[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this cheap Steins'Gate x Durararara crossover turned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

How did this cheap Steins'Gate x Durararara crossover turned out to be one of the best if not the best mystery show of this decade?
>>
But it was bad.
>>
It was pretty good.Though I'm confused on how he could teleport when big titties kissed him, teleportation? How would the mutual recognition helped him? Him thinking the exorcism wand thing wont influence his astral body?
>>
Having been aware previously of esoteric occultism & electromagnetic involving Telsa, this was quite an enjoyable watch.
>>
>>151482094
This was the second show we had this year involving Tesla shenanigans.
>>
It sucked tho
>>
Because the rest of them were even worse.
>>
>>151481242
>putting Occultic;Nine on the same level as Hyouka

I know they both pulled the same namedrop bullshit but come on man.

It's closer to Sakurako-san no Ashimoto. The cute girls are more important than the mystery.
>>
>>151481242
>cheap
How? It has the best production values this year.
>>
I really enjoyed it and didn't mind the fast pace for most of its run and instead found it rather refreshing. However, after the ending I must say it might have been better as a two cour show.
>>
File: bestboy.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bestboy.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>151482270
I agree.
Hell,even 13 or 15 episodes would've solved a lot of problems.
>>
>>151482209
>The cute girls are more important than the mystery
I don't think the girls being cute ever got in the way of the mystery or even took up an awful lot of the show's time so I have no idea why you would think so.
>>
For a show where the characters are constantly talking fast and having infodump after infodump the pacing of the show still somehow managed to be slow but then the ending felt rushed. Who the fuck directed this?
>>
What was manga girl all about? How did she disappear? Was she on a different frequency, allowing her to see the future? Who the hell was she? Why did esper girl pass out? What did she see?

Why did everyone forget about albino kid? Did he really never get prosecuted because he was a minor? Why was he even brought into the story? What was the point of making the kotoribakos?

The manager shit was way too abrupt - you just can't do that without a proper explanation. Mr. Braun did it right.

Also, the whole thing would have been better if the conspirators weren't shown. When you show them, they just look goofy and ruin the sense of mystery.
>>
>>151482601
My dad. He told you to read the VN.
>>
>>151482209
Hyouka isn't a mystery. The mysteries are there as a vehicle for the plot, but they're never the focus. Hyouka is far more an episodic coming-of-age story that happens to have mysteries on the side than a mystery story. There are no mysteries at all for like the last 10 episodes, ffs.

Whereas every scene in Occultic;Nine is devoted to the core mysteries of the show, through adding to them, hinting towards answers, having characters discuss them, etc. Also,
>someone who thinks Hyouka is the best show of the decade complaining about cute female characters taking precedence
Are you high?
>>
>>151482672
>The manager shit was way too abrupt
Everyone saw that one coming though.
>>
>>151481242
So what are we? Some kind of ChäoS;Child?
>>
>>151482672
>manga girl
I think manga girl had the same ability as the brocon girl, so she can return whenever
>albino
Probably more in LN or VN
>manager shit
I dont know man, I was pretty excited to see him going around blasting astral bodies and living human and getting wrecked inside the shop,granted I dont go into the threads weekly.
>conspirators shown
They are mostly not important to me,didnt ruin the series at all.
>>
>>151482826
You need to reach the Steins;Gate,Okabe!
>>
>>151482865
>brocon girl
I mean brocon girl "devil".
>>
>>151482780
>>151481242
Not that guy, but it still doesn't make o;9 good. It was fucking weird that the visuals were so great but otherwise its was rather average overall.

The bad guys are basically nonexistent and literally act like they are in a comedy show. Almost everything just happens because its time to move the story along.
>>
>>151482882
*play
>>
>>151482926
>Almost everything just happens because its time to move the story along.
Yeah, every single story ever has to focus completely on its characters and their emotions and make them the centre of its narrative at all times. Screw things that want to have a plot!

