[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Subaru and Kazuma switched shows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 21

File: 1469010539868.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469010539868.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
What if Subaru and Kazuma switched shows?
>>
Konosuba would be pretty boring because Subaru isn't funny and Re:zero would still be hot garbage.
>>
>>151344862
Then Re:Zero would be good.
>>
Kazuma would be a peasant somewhere.
While Subaru would actually had decent life because based Aqua-Sama would be there to help him.
>>
>>151344902
Hell no, without his reliable harem around him he'd be worse than Subaru.
>>
>>151344862
Do they keep
Abilities or not?????
>>
>>151344862
Konosuba party with Subaru: They get wiped out from existence in the first dungeon.
Reddit:Zero with Kazuma: immortal shenanigans master being based as fuck
>>
>>151345050
Kazuma wouldn't have magic or skills though.
He'd be regular Kazuma, easy to kill by not even being hit by a slow moving object.
>>
File: 1481049383391.jpg (439KB, 864x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481049383391.jpg
439KB, 864x1200px
>>151344862
Depends how well Kazuma can resist love spells placed on him by a Witch. It also depends on how good of a father he is and how willing he is to go through hell and back for fucked up individuals.
>>
>>151345232
trashzuma is a pedophiles though, he is liable to molest them instead. That's if they don't kill him first.
>>
>>151344862
Subaru would have a more enjoyable experience since Konosuba world isn't really all that bad if your personality isn't shitty

with Kazuma would take Re:Zero shit in stride since he isn't a retard that constantly gets involved in people's shit for no reason he will avoid the half-elf, use the groundhog day ability to get rich quick and find a good home to spend the rest of his days.
>>
>>151345232
Can Kazuma even resist love spells? I know Subaru is struggling with it right now.
>>
>Thinking Kazuma will be an intelligent genius with a written language barrier and no friends
He's way worse than Subaru at his low points though, and with way less reason to complain.
>>
Kazuma would be dead or a peasant. Subaru would be working his way towards defeating the demon king and wouldn't be so emo because RPG skill system would let him actually be useful.
>>
>>151345050
Why not Redditsuba?
>>
>>151345232
Who's the girl sitting on his shoulders?
>>
>>151344862
Konosuba loses it's straight man and Re:Zero would be 25 episodes of Kazuma staying at an inn before everything freezes over.
>>
>>151346556
find a single person in this thread that said Kazuma was intelligent
>>
>>151344862
Re:Zero would be good and Konosuba would be bad.
>>
Kazuma won't bother himself involved with Emilia
>>
Keep in mind that the only reason why Kazuma is suffering was because he choose a useless goddess as a hero boon out of pettiness when he could have chosen literally anything else.

Subaru would just end up being another Mitsurugi
>>
File: 1471696947906.png (270KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
1471696947906.png
270KB, 500x696px
>>151345050
Basically this, except more reasonable.

Subaru wouldn't get wiped; he'd do alright.
Kazuma wouldn't just win; he'd do very well.
>>
>>151344862
i haven't seen either yet which one should i watch?
>>
>comical retard from comedy gold show in world where people die if they are killed
vs
>realistic NEET in comedy gold world of retards
>>
>>151346747
They're completely different from each other. Konosuba is a comedy while re:zero is more serious.
>>
>>151346747
try to make your own decisions or ask your mom
>>
>>151346630
Meili, the child soldier
>>
>>151344980
>>151346604

Kazuma would definitely be more self-interested using the reset ability to gain money and power for himself and not really caring about others
>>
>>151344862
Kazuma will die sooner or later. Subaru life will suck more than hell.

> Subaru: Yay! I finally get a happy ending to this matte-...
> Aqua: Resurrection!!!
> Subaru: Fuuuucccccccc-.....
>>
>>151346833
Would he have the return by death though? If he does then he's all set because time reversal is OP for anyone. If he doesn't then it'll be one boring ass story.
>>
>>151346859
should be a given
only point of Re:Zero is the reset ability
>>
>>151346782
thxs dad
>>
>>151346846
Kazuma gained Aqua by choice

but even if Subaru was forced to tag with Aqua it would still be better due to Subaru's more proactive attitude and the fact that Konosuba's bullshit is more of an annoyance than outright soul-crushing
>>
File: 1479247398711.png (231KB, 550x416px) Image search: [Google]
1479247398711.png
231KB, 550x416px
Would Kazuma even survive Re:Zero? He's be on the forefront of a lot of horrid shit. Which includes him being manipulated by Witches without his knowledge.
>>
>>151346952
>Would Kazuma even survive Re:Zero?
No, but Subaru doesn't either.
>>
>>151346883
Jokes aside, Kazuma will not have knowledge of this ability until he die. And it's not okay to die for normal human being.
>Kazuma grew old and died
>he stuck in his old body forever
>>
>>151344862
Kazuma would have straight up went to rem and try to fuck her, Probably tell everyone to fuck off and probably not even give a shit about the battle for the throne shit.

