[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it with manga/anime where the disgusting NEET failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 83

File: kimg005.jpg (169KB, 703x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kimg005.jpg
169KB, 703x1024px
What is it with manga/anime where the disgusting NEET failure character is "reincarnated" or "went to sleep and woke up" as a super genius/powerful/godly younger character in a new/magical place?

It's so blatantly a self-insert. It's pathetic. It has the same SHIT "story" over and over. RPG-like elements in a magical world where things always go the main character's way. Females throw themselves towards him, etc etc. Pathetic.

Example (just to name a few): ReLife, Re:Monster, World Customize Creator, Mushoku tensei - isekai ittara honki dasu, Tensei shitara slime datta ken, Death march kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
>>
>>151471438
Why are you MAD?
>>
Its the average anime demographic left in japan, normies there swore off anime long ago, so anime evolved to cater to them
>>
Its a commentary on society and its inherent failings.
>>
Which one was the one with the rapist/murderer?
>>
Honestly the most pathetic one to me is the one with loli Himmler.

It's sociopathic and antisocial to an embarassing degree.
>>
>>151471438
Target audience escaping reality
This one of the oldest forms of literature you dumb pleb
>>
File: 1481474488587.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1481474488587.png
643KB, 1022x731px
Well OP now you figured out that anime/manga is escapism.
>>
File: 1480974577506.jpg (41KB, 336x476px) Image search: [Google]
1480974577506.jpg
41KB, 336x476px
>>151471438
>ReLife, Re:Monster
>>
>>151471887
Anything that requires the use of your imagination is.
>>
File: 1393147295123.jpg (44KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1393147295123.jpg
44KB, 251x231px
>>151471438

Literature that resonates with the audience's fantasies are the most likely to engage and entertain.

My ultimate fantasy is to get my current consciousness transported into my 5 year old self 25 years ago, so I can do everything over and make a greater mark on the world.

Any author that panders to that fantasy (Re:Life - for example) will get my time and money.
>>
>>151471438
>What is it with
> It's so blatantly a self-insert
So you know exactly what the answer is. What the fuck is the point of this thread? "There are things in existence that I don't like!"?
>>
>>151472014
Sup NEET?
>>
The Japanese fandom is like the English fandom in the sense that the majority of internet commentary about this trend is snarky and negative, but a significant number of people are hooked on these stories nevertheless.

The blogger Umetsubame claims that others look down on narou stories because they think that people should work hard in order to succeed. Yet in real life, lots of people try hard but fail to succeed, while others do nothing and succeed anyway. At this point, Nobuo Kawakami, the Representative Director of Dwango, chimes in to say: “In fact, the idea that if you try hard you will (definitely) succeed is more of a fantasy.”

If it’s taken as a given that people cheat their way to the top in society, then in order for a narou protagonist to succeed, he needs to be placed into a world where his own particular skills can be used as cheats. It’s no surprise, then, that the vast majority of isekai stories are based on JRPG-inspired worlds, particularly the pseudo-medieval settings of the Dragon Quest series and the early Final Fantasy games.

The underlying assumption (is) that only people who know how to cheat the system can succeed. Umetsubame explained this cynicism is a result of the current social climate. Japan is past its economic bubble, there is no job security for young people, and in order to get hired you need to bury your individuality. Instead of pathologising narou fans, he points to society’s arbitrary standards of success as the underlying problem. You can work and work and work, but still be laid off your job. Narou stories function not only as escapist fiction, but also as an affirmation of this particular worldview.

Kawakami points to the manga Ressentiment as a literary-style work that presents a harsh truth for otaku. Ironically, otaku don’t support it because “nobody wants to know the truth".

Src:
https://frogkun.com/2016/05/05/whats-the-appeal-of-those-stuck-in-another-world-fantasies-some-japanese-bloggers-explain/
>>
>>151472386

Thanks for that.
>>
>>151472386
Interesting conclusion, but the way you phrase it makes it seem more purposeful a trend than it actually is. It might resonate with many of the readers for some, or all of those reasons subconsciously, but I don't for a moment believe it was conceived of or perpetuated for that reason.

Furthermore I think that some of the conclusions are too backwards facing to be proper justifications for the trends. For instance the reliance on the JRPG setting seems to me to be more about how easy it is to use an already existent and modular setting, than to create and justify novelty.
>>
>>151471438
This I can't get into MT due to how creepy Rudi is.

That guy is one creepy mofo.
>>
Sounds like one of those safe space bullshit that liberals often are trapped in.
>>
>>151472386
A+ post nigga
>>
File: 57b.jpg (49KB, 770x529px) Image search: [Google]
57b.jpg
49KB, 770x529px
>New isekai
>Follows not the reincarnated guy, but the every day people of the starter town in a world where a bunch of losers from all over earth reincarnate frequently
>Slice of life/comedy
Would you read it /a/?
>>
File: MC and slave.jpg (120KB, 726x514px) Image search: [Google]
MC and slave.jpg
120KB, 726x514px
When you get reincarnated and shit, what would you do?
> Buy a slave
> Practice magic
> Build your harem
> Hone occupational skills
So on? Usually the formula for most isekai nowadays.
>>
And then there's this masterpiece
>>
>>151472850
He (mostly) grows out of his creepiness, as he comes the terms with the world he is in, and decides to be a part of it.
>>
>>151473174
This was just pure bullshit and just very very shallow. Nothing of value.
>>151473183
> Grows out of it.
No he fucking didn't, I've read the damn series and that creepy old man inside of him leaks out.
>>
>>151473159
If I died today I would probably try to find work, probably from some landowner, and become a serf. I have no skills applicable to any medieval setting, and I am also fat as fuck so working in the fields solves 2 problems
>>
File: 108_Celeste_Luvendass.jpg (128KB, 799x815px) Image search: [Google]
108_Celeste_Luvendass.jpg
128KB, 799x815px
>>151472386
I never thought of it like that before
Very impressive
>>
>>151473253
>Literally a deconstruction of the genre
>Shallow
>>
>>151473253
I said mostly. He never molested his sisters or daughters. He certainly thought about it however. If thinking about shit was a crime everyone on 4chan would be dead by sunrise
>>
File: lich_by_aazure_dragon-d4631v7.png (650KB, 888x800px) Image search: [Google]
lich_by_aazure_dragon-d4631v7.png
650KB, 888x800px
>>151473159
I'd just practice magic, I always wanted to be a wizard, fuck the rest of that shit I'll waste my time in a wizard tower or in a buried necropolis as a lich.
>>
>>151473294
Fuck off with the deconstruction crap. You have no idea what that fucking means.
>>151473299
I wouldn't fucking know that since really don't have any. So fuck with that notion.
>>
File: The wizard.jpg (868KB, 1050x761px) Image search: [Google]
The wizard.jpg
868KB, 1050x761px
>>151473313
Would you try to not be like this man and keep your wizardhood?
> Atelier Tanaka
> Tanaka the Wizard
> Tanaka
> Wizard
> Wizard
> Over 30
> Still a virgin
> Refuses to lose his virginity until a virgin sacrifice comes to him
> M-muh wizardhood!
Even has a manga.
>>
>>151473017
Grimgar?
>>
>>151473159
Probably try to build a shack and fail. Then work for a farmer/slave master because might as well be useful, then be released after 17 years to finally start my life as now the government has given me money and land. Buy a harem of slaves and be best slave master in the country. Alternatively, get back stabbed because slaves don't trust me. Die with regrets.
>>
>>151473254
But reincarnation, anon. You can start your life over again from zero in another world!
>>
File: 1365895201777.jpg (191KB, 1096x729px) Image search: [Google]
1365895201777.jpg
191KB, 1096x729px
>>151473379
Eh, unless my magic powers were actually at stake I could take it or leave it. Though after a while I'd probably end up with a a harem of succubutts, zombie girls, golems, qt elemental familiars, maybe even things like eldritch horrors from outside of time and space who are far the ken of normal men and other assorted magical haremfus.

I mean, when you are a wizard, there is no limit why so why limit yourself?
>>
>>151472797
I have to agree with this. If isekai was really all about social commentary it'd be far more self-aware. Most isekai stories are just blatant power fantasies and fanservice, they know their audience and play to their expectations and that's what makes them successful.

I would actually like to see an isekai do real social commentary, I think it's a genre that could handle it really well, similar to sci-fi in that regard, though I think most fans of isekai stories would be turned off from that.
>>
>>151472386
>Ironically, otaku don’t support it because “nobody wants to know the truth” (みんな真実は知りたくないんだなって。)
So otaku believe that if you work hard you succeed? Or at least that's what they want to believe?
I thought otaku were mostly NEET and therefore know the truth of the world.
>>
Down-on-luck character gets second chance/new life/gains literal powers to control their life stories aren't uniquely Japanese. And they usually end with lessons to be learned like "Appreciate what you have" or "The problem is you".

This is just junk food. Sometimes people just want to entertain something without being preached to. I don't care for it much but no need to whine about it with all the other stuff out there.
>>
>>151474145
It has to do with the ending of that manga which is working hard can end in nothing. So Otaku would rather believe that if you work hard, you'll always succeed. Although Japan in general believes that as long as you don't give up, you'll eventually make it because it's impossible not to.
>>
>>151474147
Can you give some examples?
>>
>>151474238
The masterpiece that is Click.
>>
>>151474328
>tfw was literally thinking the same thing
I was hoping there were other examples though.
>>
File: 1482711422502.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482711422502.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
Slime is actually decent you faggot. The problem iant self inserting but lack of world building and oversaturating the story with RPG mechanics.

Slime doesnt have those problems and why would you call it a self insert anyways? Do you want to insert yourself into shapeshifting loli? Perv

Tldr: kys,you dont really know why those serials are shit
>>
>>151474413
Slime is boring though because there's not enough power fantasy action
>>
File: 1481434095273.png (418KB, 639x456px) Image search: [Google]
1481434095273.png
418KB, 639x456px
>>151472386
>Ironically, otaku don’t support it because “nobody wants to know the truth".

apologize
>>
>>151473017
I wouldn't just read it, I'd write it.

>>151473438
The POV is still the foreigners, not the existing residents. Unless you're saying later volumes enter that view?
>>
>>151471438
>Re:Monster
Wasn't he already an alpha chad with a mary sue power before he became goblin?
Wasn't he killed in the first place, because he was a manwhore and one of his many GFs went yandere and killed him because he cheated so much or some shit?
>>
>>151472386
How can japan having a declining population and unemployment issues?
>>
>>151474515
>write it
I doubt you would anon, but cheers to you if you do.
>>
>>151474147
>usually end with lessons to be learned like "Appreciate what you have" or "The problem is you"

The problem is that most self-insert stories don't have this in the first place. In OP's examples, you could make the case that X's life becomes objectively better after being reincarnated or whatever. Those who consume this type of work would probably swap lives with Rudi, but not Adam Sandler
>>
>>151474541
And your point is?
>>
>>151473159
First, I look for something or someone to cling to, otherwise I'll probably commit suicide again, just like how this life will conclude. I refuse to let old age be my cause of death.
>>
>>151474560
It only becomes better because they chose to make it better. The problem was with themselves as we already know.
>>
>>151474542
>no money
>no kids
It's simple economics, anon.
>>
>>151474582
but he was talking about Otaku's and NEETs reincarnating and becoming the best in a different world but that guy was just a chad who went on to become a chad in a different world.
>>
>>151474557
I'm on the verge of posting the first chapter somewhere before the year ends, thanks to another anon reaching out to me after many months.

He's the same anon who posted the concept of The Storied Tenement in a writethread long ago.
>>
>>151471438

These things go in phases where countless series get made around the same theme

>"I accidentally go married to this girl"
>cyberpunk
>tsundere as main girl in harem at a dormitory
>School council/club president
>demon lord
>isekai

Makes you wonder what the next craze will be

I'm hoping for "giant girl" personally...
>>
>>151474630
But I mean if there's less people to take jobs, shouldn't there be more jobs for the taking?
>>
>>151474657
Jobs of a certain skill level that can only be given to newbies who can reach that level in time, which is unlikely to happen because the current workforce didn't retire enough to allow that training for the upcoming one.
>>
>>151472006
Would you really do that? I bet you never even worked hard on your current life so how would you know if you actually worked harder once you become a 5-year old again? And what's wrong with not putting a greater mark on the world? You're not obliged to do anything

This is why NEETs and this "reincarnation story" is awful. I wanted escapism but not this shit
>>
>>151474560
>The problem is that most self-insert stories don't have this in the first place.
Yeah, they're not designed to preach something.
>>
>>151474653
NTR was after isekai. People just want to forget it. Now it's get transferred into a scripted game world.
>>
>>151474657
If there are less people then there are less consumers. Less consumers means less revenue which means less jobs
>>
>>151472006
You and I have similar dreams. One of the stories I'm working on involves a fantasy system where people can look back at how they lived their life the first time around and then "try again".
>>
>>151474651
Huh, I'll check it out when you publish it then.
>>
Granted OP, just read daydream. Was a pile of shit. Muh strong character.

>>151471438
ReLife isn't even a fantasy world you little shit. SOL animus are the best.
>>
>>151474653
>cyberpunk

Hol up, when was this? I'm thinking of the late 90s-early 00s which had shit like GitS and Lain, but that's less cyberpunk and more "gritty weird shit"
>>
>>151474698
From being in many isekai threads, a lot of the people who don't like isekai typically prefer going back in time to fix things. They just can't self-insert into isekai it seems.
>>
>>151474653
>Cyberpunk
>Craze
Since when?
>>
>>151474795
>>151474778

80's
>>
>>151474699
That's obviously not true, they preach that if you actually work hard, you'll get all the babes and money, but also run into other sorts of problems that you didn't have before. Very true.
>>
File: 1418718568352.jpg (4KB, 146x147px) Image search: [Google]
1418718568352.jpg
4KB, 146x147px
>>151473017
>New isekai
>Follows not the reincarnated guy, but the defense force engaged in killing the losers who are frequently sent to their world
>Slice of life/black comedy
>>
>>151474783
I'm a different anon, but I don't hate isekai so much as characters who refuse to reflect on their past when the chance to fix it becomes possible for them. Making a difference in a new world AND finding a return ticket to their old one somehow means their original regrets can be addressed now that they've gained power.
>>
>>151474864
Sounds interesting, I like it. Brew up some more ideas.
>>
>>151474815
Except that they really don't. 90% of self-insert stories, especially isekai, just give the MC some kind of powers through some bullshit contrivance. There's no work required at all, the MC doesn't really develop his power, he just has it.
>>
>>151471438
Kuro no Maou is an older web novel than Mushoku Tensei and its MC was not a loser, but a Literature Club member
>>
>>151471438
It's a shit genre and underages spamming /a/ with them is turning this place to shit.

