[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Lie in April

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15

Why does /a/ hate Your Lie in April but praise garbage like Hibike?

Shigatsu has
>better music
>better visuals
>better writing
>better melodrama
>no forced pairings

It is better at being an anime about music than Hibike. It is better at being a drama show than Hibike.

Yet /a/ will still pretend that Shigatsu isn't miles better than that Hibike and will pretend that Hibike is good at all.

What gives?
>>
>>151496014
because it's popular
>>
>>151496014
>>better music
Wrong.
>>better visuals
Wrong.
>>better writing
Wrong.
>>better melodrama
Wrong.
>>no forced pairings
There aren't in Hibikek either.
>>
File: 1426805119081.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426805119081.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
It's more liked on tumblr or whatever site, besides they are to young for the drama. Anyway I think the story was better achieved than other shows like Clannaids or Angel Beats.
>>
File: 429946.jpg (2MB, 3533x2500px) Image search: [Google]
429946.jpg
2MB, 3533x2500px
>>151496014
I hate both.

Poor man's cantabile
>>
>>151496014
Why is Shigatsu getting false flagged all of a sudden?

It's a Hibikek falseflagging isn't it?
>>
>>151496296
should i watch this? heard the second season was bad
>>
>>151496014
I personally really enjoyed this one. the visuals and music were pretty great and it hit close to home being a musician with some problems with self doubt.
>>
File: 81837.jpg (689KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
81837.jpg
689KB, 1600x1200px
>>151496423
Find out yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fShB6BkGrk4
>>
>>151496323
this is the only thread in weeks
>>
It got popular, /a/ is doing the same on Kimi no Na Wa now, and for some reason, Your Name threads are getting deleted.
>>
>>151496014
>Oh boy look at all these opinions I have.
>>
>>151496014
Those are pretty much all wrong, and I don't even think Hibike's that great overall. Shigatsu is just fucking terrible.

>>151496423
S1 is great, S2 is terrible because they switched directors, and S3 is still the shitty director but isn't nearly as bad. Watch S1, read the manga, and finish the anime if you really love it.
>>
your lie is shit for many fucking reasons

>mediocre music
>bland characters
>absolutely over dramatic even at times it doesn't need to be
>boring as fuck
>cliche story
fuck that show.the fact you need to ask why people dont like it makes you retarded.
>>
I don't hate Shigatsu desu, but Hibike is a lot better.
>>
>>151496014
Reddit likes it so we hate it.
>>
>>151496423
Watch season 1 and pretend the others don't exist.
>>
I liked it.
>>
>>151496296
GYABO!
>>
since when does /a/ hate your lie in april? Unless I've just been really good at ignoring shitposters.
>>
>>151500704
Since it aired.
>>
>>151500704
>shitposters
except it is obnoxiously bad.
>>
File: 1476236753952.jpg (10KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476236753952.jpg
10KB, 180x200px
>>151496014
Hibike is complete garbage that does not even take itself seriously
I prefer Shigatsu. Normalfag as it is, at least it does not pussy around and killed the blondie. Unlike Hibike where the relationships went nowhere.
And the threads...OH GOD THE THREADS
>>
The only good character in the entire show was the friend of the baseball chick
>>
>>151500762
>killing the girl is a good thing
fuck off.
>>
Who the fuck wants to watch a show about an insufferable faggot with muh mommy problems who can't stop crying his eyes out?
>>
>>151500826
fucking this.

why is that show so god damn emotional? for fucksake every other minute they try and make something a big deal and it really isnt. nothing but crying and stupid shit. its absolutely garbage.
>>
>>151500819
Unlike Hibike that canot even give a proper conclusion?
It was a bad end. but at least it WAS an ending tha lead to something
>>
>>151496290
Tumblr loves Hibikek though
>>
>>151500915
so cheaply killing off the main character makes it better? its a cliche thats been done to death. I wouldnt say that atomatically makes it better. there was no satisfacation in the end. was just dread. id much rather have an ending that would potentially lead into something else.
>>
>>151500826
The same fags who watches a girl go after a teacher who does not want her
The same fags who watches a girl go lesbian and straight at a times notice
>>
Shigatsu was painfully overdramatic and predictable as hell, but I thought it was worth watching. The blonde girl was likeable, even if she had death flags all over her and I could see the ending from miles ahead.