Subaru would fell in love with aqua at 1st sight, become way more useless then Darkness, Probably try to solve all the town's problems out of kindness and pretty much be the same he is now.

>>151346702
to be fair he didn't think Aqua was going to be a Actual retard.

>>151346747
Watch both so you can shitpost in threads better. theyre both good
>>
>>151346992
>Kazuma would have straight up went to rem and try to fuck her
Shit fanfiction. How he find her?
>>
>>151346992
I'm talking about his sanity, the main goal for a number of people is to mindbreak Subaru into using his RbD for themselves.
>>
>>151346992
yeah but he choose her because he wanted Aqua to suffer not because it would be beneficial.
>>
>>151346992
Why the fuck does everyone assume that Subaru would fall in-love with a girl on first sight?

The reason why SUbaru fell for Emilia is Witch fuckery. Literal witch fuckery. We are talking Emilia as a clone or vessel of Satella and Satella trying to force Subaru to love her.
>>
>>151347035
I mean, he wanted to spite her AND get access to a personal god.

Instead he got access to world's least helpful monkey paw.
>>
I think even the most jaded people would try to prevent Emilia's death in Subaru's shoes. Everyone thinks it's just romance by the first arc but Subaru had every reason to help the only person who wasn't a complete stranger in that world and someone who was rather friendly and willing to give some free information. Especially since she was going to die a brutal death if nothing changed. Yes, not everyone would go about it the same way or try such a hands on approach but I really doubt they would just walk away from the situation completely. It's really standard moralfaggotry on paper and less his elf boner.
>>
>>151347130
>I think even the most jaded people would try to prevent Emilia's death in Subaru's shoes.
Tons social experiments tells otherwise. "Better to not get involved"
>>
>>151347130
yeah but Kazuma is a lazy and petty douche

he would try but ultimately ragequit by the third death. As opposed to the more Chivalrous Subaru who doesn't give up.
>>
File: 1466925688882.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466925688882.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>151347049
Okay first no Satella just so happened to look Exactly like Emilia and Subaru just so happened to have the same feeling he had when he met Emilia when he met Satella and just so happened to have Emilia having extremely deep ties with the Witch cult having her foster parents both beloning to them.

It isn't Witch fuckery.
>>
>>151346976
I'm talking about his sanity, the main goal for a number of people is to mindbreak Subaru into using his RbD for themselves. Like Roswaal and Echidna.
>>
>>151346648
>Magically not get involved with Satella fucking with him
>Magically gaining an extremely successful life
There's not much difference.
>>
>>151347227
those are testaments to his selfishness not his intelligence

he's not that smart but he is selfish as fuck so he won't get too involved in things that will kill him off just because "it's the right thing to do"
>>
File: CrIs7LtVYAAfmJW.jpg (60KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CrIs7LtVYAAfmJW.jpg
60KB, 900x1000px
>>151346630
The girl Subaru held prisoner for a year and convinced to join their faction because of how top-tier dad he is.

This was after Subaru and co. had to fight Elsa and burned her alive. She had this little shaman with her.
>>
>>151344862
After Aqua nearly gets eaten by a giant frog, Subaru's PTSD would kick in and he would be resigned to doing manual labor. Due to Subaru feeling responsible for placing Aqua in that situation, he stops recruiting party members. Megumin never joins as a result.

After multiple deaths, Kazuma finds a way to rob Felt of her possessions, including Emilia's insignia. Felt pawns the possessions and invests his money accordingly to become a decently successful brothel owner, wealthy enough to afford training by knights. By pawning the insignia, Kazuma effectively saves Rem and Emilia. Emilia no longer is a king candidate, and the cult does not attack clown's manor.
>>
>>151347185
>It isn't Witch fuckery.
It is. Let's see. Try to use logic.
>Why Subaru was summoned in this world by WITCH?
first
>Why Subaru has this power? Why he can absorb other powers?
second
>If he don't meet Emilia and fall in love, Re:zero will not happen and everything will be meaningless, even his summoning
third
>>
>>151347289
I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>151347275
Oh it's the beast tamer girl?
>>
>>151347307
Yes
>>
File: 1476681404060.png (282KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1476681404060.png
282KB, 750x1334px
>>151347280
I really wish we have a season 2 just to entail how fucked Subaru is in the situation he's gotten himself into.

