184
>IBO
>grounded show about people
Nice delusion friend.
>>
File: G-Reco haters.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
G-Reco haters.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>151620430
>>151620335
>>151620296
Look its the faggot that shat up the Fafner thread! Change your fucking filenames next time
>>
>>151609580
Why? I haven't seen all gundam series but I have quite a few. Is it because they don't spend 13 episodes talking about "t-the nature of w-war muh politics"?
>>
File: Pixiv.jpg (14KB, 281x100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pixiv.jpg
14KB, 281x100px
>>151620468
No need to, I'm just posting facts.
>>
>>151619989
>It's a complete deconstruction of everything Gundam has been up until this point.
Get out of here, TVTropes
>>
>>151620430
You are really obnoxiously obvious with the samefagging.
>>
>>151620335
>/a/
I wouldn't take a board that praised Code Geass seriously
>2ch
Nope
>Youtube
Nope
>>
>>151620260
I won't because this statement has never been proven wrong, in fact Japanese model builders prefer G-Reco to IBO
>>
>>151620598
>source, my ass
>>
>>151620341
>posting a bad review by an atypical gundam fan that considers being episodic a negative and clearly did not pay attention

Nice try, anon
>>
>>151620548
>needing tvtropes to understand the thematic symbolism behind the creative decisions in the show
>>
instead of glorifying battles with a giant robot toy commercial, okada is showing us the negative repercussions of war by stripping away that newtype shine. sasuga, okada, you're hleping to save anime alongside Yamakan.
>>
>>151620666
But she likes IBO so she much be right! McGuilis is the best Char clone ever! He's a pedophile and spout tons of mindless exposition just like Char!
>>
File: Twitter followers.jpg (308KB, 1828x468px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Twitter followers.jpg
308KB, 1828x468px
>Even GBF has more followers than G-Reco
>>
>>151620335
/m/, /co/, and Japan don't like it, most of IBO's praise comes from newfag sites in the west with /a/ being divided
>>151620371
>Destiny was slow suicide with recap episodes
It only had six and compared to most recap eps by sunrise they were good, watch more of their old mecha stuff to see truly bad recapping
>>
>>151620330
>but because it had so much potential that was just soiled by Okada
No it's actually nagai who's stopping okada from making the show fun and by fun I mean things like your webm.
>>151620335
>and literally any internet community other than /m/
Nobody actually give a fuck about it on /m/, but shitposters just keep it rolling just like Zeta.
>>
>>151620731
>Japan don't like it
Sauce?
>>
>>151620722
GBF account if for both seasons retard
>>
>>151620731
>good BD sales
>good Gunpla sales
>lots of merchandise
>popular on Pixiv and Twitter
Sure, Japan hates IBO.
>>
File: 1475692650110.jpg (40KB, 720x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1475692650110.jpg
40KB, 720x480px
>>151620759
>Nobody actually give a fuck about it on /m/

Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>151620688
None of which are present
>>151620715
>okada is showing us the negative repercussions of war
Found Bizarro /a/, IBO fails at that very hard
>>
>>151620716
He's not a pedophile though? He's clearly marrying her for power.
>>
>>151620716
I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic in that post.
>>151620782
Some model builder website did a poll ANN never published because that would portray G-Reco in a favorable light.
>>
>>151620783
Are you retarded enough to believe that there are thousands of people who followed the account just for Try and have no interest in GBF? Are you braindead?
>>
>>151620809
>good Gunpla sales
Prove it.
>lots of merchandise
Give an amount and compare it to every major gundam entry.
>popular on Pixiv and Twitter
Only because it is airing, once it isn't it will fade
>>
>>151620825
Sorry mate but that's the true, nobody care about G-Reco but shitposters.
>>
>>151620918
>muh conspiracy
Jesus, stop. So cringey.
>>
>>151620722
>comparing a show that aired at early mornings for small children with a show that aired in the midnight/late night slot
>wondering why one has more then the other
Who would've thought?

>>151620731
IBO is also failing on Toonami apparently.
>>
>>151620984
It's true though, ANN will not say anything favorable about G-Reco nor will they state anything unfavorable with IBO despite its many obvious problems
>>
>>151620971
>nobody care about G-Reco but shitposters.
There's two fucking threads up on /m/ right now
>>
>>151620969
>Only because it is airing, once it isn't it will fade
No shit Sherlock. But it's still hundreds of times more popular than G-Reco was when it was airing.
>>
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/80687
>In a poll taken by 500 people, 54.2% said G-Reco was better than IBO

Even Japs have better tastes than you /a/
>>
>>151621026
>But it's still hundreds of times more popular than G-Reco was when it was airing.
Nope.
>>
>>151621076
Hi, /m/!
>>
>>151621085
Prove it.
>>
File: 1450026969517.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450026969517.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
I've never seen a fanbase try so hard to get recognition only to get the cold shoulder from audiences.
>>
>>151621101
>Iron Blooded Ovaries
Oh, it's the retarded autistic shitposter.
>>
>>151618065
>>People bitch and moan about latest gundam
>>"Gundam is dying"
Is this a thing with every new gundam show, I am going through the franchise and I just finished Zeta and started ZZ.
>>
>>151621158
See >>151620536 or Twitter followers and trendings.
>>
File: 1474388508596.png (64KB, 1095x805px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1474388508596.png
64KB, 1095x805px
>>151621117
>IBOfags in a nutshell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZNSzWIaLo
>>
>>151621199
>using BD sales for Gundam popularity
Are you retarded, son?
>>
>>151621149
Not him, I just picked up the nickname cuz it sounded funny.
>>151621158
>ANN is ran by the chaos god of sorcery, did you not know this?
the hell was this?
>>
ITT : Autists fling shit at their respective boogeyman and try to justify liking something using sales numbers
>>
Thunderbolt is pretty cool tho
>>
>>151621222
>using BD sales for Gundam popularity
Yeah man look how popular AGE is
>>
>>151621228
>the hell was this?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki//m/

G-Reco fans are Blood Angels, IBO fans are Black Legion, ANN is the crystal palace. Macross World being the brass fortress is fitting, I've been there and the amount of nerd rage is insane, makes /a/'s WWD threads look civil.
>>
>>151609580
Gundam AGE still exists.
>>
>>151621253
Nope
>>
File: 1449031452426.jpg (243KB, 720x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449031452426.jpg
243KB, 720x720px
>>151621303
Yep
>>
>>151621275
>Super Robot Wars Fans: /m/ equivalent of the Deathwatch. The biggest gamers on the board (obviously) and is composed mostly of people from other factions due to the franchise's crossover heavy minutia. Fans from both sides of the Pacific fight a common xenos foe, in their case some guy named Mist.

10/10
>>151621282
I'll take more Age before more Iron Blooded Failure
>>
>>151620688
>wanting that pointless shit
>>
>>151621010
And both of them are pretty much dead when nobody shitpost in them.
>>
File: G-Reco vs IBO.jpg (182KB, 1052x1088px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
G-Reco vs IBO.jpg
182KB, 1052x1088px
>but G-Reco is more popular!
Sure, darling.
>>
>>151620341
sums up Concrete Revolutio fine
>>
>>151621479
>Turn A is that low
Knew it!
>>
Do you think we'll ever have a post 2000's Gundam that we'll all like? That someday, in 2025 or 2035, we'll get a series everyone agrees is pretty good? Or will Gundam forever be tainted to have every new installment universally hated.

