[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drifters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Katanas are really strong, aren't they? How can these otherworlders and elves even compete?
>>
>>151180850
>katana cuts through sword
meh depends on the metalurgical level of the loca-
>katana cuts through dwarf made sword
FUCK RIGHT OFF!
>>
>>151181470
Yeah, no idea why that namefag of an OP didn't mention that these swords were made by dwarves´.
>>
>>151181511
I'm still in episode 2, as you can see in the picture I used.
>>
>>151181470
They were concentration camp dwarves though, so they werent smithing seriously.
>>
File: XNiCN2S.gif (2MB, 387x217px) Image search: [Google]
XNiCN2S.gif
2MB, 387x217px
>>151180850
Should have gotten themselves some german longswords then.
>>
>>151181600
No anon, the nipponese steel is just too strong for fantasy craftsmanship.
>>
jojo reference: the anime
>>
>>151181600
How did the humans take over every single race anyways?

>>151181629
But can german longswords slice off bodies in half? Yeah, I didn't think so.
>>
>>151181791
>How did the humans take over every single race anyways?
It wasn't really the humans, the humans were in shit condition before Hitler came. It's a drifter that put them on top. Also the dwarves and elves didn't team up, that made it easier.
>>
>>151181858
You could say the old "When dwarves were gettin' killed, I didn't protest for I'm no dwarf. When we elves gettin' fucked, there was noone left to stand for me" thing.
>>
>>151181791
I guess the logic that he was able to last against the world even though it was the generals for the most part
>>
>>151181470
Makes you think though, what would a japanese dwarf do?
>>
File: 1481390940304.png (1MB, 1300x861px) Image search: [Google]
1481390940304.png
1MB, 1300x861px
>>151180850
>katana cuting a dwatf sword
I'm done
>>
>>151180850
>>151181600
>>151181511
>>151181663
>>151182172
There is a part in the manga where the dwarves try to fix his sword and they are confused by the folding of it. Ever think that maybe their current stuff aint up to par yet/and or better?
>>
>>151182340
If they haven't seen such a weapon before than there is a good reason for being confused. Doesn't have anything to do with it's quality, but I can't think of any weapon that was made the same way, with its several layers of different steel. They might just not get why you would make a weapon this way.
>>
>>151182340
they replicated the barrel of a rifle in less than a day
your argument is invalid
>>
>>151182469
Different issue.
Making the barrel of a medieval japanese rifle is just a matter of shaping iron into the correct form and making sure it's crafted finely enough to not have any imperfections which would interfere with firing.

Folding steel is actually a fairly advanced metallurgy technique. It's one of those needlessly complex things that only arose because there was an extreme necessity in making the most out of Japan's shitty iron and involves a lot of chemistry. It wouldn't be terribly surprising that a culture in an abundance of natural resources would be unfamiliar with something that specialized.
>>
>>151182462
Damask steel also made in layers
>>
>>151182680
Right, thanks.
>>
>>151182469
The barrel of a flintlock they made didn't have any rifling so it's basically a thick metal tube that's been quenched and tempered, not easy to make but definitely not as hard to make as a katana is.
>>
Dark King is Jesus, right?
>>
>>151181600
>so they werent smithing seriously.

> Craft a sword to save your life or die

> so they werent smithing seriously.

anon
>>
>>151182340
they werent confused by it,
they were disgusted by it
>>
>>151182613
desu this
japs had to make their version of crucible steel from gook black sand, which is one of the hardest processes to replicate, not to mention the separation of high carbon steel and low carbon steel bloom and stacking that shit up into billets further forged into bars further stack and forged into a katana.
They went through so much shit to make one of those things it probably cost as much as a tank costs now back then
>>
>>151182845
Yeah it is Jesus.
>>
>>151181629
ahhh, the legends and mythos of the German str.....O wait HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>151181791
>But can german longswords slice off bodies in half?
that's what they were made for
>>
>>151183014
And they still couldn't slice bodies in half.
Based Nippon katanas.
>>
>>151182613
this guy gets it
>>
>>151181470
The Japs are pretty short, though. Are you sure they aren't dwarf twinks?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.