Everyone thinks that Subaru has free reign of what he does but nobody can ever be so wrong.
>>
>>151347261
Kazuma's selfish but he's not downright mentally masochistic to his pride that he'll keep ignoring anything that would be a colossal pain in his ass later.
Otherwise, he'd beg to sandbag with a veteran or just keep doing hard labor.
>>
>>151347348
Daily reminder that the clown was responsible for everything that happened in arc 1-3 because he also own a Witch's Gospel.
>>
>>151347168
I don't think something like a bystander effect applies, at least if someone ends up befriending the person who needs help beforehand. They would already be involved enough with this person to feel guilt if they let them slowly walk into their untimely deaths and it wouldn't surprise me if a common reason to put some amount of effort into stopping it was just a way to absolve oneself of feeling guilt. I feel more people would give up past a the second attempt though, content with at least trying.
>>
File: 1465446395366.png (188KB, 296x448px) Image search: [Google]
1465446395366.png
188KB, 296x448px
>>151347348
When is Ram going to leave that wifebeater?

Why didn't Subaru kill him when he had the chance?
>>
>>151347430
I only watched the anime, why is he called a wife beater?
>>
>>151347430
Because he wants Emilia to win the throne. The power vacuum and loss of a lord backing her would be a huge hit to her campaign.
>>
>>151347289
I have read your reasoning and have come to another conclusion: bad writing.
>>
Rezero would actually be amazing if that happened.
>>
>>151347430
>Kill the wifebeater and lose massive firepower and create instability in the faction plus the villages Subaru owns

or

>Keep the wifebeater and use him as a pawn but have to turn a blind eye for his abuse towards Ram and the risk of Roswaal getting her pregnant

Choose.
>>
>>151347441
Because he is literally a wifebeater and the most irredeemable shit you'll ever come across.
>>
>>151347525
A bit vague.
>>
Without all the autistic screeching Subaru does reddit:zero would become more tolerable. Konosuba might be watchable without Kazuma so long as they have roughly the same cast chemistry (though I'm unsure if Subaru has the capacity to play the straight man).
>>
>>151347538
Redditsuba is not better than reddit:zero
>>
File: 59267627.jpg (291KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
59267627.jpg
291KB, 849x1200px
>>151347534
Just think abusive boyfriend plus him being responsible for hiring Elsa, the attack on his own mansion, letting Rem die, Ram's horn getting cut off and the burning of oni village. Then there's the verbal abuse among other things.

The problem is Ram is clinging to him because she got hentai logic'd and has Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>151347576
That's kinda hot.
>>
>>151347576
You also forgot that he's using Ram for eugenics to possess his firstborn to lengthen his lifespan
>>
>>151346706
>Subaru wouldn't get wiped; he'd do alright.
Would he? He's in better physical shape than Kazuma but not nearly as clever or as willing to resort to scumbag tactics to pull out the W. Konosuba is comedy fantasy but its world is about as or even more fucked up than Re:Zero's world. Would he be able to beat the Mobile Fortress Destroyer? If he left the noob city would he and the party be able to handle the stronger threats out there? Aqua is kind of like a safety net but Subaru isn't the charismatic/magnetic hero that Kazuma is. Most of his successes and relationships are built on him having prior experience with other people or the situations at hand. Without Return By Zero he's not that impressive of a guy, honestly.

Kazuma is harder to gauge precisely because of how scummy he is. He could do extremely well for himself or find himself frequently hitting walls.
>>
>>151347633
Subaru pulls some pretty scummy shit to get the upper hand anon. His fight with Gaaf should be a clear indication of that.

>Ask for a fair fight
>Sets traps
>Lured Gaaf into fighting Roswaal
>After Gaaf takes massive damage spring the traps
>Subdue Gaaf
>Subdue Roswaal
>>
Would Subaru fell in love with Aqua or would he think she's not heroine material?
>>
File: 1480307749615.png (154KB, 412x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480307749615.png
154KB, 412x400px
>>151347441
It's hyperbole but also somewhat true. He has a gospel which is basically a very detailed future diary and is kind of a slave to it. He'll even arrange things so they come true for sure. He hired Elsa because it said a mysterious pawn would enter his life through those events.

He deliberately let the attack on Ram and Rem's village happen because muh gospel. "Rescued her" and more or less forced her into a lifelong contract that will only be broken if the gospel is wrong (in case you're wondering, it is wrong when Subaru dies but then things reset. It shows the solution for every arc up until the fourth where Subaru goes out of his way to defy it). Ram is constantly in pain without her horn, exhausted, and needs to be fed mana. No wonder she is so rude, really. He let that happen to her for his keikaku.

He also killed Ram and another character animefags haven't met yet in one failed loop to reveal to Subaru that he knows Toyota has some type of reset power (he doesn't know how it works).
>>
>>151347049
I disagree, he's going through intense levels of
>tfw no gf
at the start of the show, he may be a selfish asshole most of the time but as soon as he realized he was living the dream he was prepared to commit to the first girl that was nice to him.
>>
>>151347633
If we are talking if Subaru enters an actual video game like world he'd rule over no problem. But that's at the cost of him being an utter shitbag.

The reason why Subaru is having such a hard time in Re:Zero is because its an actual fantasy with no stats or skills and shit. He actually has to take the time to learn it instead of automatically gaining a skill or level-up.

