[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On January 5th and the 9th Princess Mononoke is coming to theaters,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1024_2000.jpg (150KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1024_2000.jpg
150KB, 1024x576px
On January 5th and the 9th Princess Mononoke is coming to theaters, i have a few questions.

1. Is it worth seeing in theaters if i have never seen it before?
2. Is it worth 35 mins of driving to said theater?
3. if 1 and 2 are a yes should i see it dubbed or subbed?
>>
yes
yes
preference. dub is well done
>>
>>151166955

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Debatable. Gaiman wrote the translation. It was decent. Claire Danes and Gillian Anderson were miscast. Billie-Bob Thorton and Minnie Driver were also miscast, but both of them were talented enough to turn in unique takes on their characters. Driver in particular managed to give a lot more range to some of her characters lines then the Japanese actress.

I'd still opt for the sub myself, just because the tertiary voice actors did a better job.
>>
No
No
Watch it subbed in the comfiness of your own home.
>>
>>151166955
no
no
who cares?
>>
File: 20161219_234739.jpg (318KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_234739.jpg
318KB, 1280x720px
>>151166955
>not watching it on VHS on your CRT
>>
>even considering dub
The fuck's going on with /a/ lately?
>>
>>151166955
Fuck yes, this might be the nostalgia talking but it is to this day one of the films that really solidified my love of anime as a kid.
Still yes
I don't really remember since the last time I watched it dubbed was as a kid, but as a rule of thumb if you can go for subbed without it being too much of a strain I'd go for it. I wouldn't watch a foreign film dubbed if I could all help it, anime or no.
>>
It's the best ghibli film
>>
>>151166955
1. Certainly.
2. Probably.
3. I can't see why you'd ever want to see it dubbed if you can avoid it.
>>
>>151168151
I'm not up to date on this new 4chan lingo, what do VHS and CRT stand for?
>>
>>151168527
refer to global rule #2
>>
>>151168646
But anon, it's been twenty years since DVDs came onto the scene, and almost 17 years since they began to overtake VHS.
>>
>>151168646

DVDs were introduced in '95. LCD and Plasma screens came out even earlier. Both predate the movie, which will be 20 years old next year.
>>
File: depressing.png (57KB, 455x451px) Image search: [Google]
depressing.png
57KB, 455x451px
>>151168750
>>151168803
>people born in 1998 are allowed on 4chan now
>>
Yes
Yes
Subbed
>>
>>151166955
Yes, Yes, and watch it dubbed the voices are much better, especially the wolf god, the sub version sounds like shit.
>>
>>151166955
I watched it for the first time a couple weeks ago, just watch it in the comfort of your own home. You don't need an audience to distract you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.