This whole "Only character focused stories are good and should exist." narrative needs to die.
>>
>>151482926
>Almost everything just happens because its time to move the story along.
What do you mean by that? Same could be said about anything that happens in any story.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 800x600px
So according to Sarai's explanation in the last episode, the world they existed in can be considered "the spirit realm" whereas going back to being alive would be considered going back to the "world of the living". This indicated that the 2 are at the very least, separate but similar realities that have a relationship together. This would explain why the 2 worlds' events are so different yet one can affects the others. (This is probably call the multiple layers of reality)
The problem here is the show has yet to clarified, to what extent can each world affect the other and under what condition?
Other than that, I think this might explain the sudden disappearance of Ririka very well. At 327% sync rate, an astral body will manifest itself in the world of living and its actions will affect said world, like in Gamon's case where he temporarily overcharged himself to 327% and punched Izumi, then the sync rate went back to 90% and he returned to the Spirit Realm, from an the point of view of a person in the World of Livings, it would be no different than seeing a person suddenly appears out of thin air then disappeared after a few seconds. That should explain how Ririka suddenly disappeared like that.
And in the last few threads have people asking question about why Gamon can't go back when he should be able to, since it hasn't been 9 full days yet. The answer is already in the episode, he needs the Odd Eyes to go back.
>>
>>151483749
>to what extent can each world affect the other and under what condition?
I believe the Odd Eyes is the condition for it to affect it and to what extent it must be the same as humanly possible because Gamotan pulled some superhuman shit thanks to her overcharge.
>>
>>151483749
> since it hasn't been 9 full days yet
>needs the Odd Eyes to go back.
He needs it to be 9 full days or the others and ryo-tas need to do it before the 9 days end?
The antenna is a scrap metal now and probably the gun too, can he still make it though?
>>
>>151481242
Not even nearly as good as subete ga f ni naru.
>>
>>151483861
I mean, from what we have observed from the show, if something disappeared from world of the livings like Ririka's body then the change will immediately reflected in the Spirit Realm. On the contrary, the Spirit Realm can't do shit to the world of the livings as the only time when Gamon did something that affected the world of the livings, he did it as an existence of that world, thanks to being synced to 327%.
The Odd Eyes is an absolute requirement, that's for sure since it's the only thing that is capable of controlling the sync rate. By to what extent and under what condition, I mean like how exactly the worlds tie together? Like from the night of that suicide incident the 2 worlds have been split apart because the astral bodies have done a lot of things that changed the Spirit Realm, which should've been identical to the world of livings before, now the 2 worlds aren't parallel anymore.
>>151484049
He can't. The Odd Eyes are scrap metal, we don't know what happened to the gun and we should assume that with the Odd Eyes gone, he shouldn't be able to sync to 90% anymore, thus he's essentially dead or wandering endlessly through space and time now. He's now like an audience watching a movie he can freely pause and play it at will but can't control its playback speed not which direction the movie is playing.
>>
>>151484553
>He can't
Fuck that kinda confirmed my guess too but maybe he can learn how to better his astral powers since the astral bodies and supernatural stuff happens even before Tesla findings. How about the others in the 256 list? Seems like they are still dead or did the 256 incident never happened? Man, I getting confused if this is a singular time loop thing or multiverse.
>>
>>151481242
I wouldn't call it the best, but it's definitely up there.

It basically took the good parts of both Durarara and S;G and mixed them together. A shame it was only 12 episodes, another cour would make it my AOTY for sure.
>>
>>151484553
Or maybe that's the point. The spirit realm has no power over the world of the livings. We all know that Kiryuu has broken into shops in the spirit realms first as exercises, then in the world of livings later, to stole shit for reasons to be explained in the VN. If the spirit realm is truly a realm of its own that has existed along side of the world of the livings as an identical but separate worlds, then those shops in that realm should've been reportedly been broken in and Kiryuu should've got himself caught plenty of time or something. But that didn't happen, thus we can assume that this realm is reliant on the world of living and any changed that has been made to it will be corrected sooner or later. Or maybe there is more than one spirit realm, to explain it in an event order would be easier for me:
>Kiryuu out for some shop lifting
>trial run in astral form
>entered a custom map: spirit realm-01
>proceed to wrecking shit and do stuffs
>trial run ended, return to body -> spirit realm ceased existing
Each time Kiryuu does a test run, a new spirit realm will be created based on the state of world he left and that realm, along with any change Kiryuu made to it, will cease to exist the moment he went back to his physical body.
Then the 256 incident.
>massive number of players entered the custom map: spirit realm-02
>250 player perished
>4 players exited the match
>3 players remained in the match
>player Gamon Yuta fucked up the server, from now on no more game can be created
This mean the spirit realm we saw in the show is only a world constructed from and maintained by world of the livings, said world also existed in only 9 days and once all astral bodies exited from that world, it ceased to exist. If in the future, the Odd Eyes are rebuilt then when another astral body enters the spirit realm again, that realm will be a different realm.
>>151484742
The others astral bodies are all dead thanks to the clean up by MMG.
>>
>>151484954
>The others astral bodies are all dead thanks to the clean up by MMG.
Well shit, the cleanup done? I probably missed it during the manager episode.
>>
>>151483175
>This whole "Only character focused stories are good and should exist." narrative needs to die.
Yes, with need more good stories with mindless automatons acting them out.
>>
>>151485125
>implying O;N's characters don't have plenty personalities in them
Come on, we've been over this kind many times already. Try to think of a better criticism.
>>
>>151485197
Maybe if you think what Ryu-tas has is a personality and not a mental disorder.
>>
>>151485125
Not focusing on the characters all the time is not the same thing as not having characters. This exactly what I'm talking about. Character focused stories aren't the only type of story that can be made, but any time someone tries to make anything else, it gets shat on for not being character-focused.
>>
>>151485269
Might you remind me which Ryo-tas are you talking about now?
>>
>>151481955
Aveline sacrificed herself, basically causing Aveline to be exorcised instead of Gamon
>>
The perfect Insider was better, it's cinematography actually meant something instead of being an autistic meme like it is here.
>>
>>151485441
The exorcism can be transferred? The fuck, at least it is another answer into the collection bin.
>>
>>151485590
No she kisses him to transfer her power to him.
>>
>>151485734
Aveline doesn't have any special power. It's Gamotan that's special.
>>
>>151485472
>actually meant something instead of being an autistic meme
Excuse me but what does its cinematography means? And what exactly makes "a cinematography" into "an autistic meme"?
>>151485590
No, it can't. That guy explained it wrong, Gamon was being "exorcised" but Aveline turned her astral body into an electric current and powered up Gamon, much like the process of her turning into an electric current as a replacement of the key. As for the teleportation, fast traveling is an inherent ability of all astral body, it's a matter of whether the astral body itself recognize that potential. That's the explanation for how Kiryuu and Gamon were able to fly.
>>
>>151481242
God this turned out so bad, no idea why you people like it. There was literally no struggle, it was just "Gamon you are speshul you can use the gun to save us, also believe and you can do literally anything!" deus ex machina bullshit. Filled with plot holes (who the fuck was his dad anyways? what was the emperor's end-game? where's the albino kid? what was the fucking point of the occult loli? ) not to mention
>Truly we are... Occultic;Nine™
This shit has to be satire. I guess it's going to come down to "lol read the VN/LN fag"