Reminder despite that Subaru has literally raised armies before.
>>
>>151347672
This is after he's been around the block a few times. His presumptions about the universe and isekai genre get himself and others killed the first few times. And in KonoSuba he wouldn't have his reset ability, only Aqua's repeated resurrections.

I think he could theoretically do well, sure. But unless he figures out that he needs to scum his way to victory from the very beginning and drops his various complexes he would have an extremely difficult time of it.
>>
>>151344896
fpbp
>>
File: 147576757.png (113KB, 895x935px) Image search: [Google]
147576757.png
113KB, 895x935px
>>151347718
No he seriously is having some weird shit being done to him.

>A dark hand

Like come on.
>>
>>151347718
In a lot of ways he was just using her as a front for chuuni LN fantasies to make up for his old shitty life where he was a useless loser. He was afraid of that happening again because a random servant has no real place in Emilia's "story" and did his stupid stunt at the castle. That's why he said Wilhelm was right about him during his meltdown and in truth was just flailing around to feel good about himself. He threw a bunch of his baggage onto Emilia and she started to represent something. I don't know if the circumstances would repeat themselves but he would have the same baggage.
>>
>>151347759
A lot of Subaru's personal qualities coming out are predicated on him learning from his experiences and deaths/becoming a better person.

And KonoSuba has RPG-like mechanics but it's still a really shitty place to live. You're right in that Subaru would do decently in it so I'd concede on that point but I have a hard time believing he would be capable of beating this iteration of the Demon King. Especially because he's another isekai character who is presumably more heartless than Subaru and with access to more/better resources. Kazuma gets a lot of his own successes in KonoSUba because he doesn't follow the typical isekai protag pitfalls.
>>
>>151347786
I mean, I agree but there wouldn't be much to discuss if we just left it at that.
>>
It's going to be a shitty comedy where the cast come together for some random adventure.
>>
File: CuyHajCVIAEkUbM.jpg (159KB, 831x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CuyHajCVIAEkUbM.jpg
159KB, 831x1200px
>>151347845
If anything Subaru would be more inclined to join the Demon King rather that fight against him. Considering we are talking about the same guy who enjoys the company of Witches.

Though Subaru backstabbing the demon king and taking the crown for himself is another matter.
>>
>>151347538
Subaru is a punching bag as most jokes are made at his expense and can banter, at least his novel counterpart can. The dynamic would be different though and might not work because most of early story Subaru's humor that isn't some banter is acting memey in a world that doesn't support it.
>>
>>151347911
He just said in the latest chapter he had enough of these motherfuckin witches and didn't like them. Grateful that they provided some assistance but still.
>>
>>151347911
Subaru pretty bluntly turned down Echidna once he realized she was an autistic chaotic neutral.
>>
>>151347911
Well, except one Witch.

>Subaru: “That's not really getting to the point or actually no before that...”
>Camilla's manner of speech irks Subaru. Seeing his gaze spontaneously turn harsh, a huge shudder runs through Camilla's body and she winds up hugging her head.
>Camilla: “Sto... d-don't, hit me...”

-----

>Subaru: “Listen to me!!”
>Camilla: “E-everyone's... ganging up, to... pick on me, is what... they're doing. Echidna-chan's ddoing it. She's, is, she's awful... aw... awful.”
>Subaru: “Can you not hear that I'm telling you to listen!!”
>Subaru attempts to shout, when he notices that his lungs are squeezed of air and his voice is frail.
>Notices it, but his lovebent rage is far more important and instantly dispels that fact from his considerations.
>Suffocation was a trivial matter when faced with something so annoying it makes him want to claw at his own chest.
>He'd shut that whiner's mouth, slap her with all the anger and suffering he had, make her comprehend just what she had d—

Poor Carmilla
>>
>>151347963
>>151347972
Well yeah, because he was being used and abused for his RbD and for mentally scarring Beatrice.

If two of those things didn't happen it might've been a completely different outcome.
>>
>>151348008
The demon king would have harmed countless lolis so if he can't stand just one being abused what makes you think he'd side with him?
>>
>>151348029
It depends if that loli is one of his daghterus, other than that its a free Echidna AU.
>>
>>151344862
Realistically Kazuma is much more selfish than Subaru. Things would probably stay the same up in till the first few times Kazuma dies and he would probably just abandon Emilia and the other girls because dying so much for some pussy ain't worth it. Then he would just "invent" some modern technology like he did in the konosuba world and live his life in comfort. Subaru would probably do fine in konosuba;s world too. I bet he wouldn't be spiteful enough to choose Aqua as his cheat item so he'd probably have no chance of beating the demon king (since it seems like Aqua is necessary for that) or forming Kazuma's party but he'd probably choose a standard cheat item and live as one of the rich overpowered guys in Kazuma's world.
>>
>>151348029
Subaru only cares about the people that are close to him and doesn't really give a shit about anyone else.

