[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I grew some interest in Kinnikuman, should I watch the anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 11

I grew some interest in Kinnikuman, should I watch the anime or read the manga?
>>
Personally I'd recommend the manga.
The anime is mediocre and the pacing is all out of wack due to them adding more gag bits in the middle of fights. I also dislike how the artwork never really tries to match the look of the manga, unlike the Ramenman anime.
The voice cast and music is great though, just sort of gone to waste

Although a few things to note if you don't know already.

-The series starts out as a really corny gag manga. It's ok for what it is but it eventually hits an experimental phase where the authors are trying out different tones and themes, as well as visuals. It can be hit or miss.
Kinnikuman starts to find its place at around the battle against Warsman.

-The translation for the last arc is quite awful, especially towards the second half of it.
It's incredibly stiff and fill with redundancies, a bit rough to read since it's about the same as a polished google translation. Plus the translator thought it was a good idea to include long walls of text bitching about the story.

-There is a current arc going on that started in 2011, some fans are hard at work translating volumes of it whenever possible. They've got 9 of the Revival Series volumes out so far and the translation quality is a hell of a lot better than the series has gotten so far.
Look for Hercules Factory on tumblr

The series is one of the forefathers of battle-shounen manga, so it's definitely worth a look.
>>
Both

And buy figures and merchandising.
>>
>>151342844
Would be nice if they made some games for it that weren't pachislot or mobile.

I'd love to support the series with some of that.
Looking forward to getting that S.H Figurearts Terryman though
>>
File: 535_2.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
535_2.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
>>151342938
i wish there was a kinnikuman muscle grand prix 3 instead of that pachinslot for it's 35th anniversary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDFX-iBG_kw
maybe they could put thunder and lightning, psychoman, silverman.
and i still wished omegaman appeared in the fighting games, he was so cool
>>
File: kinnikugief.jpg (226KB, 849x941px) Image search: [Google]
kinnikugief.jpg
226KB, 849x941px
>>151342576
Thanks, i was thinking of reading the manga while listening to the anime ost, didn't know it was continued in 2011.
I already knew about how the tone changed as the series passed, i watched the show when i was a kid (but I barely remember it)

>>151343140
Speaking of Kinnikuman games, what other games are good besides muscle grand prix 2?
>>
File: father of the year.jpg (188KB, 750x1184px) Image search: [Google]
father of the year.jpg
188KB, 750x1184px
>>151343273
the wrestling simulator ones are pretty good, the cheesy trash talk and the so bad it's funny voice acting are a plus
sunshine voice actor is pretty goat though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHNPZl3BTXU
>>
>>151343140
A 3rd Muscle Grand Prix is desperately needed.
So many characters have never made it into games that really should have by the second one (Omegaman, Mammothman, heck Bikeman was cool) as well as a good portion of the Large Numbers and Perfect Origin. Some Nisei dudes would be great too.

Shame they had Akira Kushida make music for a darn pachislot game, hell there is a second song that I've yet to find for it.

>>151343273
The wrestling games are pretty great, although I've only tried Generations on the PS2. The Gamecube game plays exactly the same though, just with a smaller roster and a shitty 4Kids dub and story.
>>
File: Diabolos.gif (1MB, 1428x1797px) Image search: [Google]
Diabolos.gif
1MB, 1428x1797px
Who /diabolos/ here?
>>
File: 119.png (722KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
119.png
722KB, 760x1200px
>>151344489
They make a great team.
>>
>>151344489
it's amazing how both springman and stecasse king shot up in my favorites ranking in the revival series.
>>
File: snegatoys.jpg (319KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
snegatoys.jpg
319KB, 600x657px
>>151344905
Springman successfully pulling off the Longhorn Train while falling apart was incredible.

If they were to ever animate this arc, that is one of the scenes I'd look forward to watching.
>>
>>151344905
>>151344905
I love how they are best friends
>>
File: thisimageisfromtumblr.png (118KB, 821x843px) Image search: [Google]
thisimageisfromtumblr.png
118KB, 821x843px
>>151344489
>>151344773
>>151344905

>Liking disgusting Katou Choujin
Black Hole is bae.
>>
>>151345483
>not liking the based Katou Choujin
>>
>>151345612
>Liking literal cancer
Also holy shit Strong the Budo for Kinnikuman Muscle Fight, fuck yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvn5b2Dyz_Q
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tswjhdaUg7c
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.