Just do it like me and filter all the Shield Hero / Re:Monster / Overlord threads and be happier.
>>
>>151474913
That's just the beginning, after that they still do work on their own behalf. It's not like they were idle and magically got everything. Unless you can provide enough examples the represent
90% of isekai.
>>
>>151473159
If I reincarnated, I am smart.

I stay lowkey as possible and learn what kind of society I am in, especially who are the nobles.

You could get executed for silly reasons in the Middle Ages after all.
>>
>>151474698

Having decades of knowledge/experience as 5-year-old means you have a fuckhuge advantage, tho, so you wouldn't have to work as hard to achieve success

Most isekai/reincarnation stories similarly give the MC some form of advantage so they don't need to work as hard, advantage being memories, experience, genetic potential, etc.
>>
>>151474961
You would probably get executed for being smart.
>>
>>151471845
That doesn't make the same shitty story "I was a loser who died and was transported to another world" generic layouts with horseshit like "Oh man looks like I have a menu?" "Oh man I gained [Death Magic LV4]" good. I honestly hope you're not trying to compare isekai of this vein to A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court or Russian time travel fiction
>>
>>151474970
Maybe if you were a woman because they would think you were a witch.
>>
>>151474967
>don't need to work as hard
Just proof that you don't know what it means to work hard. Have you ever tried at all?
>>
>>151474864
So how is that set up? Are the soldiers convinced that the losers are a hidden threat if given enough time regardless of their personalities, or are they a documented plague that deserves no sympathy and must be purged routinely?
>>
>>151474967
Knowledge decays. By the time you hit highschool you wont remember jack about it. You gotta start reading books again desu
>>
>>151474815
That's not a lesson to be learned. It's useless for the real world because it's not a video game; you're not guaranteed anything coming to you if you do this or that, let alone a harem.

It's already clear you'd have to put in work and not everything will be fun. You can see that playing a video game, you don't win the game doing nothing. But the fantasy is things working out better for you in fantasy land.
>>
>>151474981
It does make them good because an audience is buying them up. That's how it works. Going original is going risky because there is no audience.
>>
>>151474943
Oh fuck off.

>Shield Hero
Guy is THE CHOSEN ONE and get access to broken magic right at the beginning, only has to grind against slimes or whatever to unlock skills, literally the only reason things aren't going his way is because the other chosen one or whatever are retards and no one believed him cause reasons

>Overlord
Literally reincarnated as a dungeon boss

>Re:Monster
Some shit about absorbing the skill of whatever he eats

You're a retard and please stop trying to force your awful genre on /a/
>>
>>151474961
Its not like you could climb even if you tried
>>
>>151474943
My point was that the fact that they just luck into their abilities drastically undercuts the "hard work gets results" message. Konosuba does a good job of lampooning this, when Kazuma, who reincarnated to the world having nothing, meets Mitsurugi, who was given a magic sword and had and easy road the whole way through because of it.
>>
>>151474990
I dunno anon, when you think about it cheat mode otakus would be a pretty big threat if left unchecked.
>>
>>151475024
>implying it doesn't work every single time in isekai stories
>>
>>151474903
Ok...

Episode 1:
>MC is a NEET loser that gets killed by a truck
>he wakes up in a medieval world
>modern-day truck appears in front of him and kills him again, this time for real
>focus shifts to the truck-kun
>defense force has modern-day trucks at their service
>nobody really knows how they got the trucks (that's a mystery only revealed in the second season)

>>151474990
The reason they're killings these MCs is because they have cheat powers and always turn out to be freaks like >>151473174. There's stories of MCs who escaped the trucks and did some pretty nasty things to their world.
They know sometimes MC isn't evil, but they don't really care and kill them anyway.
>>
>>151475034
Maybe the soldiers have been a victim to one (or a number of) such otaku, just enough to convince them that the whole lot of them are evil.
>>
>>151473174
>When he killed that girl who just wanted him to love her

It's been a long time since-anything- made me that mad.

Not even NTR shit made me THAT mad
>>
>>151475065
Are trucks isekai protagonists kryptonite, or are they just really effective?
>>
>>151474990

Not him but maybe

>Isekai'd teenagers show up with OP weapons and magic
>They tend to be a general havoc with abusing their strength for petty reasons since it's easy to go on a powertrip
>No matter what they do they threaten the power balance of the region
>It's discovered that nearly all of them have no idea how to fight
>Discover them coming from a specific region
>Cordon it off and kill them off before they become a threat
>>
>>151475152
Both.
>>
>>151475065
>a multi-world network of soldiers equipped with Japanese trucks supplied by a mysterious benefactor who is utterly convinced that "isekai via Japanese truck" is tradition
>>
>>151475002

I'd just start studying college texts again as a 5 year old, m8. Learning something the second time around is easy if you have the core concepts down.

If you got the chance to redo life as a kid, don't you think you'd be more successful on the second try?
>>
File: 1475134839756.png (549KB, 893x841px) Image search: [Google]
1475134839756.png
549KB, 893x841px
>>151475041
Those are stories. In reality you dont possess the information/gear to do shit, for example advanced gunpowder weapons. You would need knowledge to create blackpowder and facilities to do it. Knowledge about advanced metalurgy and advanced tools for a gunsmith if you want anything more than singleshot weapons that are light. Smokeless powder is beyond your reach,period.

Also to make something expensive, you need connections which you dont have and never will have. Most of your time will be used on working the land and trying to survive.

Realistic Isekai sure would suck, who woulda thunk? People of old werent stupid, their society didnt have stored information and infrastructure in place for advanced stuff. Neither do you dum dum
>>
>>151474238
17 Again. Tbf it was a pretty good movie.
>>
>>151475029
Does it though? It may have helped them, but it only helped so far. They're still going to have to put in hard work if they want to go any higher. There's some misconception that hard work will lead to a dead end of mediocrity, but that's because that's the tipping point between hard work and when people pull out the labels such as "gift", "talent", "luck".
>>
File: 1482738743122.jpg (126KB, 594x296px) Image search: [Google]
1482738743122.jpg
126KB, 594x296px
>>151475194
Youre working then. That was the whole point
>>
File: e010.jpg (387KB, 864x805px) Image search: [Google]
e010.jpg
387KB, 864x805px
This is why Kumoko is best Isekai.

>Not a loser NEET man, but Japanese high school girl.
>Everyone else in class gets to play Dragon Quest, start off in towns, loving families, etc.
>Kumoko starts off playing Dark Souls, in the middle of a labyrinth where everything will fuck you up and all you can rely on to survive is quick reflexes.
>>
>>151475216
>Actually defending isekai

Please get a trip, fag. We both know you want it and I'd be more than happy if you did.
>>
>>151475226
>self-inserting into a spider
Yeah, no can do.
>>
>>151475226
Best shit in a pile of shit is still shit.

Kumoko's shit.
>>
>>151475166
>one day a soldier decides to use a truck to kill himself
>he gets transported to another world
>>
>>151475225

Well yeah, but it'd be 1/3rd of the work I'd normally have to do to get to that level. Hence these stories being less "you can succeed if you work hard" and more "you succeed with hard work, but also because you got this magic boon from nowhere"
>>
>>151475160
>Isekaijinhunters
>>
>>151475216
>There's some misconception that hard work will lead to a dead end of mediocrity, but that's because that's the tipping point between hard work and when people pull out the labels such as "gift", "talent", "luck".

That's just it though, in real life there is a point for everyone where additional hard work or knowledge won't help them, because they aren't in the correct position, or they don't have the necessary talent or inventiveness, or they don't have access to the necessary resources. Most people are never going to accomplish anything of note, or achieve their high aspirations or dreams, most people just settle in and become comfortable with their life, where or what ever it is, around the age of 35 or 40. Saying "Work hard and you get what you want" falls flat on it's face when faced with that reality, which is why the blogpost quoted here >>151472386 is so poignant. Isekai tacitly recognizes this idea and embraces it, which is why the MC's always get special abilities gifted to them out of nowhere, it's an almost cynical recognition that with out that, these people would probably accomplish nothing of importance.

Sure maybe they work hard to hone those abilities or have to learn how their new abilities work and the most efficient way to use them, but it's the abilities that enable them to accomplish things, not the work.
>>
File: 1408493543756.jpg (242KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
1408493543756.jpg
242KB, 600x526px
>>151474698

I worked pretty hard, until I fell into gaming. I figure if I went back before games I could condition myself to be more disciplined and never start gaming in the first place.

>>151474750

Interesting plot concept. You could do like a purgatory setting where people need to sit before a court and defend the actions they did in life. If they are found not guilty they can move onto the next world, if they are found guilty they need to go back to the start of their life with their memories and 'try again'.
>>
>>151475216
>They're still going to have to put in hard work if they want to go any higher.
No shit. Isekai protagonists are usually anime and video game otaku. They have been fed all the lines about working hard and everything coming to you through this media their whole lives. All ideals. The reality is that nothing is guaranteed. While isekai protagonist becomes powerful hero with a harem falling all these ideals, a man is fortunate if he can obtain a stable family life.
>>
>>151475345
>Isekaijin
I really like the sound of that as a name. It's brilliant.
>>
>>151475399
One of the tricks is that to be "found" not guilty, you have to be resolute in declaring yourself as such, unaware that there even is a way to try again.

Another is that if you do get to try again, you can decide when to retry, and your previous self will also reside in your new self; it's not a rewrite, but a reconciliation. One of the story's themes is self-actualization: the ability to acquire what you want by "yourself".
>>
>>151475421
Ideals isn't quite the word I would use, I prefer beliefs. Sure, nothing is guaranteed, but without hard work, you forgo any chance at all. At least with work, you know for sure there's always a chance of success. If there wasn't, then life would become a whole lot simpler to be honest. Fate isn't real though, the paths are infinite and you can truly do whatever you put your mind to as long as you never give up. It may not work out all the time, but you wouldn't have known that without trying. It would have just been throwing a stick into the wind.
>>
>>151474413
I was hoping for more like "human in slime's body daily life" instead of "super OP guy who just happens to look like a slime"
>>
>>151475421
>>151475517
MC's have to succeed for there to be a story. Stagnation and death don't write stories.
>>
>>151475389
I like that you took it in a different direction than I was expecting. Completely opposite of what my post meant, but I'll somewhat correct where I was going. Those words I used are just a relabel of the same thing, that is hard work. My point was that people become blind to the fact that you worked hard at all and will come to call it something otherworldly as if it negates that you put in a ton of time and effort into something. Those labels, "gift", "talent", "luck" only manifest after the fact, and never before. Hard work was the answer all along, but that's a much more difficult truth to swallow because well it's right in the name. "Hard" work. It's not easy and it never will be, however, it's what a person needs to do regardless of anything else.

I don't enjoy those labels as they seem to hide the other aspect that we as people have and that's individuality. This is what everything else truly stems from. Sure you may think that some people are very similar and that's possible. We live in similar conditions and will therefore breed similar ideas. But it's never exact and that's the uniqueness that we all carry. The individuality.
>>
>>151471438
Would you like it more if he woke up as a pathetic neet in fantasy world? Monsters see him as easy prey, cute elven princesses laugh at his naiveté, nobody gives a shit about him and he dies lonely and unloved far away from home.
>>
>>151475312
>a soldier starts feeling a sense of regret for sending isekaijin away via Japanese truck without even giving them a chance to make their case
>the others see this as him wanting to defect, so they dispose of him the only way a potential defector should be handled: hit him with a Japanese truck and make him an isekaijin, too
>>
>>151475620
The events play out too ironically that it would be a comedy.
>>
>>151475490

I like this, reminds me of death parade.
>>
>>151475544
I was hoping for awesome skill collecting while staying at a moderate power, but it was more political actions than so.
>>
>>151475700
Well, I was hoping for slime guy to use his slime abilities to do some craft shit.
Water-propelled slime rockets, anyone?
>>
>>151475517
Sure. But the fantasy is putting your stock into something you're sure will guarantee good returns. Or you're just gifted and your gifts lead to good things, because even if real life, being 'gifted' doesn't guarantee anything. Or just plain stuff you don't get to experience in real life. Working hard is not the answer to everything either, it's basic but more is required to reach the heights they wish to achieve. There are man hard working people and what do they lack?

Most people into these aren't even NEETs. Everyone dreams. They're just fantasy stories.
>>
>>151475345
>>151475425
異世界人=Isekaijin/isekaihito=Otherworlder/Otherworld person
>>
>>151475658
Comedy? Laughing at the painful misfortunes of others... That's sad.
>>
>>151475399
But without those games, you would have never figured out how it felt to play games and not learn your lesson.
>>
>>151475729
I bet he would have developed those naturally if he didn't have predator.
>>
>>151475735
If it already exists, then okay. I was more pleased at the negative connotation it would possess as an offshoot of gaijin if it didn't already exist.
>>
>>151474657
If the problem goes on at the level its going on for for like 45 years and all of the aging people with job security die, then yes. But that's probably not going to happen, and rather there will be a three generation system of "aging UMC, poor middle aged, and almost non-existent youth"
>>
>>151475838
Nah i just made it up, isekai was already a thing, you just need to add the -jin suffix which is also the kanji for person.
>>
File: 1482507420461.png (222KB, 983x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1482507420461.png
222KB, 983x1500px
Any isekai about fantasy characters that got trapped in our era? Don't have to be failures, it could be fun to watch them trying to resist the pleasures of our corrupted modern world.
>>
>>151475601
>Those words I used are just a relabel of the same thing, that is hard work.
That's where I have a serious disagreement with you, because I think that that is fundamentally false, and the reason why is in your post.

