[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cast japanese actors to clearly non japanese roles. No one complains.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: attack-on-titan-header-image.jpg (63KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
attack-on-titan-header-image.jpg
63KB, 640x340px
Cast japanese actors to clearly non japanese roles. No one complains.

Cast ScarJo to a cyborg who could appear like anyone. Shitstorm on /a/.

Why is there such a double standard?
>>
No one on this board gives half a shit, take it somewhere else
>>
>>151537546
muh "everything is better if it's japanese, including people" meme
>>
>>151537546
Isn't Mikasa played by a Korean there? wew
>>
>>151537546
Poor casting choice given the subject material and pool of talent. Japanese movies will naturally have Japanese actors, while American movies can have many types, but in this case went with an unfitting actress and an amateur director. Combine that with the source material trying to be redesigned for a standard Western movie length, and you have a problem.
>>
>>151537546
>Japanese film company casts Japanese actors in a low budget movie to non-Japanese roles
>Hollywood, the pillar of diversity, doesn't cast an Asian in a high budget adaptation of a manga, even if the cyborg could look like anyone, for diversity's sake
Okay OP.
>>
Are you sure motoko is supposed to be asian? She certainly doesn't look like any of the other asians in GITS. Not in the movie, at least.
>>
>>151537546
Scarjo is a shitty actress who gets shoved in every move that can fit her jew nose into the camera shot.
>>
is there anyone that actually cares about scarjo being cast besides sjws and their "muh representation"?

like, i want opinions from hardcore gits fans, because i only very recently got into gits and i think scarjo is fine
>>
>>151537814
>is there anyone that actually cares about scarjo
She is literally in every fucking movie these days and there were a lot of other actresses that would have fit the role better
>>
>>151537725
I haven't been keeping track, but weren't there a number of whitewashed films and corresponding backlash in the last few years? Avatar, DBZ, KOF, etc. Hollywood just doesn't learn. Then again, it's full of manlets.
>>
>>151537852
>She is literally in every fucking movie these days
it's an anime movie, without scarjo's name attached, not only would it not sell well, it probably wouldn't have been green-lit in the first place

>there were a lot of other actresses that would have fit the role better
who? i could see the girl from pacific rim, if her acting is up to par, but that's all that comes to mind
>>
>>151538009
Yeah, you'd think Avatar the Last Airbender would have an Asian cast, but it seems that Shamalan thought otherwise.
I don't know what the hell was up with Dragon Ball, it almost seems like a joke. The high school loser trope is already old enough, now they attached it to a kid that lived in the mountains, didn't know what vaginas were, and spent most of his time practicing alone.
>>
>>151537546
One is aimed at the Japanese market
The other is aimed at the American market

Now fuck off >>>/tv/
>>
>>151538236
>One is aimed at a Japanese-majority market, therefore it should have a Japanese-led cast
>The other is aimed at a white-majority market, therefore it shouldn't have a white-led cast
>>
>>151537546
>Shitstorm on /a/.
What /a/ are you browsing? The biggest complaint about scarjo here is that she's a fucking hack who couldn't even be bothered getting into shape for this role.
>>
>>151538172
Better yet, they had him cast his own countrymen as the villains.
>>
File: Mina.png (170KB, 458x518px) Image search: [Google]
Mina.png
170KB, 458x518px
>>151537725
>>Hollywood, the pillar of diversity
Hahahaha, WAT
>>
>>151538589
Correction:
>One is aimed at the Japanese market, therefore it can't cast non-Japanese speakers
>One is aimed at the world market, therefore they can cast anyone they like in the English-speaking world
>>
>>151537725
Find me 10 good asian actors who can play in these movies.
>>
>>151537640
She's mixed white and asian but I don't remember what ethnic group. She goes by a Japanese name in her modeling work though.
>>
>>151538589
>casting decisions are made with market appeal and profitability as the number one priority
Hope that clears up any confusion you might have
>>
>>151537546
>Shitstorm on /a/.
When? There were like four simultaneous threads about the movie at the height of it. No one cares.

Also, no fucking shit they cast Japanese actors, Japan is incredibly homogenous.
>>
>>151540917
Wait, is this post supposed to be IN FAVOR of casting a literally who asian (a literally Wu?) over Scarlett Johansson?
>>
>>151541477
>a literally Wu?
Please never try to make a joke again.
>>
>>151541477
It's quite clearly neither for or against the idea.
>>
>>151538589
If you want your movie to make more money, yes, that's exactly right.
>>
>>151538172
Dragonball 's writer apologized recently. He said he had no experience with DB, and just took the job to feed himself.
>>
>>151537546
Satomi-chan is my japfu donut steel.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.