Can't we all just get along and admire the mechs?
>>
hmanga when
>>
>>151621528
I've enjoyed every gundam that was not Turn A, G-Saviour, Age, Try, and IBO
>>
>>151621528
when ANN gets the fuck over itself and realizes that Nobunaga The Fool and Aquarion Logos were fantastic anime.
>>
>>151621479
>no sourcing
>>
>>151621275
why is Shoji Kawamori compared to the cenobites?
>>
Does Japan have something like MAL or AniDB? A place where people rate anime? Every Western sites gives IBO a higher score than G-Reco by at least two points.
>>
>>151621101
>parents have been boycotting this series
I am well aware of how terrible IBO S1 was but, what? That sounds stupid.
>>
>>151621560
soon actually if we are lucky.
>>
>>151621687
The murder scenes in episode 3 over the tied and drugged bunch angered a fuck/truck load of people, unconfirmed rumor the backlash is the reason why Ein couldn't kill anyone
>>
>>151621687
It was just some retarded Soccer moms wanting attention.
>>
>>151621745
And the Dort arc made shit worse based on what scraps of info I could find
>>
>>151621641
>so dumb that he can't go to those sites and check for himself
>>
>>151621707
Are they gonna fuck Yamagi and Ride?
>>
>>151622072
Yes even Yamagi so it seems.
>>
>>151622127
MY DICK.
>>
>Still clinging to IBO when we're getting a new season of Geass, FMP and Fafner
>>
>>151622193
>Geass and Fafner
See you in 5 years.
>>
>>151609580
I think the only big problem with IBO is the sheer amount of QUALITY and the uninspiring mobile suit designs.

It has the exact opposite problem G-Reco had. It has the story and the character development, but is lacking in the actual animation department.
>>
>>151622232
>5 years
heh being generours here, I see
>>
>>151620330
> muh Okada boogeyman
they had to make everything more kid friendly due to the time it airs at
even Mika shooting the 2 evil adults at the beginning of s1 got soccer moms angry
>>
File: 1482114799778.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482114799778.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>151622395
>the uninspiring mobile suit designs.
What?
>>
>>151622395
>d the uninspiring mobile suit designs.
What drugs are you on and where do I get some? IBO has some of the best mecha design that I've seen, it even have Vidar, pretty much perfection in design form.
>>
>>151622909
Is Vidar the new Exia? Everyone has a boner for it.
>>
>>151622944
>Everyone has a boner for it.
Can't blame them though.
>>
Eh i like it.
>>
File: Vidar0345.png (1MB, 1200x1334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vidar0345.png
1MB, 1200x1334px
>>151622944
>Everyone has a boner for it.
Of course, I question the sanity of the someone that don't have a boner for Vidar. Never mind Gundam - it's among the best mechanical design ever.
>>
>>151622944
I don't, I wish I could like it, but this series has been such garbage I don't have enough will power to like things anymore
>>
File: Vidar0334.jpg (169KB, 1282x949px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Vidar0334.jpg
169KB, 1282x949px
>>151623365
Vidar is sexiness given mechanical form.
>>
anyone got those tokusatsu parody songs?
>>
>>151621707
>milfs bullying middle school homosexuals with their vaginas
IBO is redeeming itself.
>>
>>151623581
this does not happen
>>
File: 1482704131349.png (898KB, 735x1084px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482704131349.png
898KB, 735x1084px
>>151623581
>Yfw Yamagi gets a pounding, but not the kind of pounding he wants.
>>
>>151621528
It's hard to write a 50 episode Gundam anime without any flaws. It's never been done before.
>>
>>151621686
Japs have sakuhindb and anikore. Their ranking of Gundam series couldn't be more different but they both rank G-reco pretty low.

https://www.anikore.jp/anime_title/%E3%82%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%A0/
>>
>>151621403
Wrong on both accounts. Also G-Reco had a shit ton of discussion when it was airing it was only outside the generals where there was shitposting
>>
IBO sucks ass.
>>
>>151622193
>when we're getting a new season of Geass, FMP
Why is this good news?
>>
File: 1481680493593.png (183KB, 656x369px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481680493593.png
183KB, 656x369px
>>151624304
>SEED
>86.2
above 0079
>>
Found Hashmal's theme despite having such a weak beam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIE-y3p7kcc&index=6&list=PLA35686955E8EDFB4
>>
Reminder that only /m/ says IBO is the worst Gundam. Just because it doesnt have beam spam they consider it shit
>>
>>151624751
and /co/ and a bunch of other gundam fans around the internet, it's been more divisive than that
>>
>>151624751
I think IBO is the worst Gundam. What good qualities does it have? I honestly can't think of any, except for mecha design.
>>
>>151624751
Stay triggered ANN scum.

>>151624892
Only Kimaris and Vidar are decent. Grazes and their successor/variants are just further watered down versions of mixed inheritance design wise from Flags, Leos, and GMs and Zakus. Almost all of the other MS designs like the Gusion and so on are god awful.
>>
>>151624751
Literally doesn't fucking matter. When OO and OO S2 were airing /m/ also declared it the worst Gundam series ever.

/m/ is a bunch of retards.
>>
>>151625099
>>151625099
First Gusion was shit, but Full City is great. Flaurus, Grimgerde and Helmwige are at least descent.
>>
>>151625189
00 wasn't declared the worst.
00S2 wasn't either but hated because it squandered all the hype of the ending of the first season on "lol trans am raiser"
>>
Is this show significantly better than season 1? Is there more retarded shit like the 3 female pilots surviving the final battle?
>>
>>151626165
barely
>>
>>151626165
Pacing is better, Vidar, a lot more action, less Kudelia and the horrible writing that tend to follow her, Vidar, the antagonists are much better and actually managed to fuck Tekkadan a bit, the whole MA thing is neat, Vidar.

Mind you, there's still some really stupid shit, but nothing close to dort.
>>
>>151626405
>Muh Vidar
Sure he looks cool, but we're halfway through S2 yet he still hasn't done a single thing.
>>
>>151624751
/m/ says Shin Mazinger is bad. Why the fuck should I care about their opinions? That board went to shit several years ago.
>>
Victory was the worse gundam.
>>
>>151626504
Is this some new shitpost meme? Claiming /m/ thinks every anime is bad?
>>
>>151609580
Age and g-rekt exist, so no.
>>
>>151626504
its like you don't know that is the zeta shitposter
>>
>>151626601
both are superior to IBO
>>
>>151626740
Not Victory.
>>
File: GundamSan.png (1MB, 1163x650px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
GundamSan.png
1MB, 1163x650px
>>151620731
>It only had six

Jesus, you say "only" like that redeems the fact.
>>
>>151626761
Victory is the best UC Gundam though
>>
>>151626119
That's an oversimplification and the dislike for 00 S2 is like a stupid echo of people bashing Geass R2.
>>
>>151626804
Maybe but it is still shit. IBO is better than Victory.

>reinforce's last stand
>all that death
>Usso murder boy
It was shit.
>>
File: VidarKeyArt.png (208KB, 400x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
VidarKeyArt.png
208KB, 400x600px
>>151622944

>Is Vidar the new Exia? Everyone has a boner for it.