I think I need to replay Steins;Gate to cleanse my palate
>>
>>151485767
I'm implying o;9 uses random as fuck camera angles for no real reason while the perfect insider does so with the intention of setting up it's mystery and foreshadowing.
>>
garbage show, with garbage pacing with garbage framing with garbage writing with garbage 12 episode format with great animation and possibly a good story ruined by some asshole that thought "yes, we can cram 53 episodes of content into 12 episodes, no problem, sir boss sama"

i gave zero fucks about the characters, i gave zero fucks about the story and the anime gave zero fucks if it's even possible to keep up with the pacing. the ending was the worst shit ever
>>
>>151485767
Thanks anon.
>>
>>151481242

This show was dog shit and will be forgotten in 3 weeks.
>>
>>151485989
A few examples for you then:
The camera spinning in the segment where shota detective questioned the loli did the following things
>conveys to the audiences how annoying his questions and talks are to Aria
>detective was dancing around the issue yet at the same time inching closer to the core issue without neither the audiences or the loli noticing
>he was also inching closer to her without, again, neither the audiences or Aria notcing
That's one of many moment a lot complained about.
Another example, the contrast between ep 10, 11 and ep 12. Ep 10 featured a large number of shots flipped or tilted at extreme angle, indicated that the situation has reached its critical moment and the world the characters were living peacefully in before are no longer the same world (literally turned upside down), as they now recognized that they've been roped into a huge ass conspiracy. Gamon's emotional outburst in episode 11 explained this idea very well and also in that episode, the number of shots with extreme angles have been downed and less extreme. Episode 12 featured mostly shots with a normal and stable angle with no tilt, indicating everyone has came to term with what the situation and are ready for what's about to come.
>>
>>151486277
Even 2 cours would have been enough. With one you just don't care enough about the characters and it all just leaves you thinking why did they choose to do it like this? A fast paced feel is fine but it won't cover up dumb production choices
>>
>>151486483
Forgot to mention that in episode 11, Gamon has calmed down a bit thanks to Ryo-tas. That's why the angles are less extreme with a lot more normal looking shots. Really, the key to figuring out is keeping track of Gamon's mental status as it's a crucial point that affected the tilted rate of most frames.
>>
>>151486657
Because this is less of a show about characters but mainly about events and mysteries, that's why they opted for the plot in favor of the characters (though they still give them attention when it's possible or when it's a must).
>>
>>151486657
As for why it's only one cour instead of 2, 2 cours cost a lot of money with low chance of high return considering how this is an original project with a premise that isn't guaranteed to sell (and judging by the sells of the first volume, they were right in not making the show longer than it is). Instead of making 2 cours, 1 cour telling the main story and ended with a normal end to encourage audiences to buy the VN is a much safer choice, as VN format can do story like O;N better, cheaper to make and it guaranteed sells, whereas the anime is a free product that you don't have to pay to watch.
>>
>>151482209
>Sakurako-san
Don't even dare. That was garbage, as bad as the concurrently running Subete ga F ni naru.
>>
>>151487074
>That was garbage
Just like Occultic;Nine.
>>
Come on guys, you aren't getting any (you) with shitposting at this level.
>>
>>151485400
He didn't watch it/dropped it so he won't get your post
>>
>>151488786
Seems so, I deliberately asked him that question to see if he knew what he was talking about and avoiding myself a long answer about Ryo-tas.
>>
>>151481242
because mixing a masterpiece like SG with some unintelligible rushed crap like durarara gives you a shitty result in the beggining
>>
>>151481242
it hasn't, its a rushed info dumping mess.
>>
>>151481242
>cheap
Its production value is top-notch though.
>>
>>151481242
VN will be easily beter than S;G
mark my words
>>
>>151491815
The anime was already better than the S;G anime.
>>
>>151493265
Nah, not really. There are aspects of O;N that surpassed S;G but overall S;G is still more well rounded than O;N.
>>
>>151493711
>12ep vs 24ep
geez i wonder why
that is why VN will be the better experience , just like C;C is the better Sci;adv VN
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.