Like the time he decided to go to sage tower was selfishly for Rem and not the entire city that got slaughtered and disfigured.
>>
>>151348090
Somewhat true. I don't think he doesn't care about them but his motivations always put his social circle first and foremost. I also don't think he's doing it with a lot of conviction or philosophic introspection to the point that he'd never consider the greater good at times.
>>
>>151348090
If that was truly the case he would have contracted with Echidna for her help. He even acknowledged that with her help things would go a lot faster and less deaths would ultimately be used, but he went against it on principal, despite her being a useful ally for helping him get through loops and ultimately save Rem.
>>
>>151348056
He's get fucked up by the Archbishop of Greed though, and unlike Subaru who has knowledge of astrology, Kazuma would never figure out his weakness as his authority of Greed revolves around his name Regulus
>>
>>151347976
She's just playing victim. Even if she doesn't know who she will appear as she knows she's misleading people and attempting sleeping with them. I bet you Echidna didn't even tell her to do anything beyond a pep talk while disguised.
>>
>>151344862
Kazuma will become a rapist
>>
>>151348253
Well I'm not caught up in the LN to know what you're talking about buy he'd be in an infinite loop of Greed killing him if that was the case and even someone with no knowledge at all of his weakness would probably take him down eventually. A monkey probably could if they had infinite tries it'd just take Subaru millions or maybe even trillions of tries. Monkeys and typewriters.
>>
>>151348401
I mean Kazuma not Subaru
>>
>>151348056
Without RPG mechanics it's unlikely scumzuma could do jack shit, including inventing modern tech.
>>
>>151348428
He could. All he did was just use magic as a replacement for electricity to power his inventions and I'm sure he could find something similar in Subaru's world. His inventions didn't really depend on the RPG mechanics it just made it easier on him.
>>
Where to get Re:Zero translation? The goddess only had the first two YP volume. But it looks like you guys had access to latter volume translation.
>>
>>151348465
http://pastebin.com/gWi7LURJ
>>
>>151348534
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>151347963
You do need to consider that Subaru held positive opinions about them before Satella arrived and ruined the Tea party they were having. He called Daphene chill, Echidna reliable, Minerva somewhat of a bro, Typhon alright for company. Dunno what opinions he hold about Sekhmet though. He only disliked Carmilla.

Continuity-wise he dislikes them now but in retrosect enjoys the company of shady figures.
>>
>>151348401
Greed is the most powerful archbishop for a reason anon. It took the combined efforts of Subaru, Emilia and Reinhard to beat him.
Let's start off with Greed's authority. It allows him to time stop himself and objects he comes into contact with. This makes him the hardest thing in existence as well as the sharpest, and only he can affect time stopped shit. This ability also allows him to defy physics to a degree giving him superhuman feats such as enhanced speed, agility and projectile enhancement. However the ability weakness is that it requires a woman for optimal use, as it time stops the heart too. He can use his authority for only 5 seconds at a time when his weakness is triggered
His secondary ability is small king, this allows him to alleviate the heart weakness by sharing his heart with women he considers "married to him". He can do this to multiple women, and his wives must be in close proximity for the ability to work. Any random female can fall prey to this ability
>>
>>151344991
>Kazuma's harem
>reliable
They only get things done by sheer coincidence and comedic timing. If he were surrounded by more competent people like the key players in Re:Zero he'd break the story immediately by savescumming like a motherfucker.
>>
>>151349013
He's like that fat faceless man marrying everyone's waifu meme come to life.
>>
>>151349190
I don't know if he would. People say they would but it's another thing to actually be faced with it. It's probably very demoralizing and ego crushing to kill yourself and is equivalent of trying to breathe in water or wetting yourself deliberately. Actually kind of hard and likely not good for your mental health. Having to rebuild all your flags and relationships over several days or more every time is not fun. RbD is almost designed to humble or degrade you (if you try to use it as a regular cheat power) and I don't know if Kazuma would truly be immune to that. But the real question is if he can get in the key players' good graces to start with.
>>
>>151349577
Kazuma has died in more horrible ways than Subaru.

Subaru has always kept his manhood intact before he died.

Meanwhile, Kazuma has experienced being slowly digested in a Hydra's stomach with his dick and balls being melted off fast.
>>
>>151344862
It's really simple actually. Subaru lives in a tragic world while Kazuma lives in a comical one so Subaru would have a much easier time while Kazuma would have a much more difficult experience.

But both have shown multiple times that they are resourceful enough to take advantage of the laws in each of their worlds.

It would be the best shit ever if their was a crossover though.
>>
>>151346952
Subaru would be eaten by a Giant Frog on the first day.

There's also the Dullahan and Mobile Fortress Destroyer.

Also, Jack Frost when winter arrives.
>>
>>151347049
Aqua is a Goddess.