Basically yeah. You have to admit, it's a pretty awesome design like Exia was.
>>
>>151620731
>It only had six
>only

The fuck? Even one recap episode is already bad, and you think that 6 is not awful?
>>
>>151626922
you want the rope right now or later?
>>
>>151609580
That's not G-reco
>>
Man, that g-recofag sure loves samefagging. Your bald old man is history. It fucking sucks, get over it.
>>
>>151609580
Build Fighters Try is way worse, if it counts.
>>
>>151626991
Kill it along with G-reco. Oh wait.
>>
File: otaking.jpg (24KB, 225x337px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
otaking.jpg
24KB, 225x337px
>>151609580
G-Reco is worse
>>
>>151622776
Why does that fucker get the coolest gundam?
>>
>>151609580
G-Reco. First time I dropped a gundam so hard. Gonna watch SD rather than this pile of crap.
>>
>>151621508
To put the graph a bit into context, stuff like Thunderbolt and possibly Turn A and a few others are really low due to the type of kits they have. The majority of Turn A's kits are from around the year 2000 and are poor quality and hard to work with compared to modern kits in addition to not getting reprinted much, making them harder to get a hold of. Thunderbolt is probably that low because before the two MG came out all there was were the HG from a couple years ago when the mange first started coming out and those kits are a massive pain to work with if you paint because of the seam lines and tiny thrusters everywhere. During the OVAs airing when it reached peak popularity they also didn't release any new HG, they just re-released the old HG with new box art and slightly tweaked colors. There are some new kits coming in the spring though.

Compairively, IBO has currently had a big push with its gunpla and bandai has been making sure that they are super affordable, plus the simple inner frame is a really popular feature among modelers.
>>
>>151621528
There will always be at least a handful of people who legitimately dislike an entry, as well as hipsters/contrarians. That said the first season of build fighters came pretty close by the midway point in the series. It was well received by lmost everyone who picked it up.
>>
>>151609703
>Destiny was entertaining.

Yeah "entertaining" like shoving broken glass up your urethra is "entertaining".
>>
>>151627070
>>151627133
Are you the same autist who hates Valvrave & other shows, or are there different autists for different shows?
>>
>>151627451
>not only is there just a single person who dislikes this show I like, he's also the same person who alone dislikes some other shows
Yeah, he's the autist.
>>
What kind of gundam villian would the president-elect be?
>>
>>151627619
Hating a show is perfectly ok
Hating a show so much that you seek out its threads and samefag in an attempt to make it look like many people hate it is autistic as fuck
>>
>>151609580
8/10
recently reviewed first season
>>
>>151627781
Assuming two random posts saying they dislike a show (in a thread with many such posts) must belong to a "samefagging hater" is also autistic as fuck.
>>
>>151627862
>No new IP
>Replying to the OP as if they haven't replied to the thread already
Hmm....
>>
>>151627984
>keeping track of the IP count in order to "catch" samefaggers in the act
Yeah, nothing autistic to see here.
>>
>>151628087
>Having to keep track of something 4chanX always shows
>>
>>151624802
There's never even been an IBO thread on /co/, you lying fuck.
>>
File: 20161212193736b4d.jpg (25KB, 430x430px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20161212193736b4d.jpg
25KB, 430x430px
So what weapon is the repaired Barbatos going to use?
>>
>>151628543
except there have been in the form of Toonami livestreams and IBO is almost universally repulsed
>>
File: 2seOWSY.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2seOWSY.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>151609580
>AGE still exists
>Build Fighters still exists
>G Gundam still exists
>Destiny still exists
>G Reco still exists
>UC still exists
>Turn A still exists
>G Saviour still exists

unlikely
>>
Graze Ein is the only good thing to come out of this, what a waste of an awesome mech. I want to get an HG, but I'm not giving money to support trash.
>>151627043
Try at least gave us Tryon 3
>>
So is Mikazuki asking constantly about Barbatos just him wanting to pilot more since hes a cripple or is it something more than that?

Also is he gonna crash and burn? This seems pretty unhealthy. He may be the autist but even so even he has to have a limit right?
>>
>>151629322
someone meme this image
>>
>>151627451
valvrave was universally panned so Im pretty sure calling it shit and garbage is the general consensus for that show
>>
File: vulgarity.jpg (122KB, 960x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vulgarity.jpg
122KB, 960x768px
>>151629395
>>
File: 1453252320072.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453252320072.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
>>151628588
Firstly, it's impossible to take any board that thinks RWBY is quality entertainment seriously, so fuck /co/. Secondly, it's impossible to take someone that can't even use the proper form of 'repulse' in a sentence seriously, so fuck you.
>>
Why doesn't Mikazuki just get a wheelchair? Pretty sure they have wheelchairs for people like him
>>
File: quoted for truth.jpg (127KB, 960x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
quoted for truth.jpg
127KB, 960x768px
>>151629395
done
>>
>>151629428
Hi Valvrager
>>
File: brutally honest.jpg (127KB, 960x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
brutally honest.jpg
127KB, 960x768px
>>151629395
here you go, just looked at the filename
>>
File: magic is in me.jpg (132KB, 960x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
magic is in me.jpg
132KB, 960x768px
>>151629395
For those that don't get it click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5UXfU7PSdM
>>
File: 1482710063322.jpg (276KB, 812x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482710063322.jpg
276KB, 812x1200px
>>151629481
Because Hush is his wheelchair. Plus it will make every serious scene funny.
>Tekkadan has the arcs boss cornered.
>Everyone looking serious.
>Hush walks into the room carrying Mika over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
>Spins around so that Mika is facing the villain.
>Mika pulls out his gun and shoots the villain, missing several times due to his bad eye.
>This is their ace.
>>
>>151629395
you didn't say the meme in question had to be good!
>>
>>151629395
shit series deserves a shit meme. that and macros are over used to death.
>>
>>151629700
cool song
>>
>>151629395
Needs more Warhammer, Ein would have made a fine Angron
>>
>>151629429
>>151629513
>>151629605
>>151629700
>>151629778
>>151629901
>>151630213
I did not expect that many responses
>>
File: limitless courage.png (333KB, 599x481px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
limitless courage.png
333KB, 599x481px
>>151630258
Have a bonus
>>
>>151630331
Ein has a lot of guts for facing horrific plot armor and writing
>>
>>151630469
he earned a spot in mecha Valhalla
>>
File: 1432010784700.jpg (49KB, 325x355px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1432010784700.jpg
49KB, 325x355px
>>151627226
>>
>>151625099
>Astaroth Origin and Dantalion
>awful
>>
>>151627335
It is because you'd at least feel something
>>
Someone do me a favor, what's the most entry level gundam? Need something with cool robots and explosions that won't make me die inside.
>>
>>151634754
00
>>
>>151634779
Thanks anon
>>
>>151634754
00 is a good start, it's mostly it's own universe. To start with the Universal Century (UC) timeline watch the Gundam 0079 recap movies, the cut down the 40 episode show into 3 movies.
>>
>>151634754
00 is really Gundam's take on Asimov's Foundation trilogy.

Aeolia Schenberg = Hari Seldon (he even makes appearances)
Veda = Seldon's Psychohistory
Celestial Being = The Foundation
Team Trinity = The Second/First foundation conflict (Seldon/Schenberg's preferred child syndrome)

The Alejandro Corner scene where he's talking to the objects is reminiscent of the four men scene in Foundation and Awakening of the Trailblazer has Trantor aesthetics whilst the nucleic power (example personalised forceshields) are quite reminiscent in 00.
>>
Are Tekkadan are the villains? I actually like IBO but I'm confused by the moral ambiguity of the narrative with them. Tekkadan are terrifying. They're doing deals with the mob, they have a private military mercenary company, they are doing deals with McGillis, they basically shrug at the thought of each other dying as long as they can obtain power one day, and their goal isn't even a noble one like peace or no fighting...it's literally power, to rule Mars, to get big paychecks for life.

