[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Yagami Light just a very disturbed /pol/tard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: poster-thumb-9571.jpg (31KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
poster-thumb-9571.jpg
31KB, 300x442px
Was Yagami Light just a very disturbed /pol/tard?
>>
He didn't die as horribly as I wanted him to be.
>>
>>151592183
Spotted the animeonlyfag
>>
File: dn107_v12_p16c.jpg (252KB, 754x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dn107_v12_p16c.jpg
252KB, 754x1200px
>>151592195
His death in the manga isn't that bad either.
>>
>>151591844
so he was just a regular /pol/tard?
>>
>>151592256
At least he died begging likena bitch in a pool of his own blood instead of the peaceful death bullshit from the anime
>>
>>151592311
I wonder which death that new movie will use.
>>
>>151591844
Pretty much. Except he was also intelligent and not mentally deficient.
>>
>>151591844
if you stop at episode 25 its actually a good show
>>
>>151592387
So he wasn't a /pol/tard at all?
>>
Justicefag genius corrupted by evil book.
>>151592256
He gets worshiped too. Ryuk promised that ending though. It's all the same in the end anyway, he fails so his name gets written in the book. I personally don't get the butthurt over the character, you signed up for this knowing what you'd get.
>>
>>151591844
>?
Will there be more "question mark" threads next year than this one?
Will people making them finally kill themselves?
Will /a/ stop being shit eventually?
Was _________ overrated?
Was __________ Underrated?
Was __________ slut?

FUCK
THIS
FUCKING
THREAD
>>
Just an intelligent kid who got put into an extraordinary circumstance right before he normally would have had that phase change in his life where he realizes things aren't black and white and the world is more complicated than it seems
>>
File: 1478499718537.jpg (359KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478499718537.jpg
359KB, 1280x720px
>>151591844
>Light existed before /pol/ existed
>>
Don't worry guys, if you forget about everything after L's death, it's actually a good show!
>>
Light was right.
If I recall correctly, at the end of the manga one of the cop dudes said that as a result of Light's actions, the level of crime worldwide went down by 70%. Can you really argue with results like that?
>>
>>151594562
Russia was also pretty cool under communism.

Also

Light did nothing wrong.
>>
>>151594562
Although, I will admit, the real problem is people like Mikami who wanted to kill niggas for shitty reasons. A truly slippery slope.
>>
>>151594562
>Can you really argue with results like that?
Yeah, you can. Murder is wrong. Regardless of his results, Light is the biggest mass murderer in the world.
>>
>>151594581
You're retarded.
>>
>>151594617
>gives a bunch of scumbags heart attacks
>had to kill an FBI agent that one time, and that one reporter

I could see unequivocally being against Light if he was killing random innocents or kids or some shit. But with the type of niggas he was killing, he was arguably creating a net gain for society.

Maybe it's just me. I tend to look at things like killing/death objectively.
>>
>>151594562
You can believe what you want. He got tremendously positive results and many people genuinely supported Kira, that's true. But it's also true he's an egomaniacal serial killer. Even the writer felt debating whether Light is good or bad isn't important and it shows in what little focus the series has on moralizing or focusing on the fruits of Light's labors. After all, other cop responded he didn't care about right and wrong and was just happy to be alive.

But for the main drama of the story, Light functions as a villain.
>>
>>151594693
This
Only people against him are people who cannot even phantom going against the system (police), people who were doing it for fun (L, M, N), and criminals
>>
>>151594693
>>151596616
Light was starting killing people because they were lazy, in some years he would start killing anyone that makes an annoying noise.
>>
>>151596827
He just says that, you can't actually find out and kill lazy people
>killing anyone that makes an annoying noise
Literally everyone thinks of doing that at times
>>
>>151596827
>Light was starting killing people because they were lazy
No, Mikami threatened to do that. Light thought he was moving too fast and being too extreme. Laziness is a subject he planned to tackle later after his power was secured, but we don't know how since he was stopped. However Light is very meticulous so his plan was likely to create a society inhospitable for the lazy.
>>
if he was then he would need 2 death notes since first would be full of surnames ending with -stein and -berg
>>
>>151597398
But the death note has infinite pages
>>
>>151594693
But that's exactly the thing. There's always the temptation to cross the line, and nothing can be done about it when it does happen. It's why there's so many apples in the show, when you look at it that way.
>>
>>151597669
But Light never crossed the line
He didn't have a line to cross
He decided to create a new and better world, no matter the cost, even at the expense of his own humanity
>>
>>151591844
He wasn't spending his days writing steins and bergs in the book so no.
>>
>kira I will figure you out!
>oh yeah you think your hot shit, about I kill you right there Mr. Detective?
Light showed in that very episode that he didnt just kill people who were innocent, but also those who threatened his ego.

It should be pointed out that "only killing the people who are confirmed guilty" and "that deserved to die" was a line said by Light himself when he criticized Mikami, but never an objective statement about Light himself (he can say whatever he wants about himself).
>>
>>151591844
Probably
>>
He was a self-righteous SJW.
>>
>>151598269
>Get a magic notebook that can kill at distance
>Tell everyone where you live
>Tell L you have access to police files
>Kill the man tailing you
how can you fuck up so much
>>
>>151591844
He was just a psycho who thought he had a miraculous vision for the future but was in reality just a selfish fuck with a twisted outlook on reality
>>
>>151594599
>Russia was also pretty cool under communism

Source: My ass.
>>
>>151594693
>>151596616
>statistics are all that matter, emotions are irrelevant

It's like I'm arguing with a bunch of autistic nerds
Oh right I'm on /a/.
>>
>>151598269
>>151599770
He was killing everyone who was a threat, regardless of the convenience or strategy
>>151599896
Light wasn't emotionless
>>
>>151600224
>Light was emotionless

I'm talking about you you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>151600309
I'm not emotionless
>>
/pol/
Path
Of
Light
>>
>claim to be smart
>don't realize criminal behavior is largely due to socioeconomic circumstances

he was a /pol/ack alright
>>
>>151600953
Yeah, it's easier to be a mobster and get rich than to be an honest citizen
>>
>>151600953
No.
>>
File: 1478226965568.jpg (111KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
1478226965568.jpg
111KB, 588x588px
>>151594562
>ends justify the means
Yes, I absolutely can argue with results like that.

For one, he didn't limit himself to criminals. Anyone who opposed his lawlessness went down.

When you start killing police, reporters, and politicians who you don't like, you're the bad guy. Regardless of your intentions.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.