[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck was his problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1276.jpg (83KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1276.jpg
83KB, 853x480px
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>151355158
The girl was underage.
>>
I guess he preferred his eggs scrambled
>>
He knew exactly what was in the egg and couldn't allow the girl to live with her disillusionment much longer. Through breaking the egg he was able to show her truth and thus "liberate" her.

The whole thing is about losing ones religion, in particular Christianity.
>>
>>151355158
he looks really cool
>>
File: snapshot20090209142117.jpg (136KB, 704x420px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20090209142117.jpg
136KB, 704x420px
>>151356406

>The whole thing is about losing ones religion, in particular Christianity.

No, you can interpret it in many ways and that appears to be yours. I view the movie as an allegory to the rapture and Christ liberating people from their superstitions to let them focus again on the important parts of religion.
>>
>>151356529
>>151356406
These are very different interpretations.
I'm just going to say that now
>>
>>151356529
This one makes the most sense because he literally was carrying the cross.
>>
>>151356529
>>151356717
Also he used the cross to break the egg
>>
File: IMG_1267.gif (2MB, 395x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1267.gif
2MB, 395x313px
>>151356406
IN THE CORNER!
>>
File: what u gonna do white boi.jpg (93KB, 853x440px) Image search: [Google]
what u gonna do white boi.jpg
93KB, 853x440px
i didn't understand a shit, but the art was really awesome
>>
>>151355158
He's supposed to be Jesus Christ. As everybody knows he's the only one allowed to lay eggs on Easter, that "angel" was actually satan.
>>
>>151356529
except the whole thing was done while the director was going through a disillusionment with Christianity...
>>
File: scramble.jpg (71KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
scramble.jpg
71KB, 640x413px
>>151356042
>>
>>151358287
>a disillusionment with Christianity
So did the Protestants but they didn't abandon it either, did they?
>>
>>151358466
Oshii did though
>>
>>151358514
That is true, though Oshii has stated before even he doesn't know what the movie is about, where the before mentioned multiple interpretations come in. He also co-wrote it with someone else so it's debatable how much of the story is actually his own, and Oshii has shown again and again with his philosophical works that he can be very openminded and allow interpretation up to the viewer instead of hamfisting in a message, so his abandonment of the Christian religion might only have set him off to do an exploratory and almost unbiased work on Christianity.
>>
>>151358894
So his leaving of christianity allowed to write a story painting christianity in a good light if that's the story you found with all the information?

I can buy that
>>
>>151359177
From what I hear of people who leave an organized religion, they usually do so as a consequence of the nonsense and superstitions surrounding it. Though an organized religion should reinforce a connection to a higher power, it can actually do the reverse for a lot of people. Angel's Egg might have been Oshii's attempt to express that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.