They're a bunch of little monsters.
>>
File: 1440976612658.png (533KB, 737x1093px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440976612658.png
533KB, 737x1093px
>>151634754
You can't go wrong with really any gundam AU series from the last 20-30 years.
>>
File: 1430887738049.png (170KB, 500x301px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430887738049.png
170KB, 500x301px
>>151635626
War is hell man. The series does a good job of not keeping things black and white like some lame kid's series. There are no bad guys. There is only the choice to pull the trigger so that the guy in front of you doesn't pull the trigger on you himself.
>>
>>151635777
I actually like Tekkadan, unpopular opinion, but I think they are a bunch of little sociopaths and are terrifying and there is nothing noble about them, and the older members are not even sympathetic anymore. Which I enjoy.
>>
>>151617375
>Majestic Prince
SO WHEN'S THAT 2ND SEASON?

We only got one. ONE. Episode that was in fact one that wasn't released earlier.
>>
>>151636025
I like them too and feel they're also pieces of shit. I forgive Ride and Yamagay and that's about it.
>>
I thought 00 was retarded, if only because it had awful politics. But then I remembered that most Gundam has awful politics and sounds stupid when it tries to do it. UC's original zeon+earth fed stuff was great before it got too convoluted and stupid after 0079 and zeta.
>>
>>151627102
Because he's the coolest fucker.
>>
>>151635626
I see no evil when I look at them as individuals. They are however lead by a guy who is too hot headded and delusional to distinguish right from wrong.
>>
File: 60368890_p0.jpg (67KB, 640x573px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
60368890_p0.jpg
67KB, 640x573px
I want to brush Atra's fluffy hair
>>
>>151622776
Gaia Gundam 2.0
Still cooler though.
>>
File: bigfoot.png (436KB, 852x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bigfoot.png
436KB, 852x480px
>>151609580
I'm sending the small potato sack behind my foot to silence you for good.
>>
File: 134880824760.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
134880824760.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>151609865
>season 2 has actually been pretty consistent with keeping the action moving
>>
>>151636324
The extra episode leads to the movie. I don't think you should expect anymore from the franchise for some time.
>>
>>151626119
>00S2 wasn't either but hated because it squandered all the hype of the ending of the first season on "lol trans am raiser"

That's like saying that digimon 02 is bad because "muh taiora".
>>
>>151621560
Watch her die in a couple of episodes.
>>
>>151637987
BIG PITY.

I really like this show and I want to see humanity vs space rapists round 2.

And with the ending, the latter faction is still around with a large force, only now they'll need much more time to come to earth.
>>
>>151621567
>didnt enjoy Turn A
Shit taste
>>
>>151621282
And it still is miles better than IBO.
>>
File: 1444347221057.jpg (61KB, 413x395px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444347221057.jpg
61KB, 413x395px
>top 10 ranking of works debuted from October 18, 2015 to October 18, 2016
>7. Gundam IBO - 17,238
>>
I wonder if IBO is gonna get on the 2ch favorite anime of 2016 list this year as well.
>>
File: 1478565306442.jpg (17KB, 225x639px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1478565306442.jpg
17KB, 225x639px
>>151636025
Same. I like how the series does go out of its way to point how wrong their actions are at times making sure to not glorify their methods of war but hesitation in their line of war means death. A PMC kills according to their client. Especially Mika as the protagonist is a refreshing change of pace compared to your average MC pilot that eventually tires of the war and death and just wants peace. Not that I think its a bad thing at a certain point senseless death needs to end but its nice to see a pilot approach things with cold precision not since 00 I think have we seen such a brutal kill hell maybe even Wing.
>>
>>151634754
Try G-gundam
>>
File: 1461277453419.jpg (151KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1461277453419.jpg
151KB, 1366x768px
>>151637896
It has.
>>
>>151609580
>worst gundam
Yeah no. A few faggots seem to blinded by nostalgia.
>>
>>151639074
Or maybe they really don't like IBO.

>>151638424
It has glorified their actions more than a few times and has largely limited their enemies to pirates, MA, Gjallarhorn and a country's military during a small border conflict.
>>
>>151636025
I don't think they're sociopaths so much as this is all they've ever known. Mika might be, but even he reflects on the idea that he might enjoy killing.

They literally exist in a different frame of mind than you or I, and their morality is shaped around loyalty. Remember - they also spared those kids until they opened fire on them and that act of self-defense (plus the loss of their comrades) fucked Shino up.
>>
>people don't see ZZ nd think they know what shit is
>>
>>151640931
ZZ is decent, though. Definitely not THE BLACK SHEEP of the series or even EUC
>>
>>151640886
First worlders would never understand.
>>
>>151640931
People only dislike ZZ because it isn't as good as it's predecessor, which is one of the best anime ever made.

IBO is shit because it's boring, it has dogshit production value, and it treats the viewer like a retard
>>
>>151641084
I just don't get all the shit people give them. They don't torture animals, they don't shoot people indiscriminately. They're soldiers fighting a war.

Gjallahorn is far worse, so are McMurdo and Nobliss Gordon. Tekkadan might be fuzzy grey, but they're about the best people we've met so far in this dark and bleary world. I mean shit, CGS used to buy kids, force them to take a dangerous surgery (without any anesthesia), and abandon the ones who were crippled and abused the every living fuck out of the survivors - and that's nothing compared to the fucking Brewers.

They're not traditional heroes, but they're the best damn thing we've got and I'd rather they were in charge of things than everyone else. They did the orphanage, right? That wasn't Kudelia? Does it matter - she's basically Tekkadan in all but name.
>>
>>151641324
>I just don't get all the shit people give them.
Part of it is shitposters projecting their hate of the show onto the protagonists.
Part of it is gjallarhorn fags being butthurt about Tekkadan reking it all season long.
Part of it is the muh stakes crowd who wants edgy drama and character death.
>>
>>151641124
>which is one of the best anime ever made.
0079 was way better than zeta, zeta was a slog to get through.
>>
>>151642237
>zeta was a slog to get through
Your soul is still weighed down by gravity.
>>
>>151622776
Shit, that's cool. I may actually have to watch this now.
>>
G-Reco is much worse and Seed Destiny has to be the worst.
>>
File: Bask.jpg (51KB, 1062x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bask.jpg
51KB, 1062x800px
>>151642387
Get that hippy propaganda out of my face.
AEUG are just a bunch of filthy treehuggers.
>>
>>151629778
The only good response. Tallgeese a great.
>>
>>151642571
At least stuff happened in G-reco & Seed.

Almost 40 episodes later and only 2 or 3 things have happened so far.
>>
>>151634754
Gundam SEED, followed by 00.
>>
>>151642668
>implying the titans aren't maniacs
>>
>>151642571
Regardless of your opinion on either series, they at least did something. IBO is just a none-series. It's nothing, it has FUCK ALL going on.

It's just boring, even things that are bad are better than shows that are boring, at least bad shows have something going on to talk about, IBO just doesn't exist.
>>
>>151642843
>implying that AEUG aren't just a bunch of terrorists.
>>
>>151643013
>implying they aren't a federation splinter group because of the Federation's oppressive streak leading up to Zeta.

Family registration act called.
>>
>>151642803
>>151642868
The fuck are you people talking about? We've had battles almost every other episode. There's been a revolution, space battles, ship to ship battles, infantry combat, a giant killer terminator robot.