Yes people are unique, but that is exactly why hard work is not all it takes to achieve success, and why success is so rare for most. No two people are the same and no two people are equal, everyone has different levels of physical and mental abilities, as well as a variety of circumstances outside of their control, because of this you have situations where two people can place an equal amount of work into the same thing and achieve different results. One person might not have the resources to take of advantage of an opportunity when it presents, another might not even have the faculties to recognize that opportunity at all.

Talent is real, some people simply have superior capabilities in some areas to others, and while I believe that all people have some talent,all talent is not equal. There are always going to be those who are just better equipped to succeed than others, and some who just have the fortune of being in the right place at the right time for things to play out for them.

So to me telling people to "Just work hard and things will work out" is completely disingenuous, bordering on immoral. People would be much happier figuring out what their limitations are and working within those, than frustrating themselves chasing impossible dreams.
>>
>>151475885
Hataraku Maou-sama!
>>
>>151474657
Jobs are not a static resource as people tend to believe they are. It's called the Lump of labour fallacy.
>>
>>151475960
>Satan begins working at MgRonald's restaurant determined to climb the corporate ladder.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks anon.
>>
>>151475960
>>151476118
>Season 2 never
;_;
>>
>>151474657
If there's less people employed then there's less people able to spend money which causes businesses to not need or want as many employees which means there's less jobs.
>>
File: resent1.jpg (708KB, 1170x1110px) Image search: [Google]
resent1.jpg
708KB, 1170x1110px
>main character starts as a fat, repulsive loser
>ends as a fat, repulsive loser
>>
>>151475601
>Those words I used are just a relabel of the same thing, that is hard work.
No, some people really are more "gifted" than others. People are not equal. Doesn't mean one can simply coast on "gifts" but they help a lot and it's a matter of honing/using them, which is work.

Sports clearly displays this. Michael Phelps has a physique suited for swimming. It's "unfair" but we can't take that away from him. It's part of who he is. He still worked hard and earned that gold. And there are things he won't succeed at because of factors not in his favor.

Just telling people to "really" work hard is pretty condescending. There are millions of people working harder than anyone in this thread and the universe hasn't simply rewarded them for their efforts. Because the reality is more complex than that.
>>
>>151476143
Additionally, automation is both forcing people into deeper and deeper specialization and cheapening the cost of labor.

The logistics of our economy got us fucked. In a perfect world, everyone could have been a NEET.

Long but nteresting video on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
>>151475601
>Those labels, "gift", "talent", "luck" only manifest after the fact, and never before.
Do you have brain problems?

>Giftedness never manifests before hard work
What about every child prodigy, are you going to claim that they just worked that much harder than the other children their age?

>Talent
Same as giftedness more or less, plenty of people always exhibit greater capacity for certain tasks than their peers, sure hard work accentuates those differences, but it's a innate cacity.

>Luck is something you only know after the fact
That's how luck works dumb ass, it's not a predictive quality it is something defined by past events out of one's control. It can only be called what it is after an event has occurred. Furthermore luck is by definition ambivalent to work put in.

>Hard work was the answer all along, but that's a much more difficult truth to swallow
Actually it's an easy lie to swallow, hard work is the answer, the world is just, everyone deserves what they get, and everything is tucked away into a nice tidy box with a bow on top.

>Some bullshit about individuality and how people having innate differences hides individuality
Individuality is an entirely different beast and has little to do with your ideas about unrestricted self direction and definition.
>>
>>151475002
>not being able to operate a high school level as an adult

Not sure about other majors, but after managing to finishing a college degree in something on STEM's difficulty high school should be laughably easy. Just take the study habits you need to keep up at that level and apply them to a public high school; easy 4.0. And what are you going to forget in the interval? Basic Arithmetic, Algebra, and at best Mendelian Genetics?
>>
>>151471438
Okay so its self-insert and the creators are "pathetic".

Why can't you enjoy that? Are you a successful normal person trying to find a successful self-insert for yourself?

If the fantasy medium of anime isn't working for you, shouldn't you move on with your life?
>>
>>151476304
>Automation
Well just to play doubles advocate, technological labor multiplication and specification of labor is what has always gotten us ahead in the world as a species.

>The logistics of our economy got us fucked
Not the logistics, it's the type of economy we have built up over all these years. It is alternatively too capitalistic / not pure enough capitalism depending on your point of view. To be desu I think that we'll probably collapse into dystopia and/or automated communism after a while assuming we don't wipe ourselves out first. I doubt the current system will hold up much past this century, if even that.

>In a perfect world, everyone could have been a NEET.
Nothing that exists can ever be said to be perfect, now can it?
>>
File: 1481612522246.png (106KB, 683x470px) Image search: [Google]
1481612522246.png
106KB, 683x470px
>>151476385
>Why can't you enjoy that?
Because I don't have shit taste and actually like the media I consume to be of a decent quality maybe?
>>
>>151473159
>That pic
More stuff to read, thanks mate
>>
>>151476582
So you don't watch Isekai but complain about it anyway. Are you running out of anime to watch? Is this your complain?

Or maybe you're complaining about Isekai because you watch it. Thus don't enjoy watching it, but still continue to watch it.

Maybe you could buy anime you like and support those companies into making anime that caters to your "taste" and needs.
>>
>>151473159
Real life or isekai, /a/ is filled to the brim with wizards.
>>
>>151471438
I don't get how you can claim that in Mushoku Tensei the main character got anything other than a new chance at life in a magical world.
He has not gained anything other a newfound drive to succeed at life.
>>
>>151474238
Bruce Almighty
>>
>>151474238
Peggy Sue Got Married. A fanfiction like this is called a Peggy Sue Fic.
>>
>>151476630
>Are you running out of anime to watch? Is this your complain[t]?
Yes, more or less.
>>
>>151475015
>Overlord
>NEET
>>
>>151473379
Could be good but
>Ded translation
>>
>>151475226
>Japanese High school girl
Kek, someone didn't read the novels
Also
>After the twist it becomes pretty generic, but does smash some cliche
>>
>>151476812
New chapter was released 2 days ago according to mango updates.
>>
>>151476352
>Actually it's an easy lie to swallow, hard work is the answer, the world is just, everyone deserves what they get
The lie people tell themselves when they fail is that it is not their fault, that they just were not lucky enough to be born with talent and that those that succeeded were just lucky.
>>
>>151476630
Also, just because practically all ii Seieki are shit, doesn't mean the idea couldn't be done well or that the basic idea doesn't appeal to me. You fag.
>>
Nirvana is about a middle school girl volunteer worker who ends up as magical girl in another world. Is that any better?
>>
>>151476890
!
Didn't find it because the chapter list wasn't updated.
Thanks for telling me anon.

Now if only stuff like master of monster get updated
>>
>>151475517
>Sure, nothing is guaranteed, but without hard work, you forgo any chance at all.
Good goyim. Do you know that there are people, e.g. jew bankers, with pretty solid guarantees out there? Even more than that, your failures are often their gains.
>>
>>151476935
No, that's the truth that less fortunate people come to realize. The lie is the one told by those who are fortunate enough to need a narrative that justifies their belief that they deserve everything and their need to feel entitled to what they have.
>>
File: 65433456.jpg (33KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
65433456.jpg
33KB, 800x450px
>>151471438
>relife is isekai about a former neet mc
You probably meant Re:Zero, Arata was never a neet that died.
>>
>>151471438
>World Customize Creator
That sounds like a cool anime attack
>>
>>151471438
Sauce? google gives nothing
>>
Can we just all agree that Isekai isn't bad? What bad is the fact that it is overused, with same setting, same plot, even down to same character development and when in the hand of amateur NEET, they turn into garbage. Redemption isekai plot are almost always the same no matter what, harem, cheating abilities...that is why most ppl hate it, it is like listening to a song and then listening to various shittier cover of that song over and over again.
>>
>>151476935
Some people, Adachi-types. Others buy into a different falsehood, that success and failure is always within one's control, which is egotistical. Outside factors can contribute to or be the direct cause for your failure. And sometimes, a failure is just a failure and no one is at fault for anything. To say a loss is your fault for not winning, you subtly undermine the other's victory.

Anything that doesn't take the bigger picture in account is gross simplification.
>>
>>151477287
>Can we agree that [basic concept] isn't bad only the application of [basic concept]
Yes, but since there are really none that use the basic concept without being varying degrees of cliched garbage I reserve the right to call them all bad until such point as a really good one is made.
>>
File: ImaSokoNiIruBoku.jpg (60KB, 900x685px) Image search: [Google]
ImaSokoNiIruBoku.jpg
60KB, 900x685px
>>151475203
>Realistic Isekai sure would suck
Apologize!
>>
>>151477287
I will confess that self-inserting is the best thing about isekai. I mean this reality sucks, can't i have a little fun delusioning about being in a fantasy world where life is on easy mode. I will also admit that every story is just a rehash of each other and i don't think i do have something that will please an elitist.
>>
>>151477378
There are Isekai series where instead of dying and then got sent/reincarnated, MC got summoned/transported... to it. Zero no tsukaima, Escaflowne, ima soko ni iru boku, that spin off OVAs of Tenchi Muyo...and they are good.
>>
>>151477326
>Anything that doesn't take the bigger picture in account is gross simplification.

What about simplifications that do take into account the whole picture? Say for instance hard determinism.
>>
>>151477432
summoning sucks because it implies the MC is a normalfag, thus ruining the self-insert factor
>>
>get transported in isekai
>have to interact with people and do work
>I'd rather be a neet in isekai as well
>>
>>151475010
It's not good because a dedicated audience is eating it up. This is how you lead to the stagnation and death of a medium.
>>
>>151476828
Does she have a wang or something?
>>
>>151477498
being a hermit on the mountains seems a good life
>>
>>151474928
>Overlord is bad
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>151477538
She a literal spider on the corner of the classroom made to believe that she was that NEET JK by an evil god
>>
>>151477498
Come on, anon. You've got Earthling super powers, abilities to save their world. Sure you won't leave the poor inhabitants to die.
>>
>>151477432
>But what about any story with alternate realms and worlds
I wouldn't count all of those as Isekai though. The idea of alternate realms and universes that exist with ours is a really old idea, and isekai really refers to a specific style of reincarnation/sent to another world stories at this point. I wouldn't call Alice's Adventures in Wonderland a isekai, would you?

Also
>These are good
Only like two of those are good, and one of them is time travel and not another world.
>>
>>151477601
If it means going out to talk to them, no. I'd rather live in a cave with comfy firewoods from the forest while eating meat/fruits from the forest animals.

If a forest elf comes by, I'll just drug them, rape them, and then let them go back without them ever being conscious. Maybe one day, I'll meet one of my elvish children
>>
>>151477452
Assuming it's true, it's a hard pill to swallow.
>>
>>151477753
May I ask why you would say that? To me it seems like it makes total sense if you believe in cause and effect.
>>
>>151477810
A part of us wants to believe in free will.
>>
>>151477905
Oh, okay I guess.
>>
>>151477671
You want the minimum contact, go invent a magical communication line or something.

Or does even listening to a projection of them go against your wants?
>>
>>151471438
ReMonster isn't really an example here? The guy was the opposite of a NEET. He was pretty much the same thing in his original life, just in a sci-fi world instead of a fantasy video game world.

And Mushoku Tensei did this "NEET reincarnation story" thing right. Guy built himself up as a PERSON properly. You don't see many stories like that where the MC actually goes through a story of growing up anymore.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken is shit, but not for the reasons you listed. MC wasn't a NEET at all.
>>
>>151477998
I think my wording was clear.

Caves
Forest
>>
>>151478025
Oh, I misread your post, sorry.
>>
>>151471438
>Example (just to name a few): ReLife, Re:Monster, World Customize Creator, Mushoku tensei - isekai ittara honki dasu, Tensei shitara slime datta ken, Death march kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku

For a guy that supposedly hates them you sure seem to keep up with the types of shows that portray that archetype and plot line.
>>
>>151478111
Research is bad now?
>>
File: 1432154944013.jpg (407KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432154944013.jpg
407KB, 1280x720px
>>151471438
So what? That's everybody's dream to have their own worlds.
>>
I think most people realize that most WNs are trash, but they read them anyway because it caters to their fantasies.

I, for example, have the specific fantasy of reincarnating into a cute little girl, so I read a fuckton of novels, but I realize that the storytelling is usually awful.
>>
Can you share me what you are reading senpai?
>>
>>151472006
Dude, just start working toward a small short term goal right NOW. Don't wish you were better, BE better. If you went back into 5 year old you's body you would just make the same mistakes all over again. Volunteer somewhere, get out of your own head
>>
It's just the shitty generic plot of our time. Once it was school harem or battle harem, now it's this. Just pray that shit won't sell, they'll stop flooding the market with these once they realize that.
The worst thing is that I really love fantasy and VR stuff but this genre is neither of them and it's harem self-insert faggotry kills it anyway.

Just give me proper high fantasy without reincarnation and rpg bullshit and/or actual cyber punk, holy shit.
>>
>>151478711
Kumo desu ga, nani ka
Tensei kyuuketsuki wa ohirune ga shitai
Kyuuketsuhime wa barairo na yume wo miru
Kenja no deshi wo nanoru kenja
Akuma koujo
Tensei shitara slime datta ken
Ansatsusha no method
Youjo senki
And a bunch of other crap so shit I don't remember the name.

Most of these are untranslated I think.
>>
>>151473017
Now I want an isekai with a MC who's born there and the enemy is the incarnated NEET fag.
This genre isn't even bad in itself, it's that authors always use it in the exact same way.
>>
>>151474783
I have to admit that this is party true for me.
I am actually a big sucker for escapism, but isekai never works for me.
>>
>all these fantasies about being powerful, having a harem and having great adventures
>just wanna be surrounded by friends who love and understand you and fall in love with your soulmate
>>
>>151475203
Now this is something I want. Some Anti-Isekai style in which a sucessful guy with harem in RL gets reborn in a fantasy world, thinks he'll become the best again but utterly fails at everything. He has no conections, no knowledge about the world and is an outlander/outsider who gets fucked by everyone else and who just tries to improve his life through learning and hard work or just being a criminal since there is no other way to succeed for reincarnated ones.
>>
>>151472386
>narou
Is this the new buzzword that I'm gonna be seeing fucking everywhere in 2017?
Like "iyashikei" and "isekai"?
>>
>>151471438
O is this our new isekai thread to talk about isekai novels on?

