[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With every season that passes anime seems to get worse. Why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 7

File: why.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
With every season that passes anime seems to get worse. Why is anime getting worse?

Just look up [current years] anime list. It´s a list full of shit.
>>
>>151485493
Great thread, 10/10.
>>
>>151485493
Idk i liked jojo, drifters, and mob psycho.

Anon do you have any other hobbies?
>>
Make your own anime then
>>
Because everything is a derivative work of a derivative work, or a rehash. It's not just anime, movies too. They're just better at hiding it.
This is the result of introverts trying to make something new. A million "reincarnated into an MMO"-style garbage series because the author has never fucking read LoTR, or the Wheel of Time series. Hell he probably hasn't even watched Lodoss.
>>
>OPs show images totally awesome 80s/90s series
>get intrigued by the designs and watch it
>they animate like shit and only look good as still images
>"b-but muh classic designs"

anime is shit period, I'm sticking to manga
>>
>>151485973

LOGH is not about animation, but the story, characters, relationships and so on. It´s superb on that aspects.
>>
>>151486059
I could get the same characters by reading the books,can't I?
>>
>>151485973
Manga is even more still images tho
>>
>>151486059
superb by anime standards maybe. Around a 7/10 by lit standards
>>
>>151486059
To be fair LoGH does look better than most 80s series when they are moving anyway.
>>
>>151485921
>A million "reincarnated into an MMO"-style garbage series because the author has never fucking read LoTR, or the Wheel of Time series
You say this as though LoTR hasn't been ripped off and rehashed to death a million times itself. Hell, early WoT is 100% derivative.
>>
Whenever sakugatwitterdorks visit /a/, they always split up in KyoAni-fags and LotGH-fags.
>>
>>151486328
WoT has huge differences in execution and character dynamic, but yes it's derivative of LoTR.
However that's still just a first grade derivative, the kind I am talking of is several times over that.
Instead of copying LoTR they copy a game based on book that was inspired by another book series that copied LoTR. This is how bad it has become.
>>
>>151486126
yeah but then I won't have the expectation of it being animated even then some are better animated than most 80s/90s anime
>>
>>151485493
You are getting older.
>>
>>151485493
With every season you forget more and more shitty anime. A decade later people will say this season was full of good anime and hate on their current shows. The average quality of 80's anime and 90's anime and 10's anime are the same.
>>
>>151485493
I think it goes up and down, 2014 and 2015 were pretty good, so 2016 was predictability bad and it certainly was bad.

May be 2017 will be better, or worse, who knows.
>>
>>151485493
>dude high school politics is deep man
>>
>>151485493
>>>/mal/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>151486110
Yes, but the anime is also well directed and has a great soundtrack so it's not really a waste. Plus, there are many people who don't have the attention span to read a book.
>>
Wheel of Time
Getting laid and smiting evil with the power of evil.

Lord of the Rings
Across the globe with two gay hobbits. Also something about a war too I guess.

Know the difference
>>
Who cares nobody ever watches anime because its "good" but because it has sexy anime girls
>>
>>151486448
That's how storytelling evolves dimwit. If everybody was copying the same work for ages and not also new stuff that's being made we would still be having shitty Odyssey wannabes.
>>
Any industry sees over saturation after its been around a while and seen as much success as anime has

Quality over quantity. More shows are made each season than ever before thus less and less of it is creative or original. The quality is subjective but once anyone can make x, x turns to shit. Its the reason music sucks now. Any loser with a laptop can make music and surprise most of it is shit
>>
>>151486448
>WoT has huge differences in execution and character dynamic, but yes it's derivative of LoTR.
That's why I said early - it develops beyond that since it's so long and grew as it was told, but the Eye of the World is pretty stereotypical stuff.

Anyway, the grade of derivation is pretty irrelevant, I think. Everything is inspired by something that was inspired by something that was inspired by something, etc. For example, a really cheap first-grade LotR derivative like Shannara is worse than a mildly-creative nth-degree derivation (by way of RPGs) like Helck.
>>
File: 0245__48369097_8.png (3MB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0245__48369097_8.png
3MB, 849x1200px
It's not worse it's only getting better. For example stuff like Boku , Nanatsu , and Kuroko are refined and superior versions of their predecessors.

You've probably just gotten old. Might be time to give up on anime, ojisan.
>>
>>151486182
>/lit/
>standards
I sincerely hope you mean actual literature standards.
>>
>>151486900
This
If you are in this for any other reason that to fap you are doing it wrong
>>
>>151486933
>>151486978
My problem isn't the fact that it's a derivative, it's the fact that these days we are completely and utterly bereft of creativity.
New stuff isn't being made any more.
>>
>>151487105
I can't tell if you're talking about anime/manga, or fiction in general, but either way, I suspect you just don't experience enough. There's plenty of new stuff being made, and plenty of non-creative old stuff was made. Drop the wrong generation bullshit.
>>
>>151487105
Keijo is far more creative than the shit in OP's pic.
>>
>>151487194
Not in terms of new genres, or redefining literary works. And yes I do mean literature and pop culture in general. Anime and manga are less guilty of that sin however.
>>
Been watching anime since the late 80s. The biggest majority of my favorite shows came out between 1998 and 2004. And there's plenty of good shows post 2010 as well.
>>
>>151487282
At being retarded
>>
>>151485581
>Idk

