[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the optimal number of girls should a harem have? I believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 10

File: haremanime.jpg (761KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
haremanime.jpg
761KB, 1024x768px
What is the optimal number of girls should a harem have?

I believe five at max would be ideal.
>>
>>151118845
negima was rad. didnt watch the anime. pretty sure all harems suck though
>>
File: 1451540403813.jpg (262KB, 963x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1451540403813.jpg
262KB, 963x1280px
>>151118845
5 if the MC is a beta.
7 if MC is alpha.
Multiple harem groups if MC has lasted more than one season.
3 or less if MC is a little bitch.
>>
File: NoonecanstoptheRapeTrain.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NoonecanstoptheRapeTrain.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>151118845
As many as I want
>>
SZS tells me that it's at least a dozen or so.
Go big or go home.
>>
File: Makoto_Itou.png (89KB, 341x488px) Image search: [Google]
Makoto_Itou.png
89KB, 341x488px
>>151118845
A real man fucks as many girls (male and female) as he can.
>>
>>151118845
five, hmm...
>Childhood Friend
>Exotic Brown Girl*
>Imouto*
>Delicious Cake
>Tsundere who secretly wants to be made submissive
>*one of these could be loli, but not required

Yep, five is enough, OP
>>
What are you trying to optimize? I know that as the number of girls increases, the average quality becomes harder to sustain, and tends to decrease. If it were up to me, I'd want to maximize the average quality, and I don't give a shit about harem, so I'd just keep it at one girl to maximize the possibility of having a 10/10. But obviously you must have different criteria.
>>
File: This fucking faggot.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
This fucking faggot.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>151123800
>Exotic Brown Girl

Who'd want such uncultured savages?
>>
File: shades of brown.jpg (141KB, 880x960px) Image search: [Google]
shades of brown.jpg
141KB, 880x960px
>>151123992
Every harem of significant size has a brown girl. If one is not present in any given harem, that harem has failed to reach significant size.
Brown girls are an indicator of how 'ripe' a harem is and whether it is ready for consumption.
>>
>>151118845
At the very minimum 3 dictates a harem.
Then you have the sliding scale of characters/relationship strength and variety.

Low numbers yield more to stronger characters and stronger relations with the MC, but you have less variety.
Higher numbers give greater variety, but everyone's a cardboard cut-out that only talks to the MC.
Relationships between harem members sort of depends how much focus is given to the members of the harem vs. focus given to the MC.

Seems that 5 to 7 characters is the perfect number.
>>
File: Rokujouma_No_Shinryakusha.jpg (1MB, 2200x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Rokujouma_No_Shinryakusha.jpg
1MB, 2200x1536px
>>151118845
the correct answer is one
>>
File: correct.jpg (27KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
correct.jpg
27KB, 600x337px
>>151124387
The estimates check out.

I hate it when harems go overboard, it just has most of the girls be meaningless backgrounds most of the time.
>>
>>151124387
I would say with a higher number of girls, you tend to get the inner circle and outer circle of girls. One of the biggest things in harem is if there's a main girl or not. From there you have a number of girls that can actually be called competition and a bunch of girls that are pretty much zero competition. Less girls tends to make for fiercer competitions.
>>
>>151125426
What series would you recommend that does the latter?
>>
>>151125426
>Less girls tends to make for fiercer competitions.
and better girl on girl hatesex
The argument for small harems just keeps getting stronger.
>>
Once you pass 7 it's hard to give all of each girl appropriate screen time, so you're going to have some who are just stuck not doing anything for long periods of time. I mean, look at Negima where 50 or more chapters would pass without given girls doing much of anything.

And once you get over 10 girls, I just don't think any author can handle that very well.

Honestly I think it's better to have 5 or 6 well developed girls than twice that many, but not give any of them a good focus.
>>
File: the harem.jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
the harem.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
However many this is.
>>
>>151124751
You get another issue with harems, which is the ever expanding harem, namely adding a new girl every book. The harem keeps expanding every volume until every girl becomes a stereotype or one off joke. DAL is one such which suffers heavily from this.
>>
File: 57626my feels.png (756KB, 942x1080px) Image search: [Google]
57626my feels.png
756KB, 942x1080px
>>151125883
Monster Musume is experiencing this, every chapter shows a new characters, but barely does anything for a long length of time.
>>
>>151125650
OreShura is probably the most well known one, since everyone can see it's pretty much a battle between the two title characters. No one knows who will win. Fiercest competition yet.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.