[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kengan Asuha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: i001.jpg (429KB, 727x1030px) Image search: [Google]
i001.jpg
429KB, 727x1030px
I'm enjoying this series way more than I though I would.

But fuck man,why do the translations come out so fucking slow?
>>
>>151605627
>slow
It's basically weekly now, when they started it was completely erratic, sometimes going over a month without releasing anything.

Anyway the group doing it is one of those group that aim to be big, they have many series under them so dedicating themselves to catch up with Kengan Asura's RAWs seems unlikely.

Only solo efforts is dedicated to catch up with RAWs or when a group is particularly intetested in a series.
>>
File: 004_1476949585.png (397KB, 1073x1523px) Image search: [Google]
004_1476949585.png
397KB, 1073x1523px
>>151605627
The pure violence is great and Karla too
>>
>>151605627
Yeah, really enjoying it. It's like Baki if baki didn't take 50 years to do anything.
>>
>>151606457
Kengan Asura also takes its time though, the tournament still is going in the latest RAW (171 I think), every single fight is going to be shown.

If the series maintains its popularity then they could just come up with another tournament and make it go full Baki, running forever.
>>
>>151606039
glad to hear that

>>151606173
>>151606457
>>151606748

Yeah,the thing I like most about it,when compared to Baki,is that the fights feel a LOT less predictable. Almost every fight feels like it could go either way (I know because I've seen all the raws up until 170).Not to say that Baki didn't have unpredictable fights. They are still brutal and entertaining,but I could tell most of the time what the outcome would be (especially in Dou with Musashi's fights.)

In Asura,even when Ohma wins,he get's fucked up BAD.Hell,he's still recovering from his brutal battle with Kure Raian.

Really looking forward to more of Kengan Asura translations.
>>
anyone else getting toriko vibes from this?

the salary guy is pretty much komatsu and was already hinted at having a special snowflake ability to gauge a fighter's potential like his son
>>
>>151606748
I didn't expect such a big tournament to start so soon though. Unless they prepare a world tournament or step it down a bit somehow, the manga can run out of steam soon (fight the bodyguards and Fang and all those boring uberstrong types).
>>
Latest chapter Gao implies he's gonna die after his loss to Fang, which seems weird but the King's few pages seem to raise some death flags. I'll be sad since Gao is one of the more likable character of the series
>>
>>151608907
There's a scene later on where he casually dodges the assassination technique of one of the fighters in a background fight by dumb luck (or not - who knows)
>>
>>151608907
We already got a bokke fighter so yeah, pretty much. Nogi's bratty-yet-strong personality fits quite well too.
>>
>>151609327
Gao is my favourite
A pity he had to be matched up against Agito so soon
No matter how good he is, no way the plot would allow him to win this fight
He got the best out of a losing hand I guess, beating the shit out of Agito for 90% of the fight
>>
Really enjoyed this fight. Adam totally got designed like fodder, but the author really made him out to be a legitimate badass among all the other badasses in this tourney. And I loved that Boss Burger looked seriously sinister during that, before he went back to looking like a fool again after Adam lost.

Honestly, I'm just really glad that the author seems so well aware of the usual tropes that go along with this kind of story and is properly keeping the tension up with his fresh way of doing things.
>>
Dropped this after le twisty arm guy lost like a fodder.
>>
>>151610172
This.

Not gonna lie,Adam was obviously designed to be fodder for the prettyboy but at the same time strong trope character.

Or so I thought.

I was honestly surprised when Adam started to fuck Imai's shit up.He still lost,but full props to the author for making it such a close match
>>
>>151610366
Adam and Imai after this match becomes total bros. Pretty fun.
>>
>>151610172
I really like how his setup easily allows for rematches and doesn't fodderize losers after one fight.
>>
>>151610366
>>151610570
And I like that he also does this not just for the 'fodder'-like opponents. Rihito, I mean. Former enemy who comes back as an ally and with improvements? Usually the kind of guy you'd think would be able to follow the MC for a bit while possibly struggling hard the entire way. Then it turns out he loses in his first match against an opponent with a similar style to his own. Love it, especially because of what second anon said about how these characters aren't necessarily completely out from the story just from losing.
>>
>>151611047
Another example would be Kiryu losing against the same guy.As a rival to the MC you would expect him to be in the finals,right?BUT NO,he actually loses to someone else. Although it's not clear if he lost fairly or if he dropped the match for some reason.He was still smiling after being bandaged up for some reason.He's still planning something for sure.
>>
Bump.

Any word on the anime?
>>
>>151611699
Not sure if you could read gook but he certainly went all out against the old man. It's just that he's still too young to take on that hardcore old man. There's always room for improvement. I'm sure the whole Ouma/Fuccboi story will be resolved outside the main tourney. At least we know why Fuccboi is so obsessed with our protagonist
>>
>>151612649
Why?
>>
>>151612690
There's a whole long ass flashback. Basically fuccboi was sold as child sex slave and one day was saved by our boy Ouma and he fell in love with him and his ferociousness, calling Ouma his god or some shit. Then Ouma disappeared but fuccboi kept thinking of him all those time and wanted to meet Ouma again. Fuccboi was then bought and lived with some sugar daddy while Ouma went off to meet his master. Time went on and eventually he met Ouma again while Ouma was training with his master but Ouma was no longer the wild beast he used to be that fuccboi fell in love with so fuccboi got all upset and shit, which was probably why he killed Ouma's master. However this is still kinda unclear. So in short, gay as fuck
>>
>>151613281
Wait. Kiryu didn't kill Ouma's master.
He killed his own master.
>>
>>151613281
So the fuccboi masturbates to the mc everyday because of being a savior? Would have been better if fuccboi were a girl.
>>
>>151613649
I think you're right I read this a while ago my memory gets hazy here and there. Either way I think the author drops clue here and there to make this whole mysterious past thing as vague as possible tho. I'm just really uninterested in that whole gay drama story. The main tournament is the fun part to follow.
>>
>>151612203
Bump

I would also like to know.
>>
>>151612203
>>151614762
I think the latest thing they revealed was some of the voice cast, that was months ago.

Really, the anime production is really taking their time, I hope that it is they are aiming for a degree of a good quality at least.
>>
Anime is waiting for the tournament to finish.
There isn't really a good stopping point until the tournament finishing because nothing major happened yet in the manga.
>>
>>151615706
>>151615823

Cool,thanks.
>>
>>151609668
What is Agito's style even, he looks he goes nuts mid fight and regains his cool when he's outside of a fight
>>
Would you go for fuccboi or Ouma?
>>
>>151619932
Nigga das gay. Karla is the hottest anyway

>Doesn't immediately accept the proposal to put a baby in her
>He calls Setsuna gay
>>
>>151619932
Cosmo
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.