Fuck off
>>
>>151487773
suck my dick
>>
>>151485493
man, i really want to have love-hate relantionship like reunthal and her
>>
やらないか
>>
There was a lot of really shit anime back in the day. It just didn't get subbed, much less on a simulcast basis. I think the difference is that there is more anime available to you each season, as opposed to lower quality.
>>
>>151487752
Nah, there's genuine effort put in creating new and weird powers. LOGH is a copy paste if a history book.
>>
>>151485493
The media industry has evolved to the point where they can train their viewers to like anything they throw at them. And people have evolved (or degenerated) to the point where they are okay with it.
>>
>>151487972
this

and it happens actually in the whole entertainment industry: movies, cartoons, music etc.
>>
>>151487358
The anime sports genre is changing before our very eyes /a/non.
>>
File: 1474837024436.png (253KB, 470x352px) Image search: [Google]
1474837024436.png
253KB, 470x352px
>>151487972
>>151486590
This. No one remembers the mediocre shit from 30 years ago.
>>
>>151488052

>Anime was a mistake.
>>
>>151488134
No, it has always been faggotry. Look at Prince of Tennis.
>>
How do we make anime niche again?
>>
>>151485493
Because there aren't strict requirements for writing manga?
>>
>>151487972

This is a misconception that idiots love to parrot.

Ratio of good shows to garbage was like 1:4 back in the best years of the 90s
Ratio of good to garbage is like 1:25 or worse these days. Probably worse, I'm being generous.

Simply put, cel anime had higher production costs and talented needed, thus getting putting out a quality product was much more important to get returns. Now, everything is very cheap and producers can afford to throw garbage out at a loss as they gamble for one big hit. You can see this demonstrated by looking at the really bad anime back then, and it's bad for the same reason modern shows are : it's the short OVAs with no production value that are just fishing for a hit with a few episodes like Dragon Fist, Condition Green, or Seikima II

This is what "anime was better back then" means.
>>
>>151487702
Like what? And for what reasons?
>>
Because main audience is stupid and our taste is too good for the shit they are producing now
/thread
>>
There's only so many ways you can portray 'high school kids in school BUT...' before it gets stale
>>
>>151487927
djt pls go
>>
>>151489185
This is a good point as well.
>>
>>151487927
>やらないか
なにそれ
フェッグじゃない
how was my proffesional nihonjin?
>>
File: 1481894704343.png (555KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
1481894704343.png
555KB, 560x577px
There's only so many ways you can portray 'high school kid in a jrpg BUT...' before it gets stale.
>>
>>151489086
>Ratio of good shows to garbage was like 1:4 back in the best years of the 90s
>Ratio of good to garbage is like 1:25 or worse these days. Probably worse, I'm being generous.
Source: your ass?
>>
>>151489086
>>Ratio of good shows to garbage was like 1:4 back in the best years of the 90s
>Ratio of good to garbage is like 1:25 or worse these days. Probably worse, I'm being generous.
That's some good data you got there. Where did you get if from? Your ass?

>You can see this demonstrated by looking at the really bad anime back then, and it's bad for the same reason modern shows are : it's the short OVAs with no production value that are just fishing for a hit with a few episodes
Shut the fuck up anon, there were countless shit TV anime too just like today.

Your argument about lower production costs facilitating the release of more shit anime compared to older times is correct though.
>>
>>151489602
It's gone already. Gone to a dark place near Gensokyo. ;_;
>>
It's called growing up.
>>
>>151489895
You mean two places
one near Hell
one near Gensokyo
>>
>>151489937
That's not djt. It's just a piece of cancer that fell off during migration and gained a life of its own.
>>
>>151489860

I can say that I've seen a large amount of very obscure anime tv anime from those years, as well as going over the broadcast schedules for most seasons, and that was the rough conclusion I reached. Starting in 2006-2007 the amount of bad shows starts to skyrocket exponentially.

And I get the impression you probably haven't and are just making assumptions. Nobody is saying there is no bad TV anime, there was just much less of it as a percentage of the whole.
>>
>>151490069
Which one is the cancer; the one that makes /jp/ mad or the one on /int/?
>>
Good thing the loli ecchi fanservice shows are dieing out and not selling well anymore, maybe this will force companys to make or adapt an anime of actual substance.
>>
>>151490446
>have djt on /a/, theoretically justified
>it gradually starts being invaded by an increasingly normalfag population that doesn't even give a shit about manga and anime
>suddenly there's a split
>some people go to weeabooland some go to nation-thematic /b/
Take a guess.

The answer is they're all cancer.
>>
>>151489086
So there's one good show a season or less? Is that seriously what you're claiming?