Maybe the fact that I liked her made it sad that I knew she was going to die anyway.
>>
>>151500999
Seems way better than the former to me.
>>
>>151500990
It was a bad show, I admit that. But it is incomparable to Hibike that wasted everyone's time shitposting about ships that they know won't get canon
>>
while Nodame (season 1) is way better than both shows, expecially in understanding music and the right feel of a music show, Hibikek is probably a bit better since it has better animation, characters and OST. Shigatsu seems almost a parody of dramas. Still they I wouldn't reccomand even one of those 2: watch nodame 1 instead
>>
>>151501057
It's a show about band drama, not a romance show.
>>
>>151501057
but at least you could watch the first season which was fine then stop. with your lie it was shit from beginning to end.
>>
>>151501088
And it failed majestically. The band dramas were so fucking bad that people remember it solely for the shipping wars. Ships that will never happen

>>151501115
hibike S1 was awful as well
>>
>>151501181
>hibike S1 was awful as well
still the lesser of 2 evils.
>>
>>151501181
I agree the drama was bad, but at least it was nowhere near as obnoxious as shitgatsu.
Also can you stop avatarfagging?
>>
both suck but hibike (first season) was shorter so it wins by default.
>>
>>151501307
>nowhere near as obnoxious as shitgatsu
heh
Shigatsu featured a guy who went from mom issues to a jober, and back to the pedestal
Hibike on the other forgot everything that happened after their arcs ended. No to mention the confessions that were never taken seriously
>>
>>151500704
Since fall 2014, you dumb nigger. And no one's shitposting, it's just a really bad anime.

>>151500762
>>151501379
>>151501181
>>151501057
Read the rules, retard.
>>
In the end, Hibike will be known for its pointless yuri-baiting nothing more.
>>
>>151500407
>Mediocre music
what?
>>
>>151500762
Because fags like you think a story has to kill a character and tell them how to feel about the music is the reason this shit thread exists
>>
>>151500999
What is bisexuality
>>
>>151496014
I like both . The only problem that i have with Hibike is that it is trying to show how beautiful it is
I get it you are beautiful.stop shoving your beauty in to my face
>>
>>151500762
>>151501379
Are you judging a series by how much progression it has, or what? Being episodic/having less plot is better than having a bad plot.
>>
>>151501445
oh come on. those drawn out piano scenes had the most forgettable music you'll ever here.
>>
>>151501512
Nay!
The point is that we are comparing a bad show that knows where to go and another that is god only for the ships that wil never hapen
If Hibike was not made by Kyoani, we would never heard about it in the first place

>>151501530
Don't pul me that. Reina is a slut who changes partner anytime she wanted to. And everyone is fine with it lol
>>
>>151501581
>i like both
shit taste. both are shit. drink bleach.
>>
>>151501592
Chopin is forgettable now?
>>
>best girl dies
>still wins
/a/ will never recover from a dead winner against their bland childhood friend choice.
>>
>>151501588
Except Hibike is shorter with an even worse of a "plot"
>>
>>151501612
>The point is that we are comparing a bad show that knows where to go and another that is god only for the ships that wil never hapen
>we are comparing a bad show.... and another that is [good]

>but somehow the bad show is better
Good logic.

>lol
Jesus Christ, just fuck off already, newfag cancer.
>>
>>151501635
>implying the piano girl or blond loli didn't win the Kouseib owl in the end
>>
>>151496014
>Your Lie in April
lol
>>
>>151501635
First off, I'm pretty sure soccer is going to win in the future. Second off, they were both bland as fuck, just like basically every character in that show. Emi, Goku, and Goku's imouto were the best, but if they had more screentime I'm sure they'd have turned out to be boring as fuck too.
>>
>>151496014
>Why does /a/ hate Your Lie in April but praise garbage like Hibike?

