[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Y'all told me Narutaru was good and depressing. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 246dd14a682e24f788e9ad3542ac27e4.jpg (580KB, 1922x2726px) Image search: [Google]
246dd14a682e24f788e9ad3542ac27e4.jpg
580KB, 1922x2726px
Y'all told me Narutaru was good and depressing. I'm starting the last episode, and it's been neither. Mostly it's been boring, and it feels like it's trying to hard to be edgy. Like an earlier version of Elfen Lied.

Was this the curse of Evangelion? Every anime afterward for a few years trying to out-grimdark the other? Or maybe I need to read the manga.
>>
>>151538154
Read the manga, it's a million times better.
Also, the anime ends mid way in the story as far as I remember.
>>
>>151538218
So it's one of those, "the anime is only a teaser, now read the manga" types. And does the manga actually get dark? I should add that I've seen flashes of how the story might get dark and depressing, but after 12 episodes in, all that I've seen is that the groundwork of the plot has been laid/characters introduced. No arc looks to be finished, except for Shiina's friend (not even sure if it'll finish come the end of episode 13). Oh well, better start downloading the manga.
>>
>>151538154
The manga was better. About the only good thing from the Narutaru anime (and the Bokurano anime for that matter) was the OP.

>>151538333
It's pretty edgy. Rape, nuclear holocausts, giant hands bitchslapping everyone. It's definitely not as good as Bokurano but it was an enjoyable ride for me, even though the ending is rushed fast as fuck.
>>
I think that the anime suffered from a legitimately low budget. It's ugly and stiff. The OP might be the best part about it, and I guess Konaka adapating the chapters quite well to screen, even if he seems a bit restricted here.

>>151538333
>>151538458
It gets pretty extreme, perhaps needlessly so. Norio's fate and maybe the ending in general felt a bit excessive and kinda like Kitoh just felt like he was a bit tired of writing it.
>>
>>151538498
Yeah, holy fuck Norio's death was some painful shit. That and Shiina's friend getting a test tube shoved up her vagina by the bullies with her groin area getting kicked and her subsequent murder of everyone.
>>
>>151538498
While I'm on the topic of cool people working on the anime adaptation like Chiaki J Konaka, I'm always surprised by Masahiko Ohta's involvement as character designer/CAD for this show.

He's well-known for Minami-ke S1, Mitsudomoe, and all of his more recent Dogakobo work but it seems like he had a very interesting early career, working on NaruTaru as well as a whole lot of late 90s/early 2000s Madhouse shows. Hell, he was episode director for Texhnolyze 19, another Konaka show.

No idea why the official release credits here seem to have gotten his name wrong though
>>
>>151538458
>>151538498
Thanks for that insight. Just finished episode 13 right now. Poor Hiroko ;_; At least her bullies got BTFO
>>
Just read that Akira's dad was molesting her was this plot point removed in the anime?
>>
>>151538154
>anime

dude the manga dude, the manga
>>
>>151538627
Also pointless. Refuses to bring back Vagina Dentata for like 5 seconds to help his friends and then whatshername dies anyways.
>>
>>151541140
Shiina doesn't die though for some odd reason. Cause it was all according to Earths keikaku or some shit. She had to fuck a cancer patient and kill the rest of humanity.
>>
>>151541754
I've never watched or read the manga, but going by what's been said in this thread, how does Narutaru not get shit on for being edgy the way Elfen Lied does?
>>
>>151542821
I dunno, it's edgy but I guess it just cuts better than Elfen Lied. It's still pretty shlocky and gratuitous at times, like one of the main villains kills people for littering and another thinks the Khmer Rouge did nothing wrong and there's some parts where the edge is turned up to 11. Girl gets bullied? Well, she also gets raped and uses her Pokemon to kill people. The big difference I guess is that the MC is upbeat and cheerful for most of the story until she cracks
>>
>>151542821
>>151543441
I guess part of it is how disarming the story looks and the fact that the anime aired on KIDS STATION, though it's evident the director and co. were seriously pushing the boundaries of what that channel would allow.

It's more subversive than Elfen Lied, which tries to sell itself as some kind of mature artistic product right from the get-go, I guess.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.