[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From Now On

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: tgalaxy.gif (936KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
tgalaxy.gif
936KB, 500x572px
I only watch award winning anime based off of award wining novels.

What can top this?
>>
My 'N' key is a little... sticky.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
there's plenty of "awards" with shit or low standards though
>>
Not much, novel (not LNs) adaptations are some of the best anime out there.
>>
>>151367520
I feel as though a novel is the purest form of story telling because it usually has one creator with little restrictions.

Once you produce the anime version everyone with a hand in it wants to throw their waifu in there.
>>
I dunno, I thought it was too long. Would have been much better as an OVA series.
>>
What does an expression like some European fortress city look like?
>>
>>151370893
It's a metaphor for the smile being stiff and rigid like a stone fortress, dumbass.
>>
>>151371016
It's a simile.
>>
>>151371016
That's pretty pretentious writing, senpai
>>
>>151367283
Why do you bait like this?
>>
Akashi-san is my waifu.
>>
>>151367520
Not really. The perfect insider was one of the most pretentious things I have watched, and both the anime and the novel are award-wining.
>>
>>151367283
Why is this a gif?
>>
>>151372146
It's not pretentious just because you didn't get it.
>>
>>151367283
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmr6VSOW4zU
>>
>>151372403
>you just don't get it.
Every time. You guys should start thinking about new "arguments".

It's probably that mystery novels like that just don't translate well into anime, but seeing a guy talking to himself while surrounded by ostrich and a bunch of other animals whenever he thinks is pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>151372684
I'm genuinely convinced you don't know what the word pretentious means.
>>
>>151372684
>You guys should start thinking about new "arguments".
As soon as you stop calling stuff "pretentious" we'll do that.
>>
>>151372716
>>151372803

>Pretentious: Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed

>A guy is thinking
>let's take like 15 min with a parade around him like he's making the discovery of the century.
>>
>>151372858
Sorry, did you want the scene to consist of him sitting in a chair speaking directly to the camera?
>>
>>151372940
You can do it like the monogatari series, where they just talk most of the time yet it doesn't give that impression.
>>
>>151372431
The same characters?
Explain.
>>
File: Houtarou_in_deep_thought_-_Ep_4.png (322KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
Houtarou_in_deep_thought_-_Ep_4.png
322KB, 650x365px
>>151372858
Hmm, the protagonist of a mystery show has fancy visuals flying around him to convey an epiphany.

Wait a minute, that trope...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>151373069
Are you unironically implying that people don't constantly accuse Monogatari of pretentiousness?
>>
>>151373069
>You can do it like the monogatari series
Now we're talking real pretentiousness.
>>
>>151373130
Have you seen M.D. house? you don't need fancy visuals to represent an epiphany

also >>/v/

>>151373149
>>151373181
So you guys are a case of
>what I like is pretentious but what I like is not.

ok
>>
File: saku_03.jpg (66KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
saku_03.jpg
66KB, 1024x576px
>>151373368
Nigga it's anime, if you can include fancy visuals then you should.
Another one to help you realise it's a common trope and not pretentious at all.
>>
>>151373368
I didn't say that Monogatari was pretentious, but it doesn't really matter because you've never done anything to fulfill the definition. How does the scene you're referencing pretend to have greater depth than it actually does?
>>
>>151367283
Japan has a low standard of writing because they can't come up with a good story. Just because it won an award doesn't mean it's GOOD. Even their most famous literature classic is basically a generic harem story.
>>
>>151373481
That scene is just there to let the viewer know the magnitude of the bone she has just popped over dem bones.
>>
File: 1460225837413.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1460225837413.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>151371465
>being so much of a pseud that such a simple metaphor sounds pretentious to you
>>
>>151373717
It wasn't a metaphor senpai.
>>
>>151373104
It's an adaptation of novel's sequel.
>>
File: tatamipurple.jpg (110KB, 1064x596px) Image search: [Google]
tatamipurple.jpg
110KB, 1064x596px
>>151371016
He's not talking abot her smile, you mongoloid. The smile is the crack in the fortress. She's not supposed to smile easily yet she smiled in front of him. That's why it left an impression in him. Because he had a glance at her soft, hidden, side.
>>
>>151373872
Actually it's a prequel. The girl is not Akashi and the guy is not Watashi though, it just happens in the same university (that's why Higuchi appears).
>>
>>151373791
It is.
>>
I fucking hate people use "pretentious" to criticize any kind of stories.

Pretentiousness will always be an impression from the viewers who tried to guess the intention of the writer, which is just a subjective feeling that you can never verify, unless the writer himself flat out saying "Yeah I was pretending to be deep when I wrote this."

There's no meaning in judging writer's intention, let alone using it as critisicism.

Same with all those "deepfag bait", "waifu bait".

What now? If there's a likable girl in a story, then the author must be doing some kind of baiting?

Might as well call any kind of sad momment in a story, "tragedyfag bait".
There's something happy happening for the MC, "wish-fulfillmentfag bait".
>>
>>151374948
>which was like
There. Not a metaphor.
Learn your rhetorical figures before trying to sound smart.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.