A Goddess is by default more divine and attractive than a mere witch.

Hell, the Olympian Gods if revealed in their full form pretty much caused any mortal to glance at them to immediately die from the sight.
>>
>>151347175
Kazuma has common sense.

He won't keep dying for a complete stranger.

Maybe if Emilia was the not blood related imouto he always demanded his parents to give him, he might keep dying for Emilia.

However, Emilia is not an imouto character type,
>>
File: 1481817823504.png (1MB, 1053x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1481817823504.png
1MB, 1053x1001px
Kazuma would not have thrown his life over for a slut he barely knows

He wouldn't try save someone that killed him once and tried again
>>
The only reason Subaru was able to accomplish anything is because he happened to die a bunch and figure out his return by death thing.
Kazuma probably wouldn't have died, at least for a while.
He wouldn't have had any major effect on anything in that world, so all the people Subaru saved would have died for sure.
>>
>>151347538
Subaru lacks the mean factor.

Kazuma can actually be very mean to the girls and vice versa.
>>
>>151347633
Kazuma successfully did construction work without being laid off.

Don't underestimate bricklaying.
>>
>>151347672
Subaru won't have his Return by Death ability in KonoSuba.

He can't make enemies forget that they met Subaru before in KonoSuba.

Also, there are many times when Aqua prefers running away instead of helping.
>>
>>151347759
Kazuma has organized large parties without any problem.

Also, Kazuma has succeeded in being a community organizer to hold a town festival.
>>
>>151349699
Most of his death is painless and he got to meet his favourite girl upon death, that's why he don't get any PTSD from dying.

Subaru has a comparatively shitty rez mechanisms and Satella is nowhere near as relaxing/nice as Eris-Sama.
>>
>>151349776
Subaru would give a heroic monologue to the Dullahan rhat would be so long and contrived that it would just leave. As long as he had Megumin and Aqua the mobile fortress wouldn't be too bad either.
>>
File: 1477210598973.png (107KB, 280x276px) Image search: [Google]
1477210598973.png
107KB, 280x276px
>>151349699
>Subaru has always kept his manhood intact before he died

Oh you poor anon
>>
>>151348428
Kazuma is actually pretty smart.

He experimented with many materials before attempting to find a substitute for TNT in the KonoSuba world.

Kazuma at least practices the Scientific Method.
>>
>>151349577
Kazuma tends to be less invested in relationships compared to Subaru so I think he'd have no trouble with forming attachments and then discarding them. He's also had his fair share of horrific deaths and tends to be nonchalant about it compared to Subaru. Definitely wouldn't go into an autistic coma but might just get sick of it and give up for a while.
>>
File: Cyw4_AbUsAAuVgD.jpg (121KB, 848x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Cyw4_AbUsAAuVgD.jpg
121KB, 848x1123px
>>151349776
I can see him fighting against that. I don't see how can Kazuma fight against Oousagi without Beatrice's help though. Good luck trying to solo that unkillable monstrosity without being the father-figure for that loli
>>
>>151347049
I'd like for it to be Witch fuckery, but even if it is they're just going to pull a "Well I love you now FOR REAL" at the end. Its just a thinly veiled excuse to use isekai tropes while proclaiming superiority to them (just like all of Re:zero).
>>
>>151350260
Kazuma is a lolicon.

When raiding the castle in Konosuba, the alarms were set off because Kazuma saw Comic LO in the Royal Treasury and just had to grab it.
>>
>>151350327
Yeah, Kazuma will never pass the sixth day of Sanctuary then.
>>
>>151350369
Hikaru Genji Plan.
>>
>>151350320
Actually he already did that to Emilia at the end of arc 4 but backpedals hard again because of the oni. Also the fact that Emilia has visions of "impending disaster" for when Rem wakes up entails this will be not the case.

Then there is the fact that Emilia loses her "heroine" status in arc 10 with a series of 11 arcs if that isn't bleak enough so no.
>>
>>151350402
If you think that will work against Oousagi then you really don't know what he's up against.
>>
>>151350428
Sorry, what was the point of this post?
>>
>>151350461
Well I'm simply disproving the statement you think Tappei is gonna pull "Well I lub you for realsies now"
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>151347633
>charismatic
>>
>>151349699
Subaru had his ass literally eaten out, and presumably his dick and balls along with the rest of his body.
>>
>>151350490
So you don't think the end will be "Well I lub you for realisies" with Emilia and Subaru?
>>
>>151350545
If anything the end of this series is a rather bleak one. Most likely having the cast drop off one by one before reaching the end of the series. Some people are actually unsure if even Subaru himself will be "alive" till the end of the series. It is called a heartwarming tragedy after-all.
>>
>>151350545
Nah. Just like Tappei said "No heroines will survive"
>>
>>151350428
>Emilia loses her "heroine"
>>151350633
>Tappei said "No heroines will survive"