Any love for the following?

> Spirit Migration
> Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho
> Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei

Also, hiya shieldbro anon.
>>
>>151480295
"Syosetsuka ni narou" is a website where anyone can upload their own web novels. It's just japanese for "let's become an author".
>>
>>151480117
I know that feel anon.
>>
>>151475544
There's a novel called Slime Tensei Monogatari.

Its basically a human in a slime's body daily life.

It has RPG Elements though, but he mostly stays as a big blob of a slime, learning elements here and there.

I remember he becomes a big slime and saves kids on his back.
>>
>>151480432
Is that the slime one where he starts out blind and meets a dragon or something, or the other slime one? I remember there were at least two slime reincarnation stories being translated a year or two ago, there might even be more now.
>>
>>151477196
It does doesn't it?

He can basically modify the world to his liking. Only in limited space at the current novel point.

>>151477199
Mushitko Tensei.

>>151478006
Mushitko Tensei is still shit. Gun-Ota is better.

>>151478711
Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho
Kenkyo
Spirit Migration
I'll live my second life!
Gun-Ota
>>
>>151480515
The slime that starts out blind is the Super OP Slime. I mean he literally eats the dragon.

that novel/series is called Tensei shitara slime datta ken.

Slime Tensei Monogatari on the otherhand has around 300 chapters, and is way older than the above novel. unfortunately, its stopped around 2015, and hasn't had an update, but if you wanted a Daily Slice of Life of a slime, then this one's it.
>>
>>151471438
ReMonster's MC isn't a failure NEET in any way
>>
hey /a/ long agreed that every fiction is wish fulfillment

>even Eva
especially Eva

>even Dark Souls
ESPECIALLY DARK SOULS
>>
>>151481918
Yep, he was apart of a special task force in dealing with rogue espers.
>>
no bad genre just bad writers

all the Isekai you hate are, without exception, based on a webnovel (so they have as much quality as webcomics, fanfiction, fan art, etc). The few Isekai that are written by actual writers are usually good.
>>
>>151479461
This, it coasts on what people are already familiar with. Nothing wrong with the genre, only the writing. But if it pleases people, whatever.
>>
>>151479461
unfortunately, during the 2014s till now there has been a tsunami of Isekai novels, there's just too many to count, especially tensei novels.

Some are hit or miss too, some actually hits, but dont get more chapters, and other miss, to try again in another setting/format/ by another writer.
>>
>>151477020
You sound like someone who does not take responsibility for their loss and just blames outside factors.
>>
Is it even an otaku thing? Re:Zero and SAO are normalfag magnets, that's why they have that big fanbase in the first place.
>>
>>151472386
>Kawakami points to the manga Ressentiment as a literary-style work that presents a harsh truth for otaku. Ironically, otaku don’t support it because “nobody wants to know the truth".
Or maybe they don't support it because it's dull, poorly constructed bullshit that passes as deep because it has suffering, just like Boys on the Run.
>>
>>151480622
>Gun-Ota is better that mushoku
Well, i read around 70 ch of the wn of Gun-ota, and compared with the same amount of chapter of MT, i don't think that gun-ota is better that MT, if you reads the raw or the Ln tell me more why GO>MT
For the people that don't know the narou novels http://fujitaka.ukauka.net/prg/index/Narou2000/
>>
>>151483031
Believe what you want to will, but take note what you believe may not be the truth.
>>
>but MY isekaii is DIFFERENT! Its meta and self-aware and actually the author is criticizing the genre through it!

This is what i'm fucking tired of. I don't complain about cute girls doing cute things even though its not my cup of tea. I'm not going to go into isekaii threads shitting them up either. But please stop trying so, so hard to be deep and "better" than all of the others.
>>
>>151483793
maybe if you niggas stopped complaining about the tiresome cliches of the genre people wouldn't shrill series trying to subvert it.
>>
>>151471438
because it caters to neets who know their only chance at being something better is to die and be born as a powerful special snowflake
>>
>>151483081
The non human overpowered ones are for otaku I guess.

I reincarnated into a great white shark fucking when?
>>
>>151483669
Overall, gun-ota is better.

That's after getting through its 200 chapters.

And its still ongoing.
>>
why the fuck does everyone get so mad about isekai? just don't read it if you don't like the premise, what's so hard about that?
>>
>>151471438
>What is it with manga/anime where the disgusting NEET failure character is "reincarnated" or "went to sleep and woke up" as a super genius/powerful/godly younger character in a new/magical place?
>It's so blatantly a self-insert. It's pathetic. It has the same SHIT "story" over and over. RPG-like elements in a magical world where things always go the main character's way. Females throw themselves towards him, etc etc.
they aren't reincarnated. They have gone in Heaven. In Heaven everyone is the Mary Sue protagonist of their own lighthearthed adventure story.
>>
>>151484174
dunno about these hipsters

but I myself love the premise of Isekai and Tensei series

just don't like the writing, lack of characterization, lazy world-building, and OPMCs
>>
>>151483785
That is a pretty bland and generic answer.
Could you give a common situation that illustrates your point?
>>
>>151477326
No, to claim that outside factors caused your loss is what how you undermine someone else's victory.
>>
File: cat-1.jpg (731KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cat-1.jpg
731KB, 1920x1080px
Sort of related

Why is it that whenever a normal fantasy series has the protagonist go to another world the theme of "you have to go back even though you like it here" is always present? I mean, did anyone stop to consider that she would have been happy is the world of cats? I would. Fuck going back.
>>
>>151484458
>Can you give a common example of how the world is unfair and practically everything is beyond our control
Gee anon, I don't know, why do bad things happen to good people, why does god take children from their mothers or stricken them with diseases, why does man not have control in this chaotic world.

Christ mate, think about what you are asking for a minute would ya?
>>
>>151484609
Outside the competition, yes. Within the competition, those you compete with are outside your control. You win or lose; it's not a matter of 'fault'. Everyone makes errors, including winners. When you claim it's a fault to lose, you may as well say you could have willed a victory, which undermines the other person's achievement.
>>
>>151475015
Overlord is kind of special because it's still really just a story about a VR MMO, he doesn't actually get transported there.

And the protag was a salaryman who slaved away grinding in his free time and spending all his disposable on the game. The only reason he's OP as fuck in the new world is because he was a top player who nolifed the game. It's an isekai subversion in the same way OPM is a shounen battle subversion.
>>
>>151478006
>Mushoku Tensei did this "NEET reincarnation story" thing right.
Well as far as narou is concerned even with the issues in the later half of the story and just in general I haven't found anything like it in the sense that describes a characters life from his birth to his death so well as- his struggles, journey, marriage, having kids and interacting with them/all the juicy sol parts and actually ending his story when the said characters dies. it all flows very nicely without being stretched outThe saga isn't over btw, Laplace's story will probably tie in heavily with the sequel or rather it already feels ike a sequel

Not to mention the author actually tries to build his world not completely relying on the rpg mechanics, or rather there are no real rpg mechanics such as stats and other stuff in MT. In the Laplace spinoff he even explains how the humans came in possesion of touki among other things which they learned from the dragon world and also other abilities, all thanks to hitogami who in exchange shared the human technology and culture/knowledge with the others.

What I also like about it, is that the so called 'villains' or rather almost everyone who Rudi has fought before aren't the typical evil for the sake of being evil types. They just do what they must do for their own survival and goals. It was the same for Orsted at first who though the MC was an apostle, North God, Auber and heck even Hitogami who doesn't want to be stuck like a decoration, cut up and butchered for all eternity. Everyone except the demon race though, the demons are almost all autistic,except laplace

Actually speaking of Hitogami in 古龍の昔話 his motives and what he started there is very interesting. Sharing the human knowledge with the other world thus gaining the Dragon Gods favor+Having his own daughter marry him, giving advice to Laplace etc. I feel Its all going to end in a distater.
>>
>>151474943
> Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai
a semi successful mc in metallurgy, gets killed by a bully because of their past conflicts. gets reborn as a baby with low magical aplitude.

He instead makes guns out of metal slimes, his first prototype almost destroying his hand.

From then on, he makes a goal of making a group of people with his guns, munitions and combined armors; to save people (or basically JSDF)

While in the process of doing so, get wives, allies and whatnot.

He challenges the world of magic with his world war 2 esque weaponry.

The op people though are his haremettes, including a fox girl who specializes in ice and water magic, uses a special white AK-47. (Wife)

there's also the loli vampire using a M700P noscope sniper. (Wife)

A dragonic girl with lots of funding for being an inventor, and loves to make guns, barbed wires, sting knives and other things with MC. (Assistant)

There's also an elf princess he just saved who has Infinity Storage; (wife)

and upcoming in the later volumes after the translated parts, is a small platoon of noble girls who joins their group after a series of conflict, mostly Modern Guns vs Magic Armor.

After a while, he meets up with antagonists, especially his childhood friend who was bullied and hung himself off monkey bars when they were kids; reincarnated and opposing Mc. He got reincarnated with op powers, including teleportation, danger sense and a few other skills/spells.
>>
>>151471438
I don't really mind the world traveling or the overpowered skills.

The only thing that is annoying is the blank "Neet" character sheet, If they were characters with actual personalities this works would improve a lot.
>>
>>151480339
Yo.
>>
>>151484889
she probably wants a human bf
>>
>>151484889
I recently watched Bakemono no Ko and that aspect annoyed me to end. The guy really had no reason to go back.
>>
>>151484889
Fantasy worlds are only a fleeting dream or something
>>
>>151485890
>end of movie
>I have a bit of a crush on you, Baron!
>Baron, the humanoid cat statue
She has good taste though
>>
File: 1478923322634.jpg (213KB, 900x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1478923322634.jpg
213KB, 900x1250px
>>151485307
> actually ending his story when the said characters dies. i
Out of curiosity what chapter did that end? I read up around till the point where they make a portal to the other world for that other reincarnated chick and the guy makes his power armor much better, I don't remember what chapter that was. Anyways I probably will never pick it up again but I am curious for how much longer it's gone on.
>>
>>151485013
That has nothing to do with talent and hard work.
Did you even read the conversation before you replied?
>>
>>151479461
Try Moonlight Sculptor, I like it
>>
>>151485371
Sounds like shit tho.
>>
>>151479461
KR and CN novels have Isekai where the MC isn't OP and the series isn't just an excuse for harem antics

though KR are filled with unlikable characters and CN are basically battle shounen on steroids
>>
>>151485099
How the hell does saying that you did not work hard enough undermine someone else's victory. He worked harder than you so he won. Claiming anything else is undermining their victory .
>>
>>151486772
>shounen on steroids
Sometimes literally, with the pills and such
>>
>>151486477
260-264 is the epilogue basically so not very long.

I'd say just check out 260 and 263 if you're interested how Rudeuses story ends, though there are still side stories/spinoffs and the author is planing to write a sequel.
>>
>>151471438
Is that Mushoku?
It starts exactly the same way I think.
>>
>>151486583
Talent, like all other forms of bonus or malus imbued into a human soul is the realm of luck. If even every day happenings are beyond our ken and control then what makes you think that where talent is found that is deserved, or that hard work can conquer any circumstance without lady luck blowing on the dice first and foremost?

>Inb4 whining that that's not an argument
There were already arguments made against the "hard work can solve anything, talent doesn't exist, you can do anything if you want" which were promptly ignored.
>>
>>151486772
>KR and CN novels have Isekai where the MC isn't OP

Name one that isn't centered around politics or city building or some other civilization type story.
>>
File: IMG_0195.jpg (164KB, 789x689px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0195.jpg
164KB, 789x689px
>>151471438
And a Ching Ching nip nong to you you too, friend.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>tfw I'm gonna keep reading Isekai stories and I don't give a damn about what you think.

>It's a joy for me when these threads are created, it always brings to light new Isekai that I didn't knew of.

>Your whining only brings me more joy goyim.
>>
>>151486938
It is you fucking retarded scum
>>
>>151486938
Yeah it's the manga adaptation, I think it was kind of garbage though, unless they got an art change/director changee I can't recommend it from what I read of it.

>>151486894
Shit, I think I was on chapter 150 or something, so halfway there. I think I've probably forgotten too much to really enjoy reading the epilogue. Thanks for the info though anon, appreciate it.
>>
File: 1481194148991.jpg (208KB, 725x513px) Image search: [Google]
1481194148991.jpg
208KB, 725x513px
>>151487126
>>151487114
>Mushoku Barbara
>manga
Are they fucking mad trying to adapt it in manga?
>>
>>151487172
>Mushoku Barbara
Only discovered now? Manga's pretty good so far, showing a lot of ecchi/gruesome stuff.
>>
>>151487078
>you are suddenly reincarnated as a frog

What do you do?
>>
>>151486848
Because you're saying you would have won (with means they would have lost) if not for this or that. You won't simply acknowledge that you were bested and may possibly be bested again and again regardless of who "works harder", as if that's measurable.

Eat your loss and try again.
>>
>>151487224
Get eaten by a heron or something. Frogs are shit.
>>
>>151487225
>Eat your loss

B-but Isekai is f-f-fucking gay man! Hah, won the a-argument!
>>
>>151486949
I'll just give you an author

Er Gen
>>
File: 1465339102156.gif (260KB, 266x207px) Image search: [Google]
1465339102156.gif
260KB, 266x207px
>>151487214
>>151487126
>garbage
>pretty good
I'm getting mixed signals there anons.
>>
>>151487224
run for president
>>
File: pepep1.jpg (24KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
pepep1.jpg
24KB, 495x495px
>>151487224
Gonna make my own frog harem while you're jerking off to NTR
>>
>>151487323
First reference is a (You), I dindu nuffin nigga
>>
>>151487224
Run for Kek.
>>
File: no brakes on the rape train.png (876KB, 1036x910px) Image search: [Google]
no brakes on the rape train.png
876KB, 1036x910px
>>151473174
I enjoyed it, a shame about the ending since you can tell it was shitcanned. I enjoyed how similar he and his ghost ghost daughter were.
>>
>>151487323
I think we are talking about different things, I'm not exactly sure what is going on honestly, I think one of the replies might have been a joke based on ambiguity, but fuck if I know.
>>
>>151487365
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>151486939
Maybe I was not clear. I was asking about a common situation in which hard work will not help and only talent will allow you to succeed.