When Shigatsu ended, people continued to discuss it, for better or for worse
Meanwhile: Hibike threads returned to life only after S2 was announced and aired. And its thread are alive only because of the shitpostings. We are going to forget about it within 1 and a half weeks
>>
>>151496014
gonna watch only one
Wich one has the better music?
>>
>>151501662
>>151501707
There is no need to still be butthurt over it friends. Let it go.
>>
>>151501905
By "continued to discuss" you mean continued to baitpost and complaining about how shit it was and also faggots who discovered it by being on top of mal charts.
>>
>>151502307
Pretty much.
It was a normalfag show that was never ambitious but, surprisingly, /a/ feels the need to shitpost about it
You don't see that on Hibike
>>
Shigatsu had a more engaging story but it was poorly executed. So much of it felt repetitive.

Hibike is your usual SoL drama but it's far better executed. It takes such small dramas and makes so much more out of it with the stellar VA work and direction.

I enjoyed both.
>>
>>151502514
This

/thread
>>
File: 1439967831570.jpg (121KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439967831570.jpg
121KB, 720x720px
>>151501635
Nah faggot, she lost, she ded.
>>
>CGI
>>
File: 1478329433218.png (142KB, 1160x884px) Image search: [Google]
1478329433218.png
142KB, 1160x884px
>comparing KyoAni works to anything else
Quite a pointless comparison, really. KyoAni visuals blow every other competing show out of the water. That alone gives it a premium. And it's not like the other elements fail hard, either. In Hibike's case, the dialogue, story, and execution of scenes are more or less on par with any other good drama anime. If we were to give each of these elements an alphabet grade, the visuals would be S+ and everything else a B. The average grade would be an A. In the end, you're complaining about why people would like a grade A anime. And you're also complaining that people like KyoAni works for their stellar visuals - which is absolutely okay and not a sin. So, the next time you make a post bashing KyoAni, just ask yourself, "Why the fuck am I doing this? Don't I wish my favorite show ahd eye-orgasm inducing visuals, as well? Maybe I'm just a fat, autistic piece of shit who's literally mad that people like something I don't like."

Lastly, I'm not sure what sort of mental illness one needs to have to argue that Shigatsu had better visuals than Hibike. Maybe you have an unhealthy, obsessive attraction to nigger lips. Maybe (though very unlikely considering how new you are) you had a big nostalgia for Honey and Clover or Nodame. But that doesn't mean the visuals were of higher quality.
>>
>>151502973
https://sakugabooru.com/post?tags=shigatsu_wa_kimi_no_uso+animated+ Sure thing, pleb.
>>
>>151502514
Shigatsu was repetitive because it was just a guy moping over a girl not liking him and beating the viewer over the head with "muh mum". And the funniest part is that all those flaws stem from it trying to be pretentious.
>>
>>151503003
https://sakugabooru.com/post?tags=hibike%21_euphonium+
Your point?
>>
>>151502973
>KyoAni visuals blow every other competing show out of the water
3hz FlipFlap vs KyoAnus Phantom World.

Checkmate.
>>
>>151496014
When Hibikek has characters spend 10 episodes learning a piece it actually lets you hear it at the end.

When Shitgatsu has Kouhei practice for a recital the first half is just him shitting the bed on stage and the rest is the peanut gallery chiming in on his recovery.
>>
I had to stop watching Shigatsu because of how obnoxiously it treated music, there are a few scenes early on that show very young children playing child instruments and it's extremely clear they were recording professionals instead of making them sound like little kids,

During the blonde girl's first performance the scene is wonderfully animated but the dialog to go with it is retarded. Everyone keeps talking about how unconventional/unorthodox her interpretation of the music is, but the actual music is COMPLETELY standard. They comment on how the pianist is barely keeping up when it sounds just fine. Neither the music nor direction alone speak for the scene, it also has to be filled with shounen battle dialog over what's happening.

By contrast Hibike did almost all of this properly.
>>
>>151503227
i don't believe you. proofs? also proofs because I have not yet seen Flipping Lesbian Flappers, and I dropped Phantom World at episode 1. And I dare say, even though most KyoAni fans themselves regard Phantom World as one of their worst works, I'm actually pretty confident that either:
1. There will be as many or more instances of high movement in Phantom World than Flip.
2. The animation quality is overall more consistent in Phantom World than Flip.

