[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this show so well-received by normies? It practically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Why was this show so well-received by normies? It practically dragged anime out of obscurity when it aired.
>>
>>151182839
Because it isn't as bad as some of /a/ says and it is an anime about games with a plot of "saving the one love" while being the strongest badass.
It is like a action movie with a game theme and cute girls, normies love this stuff and they forget it fast
>>
>>151182839

Because 1-15 was pretty good and maybe normies didnt watch it till the end or they thought the beginning is so good, that the second part didn't ruin it for them
>>
It's your usual 5/10 anime but was popular because it was a trapped in a video game setting. It wasn't the first trapped in a video game but it was new at that time, and it had a cool protagonist so normalfags ate it up.
>>
I love how anime e-celebs still make videos hating on SAO. Easy views, I suppose.
>>
>>151182839
SAO gave fanboys their wish fulfillment like Twilight is to fangirls
>>
Because it's not as bad as you think it is.
>>
>>151182839
why isn't it popular here ? all of the the girls were cute and sexy
>>
The premise is an easy hook for the kind of normies willing to give one of these Jap cartoons a chance: "gamers" or someone who has simply played a video game before.
>>
>normies
>>
>>151182839
TOTAL BADASS blank slate mary sue protagonist who actually has a libido.

No, I'm serious, I've asked friends why they like SAO so much and what I gathered from it is that it's wish fulfilment where the watcher feels powerful through Kirito coupled with a love story that actually goes somewhere before the very end.

Then again, the people I know are the kind who think that powering up is the same as character development and that a character that we see getting stronger is a good character as opposed to actually having any sort of depth or being relatable. It's the kind of people who hate stories like OPM only and only because the protagonist doesn't grow in power or cunning. I don't know if all normies think like that.
>>
>>151182839
>It practically dragged anime out of obscurity when it aired.
That was Dragon Ball Z, anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.