Jesus Christ you're like children. Go rewatch Wing and get the fuck out.
>>
File: SCREEECH.webm (3MB, 888x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SCREEECH.webm
3MB, 888x500px
>>151642557
Yeah the last few episodes had some pretty cool action
>>
>>151643117
Battles that mean nothing, with no stakes. A revolution that meant nothing, and a robot that has yet to matter.
>>
>>151643117
>Spoiler 1
We were told about it, never actually saw anything happen other than
>Space battles
Vidar killed a bunch of nameless rebels & Tekkedan killed a bunch of nameless pirates
>Infantry combat
The ONLY arc in IBO that was good, and it's been over for awhile now
>Spoiler 2
Meaningless mini-boss bullshit set up for Mika to be the most sugoi guy around
>>
>>151643191
Oh well fuck me, I'm sorry if the liberation of Mars and the survival of the protagonists is boring. Apologizes if the mobile armor they JUST defeated isn't entirely realized in the plot yet. I suppose they should've told us immediately what every little thing will mean in the future.

>>151643238
Yeah, except for all that slaughter and Fumitan.
>>
>>151643325
>I'm sorry if the liberation of Mars

As far as the viewer is concerned mars hasn't fucking changed, nothing has impacted, nothing has mattered. Just because the show says something doesn't mean it has any impact. It's like it reads off a list of "here's stuff that's happened" great, maybe make it mean something.

Tekkadan could be in the exact same position as it was at the start of the damn series for all the actual change that's happened.
>>
>>151628564
cock MA beam
but this time it will cleave ms's in half because Tekkadan stronk Mika sugoi
>>
>>151643325
Speaking of which, I miss these tits.
>>
>>151643382
Oh no wait I'm sorry, ONE character died, so they don't have him any more, and Orga has a slightly different way of approaching his role.
>>
>>151643102
The titans control the federation therefore the titans are the federation you filthy hippy.
>>
>>151643385
I could see this happening, after all this series was supposed to have a theme of the main Gundam savaging parts off its defeated foes.
>>
>>151643382
>Tekkadan could be in the exact same position as it was at the start of the damn series for all the actual change that's happened.
They have new recruits, a ton of fucking mobile armor, new space ships, and three gundams.

You are so unbelievably full of shit.
>>
>>151643238
> "nothing happened!"
> "this this and this happened"
> "b-but i didn't like it and can write it in a way that makes it sound like it was nothing"
wow ok

seems to me the main problem people have is the low named kill count, because that is totally the best indicator of good fiction
akame ga kill is a fucking masterpiece for these people i guess, lots and lots of battles and useless deaths! just like muh Tomino!
>>
>>151643580
I think it's all boils down to
>not muh gundam
>>
>>151643411
That was one of IBO's greatest mistake for me.

Killing the absolute best girl of the timeline in the middle of the S1
>>
Am i the only one who enjoy IBO season 2 so far?

It has his flaws but not to the point of calling it WORSE THAN SEED MEMES.
>>
>>151643382
>Tekkadan could be in the exact same position as it was at the start of the damn series for all the actual change that's happened.
Practically owning a planet?
>>
>>151643648
Which is funny because she was barely there at all, I just liked these boobs. I kept expecting her to be Kudelia's secret bodyguard or something.

>>151643651
I love it. I was worried how they were going to follow up, but everything seems to be shaping up nicely.
>>
>>151643483
>New recruits
One died rehashing the stupid human debris drama, the other is useless, there's a big guy who I guess is a mechanic, and the last is an idiot but is actually smart
>Mobile workers
They never do anything
>Space ships
Spaceships which haven't seen use outside of being a decoy 18 episodes ago
>Gundams
What difference does it make when Barbatos is the only one allowed to shine?

>>151643580
Nobody cares about the kill count. Plenty of named characters died in season 1, the issue is the characters were too flat for anyone to care about them, and their deaths changed very little.

Except Biscuit, him dying actually developed some of the characters a little.
>>
>>151643766
Spoilers you quintuple faggot.
>>
>>151643816
Lelouch lives at the end of Code Geass
>>
>>151643766
3 nameds died in s1
the first was just there to estabilish that the evil adults didn't care about the orphans
the second was just there to make Kudelia wake the fuck up
the third set Orga in a path of autodestruction because the wise sounding manlet is actually just autistic

> Fumitan was flat
great pun
>>
>>151643957
>the first was just there to estabilish that the evil adults didn't care about the orphans
Who was the first one Guts his little brother?
>>
>>151643957
>the first was just there to estabilish that the evil adults didn't care about the orphans
They told us that for the first time in episode one then repeated it every following episode.
>>
>>151643997
some Ride lookalike on ep1
Akihiro's brother wasn't Tekkadan so i didn't count him
>>
>>151644080
Oh the guy who was friends with Shino and also wanted a girl with big boobies?
>>
>>151643676
>Practically owning a planet?

How has owning the planet changed their day to day operations as far as the viewer is concerned?

not at all. They were basically the de-facto owners of mars as far as we could tell from season 1 because no one could stand up to them anyway. As far as the viewer is concerned if you break it down it's practically the same, they have a couple new faces, that's it. Season 1 could have basically just been them kicking the adults out and running Tekkadan as their own operation and nothing would really have changed.

events have happened but these events havne't -really- changed anything, they were meaningless. All of season 1 except for like 2 things, the adults being kicked out and them joining Teiwaz basically don't matter. So far all of season 2 has been the same it didn't matter at all.

>after kicking the adults out Tekkadan were a PMC with a lot of power

>after everytihng that has gone on Tekkadan are a PMC with a lot of power + they're part of the mafia

this is basically all that's happened, you know wht mabye I'd give yout hat McGillis is getting involved, but so far he's not involved enough for it to matter! (it looks like he's about to be and that's going to cause tension between mafia and them)

And not only taht, only 1 character has really grown. Mika has managed to lose all his limbs and still be the exact same character somehow!
>>
>>151644177
the guy who somehow became a microchip after his mobile worker got knocked aound by a graze
>>
>>151643651
Most people are enjoying it, ignore the shitposters forcing memes.
>>
>>151644459
I wanna compare this to gundam 00 cuz it had the same half season format.

>start of 00 gundams on top, by this point in season 2 they were basically the underdogs

>IBO they were top dog, managed to become more top dog

They were on top, still on top, they haven't changed in a meaningful way like the characters in the more character driver stories like 0079, the events havent shifted like they do in the more event driven series. What's happened? nothing. We've moved about as far characterisation wise in 37 episodes as we did in 7-12 of 0079. And events wise we've moved like 5 episodes of 00, even less of wing.
>>
>>151644459
>no one could stand up to them anyway
They, or at least Orga, was aiming to make their presence 'legit' so that in the long run, they don't have to keep fighting to defend their territory.

>events have happened but these events havne't -really- changed anything, they were meaningless.
Yes, execution wise, IBO is terrible at the whole "show, not tell" thing. Most of the important stuff are done through narration rather than actually showing the stuff. Nevertheless, things did change, because again, they did narrate it to tell you thing(s) happened (albeit in the background). That they suck at showing it is another issue entirely.
>>
>>151644747
Just because they say X has happened, if you reduce the elements to their base and they're still the same, nothing has happened.
>>
>>151644735
>IBO they were top dog
What they literally started out with one gundam that barely worked.
>>
If IBO is so good how come it doesn't have ONE (1) good highlight moment? Every other Gundam has at least one, even SEED.
>>
>>151644973
More to the point, CGS was a runt outfit that was mismanaged. Then they lost half their members and most of the cash.