Hard work may not solve everything, but it will solve most things and allow you to do most things.
>>
>>151487475
Don't give him attention, dipshit.
>>
>>151487494
Fuck off, you retard. If you don't call out people then they will think that it is ok to do it.
>>
File: NETS.jpg (431KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
NETS.jpg
431KB, 1600x1064px
>>151487489
>>
>>151487172
it's actually done pretty well

art style is simplified though
>>
File: 000014.png (381KB, 850x1208px) Image search: [Google]
000014.png
381KB, 850x1208px
>no mention on probably the greatest isekai being published today

Dungeon Seeker is top and my boy Sakamoto666 is a true patrician.
>>
>>151487568
Except everyone already fucking knows. You're giving him what he wants, retard.
>>
File: 1464472660939.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464472660939.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>151487629
You shitposted in GS thread a today too didn't you?
>>
>>151487581
You know i always imagined it was the goalpost from the sonic games instead of a soccer goalpost
>>
I like Isekai and I feel so bad and ashamed of myself after this thread that I'll keep liking it.
>>
>>151478711
Re:Monster
Tenseisha wa Cheat o Nozomanai
shieldbro
The New Gate
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
Konjiki no Moji Tsukai
Mushoku Tensei - Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou!
Spirit Migration
Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki
Isekai Tensei Soudouki
Kouritsu Kuriya Madoushi
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu
Isekai de "Kuro no Iyashi Te" tte Yobarete Imasu
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
Honzuki no Gekokujou
Re:Zero
Tales of Demons and Gods
Tsuyokute New Saga
Sekai Maou
Chihou Kishi Hans no Junan
Sayounara Ryuusei, Konnichiwa Jinsei
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
Maken no Daydreamer
Kenja no Mago
Grimore x Reverse - Tensei Kishin Roumantan
Isekai Shihai no Skill Taker
Knights & Magic
The Scholar's Reincarnation
Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de
Tensei Shitara Ken deshita
Jaryuu Tensei
>>
>>151487660
Not yet I've only just finished work.
>>
>>151487698
You're probably spread as thin self-inserting as rations in gulag.
>>
>>151487739
I regret nothing.
>>
>>151487671
But, there was only ever one post not "posts" and it wasn't really a post it was a spinny thing or a thing you jumped on.
>>
File: img000024.png (231KB, 888x1263px) Image search: [Google]
img000024.png
231KB, 888x1263px
>>151487698
>>
File: so_good.jpg (31KB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
so_good.jpg
31KB, 659x609px
>>151487698
> I don't see Mushoku... Where the fuck is-

>There it is, complete.

Thanks tho, anon.
>>
>>151487629
>Over reliance on RPG mechanics like skills
>Edge everywhere
>MC is an overpowered lich king with a super revolver one chapter in
>>
>>151487225
You are claiming that victory is that he is better than you and that is not your fault.
I get it now, this has nothing to with undermining his victory and is instead about accepting that he is superior to you.
I disagree,but I get what you are trying to say now.
>>
Always curious about anons in /a/ with golden spoon. They exist, right?
>>
>>151487818
I know right? What's not to love.
>>
>>151487864
Fucking disgusting
>>
It's no secret anime is mostly garbage and even the passable stuff is not exactly either wholesome or something you'd want to tell everyone you liked.

If you don't like watching cheap self-insert/wish fulfillment filled adverts for BD and other merchandise feel free to take up another hobby
>>
>>151487863
>golden spoon
Like a lot of money or what?
Lurk buyfags, there are some.
>>
File: 1479850915640.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479850915640.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
>>151487863
>>
File: 1459948839733.gif (424KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1459948839733.gif
424KB, 480x270px
>>151487929
>don't like watching cheap self-insert/wish fulfillmen
I like to read them.
A lot.
And I don't care what you think of me as a person, I gave up that privilege of appearing decent in the eyes of others years ago.
>>
>>151487642
>muh feelins
>>
File: 1453472434213.jpg (17KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1453472434213.jpg
17KB, 255x255px
>>151487953
>appear to be female
>Prunus girl
>>
>>151487698

Upon further inspection, I see I'm missing a few. Youjo Senki, Drifters and Dungeon Seeker come to mind.
>>
>>151487893
I agree that latest chapter was. Glad those villagers got their comeuppance.
>>
File: 1477292955044.png (29KB, 201x226px) Image search: [Google]
1477292955044.png
29KB, 201x226px
>>151487987
>>
>>151487974
This
>>
>>151471438
It's propaganda for NEETs to kill themselves in hope to end in an Isekai anime.
>>
File: 1467730189189.jpg (84KB, 358x417px) Image search: [Google]
1467730189189.jpg
84KB, 358x417px
>>151488028
You need to mega it nigga.
Mega it all!
>>
>>151487929
>It's no secret anime is mostly garbage
Replace anime, with any media and this will still hold true.
>>
File: 1462310745041.png (418KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
1462310745041.png
418KB, 600x802px
>>151488074
Didn't he Japanese truck of fate?
>>
>>151487581
I have never claimed that hard work will allow you to do anything. Only that you can earn most things in life with hard work.
I am not going to get into the "is talent real" thing because you can not prove or disprove it exists.
>>
>>151487929
That's the price paid for being catered to so directly. People know exactly what you relate to and/or what your wishes are and can shit on your cheap taste.
>>
File: never.png (797KB, 694x645px) Image search: [Google]
never.png
797KB, 694x645px
>>151488074
Never should have come here
>>
>>151487974
>I gave up that privilege of appearing decent in the eyes of others years ago.
I think it's not even possible. Some people can start to hate you IRL only because you have good moode 24/7 for example
>>
File: 1472003231285.png (30KB, 286x321px) Image search: [Google]
1472003231285.png
30KB, 286x321px
>>151488076
Actually that's all I really had, I was hoping some other anon would respond with ones I didn't have already. Alas my cunning keikaku failed miserably.
>>
>>151487842
Yeah. He was the better. You say he worked harder but maybe he has a better regiment. Or superior abilities. Or your errors worked in his favor.

It's a competition, there is no fault in losing, or winning. Don't undermine it with excuses, just accept a loss.
>>
>>151488138
>I have never claimed that hard work will allow you to do anything.
Then please see your own post here
>>151486583
>Did you even read the conversation before you replied?
>>
File: 1455349536319.jpg (287KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455349536319.jpg
287KB, 1920x1080px
>>151488189
>I think it's not even possible.
Why?
You can work remotely, only go out for a drinks with close friends who don't give a fuck how filthy you look or how you are ruining your health, take occasional walks alone to prolong your lifespan above 40 y\o to enjoy more animes and maybe a VR waifu, order food online, shop for clothes once a year after taking four shots of bravery medication.
That's not so difficult anon.
>>
>>151475010
Popularity does not equal quality, Anon.
See, there is no universally good or universally bad setting, or genre, or really anything. There are authors that are bad at exploring them, and experimenting with them, though. Any medium, in fact any form of art, shows constant evolution through people bending or breaking the rules and experimenting around. It's not about what you write, as much as it is about how you write it. Most Isekai LN "Authors" are average japs that know jack shit about how to write or develop an interesting and original story, so what it ultimately devolves to is them flocking to Isekai because that shit basically writes itself. I'm sure if you dug long enough, you would find some form of medium where the protagonist gets teleported into some fantasy realm, and you would easily like it.
>>
>>151488138
>I am not going to get into the "is talent real" thing because you can not prove or disprove it exists.
Looks pretty proven to me
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797614535810
>>
File: eba.jpg (56KB, 579x567px) Image search: [Google]
eba.jpg
56KB, 579x567px
>>151488138
>I am not going to get into the "is talent real" thing because you can not prove or disprove it exists.
That's dumb as shit anon. That's like saying you can't prove geniuses exist when we have many cases to prove that there are people with superior abilities as compared to normal people. Just because you don't want to accept it, doesn't mean it's unprovable
>>
>>151488138
Talent is rael, anon. Look at art for example
>>
>>151488246
You're fucking autistic
>>
>>151488138
This is some Jaden Smith tier shit.
>>
File: 1458794201395.png (27KB, 181x220px) Image search: [Google]
1458794201395.png
27KB, 181x220px
>>151488465
Wow, that witty and complex insult was really rude and hurtful, I feel absolutely skewered by your wit.
>>
>>151488259
There is fault in losing.
Him having a better regiment is your fault as well.
Your errors are definitely your fault.
I am accepting a loss, I am also accepting fault.
You are the one who udermining it with it excuses by claiming that the loss is not your fault.
>>
Been longing for a fantasy life for as long as I could remember. Doing well for myself and being engaged in this world never changed that. Reality is lackluster, the current year is aesthetically revolting, relationships with real women are hell, and the human body is frail. I cannot change that but atleast I have psychedelics and anime for the remaining time I have to spend on this planet.
>>
File: vol 7 extras.png (2MB, 1200x1524px) Image search: [Google]
vol 7 extras.png
2MB, 1200x1524px
Any TL anons here that can help me with these?
>>
>>151471438

Wish fulfillment. One thing about modern anime is that it seems almost exclusively tailored towards hardcore otaku or fujo audiences living in Japan with hardcore weaboos that like to engage in things like shipping being it's target audience outside of the country. It's all just part of the pandering, making the otaku feel special and like they're something better than they are as long as they keep spending money on anime products. There's just something very cultish about how the whole industry is run and the way the writing and content revolves around this sort of wish fulfillment stuff lately lately.

Anyway if you don't get it, simple, you probably aren't the target audience for anime. Hell I know I'm not really the target audience for anime anymore seeing as I'm more interested in things like storylines and interesting relateable characters first, not circle jerking fanservice and blindly supporting certain brands and ideas.
>>
>>151471438

Careful, the modern anime fanbase gets super pissy when you point out how shallow all of this stuff really is. Personally I think they need to hear it more, but they prefer the blind loyalty and sunshine and rainbows approach to this stuff. It's like they're borderline brainwashed by it, but that's kind of the point of it all and how the industry makes it's money.
>>
>>151488809
>There is fault in losing.
No, you don't control victory.
>Him having a better regiment is your fault as well.
Outside your control. That's not your bad, that's his good.
>Your errors are definitely your fault.
True and his are his. But being able to exploit an error is a good skill. His good.
>I am accepting a loss
Not really. You're looking for excuses to why you were bested. You undermine the competition when you look for someone to blame, whether it's the other or yourself. You should accept you don't control an outcome and take a loss.
>>
>>151488287
could you show me the post where I claimed that?
>>
>>151471573

Basically this. Your Name managed to penetrate the mainstream and stuff like Detective Conan, Pokemon, Doraemon etc. is generally excepted among other examples but that's mainly the long running stuff that's been on TV since the 60's or 70's and a pop culture staple. Most anime, particularly the late night stuff is distinctly sub culture oriented. It's definitely taken on a bit of a pathetic look of late with how transparent it is, probably because the target audience really doesn't care either way. It's precisely what pushes away the mainstream at the same time though. Catch-22
>>
>>151489150
This is why I always laugh when you get people asking "why don't they make more mainstream anime for normies to buy". May as well ask why most American adults don't buy kid's cartoons for their own consumption.

Could you make anime for normals and have it be successful? Sure, but it'd be a large risk and if it fails you'd be out a lot of money. Business is built on taking the safest bet 99% of the time, and hoping that the 1% of the time you take on a major risk it pays out huge dividends.
>>
>>151471438

This is pretty much why I've decided I'm getting out of anime culture in 2017 as part of my new years resolution. I just don't feel like the target audience much anymore and to be honest the fanbase is really just awful to be around for any extended period of time which doesn't help.

Just such intolerant, annoying and obnoxious people with the current generation of jerky fanboys (not even just /a/'s standard bullshit, like in general and even worse or just as bad but in different ways in other places) that only seem to care about shipping, jerking off to characters and fighting everyone around them over it all. No fun to be had for me anymore really when tons of other mediums are still perfectly capable. Really I asked myself towards the end of 2016 what the point is and I don't have an answer. I might still follow some decent manga because I don't think it suffers from nearly the degeneracy problem and militant asshole fanbase that otaku anime stuff does. If the same problems start to happen there with manga and with Japanese video games which to be honest with the latter they look like they already might be than I guess that's that for those hobbies too.

>The Japanese fandom is like the English fandom in the sense that the majority of internet commentary about this trend is snarky and negative, but a significant number of people are hooked on these stories nevertheless.

I definitely say this is about as on point as it gets not only in this thread but with /a/ period
>>
File: 1472948660189.png (210KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
1472948660189.png
210KB, 544x499px
>>151489351
Good fucking riddance.
>>
File: 1448692394826.jpg (93KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1448692394826.jpg
93KB, 528x528px
>>151489138
>Reply to a post chain with a vague gripe about a reply to someone else not being satisfactory
>Bitch about how I didn't read the reply chain
>Then later complain about how I couldn't read your mind, and know that your point (Which you never stated) was completely different than the conversation you replied to
>>
>>151489351
>Letting fandoms determine what you enjoy
Always nice to know that suck pathetic people exist, thanks for making feel better about myself.
>>
File: Alchemy.png (1MB, 720x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy.png
1MB, 720x1056px
>>151476611
Welcome to the world of alchemy. The Ouroboros Record.
>>
File: iWKad22.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>151471438
thats the fucking point you stupid nigger. its so nips CAN self insert. if you do not like it dont fucking read it/ watch it.
>>
File: 1473703201026.png (26KB, 269x179px) Image search: [Google]
1473703201026.png
26KB, 269x179px
>>151489468
>2 chapters
It's that new?
>>
>>151473336

Deconstruction always feels like fanboys making excuses. Usually what's really going on is that an author just has no idea what he's doing in a genre but is writing in it because it's popular and trendy. Japan's lost a lot of it's creative drive in recent years and become complacent in all these marketing and copycat strategies all honing in on the same layer of otaku/fujo whale consumers. Typically that's really all that's actually going on at the end of the day with these things.

