[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Colonies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 45593-space.jpg (283KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
45593-space.jpg
283KB, 1000x563px
Would you live on a colony if you could? How would you feel adapting to it? Could you handle looking up to see the ground of a different city on the opposite side of the colony?

I feel like I would personally have vertigo 24/7
>>
How the hell can you build a colony in space?
>>
>>151590943
Minovsky Particles anon, aint gotta 'splain shit
>>
>>151590589
chance for newtype powers?
sure i'll roll

then i can blame my autism on being a new type.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-06-17h20m24s869.png (636KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-06-17h20m24s869.png
636KB, 960x720px
>>151590589
I'd love to live in Neo Mexico
>>
>>151591797
I'd like to live on the top floor of that cactus.
>>
>>151590589
That's a horrible idea for a colony. Not only are you wasting a massive amount of potential commercial and living space, but you are limiting that entire section to one floor.
In the harsh environment of space, you don't have the ability to splurge like that. Every nook and cranny must be used and failure to do that could result in inefficient resource management which will devastate the entire colony.
>>
Of course I would, space is the way of the future! My soul is not weighed down by gravity. And I'd only come back down to Earth to laugh at you and your dirty way of life.
>>
>>151592110
In theory, the colony would turn about its long axis and the resulting outward force would take the place of gravity. There's only one optimal radius, therefore one floor, that could experience this ideal gravity-like outward force.
>>
>>151590589
Aren't all spacenoids genocidal terorists?
>>
>>151590589
Probably wouldn't mind seeing the ground when I look up, but I'm sure I'd be bothered by the man made, souless and history less architecture and landscape. Like those cities that got destroyed during WW2 and got rebuilt in the 60s. Or those artificial town centers built in the 80s around malls. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>151590589
Gundam Colonies actually are well suited for living and you shoudnt experience effects you mentioned - the ground appears flat for you due to their share size and geometry creating artificial horizon as well you cant really see the "other side" - when you look up you see blue skies.
>>
File: dd_STorus1a[1].jpg (155KB, 864x674px) Image search: [Google]
dd_STorus1a[1].jpg
155KB, 864x674px
>>151592110
Anon.. Gundam colony designs are actual proposed most viable big space station designs as it stands since they create artificial gravity via centripetal force. The only alternative to straight tube colonies are the ring tube colonies.

Also if you actually watche Gundam you` knew that below surface there are many technical floors with reduced gravity.
>>
>>151590943
It's anime
>>
>>151597723
anime ja nai.
>>
>>151590589
>Gundam Colonies

So, I'm not very familiar with Gundam's universe, but did they ever colonize/terraform other planets?

Like, do any of them live on venus or mars and grow corn n' fight for independence? Gundam's world seems so confusing from an outsiders perspective.
>>
>>151597822
Artificial habitats are the way to go. It's an order of magnitude thing, they are about ten to a hundred times cheaper than setting up a colony on the surface.
It's confusing because it's based on Clarke and engineering data instead of anime cliches. Apart from the mobile suits themselves, everything about that setting is spot on.
>>
>>151597822
Mar's is the only planet colonized in some instances.
There are colonies in orbit around Mars, Venus and Jupiter in some universes.
>>
>>151590589
If it's far away from those colony-dropping lunatics, sure.
>>
>>151597822
Well Gundam isn't one universe, which is why it's some what confusing.

In most universes, the majority of humanity lives in O'neil type cylinder space stations, and the planets aren't colonized outside of a few bases.

The current Gundam series, IBO, does feature a fully colonized and terraformed Mars.
>>
File: colony.png (708KB, 1007x569px) Image search: [Google]
colony.png
708KB, 1007x569px
ONE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>>
File: colony2.jpg (128KB, 536x900px) Image search: [Google]
colony2.jpg
128KB, 536x900px
TWO NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>>
File: colony3.png (396KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
colony3.png
396KB, 960x720px
THRE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>>
>>151598786
>>151598813
>>151598830
>implying this is not the logical solution to the aussie problem
Gundam was decades ahead of its time
>>
>>151599381
But what about the Irish? What did they do?
>>
>>151599538
being irish is a sin in itself
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.