Orga might as well be fucking Big Boss. Or Venom Snake, since Tekkadan seems like Diamond Dogs.
>>
>>151644973
>that one gundam that "barely worked" was so far ahead of everything else nothing was a threat.

Yeah totally not top dog.


I just wanna point out how slow this is and how little development there actually is, within the first few episodes of 0079 Amuro's entire motivation had flipped from desperation to pride. Everyone in IBO is basically static, there's a few changes for orga but it's 2-3 episodes worth of change, not 30.
>>
>>151644973
Episode 1: One Gundam that barely worked but still dominated every battle in the series
Episode 38: One Gundam that breaks down every other episode, a Gundam that shot at rocks one time, and another Gundam that apparently killed 100 redshirts alone offscreen
>>
File: 1183801038392.jpg (17KB, 512x384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1183801038392.jpg
17KB, 512x384px
>>151645014
>>
>>151645014
But it did.
>>
>>151641324
Because they essentially are doing what McMurdo and Nobliss want without any regards to the consequences and they were not fighting a war but starting one.
>>
>>151609635

Seed Destiny at least had an OP by based T.M Revolution
>>
>>151645350
Except they have no idea what either of them want, much less that they actually want anything out of either of them (to the degree that they'd manipulate either of them).

They're naive kids and I'm glad the show hasn't pulled away from that. Fuck, without Naze around Orga would be even more lost than he already is.
>>
>>151645212
Words cannot express how badly I want him to die. I kept hoping someone, something would end his miserable existence.
>>
>>151644747
>They, or at least Orga, was aiming to make their presence 'legit' so that in the long run, they don't have to keep fighting to defend their territory.

His goal has changed half a dozen times.
>>
>>151645090
>Everyone in IBO is basically static
I'll redirect you to an interview with Nagai/Okada in one of the books where it has been stated that this is a deliberate choice in order to show that characters, people don't change easily.
>>
>>151609580
Why okada is still allowed to write?
>>
>>151645690
>people don't change easily

But they fucking do. Especially young people. Especially people in extreme situations. Especially young people in extreme situations.
>>
>>151645690
That just makes for a really dull and pointless show.
>>
>>151645648
Not really. His overarching goals didn't change. It's the specifics that does, since by the end of the day, it's not like he's smart or educated enough to plan properly to ensure he actually concretely achieves his long term goal.

>>151645690
That's a really lazy way of saying 'it's meant to be badly written'.
>>
>>151645790
Even in the show a few characters changed
Vidar, McGillis, Ein, Makanai and even Carta was rethinking things until McGillis came along.
>>
>>151645790
Tekkadan veterans were already shaped by their stay at CGS, it's not all that new to them what Tekkadan is doing. In fact they change in ways that make them seem more like normal kids after the whole coup and establishing a family.
Hush and Zack are the newcomers whom do change and react as you'd expect a newcomer do.

>>151645913
But at least now you can stop bitching about IBO "failing" at something that was a conscious decision.
>>
>>151646043
>But at least now you can stop bitching about IBO "failing" at something that was a conscious decision.
Not really, no. See >>151646006
If anything, this makes it deserves to be mocked even more.
>>
>>151645690
>show that characters, people don't change easily.

Crank dies ;_;
Ein is never the same changes his entire life for the sake of his commander

Fumitan dies
Sugoi Girl changed into a Maiden of Sugoilution on the spot

Piggy dies
Literally everyone in Tekkedan changes for 5 episodes and Brownman goes into a never ending state of full retard

Char kills his best friends
Doesn't change at all

Ein dies
Garma goes from a hothead to cool & calm Darth Vader
>>
>>151646006
>Not really. His overarching goals didn't change. It's the specifics that does, since by the end of the day, it's not like he's smart or educated enough to plan properly to ensure he actually concretely achieves his long term goal.
His overreaching goal was really vague to begin with.

I'd say he at least is going in a different direction with the whole king of Mars thing, because its no longer about being successful and more about being in control.
>>
>>151646274
They did say "people don't change easily", not that they don't change whatsoever. It's hard to change a person, their habits, way of thinking ect, unless something profoundly disturbing or illuminating happens to them.
>>
>>151646344
>its no longer about being successful
Was it ever about being siccessful? It was more about stability, growth as well but mostly about having a place of their own with no one bothering them. Then it became about being in power because apparently more powers means more stability to Orga.
>>
>>151646498
>Was it ever about being siccessful?
First few episodes.
>>
>>151646006
Are you literally retarded or what? Static characters have been a thing since forever.
>>
>>151646574
>hurr durr, its been done, so it can't be bad!
Get some self awareness before you call others retard, retard. So what it's been done before? It means and justify fucking nothing. If it's bad, it's bad.
>>
>>151646574
>have been a thing since forever.
How does that have anything to do with whether the work is good or not? Yeah, no shit,lazily written crap has existed before IBO, wow big deal. You're the retard for bringing irrelevant shit into the argument. IBO fags sure are getting more and more desperate at defending their shit show.
>>
>>151646683
It's not bad if it serves a purpose, many stories have been written about characters who're refusing to change and what not. Static characters are also used to highlight a change occurring around them. Characters in IBO aren't completely static though, they make it a point that Mika doesn't change, that's his thing, but characters like Orga and some more prominent Tekkadan members did change a bit.
>>
>>151646274
changing because your father figure/best friend/childhood friends/EVERYONE dying isn't what i would call "changing easily"ù
hell, Galigali changed because he lost EVERYTHING
>>
>>151642237
This.
>>
>>151635626
The goal is peace; ruling Mars is just a means to that end for them because they don't see any other way to get it but take it. That's why Orga jumped at McGillis's "I'll give Mars to Tekkadan if you be my bitch crew and get me in charge of Gjallarhorn" bait, it's accomplishing the means to that peace end he wants for his boys.

Of course, when McGillis fucks them over because all anyone's done for these kids up until they revolted against CGS is fuck them over, they'll come to realize that any peace being given is a peace not worth having.
>>
>>151637051
00's politics were so retarded it actually elevated Wing's.
>>
>>151647602
They actually had their biggest shot at peace when they were deciding what to do with Kudelia.

They bring conflicts to themselves.

The problems with Naze were because they stole CGS property.
The conflict with Gjallarhorn was because they harbored their enemy and from that they had to fight the Brewers.
Their involvement in the conflict on earth was because they started a branch there in service to a government which was sparking tensions.
The conflict with the newer pirates spawned from them expanding their interests.

They just stick their nose into something and are surprised every time when someone tries to break and shit goes downhill until Mika fixes it.
>>
>>151648071
>Their involvement in the conflict on earth was because they started a branch there in service to a government which was sparking tensions.
>The conflict with the newer pirates spawned from them expanding their interests.
Literally just expanding their company is a bad thing now?
>>
>>151648071
You completely ignore the fact that they were in dire financial situation after Maruba took off with most of the treasure.
You completely ignore the fact that they NEEDED that job as their sole source of income.
You completely ignore being told that there are no jobs on Mars unless it's the shitty ones where they'd be treated like fodder again for someone else agenda.
You basically tell them to suck it up and grovel in martian dirt like they had for most of their youth.
Sure, it aint easy, but taking risk is better than sitting on their asses and waiting for some rogue organisation usurp their turf after the news spreads that CGS has been deserted by its leaders.