Anyway anime is just fucked these days with a lot of "popular" shows that specifically seem designed to drive further and further wedges between otaku/fujo hardcores and people that aren't part of those demographics but still have or had some interest in anime. For the latter it's borderline impossible these days, in fact I don't even think they care much anymore, I know I barely do which makes it funny that the otaku/fujo forever demonize what is actually more the majority as out to get them somehow.
>>
>>151488405
This is more about the usefulness of practice, it does not cover the issue of self enlightenment and what it takes to improve. Only that just practicing is not enough.

>>151488441
Geniuses can be measured, talent can not. Claiming talent is just making guesses at why some people do better than others. You don't know if their improvements are personal accomplishments or just something that they were born with.
>>
It exists so you can point out it's flaws and rage on the internet about how bad it is and how good anime work and how bad ones do.

Not really it's because twelve years olds watch it and boost it's popularity while the producers get rich while not even trying to do much of anything.

(In greentext) Isn't it obvious though?
>>151471438
>>
>>151473794

I don't really think anime is interested in doing social commentary. It's run like a pure cold business with a clearly set model in the post 2010's era and that model is milk the otaku/fujo through any means possible. Doing social commentary would run against that considering they literally just want to see half naked girls or half naked men engage in a pretense of a story with all their favorite voice actors and music people present along the 12 episode ride. That's anime really nowadays, like that's it and it lays itself quite bare about that fact more than ever with each passing year of the decade.
>>
>>151489402
How about you show any post in the chain that claimed that.
>>
File: 7_Seeds_vol12_ch66_p186.jpg (395KB, 900x1437px) Image search: [Google]
7_Seeds_vol12_ch66_p186.jpg
395KB, 900x1437px
Thankfully, there's still mangakas like Yumi Tamura that can do great character developement.
>>
>>151489695
>Talent can't be measured
That' wrong though. If genius in one area can be measured, than genius in all areas can be measured through similar techniques.
>>
>>151474147

Except they don't at all really. As part of the wish-fullment and flattery of the otaku buyer audience the message typically ends more with something like the problem is everyone else for not understanding your inherent NEET otaku genius. Just look at any LN trash like No Game No Life or just about any recent A-1 Pictures LN adaptation and it's plain as day there is no lesson, just business motive.
>>
File: 1453144159902.jpg (247KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1453144159902.jpg
247KB, 1224x1445px
>>151489756
>>
>>151488138
Your autism is contagious, delet this
>>
File: Ouroboros Record.jpg (2MB, 1446x2096px) Image search: [Google]
Ouroboros Record.jpg
2MB, 1446x2096px
>>151489563
Yes indeed.
>>
>>151489090
Claiming "not my fault" is the epitome of not accepting your loss. If you can not see this then there is something wrong with your thinking.
>>
File: 1468047018941.jpg (43KB, 287x475px) Image search: [Google]
1468047018941.jpg
43KB, 287x475px
>>151471438
It isn't unique to Japan, but the large single, unmarried male demographic might have something to do with it. There's nothing unusual about a power fantasy, but the emphasis on starting anew or resetting your life or the world touches on reality being to difficult to face and needing to be simplified to be appealing.

People tend to move past these stories after they've lived on their own for awhile, and they're not so ignorant that historical fiction, period dramas, or other narratives more complex than children's fairy tales aren't beyond them.

The biggest issue with these stories is that they rarely have a good character arc. We don't really see much of the protagonist's life beforehand and we never really get a resolution either. In Mushoku Tensei for example, it's not like our middle aged protagonist wakes up sleeping under a bench, and realizes that if he could make it in that fantasy world, then there's nothing stopping him from making a fresh start now. Nor does he ever reflect much on how hard he made his family's life by being such a parasite. They never do more than the masturbatory, everything is going my way, I may have sucked back home but I'm a god here fantasy.
>>
>>151489717
Yeah that's why it upsets me, because it could do really interesting social commentary and used, which is especially interesting for me because I like to see how other cultures reflect on themselves, but I know they won't do it because their market/fanbase won't allow it. I still like anime for what it is, it's just a shame that the environment doesn't exist to allow it to be more than what it is.
>>
>>151489836
You have not pointed to one you dumbass. If you think that the one you pointed to earlier somehow claimed that then you are ridiculously wrong.
>>
File: 1456910870736.gif (18KB, 152x191px) Image search: [Google]
1456910870736.gif
18KB, 152x191px
>>151489910
That's a rip-off isn't it?
>>
File: 1457950866622.jpg (81KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1457950866622.jpg
81KB, 960x540px
>>151489962
Can I suck in a fantasy world?
At least there would be magic'n'shit.
>>
>>151489802
1) Talent and genius are different things.
2) There is already some contention on what a genius actually is.
>>
File: 1464809107475.webm (247KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464809107475.webm
247KB, 1280x720px
>>151490081
>>
>>151490128
I see your point. I too was wondering if you were some liberal arts student unable to understand things outside of your safe space.
>>
>>151490128
As a Russian I can confirm that the leader of the boogiemans actually jokingly takes credit for that shit on our national TV.
>>
File: Experiment.jpg (180KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Experiment.jpg
180KB, 640x360px
>>151490033
What? What are you talking about?
>>
File: 1474401539459.jpg (112KB, 510x763px) Image search: [Google]
1474401539459.jpg
112KB, 510x763px
>>151490165
What?
You never inserted in level 10 healer slut that can heal her holes back to pristine state just to enjoy some bandit\goblin\ogre cock again and again?
>>
File: 1470189906729.jpg (700KB, 1053x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1470189906729.jpg
700KB, 1053x1070px
>>151490009
>You still haven't pointed out my claim
Oh I guess your right. Maybe that's because you never made a single substantive claim in the first place until well after butting into a conversation you clearly didn't understand, asking for evidence of a point that was never made, and then acting like you won when it was pointed out you were and still are acting like a utter retard. I would almost pity you if you weren't such a cunt.
>>
>>151489916
There is no fault. There is no one to blame. It's not a goddamn sin. It's a competition. Someone wins, someone loses.

Stop being conceited and thinking it's all about you. The other person is just as much at 'fault' for your loss; his victory is why you're a loser. Because he was the better.
>>
File: 1481679922139.png (167KB, 440x516px) Image search: [Google]
1481679922139.png
167KB, 440x516px
>>151490285
>>151490281
>>
File: piece of sin.png (91KB, 583x259px) Image search: [Google]
piece of sin.png
91KB, 583x259px
>>151490285
>sin
>>
>>151490114
Genius is a talent at being smart, or being talented at being smart is called genius, it can go either way. Point being one is analogous with the other.

>There is already some contention on what a genius actually is.
Mostly matters of semantics, not of it's qualitative nature.
>>
>>151489351
It hurts to read.
>>
>>151490208
Are you calling me that or what? I was trying to reference current events of Clinton's defeat of how she's blaming everyone else for her defeat. Even though the whole Russian hack was debunked by Obama and Hillary while replying to Trump saying "Grow up, they have no interference" After the election,
> Russians caused our loss. They are the bad guys, goddamn ruskies!
~Obama, Hillary, some unnamed CIA Agent that supposedly confirms it (notice when I say unnamed)
Really, there's a kind of hypocrisy and loss of responsibility going on that parallels the talk you guys have.
>>
>>151475248
but anon
she was a spider the entire time rather than an actual girl
>>
>>151490128

I want fucking /pol/ to stay,and forever stay,in their own fucking containment board,instead of spilling their bullshit in every fucking place.
>>
>>151490281
Alright. I assumed that it was obvious that I was not the other guy because I was making a different point, but I guess that is my mistake.

I don't share his belief that having talent is just something that people who have accomplished things are called.
Here is my claim >>151476935
I am just sick of people making excuses for not trying just because they don't have "talent" or claiming that you can't get anywhere without it.
>>
>>151490464
The problem is that people tend to swing too far in one direction.

When you lose at something, sure there are always things you could've done better that might have made you win, but there are also factors outside of your control that factor into it as well, maybe the person you were competing with was just better, maybe you were just unlucky.

To write off everything that happens to you being due to your own failings or abilities is egotistical and arrogant, but saying nothing was under your control and that fate just conspired against you is self-destructive and lazy.

You have to be able to recognize the difference between the things you have power over and those you don't. Everything in the universe is not under your ability to influence, sometimes you draw the short straw due to no failing of your own,, but that makes the things you do have power over all the more important.
>>
>>151490352
>Mostly matters of semantics, not of it's qualitative nature.
I think it is a bit more than that. Having high IQ what some claim is enough, but others think that that is not enough.
>>
>>151490464
I had something like a sporting event in mind. Everyone is giving their all and accepts the outcome. There's no need for blame. Hell, blame everyone because the outcome is the result of everyone's efforts. You can only do what you can in the hope of victory.
>>
>>151490464
No, I was saying to the guy who would not accept fault.
>>
>>151490794
You get it.
>>
>>151474795
>>151474808

Yeah looking at 80's/90's anime and looking at anime now and the differences I've kind of realized it was never anime I liked per se or even that era of anime, but the genre's that were more popular at the time like sci-fi, cyberpunk, mecha space opera, contemporary police drama etc. I still love shows like that Western or even the odd Japanese OVA/Movie one when it still rarely happens but anime just kind of seems to have honed in on a pretty niche albeit ultra high spending audience of late that I have nothing in common with so I've just kind of realized my true interest and lost mine in anime at the same time. About the only genre that still gets focus that I see myself into these days are the long running shonen action ones.
>>
>>151482011
>Dark Souls
>Wish fulfilment

Yeah, if your goal in life is to brutally die over and over again until you git gud and can feel smug that you earned your ability to not die constantly.
>>
>>151474928

Honestly these are the real problem with /a/, not the normalfags that they try to project on about as being the problem. Personally I don't see this supposed outside scourge, only the people droning on about the fanservice stuff and which girl is best and being militant as all fuck about it that is just killing the community pretty much everywhere. Like if people want to enjoy this stuff I don't even care, just they need to stop being absolutely insufferable about it and like trying to declare war on and drive away anybody that might like to talk about literally anything else from the community already.
>>
>>151491365
Even from a story point its pretty bleak. You go through all that shit and beat the big bad and instead of getting a good end either nothing matters or you just get thrown back to the start of an endless loop.
>>
>>151490745
Okay fine, I'll give you one more (you)
>Here is my claim >>151476935
>The lie people tell themselves when they fail is that it is not their fault, that they just were not lucky enough to be born with talent and that those that succeeded were just lucky.
So your claim is that people who try and fail are at fault somehow and people who try and succeed, succeed not because they were equipped by chance/fortune/luck to be able to succeed at said task but because of some as of personal merit which is totally detached from reality and everything that stems from it? If it really is the case that what separates success from failure is not dictated by luck or other influences outside of ones control, then it would have to be the case that this attribute -whatever it is- exists in a vacuum. That is to say outside the influences of the inherent unfairness of the physical world. Something which is patently ridiculous.

So tell me again, how exactly is this different from the claim that talent/luck doesn't exist and only hard work matters?

Oh right, this is also pretty much in direct contradiction with what you claimed here
>I have never claimed that hard work will allow you to do anything. Only that you can earn most things in life with hard work.
Since in the above statement you categorically deny that failure can be attributed to outside forces beyond one's control, calling it a lie I would say you pretty clearly just claimed that.

Also, just to point out, both these claims are entirely different from this claim you make now
>I am just sick of people making excuses for not trying just because they don't have "talent" or claiming that you can't get anywhere without it.

You are all over the fucking place mate, clean up your act.
>>
>>151491388
>Personally I don't see this supposed outside scourge, only the people droning on about the fanservice stuff and which girl is best and being militant as all fuck about it that is just killing the community pretty much everywhere.
That's probably because you're part of that outside scourge normalfag. Waifufaging and being shitheads over who/what is the best girl/boy/mech/show/thing are as old as /a/ itself.

/a/ has always been shit, the ones that do not belong are those that they can make it not shit.
>>
Is there a single isekai where the MC doesn't get a harem but still fucks tons of women anyway?
I don't know why but I feel like I would relate to an MC that visits prostitutes constantly but can't maintain a legitimate relationship would be more interesting.

Basically we need more bad ( not as in badass ) MCs.
>>
>>151471438
it sells
>>
>>151476582

I'm being totally real here, you should probably stop watching much anime than and find other mediums that are focused on more than just targeting a niche of slash pairing fanatics and voice actors fanboys/fangirls now cause that's basically what anime is about in the modern production committee dominated age.
>>
>>151478542

Honestly anime's biggest problem right now is it's pretense of having TV serials when that's so clearly not the average producers focus anymore. They don't give a shit about how the story turns out nor does anime's target audience, only how much it hits up the usual support layer for the right amount of money and those people only care about being seen in their community to support certain names, slash pairings, character designs and maybe idol pop music. As long as continuously hitting up that layer is enough to sustain this industry there's zero incentive to worry about quality story telling. At this point that just seems better left to other genres whose audiences still care about that sort of thing and aren't afraid of facing the real world scary as it is right now.
>>
File: q026.jpg (131KB, 750x1064px) Image search: [Google]
q026.jpg
131KB, 750x1064px
>>151491759
Blade Play. Purifies demons using his "Sword of Light".
>>
>>151491990
What other mediums are good in this day and age though? TV is generally still pretty shitty and cliched all things considered, movies are basically sellout Hollywood shit outside of limited release ones, and there are so many shitty books published every hour of every day it's near impossible to find the good among the bad.
>>
Is there one where the protag masquerades as a hero when he's actually has villainous motives?
>>
>>151492330
Give an example. Have no idea. Like a hypocrite?
>>
>>151471438
>"went to sleep and woke up" as a super genius/powerful/godly younger character in a new/magical place
Hey, I liked Dune
>>
>>151479461

It'll always sell, particularly with companies like Kadokawa and Aniplex continuing to put major marketing focus on it and rotating the idols that the people that like those stories eat up. There's just no sign of them losing interest in the current status quo any time in the last decade. The genre might change, but the way shit gets made, the average staffers/casters/producers that get hawked as great (frankly all the supposed top creators of this generation kind of fucking suck at basic storytelling and world building nowadays and are lucky to have such fanatical followings among otaku and big marketing behind them such that they can still be profitable even within a niche any time they slap their name onto something), and the lack of focus on storytelling remains the same.

