[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every isekai nowadays built on MMORPG elements?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1460369480696.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1460369480696.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
Why is every isekai nowadays built on MMORPG elements?
>>
>>151264791
Couple of reasons: first you can make something however stupid up and just say "that how game work" second games are pretty popular so the MMORPG theme pulls a lot of normies into anime and lastly it got pretty popular after shows like SAO or Log Horizon went big so everyone tries to get some free moneyskinda like the zombie survival theme in games
>>
Do people really have so little imagination they have to fantasize about playing a game?
What happened to wanting to be a pilot or a scientist? Is that lame and gay now?
>>
>>151264791
SAO
>>
Worldbuilding is a pain in the ass. That's why time-travel and video game worlds are so popular; the laws of nature are pre-built and familiar to the audience.
>>
File: 131474324021.jpg (112KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
131474324021.jpg
112KB, 402x402px
>>151267142
Are you implying what I think you're implying? That millenials are more familliar with MMOs than real life?
>>
Most of the authors nowadays played/watched .hack when they were teens and thought they could do it better.
>>
>enjoy some isekai anime
>/a/ says they are like mmorpgs
>check a video because interested
>mmorpgs are pure garbage
stop lying on the internet
>>
Most people can relate to MMORPGS so it makes the experience more enjoyable.
>>
>>151267510
OP is asking about isekai. It's a short thread, please read it.
>>
>>151264791
neets closest thing to socialize is 2ch and mmo.
>>
>>151267994
This is the future you chose.
>>
>>151264791
Because its a fun and original idea or at least it was before we had a thousand of them and most of them were trash, blame the market not the idea itself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.