>They just stick their nose into something and are surprised every time when someone tries to break and shit goes downhill until Mika fixes it.
Nobody's surprised, they just face every obstacle head on unlike a bunch of whiny do-nothings on 4chan.
>>
>>151648172
No, its more about being upset about the expected.

The expansion that came with the mine wasn't as obvious, but everyone is corrupt and there are several armed groups.
>>
>>151648408
Eventhen the earth branch thing was completely outside their control since Teiwaz basically sent a traitor in their midst.
>>
>>151648364
>You completely ignore the fact that they were in dire financial situation after Maruba took off with most of the treasure.
>You completely ignore the fact that they NEEDED that job as their sole source of income.
Hitler had an idea

>You completely ignore being told that there are no jobs on Mars unless it's the shitty ones where they'd be treated like fodder again for someone else agenda.
Are you trying to be ironic?

>Sure, it aint easy, but taking risk is better than sitting on their asses and waiting for some rogue organisation usurp their turf after the news spreads that CGS has been deserted by its leaders.
No matter what they did after they managed to beat back Gjallarhorn once they would seem more formidable than CGS.

>Nobody's surprised, they just face every obstacle head on unlike a bunch of whiny do-nothings on 4chan.
Orga obviously is if he was upset other groups would mess with them.
>>
>>151648512
No Teiwaz sent someone who knew what he was doing who became disgusted with them and he was there because they didn't have the ability to run things themselves.
>>
File: 1437872852764.jpg (118KB, 1035x915px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437872852764.jpg
118KB, 1035x915px
>>151648071
>blaming Tekkadan when they have it too easy
>blaming Tekkadan when the world doesn't bend to their desires
Heh.
>>
>>151648631
Are you being retarded ironically?
>>
>>151648754
It still doesn't change the fact someone who was supposed to help them, betrayed them instead.
Hell the guy is literally the reason for why the war was even prolonged that long.
What that guy did was completely out of their control.
>>
>>151648943
Its not like he was the one who got them involved. The whole conflict was started by the bearded man largely over the events of last season.

He exploited someone who had to be recently added to their organization.

Either way its not like it should be surprising that shit would go down on earth.
>>
>>151649130
He didn't got them involved, but he did make things a lot more worse than they ever could have expected.
>>
File: 1482074634436.png (763KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482074634436.png
763KB, 1280x720px
>>151609580
>IBO
>worse than Seed Destiny;AGE or G-rekt
I mean yes, the first season was kinda wonky, bot the second is pretty great:
>Darth Vidar vs ChocoChar
>Local man ruins everythong
>less Jewdelia
>new Tekkaden characters are actually somewhat interesting
>Guts killing stuff with giant metal shears
>Julie being totaly tsun-tsun for our masked antagonist
>Alot of raised (death) flags
S2 is actually ok.
>>
>>151649256
>Alot of raised (death) flags
Such as?
>>
>>151649340
Well since Aston already bit the bullet, I'm gonna say Naze - after the last episode that guy is a dead man walking.
>>
>>151649256
>bot the second is pretty great:
>Darth Vidar vs ChocoChar
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>151649256
Not fond of local man ruins everything, but for the rest we have to wait.

Most of what we have is build up.
>>
>>151649937
There was one verbal assault.
>>
File: raughs.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
raughs.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>>151649256
>Jewdelia
>>
File: 1459891336995.jpg (21KB, 237x224px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1459891336995.jpg
21KB, 237x224px
>>151609580
I like this show.
>>
>>151652161
What do you like about it?
100% of IBO fans duck this question.
>>
>>151652851
Not the OP, but I can answer why i like it. It's pretty simple: I get attached to the concepts, I find the way they are showing the protagonist's position different than what we pretty much always see, not just in gundam, but anime in general. "Different" doesn't mean interesting to a lot of people for good reasons, but for me it is interesting. I also enjoy Gjallarhorn and overall the series is just nice to follow. I don't really love it or get obsessive over it or want to talk about it much but I tune in every weekend and am invested to see where Orga's shitty journey is taking all of Tekkadan, as well as if Vidar will have his revenge.

There's plenty I don't enjoy, but that's more of what I don't enjoy about most anime and most gundam shows. It also definitely has a pacing problem, which again, isn't unique to it, but I understand the criticism.
>>
>>151652161
i like it too, i just don't see the point in talking to people who don't like it. it's not like i'm going to convince them to change their preferences, so i mostly just watch these threads and laugh at the good memes that come out of them. i'm not really defensive of ibo but i do like it a lot.
>>
>>151652851
Mika's sociopathic autism is fun to watch. I find Mika and Orga's obviously unhealthy relationship interesting and I wish they focused more on it. The Tekkadan crew has a lot of likable characters like Eugene, Shino and Akihiro. Also last episode showed me they can make a decent battle if they tried. I don't know if it's the budget or some other reason why they don't do it.

I'm no /m/fag and this is my third Gundam show after 00 and GBF so I might just have shit taste.
>>
>>151652851
>being this assblasted about people liking a show
>>
>>151653179
>>151653375
Thanks for taking the time to actually reply.

>>151653377
>Wanting to see actual opinions rather than Muh G-Rekt means I'm assblasted
>>
>>151652851
Mechanical design, sound design, character design, soundtrack, protags not being moralfags or angels of peace, the overal style of the setting. Mafia element and a hefty dose of true grit.
What I do not like: the writing, not series composition in general, but the dialogue writing sucks a bit, might be just shitty translation but the dialogue tries to blend in exposition and hardly ever manages to do so seamlessly.
>>
>>151653179
>I get attached to the concepts, I find the way they are showing the protagonist's position different than what we pretty much always see, not just in gundam, but anime in general. "Different" doesn't mean interesting to a lot of people for good reasons, but for me it is interesting
Not sure what you're getting at there.

>>151653292
>it's not like i'm going to convince them to change their preferences
Having a different preference doesn't make them bad.

You can't really point out something positive or negative in these threads without a ton of shitposting.
>>
File: 1444954112703.png (788KB, 1305x892px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444954112703.png
788KB, 1305x892px
>Ctrl+F "g-reco"
>38 matches
G-Reco claims yet another victim.
>>
>>151654255
You can see the density is right at the top, when shitposter was there plus all the posts saying "g-reco was worse."
>>
File: C1Ae2ZqUUAAqdDK.jpg (347KB, 2244x2572px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
C1Ae2ZqUUAAqdDK.jpg
347KB, 2244x2572px
>>
>>151653375
>Mika's sociopathic autism is fun to watch
this so much.
>Macky: this is a mobile armor it's sole purpose is to destroy every human life in existance.
>Macky: Back when they were still in active during the calamity war 300 years ago they annihilated 1/4 of humanities population, what do you make of it Mikazuki?
>Murdermanlet: It's fucking beautiful.
I laughed, I love that little murderpotato so much.
>>
>>151609580
How bad is this actually? I mean, I see people calling it worse than Destiny, but then, I've also seen people calling it worse than Skelter Heaven, and that's definitely not true, so I can't really tell how much of this is just shitposting.
>>
File: 60619890_p0.png (512KB, 544x757px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
60619890_p0.png
512KB, 544x757px
>>
>>151655604
It's not, just /m/'s shitposting. Read here how bad that board become >>151621275
>>
File: 1475469541279.png (700KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1475469541279.png
700KB, 1280x720px
>>151655604
Only elitist fucklicks, /m/aggots, and shitlord armchair psychologists from pampered hippie homes hate IBO.
>>
>>151645583
Vidar will get sick of his shit and end him, same as what he's going to do to Julietta.
>>
>>151655604
There are a wide range of opinions usually someone with a really strong one acts like an ass like >>151655754

/m/ threads are more civil now.
>>
>>151655513
I don't mind Mika for the most part but I actually hated that part, so edgy tryhard.
>>
File: 1457786714176.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457786714176.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>151656156
>>
>>151649256
>the second is pretty great
>Darth Vidar vs ChocoChar
Liteally watching paint dry on one side and no fuck to give on the other. That's 13 episodes.
>Local man ruins everythong
Honk.
>less Jewdelia
Thank god.
>new Tekkaden characters are actually somewhat interesting
In no way whatsoever.
>Guts killing stuff with giant metal shears
That made up for what? 2 minutes of screntime out of 13 episodes?
>Julie being totaly tsun-tsun for our masked antagonist
Trying to make the Vidar watching paint dry less dull I guess.
>Alot of raised (death) flags
Basically this show in a nutshell : nothing happens.