Because that's how it's always been since the days of Haruhi.
>>
>>151503423
Yeah, except music was not even the point of both shows.
It was all about plot and characterization. Something that Hibike nonchalantly shot itself by stiching one relationship after another then forced an open interpretation just to avoid further collapse

Shigatsu does not give a fuck and delivered what everyone expects, even if they do not want it

Love Live is so much better than Hibike and it was nothing more than a milkiing machine
>>
>>151503572
>I don't care about anything as long they sail my ship
Fucking shipfags ruining every single fanbase ever made.
>>
>>151503672
Do not lie
It was the only thing valuable in the show. And it failed at it
Peole are buying it simply because it was made by Kyoani
>>
File: 1478512879460.jpg (104KB, 610x799px) Image search: [Google]
1478512879460.jpg
104KB, 610x799px
>>151503572
>except music was not even the point of both shows.
Music isn't the point of Hibike? Well, I'll be damned if you can name me a show where music is the whole point. A show where characters mainly engage in composing music and have gigantic instrumental showdowns. Although no such show exists, I'm pretty show a show exists, like Hibike, where music plays a very important role. The whole story is about how the characters find the motivation to go to ZENKOKU - a music concert/tournament. Every character takes music seriously. Passion for music is the driving force of the plot and the ultimate motivation for the will of the characters. So, to be expected, there were many scenes of the characters playing and performing music. Quite a lot of them. And since Hibike had 2 cours and thus more episodes, Hibike had even more scenes of characters playing music. Saying that this was done in a proper and realistic way is not meaningless - it's a proper positive attribute of the show.

And secondly. the only relationship that is in "open interpretation" is Kumiko and Reina. You've been memed into thinking there's yuri subtext. You probably think that Kumiko and Shuichi also have an ambiguous relationship. Except the anime makes it pretty clear that (in the context of the anime only) Shu has a one-sided crush for Kumiko. You've been memed too hard. Learn to discern shitposting.
>>
I hate that the Manga isn't fully translated
>>
I like Shigatsu tho
>>
>>151503996
Well there was classicaloid where not-classical composers fight using their own arrangements, but the show was so fucking bad I don't know if there was anyone on earth who could enjoy it.
>>
>>151496014
Hibike has lesbians (Or at least /a/ likes to believe so), which allows /a/ to indulge in its inner cuckold fetish.
>>
File: 1426589307330.png (315KB, 664x602px) Image search: [Google]
1426589307330.png
315KB, 664x602px
>>151503996
I was just saying that it is pointless to criticize a show because of its music when it was not even the entire point. Seriously, the fag was saying that Shigatsu was awful because of its nonsense about kids who can play like pros but praises Hibike which is technically just a bunch of kids in highschool clothing playing like pros

And secondly, Kumiko and Reina ARE the only relationship that everyone cares about.
>>
>>151504071
it is you just got to download the chapters from egs or mangatrader
>>
>>151504194
I never said Shigatsu was awful, I said that I couldn't watch it because its presentation of music was terrible, a completely personal thing. Hibike's kids do NOT play like professionals, as professionals were not hired to play for them.

If all you cared about in Hibike was shipper shit, like every other faggot on /a/, reddit and tumblr, then that's your thing. Others got more out of it. If this is all you got out of the show it also shows how bad you are at interpreting and understanding fiction, which is why you tell me that Eupho wasn't about music when it primarily was.
>>
I fucking loved Shigatsu, I don't care what /a/ thinks.
>>
File: Goose house.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Goose house.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
Time to post some Goose House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnXkhkEvNIM
>>
>>151504592
Love their music in Silver Spoon too.
>>
>>151504626
I love this song as well, but I had no idea it was an ending song as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONNFHTOueXo
>>
>>151504194
>Kumiko and Reina ARE the only relationship that everyone cares about.
Which is wierd because nothing in the show proves either of them are dykes. It seems the "everyone" you mentioned are really just dysfunctional shitposting memelords. Not that there's anything wrong with occasional funposting. Their words don't count, however. It also goes to show that Hibike was really more about music and Shigatsu more about the internal workings of its characters.
>>
>>151496014
Because it's not gay. /a/ loves gay shit like Yuri on ICE, Hibike, Yuru Yuri, Meduca Meguka and so on.
>>
>Hibike has better music that YLIA
At least Your Lie In April actually had music through the whole production. Season 2 of Hibike was absolute garbage.
>>
>>151505247
You can't even hear the music in shitgatsu over the shitlord talking and crying.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTWcU0bC0aY

Kaori is cute. CUTE!
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.