Really it's Japan, the current stock of producers and the fans that just eat up the same shit constantly that is the problem with anime's difficulties in staying relevant in the mainstream through and through. I mean Hollywood's latest anime inspired movie being based off a series whose popularity arguably peaked in the 90's says a lot to me about recent anime with perhaps the exception of your names ability to penetrate beyond the otaku and people that take communities like MAL, Crunchyroll and /a/ seriously.
>>
>>151491759
Warlock in Magus world

fantasy setting has a weird "sex-lib" attribute where everyone fucks like rabbits. MC, not being a virgin himself was at first thought it was strange but then decided to just run with it, but don't expect any long-term relations.
>>
NEETs want to believe that they can obtain things without any effort
>>
>>151483081

Not really nearly as much as you think unless you define normalfag as anyone that likes stuff like Dragon Ball Z. I mean guaranteed if I mentioned something like Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z to somebody at work they'd know exactly what it is, but if I brought up SAO or Re:Zero I severally severally doubt it. They're really still only popular within anime communities, it's stuff like DBZ, Pokemon and even Attack on Titan that go beyond that. Hell I'd even say Gundam The Origin has more everyday people credit to it than SAO or Re:Zero considering it topped the New York Times grahpic novel bestseller list any time it had a Western release and wildly exceeded Verticals expectations.

I'm just going to continue to suggest that /a/ has no real idea what every day people like or don't when it goes on about this normalfag thing. It just seems to label anything it has issues with that got popular within the ANIME COMMUNITY as normalfag but really has no read on the mainstream at all.
>>
>>151489962
at least America has an excuse of the countries history itself being an Isekai

>New world
>>
>>151483793

LN/VN readers do this for absolutely everything. My stance remains that if you have to immediately leap to somethings defense from the get go you probably know there's something wrong with it that would alienate the average person that doesn't share your fetish. This is how it almost always turns out to be.
>>
>>151492415
>Hollywood's latest anime inspired movie being based off a series whose popularity arguably peaked in the 90's says a lot to me about recent anime with perhaps the exception of your names ability to penetrate beyond the otaku and people that take communities like MAL, Crunchyroll and /a/ seriously.

I think it's just Hollywood's continued attempt milk nostalgia, since they are now entirely creatively bankrupt. The reason why anime that was popular in the 90's is being adapted is because the people watched that shit in the 90's are all now adults with loads of disposable income.

Hollywood isn't about crafting stories anymore, it's about brand recognition, fanservice, and merchandising. In that way it's actually kind of similar to the anime industry.
>>
File: 1426370911393.png (19KB, 312x233px) Image search: [Google]
1426370911393.png
19KB, 312x233px
Because a metric shit ton of mangaka only know how to draw and can't write stories for shit.

It's either the NEET is super godly and awesome or he fucks up everything and suffers because we need a reason to repeat the word "Despair" 300 or so times a chapter.

If they made an Isekai story where the NEET had to work on a farm or had to become a town guard or something, then they would need to learn how to write character interactions outside of blushing and staring at one another.
Konosuba is an exception because that shit is hilarious, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>151491522
Note: I am talking about things involving skill like drawing or maths, not things that you need to be tall or have a certain build to be able to succeed at.
>So tell me again, how exactly is this different from the claim that talent/luck doesn't exist and only hard work matters?
Why do you care about that when hard work can get you most things?
>Oh right, this is also pretty much in direct contradiction with what you claimed here
>I have never claimed that hard work will allow you to do anything. Only that you can earn most things in life with hard work.
>Since in the above statement you categorically deny that failure can be attributed to outside forces beyond one's control, calling it a lie I would say you pretty clearly just claimed that.
You are assuming way too much. I did not claim it because I did not want to argue it.

>The lie people tell themselves when they fail is that it is not their fault, that they just were not lucky enough to be born with talent and that those that succeeded were just lucky.
People massively exaggerate the need for "talent". You are not doomed to mediocrity without it, hard work will get you pretty damn far. So what if you can't hit a 10, you can still get a 9 or an 8. You are not doomed to a 5, so don't assume that you are. Also hard work includes personal growth and enlightenment, to recognize your faults and fix to them. The reason most people can't improve is because of emotional immaturity instead of a lack of ability. They are just unwilling to see their faults and therefore can't fix them.
>I am just sick of people making excuses for not trying just because they don't have "talent" or claiming that you can't get anywhere without it.
This is my main point. Whether or not hard work can allow you to do everything or just most things in life is not enough of a difference as you can still get pretty far and people are to way quick to say that their failure is because of a lack of talent instead of realizing that it is
>>
>>151487974

As long as you aren't a total militant asshole about it towards other people and trying to cram it down their throat I really would hope that's not an issue with anyone. You have to admit that fans of this sort of stuff have a tendency to be up in peoples grill that don't really care about it much and to spam constantly their adoration for it anywhere that will listen to them and not just on their private twitter accounts either where it's hardly an issue. IMO that's what leads to a lot of the backlash against it is the militant fanboyism versus just take your genre and enjoy it like a normal non-psycho.
>>
>>151492589
Well normalfag really just refers to anything not /a/. Sure places like MAL and Reddit aren't necessarily filled with "normal" people, but they are filled who either treat anime as a hobby within their other wise job-having, non basement dwelling, fiscally responsible, girl/boyfriend having, normal lives, or people treat anime as a life style and use it a replacement for having a personality. These two groups of people are antithetical to /a/ which is generally populated by misanthropes that claim to hate everything anime, yet continue to talk incessantly about that which they hate, and get into constant arguments about how shit everyone else's taste in this thing that they hate is.
>>
>>151492412
Like Light or Lelouch, stringing everyone along when he has his own aims.
>>
>>151492708
(continued)
a personal growth issue.
Dobson for example, is a good example of a person who could improve if his emotional immaturity did not hold him back.
>>
>>151473299
>He never molested his sisters or daughters.
Excuse me while I golf clap.
>>
>>151489339

Yes but it's incalculably harder than just going after the slash pairing fanboys/fangirls and almost impossible for anime's current talent pool of favorite and IMO hack creators that are little but brand names. A lot of the original creators and pioneers of anime and even some of the second generation of their direct successors could do it because they grew up and had insights outside the whole otaku bubble, but the people that grew up otaku and themselves became otaku creators for otaku who are managed exclusively by production committees interested solely in otaku/fujo bucks kind of don't have a prayer.

It's the fujoshi stuff that really threatens to just annihiliate anime in the West and mainstream though as there's even less of a market here for it than the weird late night anime stuff for male fans and while that stuff is wildly popular and profitable in Japan it typically comes in dead last in popularity polls over here and never gets Western releases that I can recall for obvious reasons.
>>
>>151489455

You didn't read it.
>>
>>151492867
>These two groups of people are antithetical to /a/ which is generally populated by misanthropes that claim to hate everything anime, yet continue to talk incessantly about that which they hate, and get into constant arguments about how shit everyone else's taste in this thing that they hate is.

Like that otter that keeps eating watermelon even though it hates it and cries about it?
>>
>tfw no one will translate Emblem Take 2
>tfw I'll never see this magnificent bastard turn his life around and become a real yakuza
>tfw the OVA covered less than a volume of what happens in the manga and there's 62 volumes of Yakuza stories left unknown
Please, someone translate this manga
>>
>>151492708
>I am talking about things involving skill like drawing or maths, not things that you need to be tall or have a certain build to be able to succeed at.
>Maths
>Not requiring a great deal of aptitude from brain wiring as a kid
Maths, and other "skills" including those involved in capturing and manipulating images in the brain as well as other prerequisite "skills" for having 'talent' at these things is just as hardwired, if not more innate to one's performance than something like being tall or having a physical build. Any of the great mathematicians or physicists of the 20th century serve as testament to this, they were born not made.

>Why do you care about that when hard work can get you most things?
>Why do you care that my argument is not as I am claiming it
Because if you are changing your argument the entire conversation changes you nincompoop.

>you are assuming way too much. I did not claim it because I did not want to argue it.
So, you are just going to ignore the fact that you have implicitly claimed something by saying that you just don't want to actually prove your points, okay.

>People massively exaggerate the need for "talent". You are not doomed to mediocrity without it, hard work will get you pretty damn far So what if you can't hit a 10, you can still get a 9 or an 8. You are not doomed to a 5
Baseless speculation which has the added bonus of being clearly wrong. If anyone could get just short of the upper echelons of any skill with just effort alone there would be no shortage of great masters or artisans. Yet in every field we see the same sorts of curve to distributions of ability. There is no bunch up where everyone who's tried hard has ended up in these positions of top 10-20% of all talent, instead see a well defined curve where as always there is such a distribution that those considered extraordinary are always far far fewer than their peers who are judged are average or mediocre.
>>
>>151491522
Not that anon, but. If hard work doesnt pay off, it means youre doing something wrong. Also, theres no such thing as luck, its just something you dont understand.
>>
>>151493763
> The reason most people can't improve is because of emotional immaturity instead of a lack of ability.
Utter nonsense and quackery, reads like some noncommittal self help book I wouldn't even wipe my ass with. "if you don't improve it's just because you aren't trying hard enough to change your emotions!". As if lack of trying hard enough can explain why trying hard in the first place didn't work. Though I suppose if you blame everything on some completely nonspecific ill like "emotional immaturity" then no one can really complain, after all there's no way to prove to another human being one way or the other. Even better a confidence scam than the emperor's invisible silks.

>This is my main point. Whether or not hard work can allow you to do everything or just most things in life is not enough of a difference as you can still get pretty far and people are to way quick to say that their failure is because of a lack of talent instead of realizing that it is a personal growth issue.
Except that doing "most things" is just a kind way of saying that you can do all the things any mediocre person could do. It's worthless. Anyone who can manage to get out of bed can manage to do "most things", the average person can become average at whatever skill they put their head to. Yet it is always the extraordinary that people strive for, and it is precisely that which is denied to most. Even if Andrew son of dob stopped being a faggot, he's not going to be the next da vinci, hell he's clearly not even going to be a footnote in art history. At most he might be less shitty, draw some half decent comics, but in no way shape or form has he demonstrated any aptitude to be significantly more than he is. Even if you could magically tear down someone like that and reconstitute them with a new better personality, that won't solve the innate failings which hinder them. Not unless you propose to change them into an entirely different person.
>>
File: 01.jpg (107KB, 713x1024px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
107KB, 713x1024px
>>151479396
According to manga, doing volunteer work is something you can be ridiculed for. But it's okay because you might one day die in a plane crash and become a goddess in another world.
>>
>>151492545
NEETs are those who try but fail and get disillusioned
>>
>>151493892
When you do it of your own volition or as punishment?
>>
>>151471438
we're at the neet protagonist phase of anime genre, I was already watching anime when ronins (prep school students) were the protagonists of most interesting anime at the time.
>>
>>151493840
>Luck doesn't exist
>Hard work always pays off
Yeah, sorry I am not even going to bother with this. You are either a Calvinist or a retard and I really don't wish to engage with you in either case.
>>
>>151494040
You can't prove it and neither can I, but it's no doubt that hard work is more likely to pay off than easy work.
>>
>>151493840
What an egotistical way of thinking.
>>
>>151494103
What's your position? There is no right and wrong, just what you choose to believe anyways.
>>
>>151493983
I'm pretty sure plane crash-assisted reincarnation isn't something you do on purpose.
>>
>>151494213
Tell that to x.
>>
>>151494040
>>151494103
>Hard work always pays off
Never said that. Ever heard of importance of the moment?
>>
>>151494213
I meant volunteer work. How dare i pick up trash or help old women cross the street in my free time
>>
>>151494103
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>151494281
Shieldbro gets it. Volunteer work is a fucking waste of time.
>>
>>151494014
Love Hina, Chobits, Ah! Megami-sama... I miss the days of good anime.
Isekai for that matter... Magic Knight Rayearth, Tenkuu no Escaflowne, Fushigi Yuugi. damn, wait, all those protags were highschool girls, not 30+ wizard neets.
Sasuga japan.
>>
I'd rather watch actual fantasy series of the Japanese than watching loser NEETs/social parasites living in Fantasy settings, no thank you.
>>
>>151493855
Mediocre isn't "most" things. If it was, a lot more people wouldn't mind working at WcDonalds and a desk job. It's the point afterwards that is where most things are still achievable. People always think it's the skies when really it's just beyond that ceiling, but that ceiling is thick and requires time to dig through and break.
>>
>>151494380
I can't self-insert if it's not some from modern times though.
>>
>>151494317
Well, i mean that i sorta get it that people would ridicule someone for being stuck with doing janitorial duties/forced volunteer work or the like as punishment. But doing the same for people that willingly do it to help out the community doesn't sit well with me.
>>
>>151494493
Mediocre
adjective
of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate:
>>
>>151494581
Yachiyo is a good girl who skipped out on accepting an award for her deeds because she was busy shoveling snow off an elderly woman's roof.
>>
>>151493855
People call me talented, but it is just emotional maturity. That is how I see it.
Also I find most self help books to be pretty good and if you where willing to give them a chance then you could improve yourself.
You can accomplish some pretty exceptional things if you work hard and improve yourself.
Also if I could rebuild Dobson's emotional character from the ground up then I am pretty sure that I could make him into an exceptional artist.
>>
All this talk about social commentary and shit based on isekai would make a better plot ironically. This entire thread that is. An anime with a dude being in an anonymous message board and crap.
>>
>>151471584
Is it this?
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tate-no-Yuusha-no-Nariagari
>>
>>151495751
I think there is one such LN.
Some dude and his dog suddenly being in another world when they go out of the house and they write about it on an anonymous message board, while the people on it help them analyze the situation they're in and give them help.
>>
>>151495845
HeroBBS?
>>
WHAT IF
>Man is transported to another world
>The only power he is gifted with is the ability to freeze time, but the only thing he can do during the frozen time is ask for advise on an anonymous image board
>He must obey some of the advice given when time resumes.
>>
>>151495739
>People call me talented
At what? Also make note, being called something is different from being something.