Wow, how unexpectedly convenient.
>>
>/a/ still pretends to hate Re:Zero
>>
>>151350665
Indeed. It also doesn't help that Emilia is already showing signs jealousy.
>>
>Sorry, I have a policy of doing 0 good deeds per day
And Coolzuma wanders off to go get a job painting houses or some shit
>>
>>151350728
it has an interesting premise but the writing is pretty meh and the anime doesn't make it to the parts which explain things that first appear to be coincidental/deus ex machinas
>>
>>151351175
Wouldn't the witch bitch forcibly push him into the plot, assuming he takes Subaru's place and powers?
>>
File: Crossover.jpg (167KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Crossover.jpg
167KB, 856x1200px
Reminder that it's going to be a thing in the collaboration book most likely.

Or maybe they'll settle in a single world for the whole deal.
>>
>>151350082
So has Subaru to celebrate the birth of Spica, by convincing an entire town to throw a parade for one person being born.

But raising an army is another matter. We are talking about seige warfare and crusades here. Not to mention he didn't just gather an army, he also helmed the front and lead them as their combat strategist and tactician.
>>
>>151351176
Well the tag mystery and thriller is there for a reason anon. Plus I thought the writing was pretty damn good actually, what are your complaints about the writing?
>>
>>151351380
I just think Subaru acts retarded, even given his circumstances. And before you prattle off about his death PTSD and shit, he literally pretended to be in a coma for attention.

I know there's explanations for a lot of shit in the LNs, so I try not to criticize the anime too hard.
>>
>>151351460
Not him, I thought it was pretty clear in the infamous confession scene that Subaru harbored no love for himself, and that's a huge reason why he was and still kinda is retarded.
>>
>>151351201
She could certainly try. Even if a group of thugs told him to get his ass back in the plot, he would do as little as possible before running away.
>>
>>151351212
Very jarring. That's some uncanny valley shit.
>>
File: 18.png (644KB, 727x1066px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
644KB, 727x1066px
>>151351460
I really do wish they added Subaru's internal monolouges and though about this.

Also he didn't pretend to be in a coma, he just sort of gave up. He sat there thinking "if I just do nothing maybe everything will blow over kind of deal" since he tried a bunch of stuff beforehand to prevent the events of arc 3 from happening. Plus him having no love for himself attribute to why he memes so hard. As of arc 4 that mask has long since broke though and Subaru becomes pretty based, albeit a little insane considering he gives no shits if he loses an eye, arm and three fingers if it means gaining more information for a loop.
>>
>>151351672
He's truthfully isn't a cynic like you tried to portray him to be.

He is a shitty tsundere that, like Subaru, would do anything to the first girl that show him affection.
>>
>>151351593
Really? I thought everything Subaru is doing past arc 3 is reasonable.
>>
>>151351871
He still needs someone to propel him forward, he has grown but the fact that he ''forces'' upon himself to live for another person makes him not the most emotionally stable person. I still love him, and as a character to drive a story forwards there isn't anything I can complain about. Mind you I'm reading the chicken tl's. While I appreciate summaryanon's work, I don't want anything less than the full experience.
>>
>>151351721
There's a difference between "Someone has to save her" and "I have to save her." Subaru eventually learns that as well.
>>
File: 1478989456725.jpg (224KB, 728x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1478989456725.jpg
224KB, 728x1160px
>>151351672
>>151351713
About him acting clownish I never watch the anime but was this scene ever included? I'm talking about the WN part of it when Priscilla calls him out on it.
>>
>>151352057
No
>>
File: 14657548.png (88KB, 890x876px) Image search: [Google]
14657548.png
88KB, 890x876px
>>151352057
Not at all just like how they didn't include Subaru's thoughts when talking to Wilhelm for the first time in arc 3. It was supposed to show how Subaru was using Wilhelm to extract more info about the world but instead they made him look like a retard in the anime.
>>
>>151351713
>Subaru missing an eye

They didn't include that in the LN by the way. I'm going to miss all of his bad eye jokes, I enjoyed his bad taste of humor.
>>
>>151352972
Well Subaru always had bad taste in humor. It wasn't really exclusively to his missing eye albeit I will also miss the banter about his missing eye as well.
>>
>>151347385
And 4. 4 is Clown fuckery the arc.
>>
>>151350527
>>151350206
>Re:Zero muh edgy gore pissing contest
>>
>>151353330
Really if you're gonna do that say that to the guy who started it.
>>
>>151344862
Re:Zero at least would be radically different. Subaru's motivation throughout everything was to protect Emilia and get underneath her skirt, while Kazuma would just find her intensely annoying.
>>
>>151350728
I actually find the people defending Re:Zero a bit obnoxious.
>Oh you poor soul (this nigga don't know about Subaru's death)
>ha! don't you know my chuuni villain is the bestest and evilest guy there is?!
Calm the fuck down.
>>
>>151353751
>ha! don't you know my chuuni villain is the bestest and evilest guy there is?!
Who the fuck is this even supposed to be? You're bad at strawmen.