>S2 is actually ok
It isn't overly putrid for sure but as proven by your list, there's nothing to talk about with nothing happening.
>>
File: C0_3y_TUAAA0NZy.jpg (51KB, 548x602px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
C0_3y_TUAAA0NZy.jpg
51KB, 548x602px
>please care about this ad hoc homo bait
>>
>>151652161
I don't mind people liking shit.
>>
>>151656540
1 mention of G-Reco in the last two threads.
>>
>>151655604
It's just extremely uneventful with extra shallow characters everywhere. Long story short, Okada and Nagai are trying very, very hard to paint something deep out of nothing.
>>
File: 1479063275907.png (2MB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1479063275907.png
2MB, 1280x2880px
>>151656395
I thought it was hilarious.
just like this scene.
>>
>>151656540
I don't usually go to /m/, but the discussion from the latest thread there was pretty civil.
>>
>>151611497
>>151612379
I actually enjoyed age quite a bit, I don't know why people shit on it so much. Probably because it shared an art style with inazuma 11.
>>
>>151653696

I don't understand where I implied that having a different preference makes them bad. I actually didn't say that at all, I honestly believe that these threads get very disingenuous, even valid and well known criticism of IBO gets exaggerated to a point where there isn't a reason to engage. I don't mind if people dislike it though, I think most mecha anime sucks in general and I know I'm liking a niche thing when I enjoy it.
>>
>>151620995
>IBO is also failing on Toonami apparently.

Gundam Unicorn will replace it's timeslot. Also America will care about DBZ or something obscure or fun like Cross Ange or Monster Musume.
>>
>>151658780
>Gundam Unicorn will replace it's timeslot.
And bomb even harder.
>>
>>151658780
>monster musume
>cross ange
these are such shit

anyway IBO just like 00 would be an awful series to put on western tv, i don't know what they were thinking. most young teens and kids won't know what to make of it, or the boring politics exposition, and the ratio of distracting robot fights to talking about politics or hopes or dreams is very skewered, so of course it was bound to fail. it has the formulaic character types that could have succeeded in a series that wasn't a political heavy mecha show, but it was obvious no kids would give a fuck. not enough mecha fights to justify it, and "gundam" hasn't taken off in the west really since fujo wing and g gundam.

toonami has done well with shingeki no kyojin and naruto so it's not really a quality thing, the right shitty series can succeed. an anime where half the time is spent talking will absolutely not.
>>
>>151652851
watching Mika's sociopathic bullshit is always enjoyable to me. Also i like Barbatos design/everything. Choco char and Darth Garma are interesting to me including the Latter's MS Oh i also forgot about Gusion Rebake
>>
>>151659449
Wasn't 00 airing on SciFI's former anime block?
>>
waitin for it to job
>>
>>151660752
Yes from 08-09, and didn't really receive any attention or good ratings.
>>
>>151661030
Bar for a couple, Gundam has always failed to take off here and has flopped. Maybe toonami thought IBO would be different because it seemed to have "hot blooded" characters, but none of those characters get a fraction of the focus as Kudelia, boring traveling, drawn out politics, and characters explaining to each other 500 Xs something about the plot or the world building.
>>
>>151655888
>Julietta
She's actually competent though, just well out of her league.
>>
>>151652851
it being a mecha anime where i dont have to worry that characters i like get killed off in a pretty explosion just so people can jerk off at how adult and mature the show is, for one
>>
>>151664584
Why not? Because all the characters are so shit you don't like any of them?
>>
>>151664657
because i know it will give character deaths their significance, instead of just having a lot of them for cheap shock value
>>
>>151663918
Which won't matter when Vidar executes Iok in front of her, then squashes her like a gnat when she tries to avenge him.
>>
>>151665835
Vidar killing Iok doesn't make any sense though
>>
File: 1483018286307.gif (2MB, 290x260px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483018286307.gif
2MB, 290x260px
>>151665835
>Julietta
>avenging Iok
>>
File: 1481511723053.jpg (112KB, 997x917px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481511723053.jpg
112KB, 997x917px
As a general rule, if the neckbeard hivemind irrationally hates it, it's probably good.

Using this metric I discovered kill la kill, IBO, space patrol luluco, etc.

It's easily one of the better gundams.
>>
>>151609580
FUCK YOU
>>
>>151666816
>irrationally hates it
How about 100+ replies in this thread complaining about the QUALITY, shit writing, how boring it is, and so on?
>>
>>151655604
Its bad in the same way Argevollen and Asterisk are bad. As in its banal shitty rather than train wrecky shit.

I prefer trainwrecks but objectively mediocrity is better than trainwrecks
>>
>>151634754
G Gundam
SD Gundam force.

Skip the first five episodes
>>
File: 1467511367436.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1467511367436.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>151666625
>she won't jump at a supposed traitor going against Rustal-sama's keikaku
>>
>>151665835
Why would she try to avenge him.

She doesn't like him, either.
>>
>>151668447
see >>151668385

Rustal likes him, therefore she's obligated to defend him.
>>
>>151620731
>it only had 6 recap episodes, it wasn't like it was 7 or some ridiculous number like that
>>
>>151661104
Toonami should have aired Tiger & Bunny, Mai Hime or something original. If Sunrise doesn't have anything then I'm sure Toonami will be cancelled end of this year.

I don't know why casuals hate mecha.
>>
>people confusing model popularity with show popularity

IBO is pretty popular among the modelers not necessarily because they really like the show, but because they like the design of the mechas (vidar, graze) and because apparently the kits are of good quality.

Furthermore, mainstream shit like twillight and a shade of grey should tell you that popularity=/=good show.
>>
>>151620731

>it only had six!

C'mon man.
>>
>>151609580
Give it some slack, not every entry can live up to the classics like SD gundam.
>>
>>151617375
Watched twice
Watched
Watched thrice

Watched and should have dropped
Watched and did drop like the shit it was

Watched twice
Gave 3 episodes of Eva with Hirai-shit, I'm not giving it a 4th

I guess I could give the other two a go, but since you recommended some absolute turds it wont be because I read your post.
>>
>>151659303

Gundam Unicorn has good action sequences, good music and at first a decent premise (since it stole the original 0079 premise, which is such a great fucking premise that it has become a cliché by no).

Only the hardcore fans finds the first part bad (because they can spot where the show is imitating its predecessors or is laying it on too thick with the fanservice). It's the second act that drops the ball completely.
>>
>>151669241
>Eva with Hirai face

Back to MAL
>>