>Simply put, cel anime had higher production costs and talented needed, thus getting putting out a quality product was much more important to get returns. Now, everything is very cheap and producers can afford to throw garbage out at a loss as they gamble for one big hit
This logic requires that you equate quality with popularity, which is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>151485493
I'm looking forward to the time when future nostalgiafags say "Remember good ol' mid-teens? When we had good shows, like JoJo and One-Punch Man and even the conedy stuff was nice, like YuruYuri or K-on. Unlike today, when we don't have any manly anime ever and all the comedies are only about nothing and there are pervy shows everywhere."
>>
>>151491892
You'll be too busy hunting beavers or mutant rats to care.
>>
>>151485493
>complains about bad anime
>uses Blue Flames aka one of the worst OVAs ever made as your opening pic

Congrats OP you destroyed the irony meter
>>
>>151492007
Uhh
>>
>>151486978
>>151486328
And then there's the fact that most don't even bother with ripping LotR, but rather just their latest DnD campaign.
LotR has barely stylish influences, it made fantasy popular and spread terms "Orc", but DnD is what "uninspired fantasy world" looks like - an Orc not commonly understood as a pale, weak and corpselike creature with apish features after all, rather as a huge, strong boarman and DnD was inspired by Moorcock, Conan and Vance, with LotR only contributing some ideas.
This RPG-origin arguably helps to make standard-fantasy even more standardized.
>>
>>151485493
>Only watch childoish normalfag anime like Dragonball & Jojos
>Hurr why isn't anime like [Cherrypicked Classics from 1970-1999] anymore?
>>
>>151491426
>This logic requires that you equate quality with popularity, which is dumb as fuck.
Not him, but on the contrary. Now a days it's much cheaper to shit out a product with no real artistic or creative input and still turn a decent profit cause the sick otaku market is starving for the same shit every season. Thanks to modern advertising and communication technologies, and a bigger market too, you can achieve higher degrees of popularity while still being cheaper (because of technology and cheap labor) and less rewarding or lasting.
>>
there were 3 8/10 or better shows this year, the only thing bad here is your taste
>>
>>151492542
I would add to this that the last 2 seasons have been absolutely fucking dreadful
>>
File: 1988 LoGH versus 2017 Reboot.jpg (653KB, 1500x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1988 LoGH versus 2017 Reboot.jpg
653KB, 1500x3000px
>>151485493
Daily Reminder:

It's coming.
>>
>>151491426

I become less convinced every year that art for its own sake is a remotely worthwhile pursuit.

In short, what is popular is not necessarily good, but what is good must be popular.
>>
>>151494890
Your post is several degrees of idiotic. I hope for your own sake you're not much older than 20.
>>
>>151494890
> what is good must be popular
Okay, so you're a retard, good to know.
>>
>>151494987

You have the typical attitude of a cultlike follower of the corruption of art in the 20th century who knows not why he clings to his delusions, only that for some reason he must meet any break from his dogma with absolute vitriol and not a shred of reason
>>
>>151495307
Yep, you're pretty much exactly as idiotic as I had thought.
>>
>>151495307
>when you think you're smart because you know the big words
>>
>>151492059
uhh what? That is from Blue Flames, isn't it?
>>
>>151485493
Logh would be so much produced by Shaft, as its a talking heads show.

Or if was done by Kyoani, imagine if the generals were cute girls, would be 10/10.

They are pretty homo in the first place why not make it yuri
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (575KB, 971x693px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
575KB, 971x693px
It's all the same shit
>>
>>151492721

Something about the colors and faces makes the original look better there to me. Am I fucked?
>>
>>151485921
I like what you said about introverts making things now.

It seems like most people who write these shows never actually experience anything in their own lives and rely purely on cliches from other works to pass off a semblance of a story.
>>
>>151485921
Why are you trying to imply that LoTR is somehow less introverted than some isekai shit? You're completely off the mark. Your post reeks of arts degree.
>>
>>151485493
Because nips otakus are wrosing their taste
>>
File: 1994 chart.jpg (498KB, 1160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1994 chart.jpg
498KB, 1160x2160px
>>151485493
The fucking lacking of variety
I just wanted bring a medieval setting like Lodoss
Berserk 2016 was fucking mistake
>>
>>151485493
I agree, but I wish you wouldn't use LoGH pic. Logh fans get trashed and bullied for supposedly being too pretentious and critical.
>>
>>151486059
Logh looks good and has pretty fucking great animation, with some exceptions. Idk where this stupid "logh has bad animation/visual direction" meme started from. Character designs and expressions in particular are some of the best of any anime.
>>
>>151496293
Logh..
>>
>>151500098
>Idk where this stupid "logh has bad animation/visual direction" meme started from.
Because it's 90% talking heads. People can't discern that there can be well placed good animation and well placed cheap talking heads.
>>
>>151485921
>>151498041
I don't think this is necessarily a problem stemming for introversion. Sure, an introvert will have less exposure to different people and new experiences to inform their work, but the larger issue seems to be a broadly East Asian thing where they apparently see no problem in shamelessly ripping things off. If they're going to be lazy about their work, then they will often fall back on this. It's why so many anime are so derivative of each other. Add to that just a general conservatism - they want to make things that are proven to work with little risk - and everything ends up being the same.
>>
>>151501213
>a problem stemming for introversion
*stemming from
>>
>>151485493
Literally 0 bad anime came out this year.
>>
We should not respect the opinions of morons who only watched 80s anime
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.