Plus in this thread, the 'who died worse' was started by some Konosuba faggot.
>>
>>151353531
My bad, I found the guy who said "Oh you poor anon" a bit arrogant. As if learning that knowledge is the essence of humanity.
>>
>>151353751
All LNfags are like that.

Then one finally convinces you to read it, and its garbage.
>>
>>151353593
It depends if Kazuma inherits Subaru's RbD and Satella influence. If Kazuma does though there is no chance at all that he would not fall for Emilia.
>>
>>151353751
Sure blame the fire for burning rather than the guy who lit it why don't you?

People who defend Konosuba aren't any better with your one-ups and powerlevel shit. As well as "our hikkineet is so scummy he be the greatest guy to ever live!"
>>
>>151353970
Kazuma needs to inherit RbD or the story doesn't work. Provided he follows Emilia around at all for the semblance of the same plot he would die instantly to Elsa just like Subaru did.

More than likely, even with RbD Kazuma would take Subaru's idea from early on and just go try and forge his own life somewhere, which would have similar results to how well that worked in Konosuba.
>>
>>151354166
I doubt that since you'd be under basically under a love spell or something similar to that at that point just like Subaru was. Then there is also the fact the clown's gospel is a thing. With him hiring Elsa in arc 1 to hunt Subaru down and all of that.
>>
>>151354066
At least you don't see someone making a wall of text about the demon generals. What was that? The madara uchiha copy pasta? Are you guys so insecure about your series you have defend every intricate detail even though it's unnecessary? Actually, Re:Zero's alright. I don't know why I dislike it so much when I like shit like Index and Fate. It probably just takes itself seriously for its kind of series and wraps itself in edge.
>>
>>151354276
Reminder its not love spell, there is just some sort of witch fuckery or alternate personality going on behind the scenes as to why Subaru is attracted to Emilia. Scince when SUbaru met Satella who looked exactly like Emilia he wants to hate her but can't bring himself to do so.

Plus Roswaal didn't hire Elsa to hunt Subaru down but it was to lure Subaru into his domain.
>>
>>151353807
That felt more in vein of a joke anon, don't take everything so seriously.
>>
>>151354402
Re:Zero doesn't actually takes itself that seriously. Subaru is a meme loving fucking. Its fans are just excessively autistically defensive.
>>
File: 1465689826697.jpg (175KB, 683x797px) Image search: [Google]
1465689826697.jpg
175KB, 683x797px
>>151354402
What are we just gonna sit here and let people shittalk about an aspect of the series that they are objectively wrong at? If you wanted a circle-jerk then go somewhere else. Re:Zero has its flaws, that's fine but at least point it remotely close to the right direction about it.
>>
>>151354523
>Re:Zero doesn't actually takes itself that seriously.
>Serious character drama
>Doesn't take itself seriously
There are moments of levity and side chapters tend to be silly fun, but I don't know how you don't think the series is serious.
>>
>>151354645
Its not a parody like Konosuba, but its Berserk levels of serious. People play up the "oh subaru suffers so much" but he comes back anyway so who fucking cares? No one important died (for real) throughout the entire anime.

Subaru continues to sperg his way through everything essentially through trial and error. If you actually judge the series from what happens, its no more serious than, say, O;9 or Trickster or any other C-list anime that airs. Its fans just want to be serious so they go on and on and on about how Subaru "suffers so deeply" but its just words on a page that get retconned by his superpower anyway so its irrelevant.
>>
>>151354884
Its not Berserk levels of serious*
>>
I'm Konosubafag and I find dumbass trying to argue powerlevelwise or edgewise in favour of Konosuba to be utterly dumb.

It's a comedy dummy, stop taking it so seriously, you sounds very chuuniish.
>>
Literally nothing will change
>>
>>151344862
Kazuma would probably loose his mind in no time honestly.
But well he wouldn't make some of the more autistic choices like being infuriated with a random stanger in the begining.

But if he gets caught up in all those insane events he would definitely shit his pants and wouldn't be able to handle it as 'well' as subaru(Thanks autism).

I mean we're talking about a guy who died from a heart attack or something by getting scared. He's a small fry from a parody LN and thats it.
>>
>>151349835
If Kazuma is also affected by the Witch, then he'd probably also keep dying for said complete stranger.
>>
>>151356735
Kazuma doesn't give a single fuck, even with the witch's curse he'd have an easier time in Subaru's place because he would just go with the flow and probably savescum way harder.

Subaru suffers quite a bit from internal struggles, but Kazuma is more confident despite being a huge nerd. Depending on what his magical alignment is, he might also have an upper hand.
>>
Well who's gonna write it? I can see the Konosuba author giving Subaru an easier time.
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.