> I find most self help books to be pretty good
Self help books are snake oil sold to the stupid, weak, and desperate, like homeopathy, crystal energy, and late night infomercial products. The only people they help is the authors to make a quick buck.

>You can accomplish some pretty exceptional things if you work hard and improve yourself.
Hah, naw.

>Also if I could rebuild Dobson's emotional character from the ground up then I am pretty sure that I could make him into an exceptional artist.
And if I had the red sea, the red stone, the red elixir vitae I could make lead into gold. But I don't so we won't ever find out if that's true.
>>
>>151495934
Would the advice come from the author, or a real life plot participation from an image board?
>>
>>151491759
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/dragged-into-the-class-metastasis-for-some-reason-i-was-dragged-into-the-metastasis-with-the-girl-class-so-i-will-make-a-harem/

here you go anon. its a R18 Novel, has lots of sex, some rape, but most often than not, sex.
>>
File: cover.jpg (446KB, 852x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
446KB, 852x1200px
>>151495893
Found it.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/10-nen-goshi-no-hikiniito-o-yamete-gaishutsushitara-jitaku-goto-isekai-ni-tenishiteta/
>>
>>151496162
Is the dog the girl
>>
>>151495934
>>/qst/
>>
>>151496206
No, the dog stays a dog.
>>
>>151496047
Fine, I give up.
You are a useless sack of shit because you were not born with talent. (There, happy now?)
>>
>>151496265
Good thing reincarnation fixes all of that.
>>
File: gif smooth loop ver.gif (2MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
gif smooth loop ver.gif
2MB, 500x376px
>>151496265
>Fine, I give up.
What happened to your enthusiasm for hard work?

>You are a useless sack of shit because you were not born with talent.
>There, happy now?
No, not really. I'd rather just not have ever existed.
>>
>>151496409
You whipped a dumb normalfag. You're a blessing, anon.
>>
>>151487629

His AGI build is retarded. Now he's being tortured because he was tricked easily. AGAIN
>>
>>151496645
It's not his build that's retarded, it's him that is.
>>
The worst contender for me was mushoku tensei. Mainly because of the concept of "34-year old loser gets reincarnated into a child and wants to fuck a 12 year old".
>>
>>151497076
This, I feel like I'd enjoy the story more of that was cut out, because overall it feels like an adventure manga.
But the neet protag is such shameless self-inserting I don't know why it's even in there.
>>
>>151496645
It all went according to his plan though and now he has a box of slimes.
>>
>>151496409
>What happened to your enthusiasm for hard work?
I will always believe in it. Although I will remember to add personal growth and emotional maturity so that you can recognize and fix your own flaws.
However I have given up on trying to persuade you.
>No, not really. I'd rather just not have ever existed.
Cheer up man. Life is not that bad even if you never do anything extraordinary.
I gotta go to sleep now. If you write me a reply then will answer you in the morning.
>>
>>151497076
What is wrong with wanting to fuck a 12 year old?
>>
>>151472850
I finished the web novel, but I'm hoping they tone it down for the manga (and probable anime). I don't mind ecchi, but he really took it to another place in an uncomfortable way.
>>
>>151498161
Anyone got the "welcome to the highest point of your life" with a naked rudy and some dude
>>
>>151498161
>>151498135
>>151497076
If the MC just flat out admitted to being a degenerate lolicon then it would be tolerable. What makes it creepy is how the author sort of slides it in like it's totally normal.
>>
>>151497076
In general 30+ old NEET or office worker making friends and falling in love with 10-15 year old kids is one of weirder parts of Isekai. Even between kids young boys will want to fuck hot older girl and not icky girls of their own age with no secondary sexual characteristics.
>>151498135
Because real life children are pretty disgusting. Also annoying, whiny and quite dumb. I am not saying that from viewpoint what adult people can't have same characteristics, it's just children have much less self control.
>>
>>151498594
>being a lolicon
>not normal
>in anime
You guys are fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>151492886
Dungeon Defense, but it's korean and edgy.
>>
>>151478711
Dungeon Defense
Youjo Seki
Overlord
Warlock of the Magus World
Aim the Deepest Part of the Different World Labyrinth!
>>
File: 1323126902852.jpg (19KB, 226x320px) Image search: [Google]
1323126902852.jpg
19KB, 226x320px
>>151477596
>>
>>151492635
>the average person
my stance is that the average person (aka normalfags) shouldn't be reading or watching isekai in the first place.

You know what you're getting when you watch cute girls doing cute things or battle shounens or battle harems or whatever.
Same shit with isekai.

Still, I wouldn't say people should stop complaining, let them complain, the internet is meant for bitching.

Just, you know, don't watch shows from genres you know you don't like. That's stupid.
>>
>>151487078
>>151487365
Mods are genuinely fucking trash holy ahot
>>
>>151480117
dude I just too want to be a shojo romance heroine
>>
File: 1480713078296.jpg (51KB, 536x546px) Image search: [Google]
1480713078296.jpg
51KB, 536x546px
>>151493763
>>151493855
>>151494040
>>151496409
This is why I came to this thread and I was not disappointed. You just can't find this kind of articulation and mindset anywhere else.

Normalfags wouldn't ever even conceive of thinking through these kinds of questions, let alone any discussion on whether hard work would get them to be able to answer them.
>>
>>151500488
Basically, she thought that she was a reincarnation of a student.

But as she finds out, from the administrator that tells her, that she was only a personality of that very administrator, sent to become a spider, earlier than the classroom of students that died to massive dimension explosion.

Get all that anon?
>>
>>151500591
To become one of the top requires you to be mentally ill and insane. This is why normalfags will never make it in this world.
>>
>>151500566
ahot?
>>
>>151500613
I wish class room isekai would come back. Have there been anyone new ones?
>>
>>151500765
Shut up.
>>
>>151500591
>This is why I came to this thread
To seek whatever validation you can find for what you already believe?
>>
>>151472850

I gave up like 4 chapters in, does the protag ever grow emotionally as a person? It begins with his parents dying and all the dude thinks about is "poor me now I can't be a shitty NEET anymore"
>>
>>151500781
There's been plenty.

The Weakest Skeleton is one of them

Fue's (I think) NTR Entire school transported because of a slutty goddess wants mc's dick. (Only virgins have power to wield dragonic swords)

Dragged into a Metastasis.
>>
>>151500591
You started this thread, because you hate everything and can't form your own opinions
>>
File: 1325394187703.jpg (7KB, 266x240px) Image search: [Google]
1325394187703.jpg
7KB, 266x240px
>>151475226
>Begins with some Mx0 tactics, then the shitty spider goes full papa bones

Yep, it's trash.
>>
>>151473174
The ending was trash.
>>
>>151500878
I find it enjoyable reading skilled wordsmithing, and I collect samples of them as a hobby. I won't say I had no opinion before reading the arguments, I did, but not really too strong one way or another.

I think there's value in "Those who work hard today are the only ones who have a tomorrow" even though it's true that hard work doesn't mean much in the way of excellence in the end for a lot of things. Talent isn't always just automatic extra stats given at the beginning, it usually comes in and triggers at an unexpected point, and the best way to search for those points is to put in the time doing and thinking about it, i.e. "work".

Then again if you're not seeking excellence, hard work works just fine. And a lot of things don't need excellence, they just need to be done.

>>151501183
I haven't watched or read any of the things listed in OP.
>>
>>151474145
You read manga, watch anime, read LNs etc. to escape from reality, more or less. Why would you want to read a manga about your very own, pitiful reality then?
>>
It's about as bad as 'muh willpower' plot twist pulls. Audiences identify with it, because they can delude themselves into believing that if they had a reason to fight (read: a hot anime gril that was totally into them 100%) they would be unbeatable, it's just that there's no way to test that in real life.

Which is funny, because there is. Any series that has star athletes get reduced to sobbing wrecks while the NEET everyday protagonist stands strong is pure delusion. Becoming a star athlete requires plenty of hard work, effort, and determination, all of which can be used to show willpower. If working out was so easy, then why aren't these audiences better than the NFL and pro NBA athletes they look down upon? All you have to do is practice. :^)
>>
>>151500998
He does have some emotional growth, after he's reborn he already decides to live his life proper this time. the manga touches this briefly by him thinking about slacking off on magic training since he's already pretty decent and then rebuking himself out of that sort of thinking. the novel goes a bit more in depth.

He gets less creepy as he ages since the expierences in his second life teach him more about being a decent human instead of neet thrash.
>>
>>151487698
>grimoire x reverse
Oh shit, one i wasn't following yet, thanks anon.
>>
File: the good life.jpg (43KB, 604x341px) Image search: [Google]
the good life.jpg
43KB, 604x341px
>>151501534
Sure, I can appreciate it when someone can articulate their point well, too.
I threw out self-validation since I think that's kind of what's going on with these types of stories. Well, that and probably some wish-fulfillment, too.
The whole self-validation thing isn't too hard to do, as far as I can tell. I think all it takes is wanting to believe something, regardless of whether it really holds true to you personally. The rest is easy.
Somewhere out there is a story or a person that preaches what you want to hear and believe, and you can easily inundate yourself with those things to the point that you fully convince yourself that it's true, regardless of whether it holds water in your own life or not.
It's frighteningly easy to get shit on four or five or more times and decide it isn't worth it, then do nothing but look for validation for that belief. It's also frighteningly easy to dismiss any evidence that you might be wrong by downplaying/trivializing it, or discrediting it too.
Seriously, the bubble you can build for yourself is just too easy to get into and can be made impossible to get out of, provided you don't want to.
And why would you want to? If you can convince yourself that it's best to just completely give up and never, ever try cause what's the point, it's never worth it, you can personally validate never doing or trying anything ever again.

And I could be wrong, but that's how I feel reading these stories. Seeing people get superpowers and reset switches and harems definitely makes it feel like it takes supernatural circumstances to fix the shit you find yourself in, so why bother, really?

Fuck, this post is way too long.
>>
>>151493024
No I agree with that guy, you set up a broad generalisation label of what /a/ is like, you didn't take the time to value the more important threads that occur. Honestly if you aren't filtering everything off like a sane person who adapted since the mIRC age you are browsing the net wrong.

Everyone's random opinion is shit, what matters is the 1/20 good threads you find and keep on hitting weekly, since that's when the discussion happens, and it won't occur again, don't delude yourself unless OP is on target.

If you always listen to the overall opinion
>>
>>151475338
>it'd be 1/3rd of the work I'd normally have to do to get to that level.
You've never worked hard so you have no idea how much effort it took to reach that level normally.
>>
>>151471438

That formula (shittier who dreams of better and eventually gets there) is really common in adventure stories. The old epics would out right make MC demigod and OP as fuck by birth. Revolution stories are by their nature wishful thinking 'I am right and the best'.
>>
>>151502852
I haven't actually watched any of these myself. I like the ideas in this thread, but I doubt I could get anything out of watching them myself. Defense mechanisms are pervasive for sure but I automatically react if something smells too good, so from what I'm reading these kinds of stories would never work for me.

I'm more partial to stories which just play it straight and admit that there's a lot of luck involved. Like that guy said earlier, it's basically a crime in all but name to tell anyone that they can do anything as long as they try. Like normalfags saying "Just be yourself".

I'd rather play games with Lady Luck than actually just completely give upthough that might be because i did seriously consider giving up for a while, and then i learned how much power can be packed into a 2-3/4" shell. At least, I'll play until I'm ~40.

One good thing about being a man is life's not over if you don't hit gold by 25.
>>
>>151501534
What is skilled wordsmithing? Can you post an example?
>>
>>151472303
sup faggot
>>
File: 1482375129418.jpg (2MB, 2128x3020px) Image search: [Google]
1482375129418.jpg
2MB, 2128x3020px
>>151500591
I love this website for the very same reason, and I love you and every one of you faggots. Happy holidays.
It makes me feel pathetic as I'll never be able to articulate my ideas like they are able to due to learning English after my language acquisition phase and other limitations due to my past and background.

So I have to agree, or seek validation in the talentfags argument since he eloquently summarized the mess that's been sitting in my head. Thank you /a/non and I hope you find something that makes this world worth sticking around.
>>
File: Drinking.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
> Loli commander in notWWI.
Well, there's everything.
>>
>>151504382
Still waiting on more reincarnated into lolis, but it's not popular it seems.
>>
Hey I'm not really sure where to ask this but maybe someone can help me out a little. I'm looking for some kind of anime that I saw short clips of at a convention a while ago. I don't remember much about it, but what I do remember is some sort of scantily clad girl transforming in a flashy way so that she can fight off some giant robots using vhs tapes or something like that. I also remover her having pink hair but I may be wrong about that part. All I really remember is vhs tapes being used as a prominent theme with gurren lagann type of visuals. Anyone can help a confused weeb out?
>>
>>151489962
>, and realizes that if he could make it in that fantasy world, then there's nothing stopping him from making a fresh start now. Nor does he ever reflect much on how hard he made his family's life by being such a parasite
That is just straight up wrong, and confirmed you haven't read the story from start to finish. He in fact regrets deeply and realises what kind of piece of shit he's been and even wants to go back but can't because of the new family and what he has to protect right then. Instead he gives the letter to Nanahoshi hoping it will reach his family someday if they're still around and apologise for everything.
>>
File: mental gymnastics.png (107KB, 613x392px) Image search: [Google]
mental gymnastics.png
107KB, 613x392px
>>151500591
like this?
>>
>>151474698
>normalfags shitting on isekai
Disgusting. So this is what they call "neo-/a/".
>>
>>151498721
Bringing real life children into this is pretty stupid. That is bitching about 2D just because of 3DPD. It is retarded.
>>
File: Naofumi.png (1MB, 1200x1850px) Image search: [Google]
Naofumi.png
1MB, 1200x1850px
have a rare shieldbro, see you next thread
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.