[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come nowdays it's impossible to discuss this manga without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1690.jpg (492KB, 800x862px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1690.jpg
492KB, 800x862px
How come nowdays it's impossible to discuss this manga without threads degenerating into Griffith memes?

It wasn't like that 5 years ago. It's like the fandom is starting to treat Berserk as a parody of itself.
>>
The only time valid discussion happens is when a new chapter comes out. Other than that it's boat memes, Griffith did nothing wrong, and Griffith is mai husbando shit. I wouldn't mind reminiscing about various different arcs but it just doesn't happen.
>>
Everything has already been discussed.
>>
Because Griffith did nothing wrong.
>>
>5 years ago
Because we have 2 new chapters now
>>
One thing that always bugged me about the character designs was that Griffith was supposed to be more attractive than Guts, while, in terms of facial aesthetics, Guts clearly outranks Griffith.
>>
>>151444990
Japanese prefer the feminine male characters as more attractive than someone with a jaw and muscle. In fact someone with a jaw and muscle are typically the joke characters for being gay and Japan finds gay characters funny as fuck. Don't ask me how that stereotype started. I have no idea how the Greek ideal turned into buttsex.
>>
>>151445053
>Japanese prefer the feminine male characters as more attractive than someone with a jaw and muscle

Suddenly, Final Fantasy makes sense
>>
>>151442272
>How come nowdays it's impossible to discuss this manga without threads degenerating into Griffith memes?
because the site has become a parody of itself with all the memes.
>>
>>151445053
Japs can't make gains.
>>
>>151442272
>memes
>>
>>151445053
The Greeks preferred small dicks as well.
>>
>>151445143
You would figure the rarity in that particular body type would make them more exotic and increase their market place value but you're more likely to get more attention when you have a pointy chin than a genetic gift to put on muscle. Translating that over to 2D is jarring to westerners that have moved on from Shounen.
>>
>>151442272
graffite did notting wrong xP
>>
>>151445053
The Greek ideal was very much all about prettyboys like Guriffitsu.
>>
>>151445469
Maybe if you're a pederast but then again you like Griffith so I guess that's self evident.
>>
File: berserk_2016_memes.jpg (138KB, 349x495px) Image search: [Google]
berserk_2016_memes.jpg
138KB, 349x495px
That usually happens when you start a fucking thread without an actual topic for discussion, OP.

So then, let's post our theories for the actual ending of Berserk. Mine is that since the collective consciousness of the people in the world can affect the physical reality of the world (like creating the Idea of Evil) that due to Griffith's manipulation of the entire realm in the ending it will be revealed that Guts is actually the Black Hawk and Griffith is the White Hawk. Guts will kill Griffith, ushering in a new age of darkness over the planet, which is exactly what the idea of evil wanted.

My friend however believes that what the idea of evil wants is for Guts to become a member of the God Hand and start a full scale 40k demon war with Griffith, plunging the world into eternal chaos. He believes that in order to circumvent this, Guts will simply choose to forgive Griffith. He thinks that Griffith is scale till obsessed with Guts to some degree and that Guts straight up removing Griffith from his life will be the ultimate victory over Griffith.
>>
Did Casca enjoy it?
>>
Guys, please answer this one question:
Did Griffith actually do anything wrong?
>>
The entire manga is a Griffith meme
>>
>>151445137
it's especially unsettling when the characters somehow come to life and start meme'ing themselves. I tell you the very fabric of the universe is being torn asunder...
>>
File: o014.jpg (412KB, 869x1307px) Image search: [Google]
o014.jpg
412KB, 869x1307px
Imagine traveling back in time to 1998 and showing a Berserk fan this page telling them it's from the same manga in the future.
>>
>>151446106
I know what road this will lead down but I'll answer anyways: the climax of the Golden Age arc.
>>
>>151445831
I agree that Guts maybe the Black Hawk but wouldn't that make Skull Knight (Gaiseric?) the ultimate failure?
>>
>>151446106
No
>>
>>151442272
Because even Miura isn't serious about his work anymore. I mean look at this shit >>151446394
>>
File: bleh071808what the....jpg (622KB, 720x1111px) Image search: [Google]
bleh071808what the....jpg
622KB, 720x1111px
>>151446291
sorry forgot to attach pic
>>
File: What if Berserk was American.jpg (176KB, 610x880px) Image search: [Google]
What if Berserk was American.jpg
176KB, 610x880px
>>151442272
Because there's nothing to discuss, that flaming faggot fatass is too busy fapping to lolicon instead of thinking about an ending to the manga.
>>
>he can't enjoy cute things AND grimdark brutality
that's where you failed as a true elite
>>
Fanbase is Jojo-tier now. Just read the manga and keep your head down.
>>
Muira really wants to make his cute loli idol manga, but he knows if he does it right now it would be the most hated manga ever, if I was him I'd just try to finish Berserk as quickly as possible, I mean it's BEEN 27 FUCKING YEARS.
>>
>using the terms fanbase and fandom past middle school
>>
File: 1481944397177.png (919KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481944397177.png
919KB, 1280x720px
What of the last 30 years of manga would you like to discuss and add you new, never before discussed ideas to OP?

Nothing? Right! Because it's been discussed before ad nauseum - probably before you were born.
>>
>>151445207
>>151445469
Incorrect. Ancient Greeks would have preferred guts facial aesthetic as well.
>>
>>151447204
Alexander the Great.
>>
>>151446724
No it isn't. Jojo has way more mainstream popularity and appeal than Berserk.
>>
>>151442272

Because the protagonist of the manga is a literal cuckold, how can you take it seriously?
>>
>>151447204
You're thinking Ancient Rome
>>
>>151447669
>how can you take it seriously?
Confirmed having not read the manga. Or worse, anime-only fan.
>>
Blame /v/
>>
>>151448016
your waifu was raped by a wild pack of demons. stay in denial
>>
>>151442272
Chapters come out very slowly. There's nothing to discuss that hasn't already been discussed.
>>
>>151446394
That was only within the last 20 chapters or so. Even the Sea God arc didn't look like this.
>>
>>151448988
this
>>
>>151445100
>implying FF is even the worst offender
It's probably the only JRPG series that is evolving away from teenage pretty boys.
>>
>>151449331
Oh really? You look at the idol group that is the main cast of Final Fantasy XV and say that again. Prompto and Pre-timeskip Noctis are the biggest faggots I have ever seen in a final fantasy game.
>>
>>151450339
You can tell they're male, which is something that can't be said for Amano's MCs or Ramza. They're also the only pretty guys in the whole game, not to mention those designs are leftovers from 2006-2008, when Nomura was at his worst.
>>
>>151450548
Huh, I didn't know that. And Noct in his King uniform, beard and all, does look pretty mature compared to the idol member xxdark_|Ravenxx he was before.
>>
>>151450656
He's also a genuinely fantastic character, surprisingly enough. His edgy old design really does him no favors.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.