[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would anime be better if the official language was chinese or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1476668868684.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476668868684.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
Would anime be better if the official language was chinese or korean instead of japanese?
>>
Chinese is awful because they use sounds instead of words. I don't know much about gookspeak, it sounds very similar to japanese. Japanese is cool as hell so it's the best pick.
>>
NO! japanese is the cutest sounding language, korean would probably be at least acceptable, but chinese would probably be unacceptable (no offense to any chinese people reading this)
>>
Chinese sounds like garbage and not in an amusing way.
>>
Anime wouldn't be popular at all if it was in Chinese. Or at least, everyone would actually prefer it dubbed. Fuck Chinese.
>>
Chinese sounds like they're speaking with noises made from deep in their throat rather than you know, using their tongue, lips and teeth, it's such a fucking ugly language
>>
Chinese is a fucking hideous sounding language.
Korean sounds like Japanese spoken by someone choking on a boiled egg.
>>
It would be easier to translate if it was in Korean. However, the entire hypothetical is pointless. Since if it wasn't Japanese, it would be entirely different from what we know of it. And wouldn't have spread worldwide (which happened thanks to Japan being the center of technology for two decades).
>>
>>151575547
>I don't know much about gookspeak, it sounds very similar to japanese.
殺してやるぞ
>>
>>151575591
Chinese and Korean are some of the most horrible sounding languages I've ever heard, so no.
>>
Hello pol thread in disguise. This window will close in 3 seconds.
>>
So apparently Japanese and Chinese writing systems share kanji but why do the languages sound so vastly different
>>
>>151578963
Have I introduced you to the Semetic family of languages? Have to fucking spit phlegm to say em right. Also Nahuatl...
>>
Chinese is like the Arabic of East Asia.
>>
>>151579117
I think because they have different roots.
>>
>>151578963
I dunno, German is pretty harsh sounding, as is Dutch.
>>
>>151575492
Chinese and Korean are the most ugly sounding languages in the world, no thanks
>>
>>151579117
Japanese and Chinese are completely separate languages, but Japan happened to import the characters from the Chinese and use them to write Japanese. They did import the pronunciations of the characters too and those pronunciations are still used today in a fuckton of Japanese words, Chinese sounded different back then when this happened and Japanese has changed since too so you don't recognize this influence so much. Not to mention that you see what happens when they take an English word. Sometimes they change the pronunciation beyond recognition.
>>
>>151579117
They're different languages, but the Japanese didn't have a proper writing system until the Chinese brought kanji over, so the Japs just adopted that method of writing. There's plenty of Chinese loan-words in Japanese, but they all sound a bit different.
>>
>>151579147
I still prefer those. I don't mind barbaric and guttural sounds. There's something about Chinese that's just disgusting for me. Korean is not as bad, but it still sounds pretty ridiculous.

>>151579246
I actually like the sound of German, and Dutch is okay I guess. It sounds just like German's ugly cousin that spent too much time in an Australia or something.
>>
>>151575492
>5
Nah. I've worked for a lot of gooks and chinks. Their language sounds like gobbledegook. Just because Japanese uses Chinese characters doesn't mean the languages are anything alike.
>>
>>151575492
Probably not.
>>
>>151579408

You're hang up is probably the tone/accent being used and not the semantics of the language itself. No idea why a lot of Chinese people talk in super high pitched, nasally way when it seems to be the opposite of what their language is trying to be.
>>
>>151575492
>Chinese
SHUASHUSHUSHKWANUAHUSHUSHHEENEKWAKWAURHURRGURRR
>Korean
OHOJOKOMOYODEHHOKOKOMODSKODOGUHDUHKUHBLUH
>>
Have you fucking listened to chinkspeak and gookspeak?

This isn't even being a filthy weeb but nipspeak is phonetically superior compared to those two. That's actual objective fact compared to the cluster fuck of xiao/xu/guk/gok garbage of the other two. I don't want earcancer. Granted, there are some really nice Chinese narrators that I love listening to from time to time.
>>
>>151575492
Fuck off gook.
>>
>>151579592
Maybe, though Japanese words also have tones, albeit in a much less complex way than Chinese, and I find it quite charming.
>>
>>151579593
>>Chinese
>SHUASHUSHUSHKWANUAHUSHUSHHEENEKWAKWAURHURRGURRR
kek
>>
>>151579592

This. Chinese people just sound like they're arguing and angry. Even when just chatting casually. While typical Japanese people have the opposite problem. They sound like they're joking and mocking people and aren't taking anything seriously.
>>
File: 1468198408407.jpg (80KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1468198408407.jpg
80KB, 1024x576px
No.
>>
Chinese sounds horrible, one of the worst sounding languages. Korean isn't much better.
>>
>>151575547
>sounds instead of words
>>
>>151575492
Chinese sounds almost as ugly as Arabic.
Almost.
>>
>>151579246
Dutch sounds like someone threw English and German into a blender and called it a day.
>>
>>151579771
>Chinese people just sound like they're arguing and angry

That's the cantonese man, mandarin is ok sounding (japanese sounds way better though).
>>
File: 600px-PCSGUE01_03.jpg (60KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
600px-PCSGUE01_03.jpg
60KB, 600x338px
Has it ever crossed your mind that you think Japanese sounds better, is because you listen to it more often? I'm sure that if anime's popularity originated and grew from china, everyone here would have a completely different opinion.
>>
>>151581333
No because even before I watched anime, I fucking hated how Chinese and Korean sounded.

Now fuck off you filthy chink.
>>
>>151575492
Chinese is beautiful so it would be.
>>
>>151581333
There are plenty of languages I don't hear spoken very often at all, but I can still independently find them attractive to hear. Standards of beauty isn't as simple a matter as just watching a lot of anime, this is more about one's entire learned concept of what human mouth-sounds should be like.
>>
>>151581333

It has crossed my mind. So I went and interacted with Chinese people, frequented Chinatown, etc. What I found was Chinese people are quicker to anger and don't care about their appearance. While Japanese people are super passive and care too much about their appearance. Both have their positives and negatives. But to an outsider, the Japanese fixation on politeness and cleanliness will definitely be more appealing than the Chinese.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.